Author Topic: Conditioning for a fight  (Read 1267 times)

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
Conditioning for a fight
« on: July 07, 2006, 06:51:22 AM »
I'm not a trained fighter but I was wondering what you guys do for conditioning.  I wrestled in high school and was in decent shape but I'm very curious what you guys do.  Seems like sparring would be best but besides that what do you reccommend?
nasser=piece of shit

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
Re: Conditioning for a fight
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 06:54:02 AM »
dude i'm running..fighting....run ning..fighting

in two weeks time i've noticed a huge difference when i started takign my cardio saeriously...

i run full out for five minutes then take a 1:30 break...for 3 times a day on to of boxing..or i sit on the stationary bike or elliptical machine for 30 minutes or so! i feel that boxing and going at it all the time til i gas is helping a ton! i'm able to go 2 five minute rounds now full bore and not gas!  :) i'm thinking intensity is where it's at! you can do great things with your cardio in a short amount of time!

RancherRanger

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 10:08:12 AM »
Haven't done any fights, but for conditioning I like to run a 8 minute mile, then on a treadmill to 8 more minutes on 4.5 speed, 6 incline.  If I were going to fight, I'd run 5 minutes full out, walk for 1 to 2 minutes, and repeat 3 to 4 times.

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 10:20:32 AM »
exactly