Author Topic: Superman vs Batman 2015!  (Read 101232 times)

Fortress

• Getbig V
Re: Superman vs Batman 2015!
« Reply #525 on: March 28, 2016, 06:16:22 PM »
Saw it last night.

I love it. Ben is perfect as Bruce and his Batman is weighty and brooding. He's a brute. Amazing.

The movie does an excellent job putting forward just how powerful Superman truly is.

I find the whole abandoned Wayne Manor/glass out building fascinating.

I don't know why anyone who's a fan would desire a shorter running time. As it is, I wanted it to never end.

The Batmobile is ferocious and the Batwing menacing.

I love how Wonder Woman is at home when in combat. Shit's seriously hitting the fan with Doomsday winning, and there she is, smiling with glee to be in the fight. Attacking with zeal.

Major thumbs-up.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #526 on: March 28, 2016, 08:31:26 PM »
Saw it last night.

I love it. Ben is perfect as Bruce and his Batman is weighty and brooding. He's a brute. Amazing.

The movie does an excellent job putting forward just how powerful Superman truly is.

I find the whole abandoned Wayne Manor/glass out building fascinating.

I don't know why anyone who's a fan would desire a shorter running time. As it is, I wanted it to never end.

The Batmobile is ferocious and the Batwing menacing.

I love how Wonder Woman is at home when in combat. Shit's seriously hitting the fan with Doomsday winning, and there she is, smiling with glee to be in the fight. Attacking with zeal.

Major thumbs-up.
Recall during the dark night trilogy his home was blown up so the shell was all that's remaining. It's a good flashback to his younger crime fighting days.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #527 on: March 29, 2016, 05:38:50 AM »
Only i thought this movie has no connection to the dark knight trilogy...

Recall during the dark night trilogy his home was blown up so the shell was all that's remaining. It's a good flashback to his younger crime fighting days.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #528 on: March 29, 2016, 05:41:42 AM »
So who won ???

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #529 on: March 29, 2016, 06:20:16 AM »
So who won ???

SPOILER:

Batman and Superman literally stop their epic battle of the ages because their moms have the same name.

I 100% shit you not. Batman has a fucking Kryptonite spear that the entire movie has pounded home he’s absolutely comfortable shoving through Superman’s face, which it’s inches above, and the second he finds out their moms’ names are both Martha, he cries like a little bitch and throws that shit away. Keep in mind, this is after almost two hours of Batman straight-up murdering people like the goddamn Punisher, and now he suddenly wants to be BFFs with Superman because of their mommies. Of all the ways he could’ve ended a fight that was already bullshit to begin with, that’s what Zack Snyder went with.

“Psst, yo, dude. Our moms have the same name.”
“Whaaaa? We’re totally friends now.”
Y

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #530 on: March 29, 2016, 06:21:38 AM »
SPOILER:

now I have no desire to see this movie. not even on tv.
a

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #531 on: March 29, 2016, 06:32:10 AM »
SPOILER:
Batman and Superman literally stop their epic battle of the ages because their moms have the same name.

I 100% shit you not. Batman has a fucking Kryptonite spear that the entire movie has pounded home he’s absolutely comfortable shoving through Superman’s face, which it’s inches above, and the second he finds out their moms’ names are both Martha, he cries like a little bitch and throws that shit away. Keep in mind, this is after almost two hours of Batman straight-up murdering people like the goddamn Punisher, and now he suddenly wants to be BFFs with Superman because of their mommies. Of all the ways he could’ve ended a fight that was already bullshit to begin with, that’s what Zack Snyder went with.

“Psst, yo, dude. Our moms have the same name.”
“Whaaaa? We’re totally friends now.”

This was one of the major letdowns of the movie.

All the hatred Batman builds up for Superman (over the course of, I don't know, the first hour and a half of the movie) is suddenly defused by the fact that their mothers share the same name. Batman is literally about to kill Superman and suddenly Superman states, "You need to go and save Martha". Holy mommy issues Batman. Batman immediately has a flashback to his parents getting killed and suddenly, the dark knight becomes that scared little boy in a dark alley outside of a Broadway musical and starts to cry.

What the fuck was that about?

"1"

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #532 on: March 29, 2016, 06:33:53 AM »

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #533 on: March 29, 2016, 06:34:01 AM »
Anyone realize that Wonder Woman was somewhat responsible for Superman's death.  During her fight she chops off Doomsday hand.  It then grows back as a long sharp crystal.  Later on when superman stabs doomsday with the kryptonite spear Doomsday jabs that new crystal hand right into Superman's heart.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #534 on: March 29, 2016, 06:37:44 AM »
Anyone realize that Wonder Woman was somewhat responsible for Superman's death.  During her fight she chops off Doomsday hand.  It then grows back as a long sharp crystal.  Later on when superman stabs doomsday with the kryptonite spear Doomsday jabs that new crystal hand right into Superman's heart.

What a beeauoch!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #535 on: March 29, 2016, 06:43:50 AM »
Poorly Reviewed 'Batman v Superman' Sets Box Office Records

March 28, 2016
Despite poor reviews, 'Batman v Superman' becomes the fourth largest worldwide box office draw in history.

https://www.yahoo.com/music/poorly-reviewed-batman-v-superman-142050234.html

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #536 on: March 29, 2016, 07:00:12 AM »
I do love how no one likes Lex Luthor.  The best quote was he was so over the top that he should have just worn a neon sign that said psycho bad guy.  haha.  It was just horrible acting and portrayal of Lex.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #537 on: March 29, 2016, 07:00:34 AM »

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #538 on: March 29, 2016, 07:31:08 AM »
Y

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #539 on: March 29, 2016, 07:40:45 AM »

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #540 on: March 29, 2016, 08:40:20 AM »
Here are some of my observations as it pertain to Tom's critique of various plotholes.  Not saying I'm correct, I'm just saying LOL:

1) lex finds out superman is clark kent (never explained)

Clearly Lex is an evil genius and it was made very clear he’s compiled data on Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and the Flash.  He knows who all of them are, but his focus is Superman.  If he’s figured out the others that are basically “in hiding” then it seems reasonable he can figure out the primary focus (Superman) that isn’t.    Plus he was given access to the Kryptonian ship that has all this data when he was able to negotiate access through top political means.

2) lex finds out martha kent is superman's mother (never explained)

He knew who Superman is so he’s figured out his roots.  Along these lines of “plot holes” you could say things like “Alfred was working on Batman’s technical gear and flew the Batwing…..that’s never explained…..he’s a butler.”  

3) lex bribes 1 senator without saying how really and is able to get a hold of zod's dead body and full access (even alone!) to the kryptonian damaged spaceship from "man of steel".. (REALLY? no way, no how would any 1 senator or the entire senate have the ability to give anyone no matter who, zod's body and access to the spaceship!

Well, there are no alien bodies in our world in which senators have access to, but we’re dealing with a universe of comic book material so it’s ok to cut it slack in a fictional universe that does.  This isn’t a plothole…..the exchange between senator and luthor fills that gap even if the political schenanigans aren’t played out.

4) lex is able to get some scuba divers to the indian ocean to find kryptonite since it was leftover from the indian ocean terraformer spaceship from "man of steel"... (wouldn't that entire ocean area be NO ACCESS to ANYONE much less lex hiring some teenage looking scuba divers to do this work for him without a shred of any security or guarding of said waters?!

We don’t know there wasn’t security in the Indian ocean.  Place could’ve been teaming with security.  The world engine exploded in MOS and cast debris all over.  Seems these folks could be looking in the more remote parts and got lucky.  Since when does black market activity follow the rules?

5) lex is able to get information on wonder woman including a photo of her nearly 100 years ago and batman steals that information as well so he knows wonder woman is diana prince AS WELL! information and video of diana/wonder woman at a bank, photo taken of her getting into a car and so on... because she is so stupid that while she wants to hide her identity from man's world she does a crappy job of doing it!...

So you’re critical that literally the two top technicians, top brilliant minds and one being a fantastic detective cracked the code on Wonder Woman?   Before the new 52 was launched DC ran the entire OMAC Project series that had Batman and Maxwell Lord secretly identifying and tracking metahumans all over the planet.

6) the beginning of the movie where we see the fight and damage from "man of steel" and bruce's friend is killed in a skyscraper collapsing... bruce calls him to tell him to get himself and everyone out of the building.... THE ENTIRE CITY is coming down around them LITERALLY and they haven't left the building yet? really?! lol!..

You’re critical of thousands of people in one of the tallest buildings in the city not being evacuating in minutes?  They’re looking out the windows at the devastation around them trying to make sense of things.  Are they safe?  Where are their children?  They need to make calls.  Where were they supposed to go?  Thousands of folks were killed in the 911 attack with one tower on fire and people weren’t able to get out before the second tower was hit.  Elevators were shutdown and it takes a long time for thousands to stream down dozens and dozens of flights of stairs.

7) the whole premise that because of his friend and others being killed that bruce/batman becomes obsessed that superman is destructive, needs to be taken down and so on... because "he brought the war to us" and because he has the power to destroy the planet and everyone in it, if there is 1 % chance he could go rogue and bad he needs to be taken down and destroyed?" HUH! sure, superman kind of brought the war to earth, but he didn't do it on purpose! and if it wasn't for him, the entire world WOULD HAVE BEEN DESTROYED AND every human killed!

Superman is an alien as are Zod and crew.  At that point in MOS folks didn’t really know what to think of Superman, but they knew he was powerful.  And then Zod and Superman took down Wayne’s tower.  He didn’t know who did that, but he knew it only took seconds.  Was it Zod?  Was it Superman?  Was it both?  All he knew is that thousands of his employees and friends died because of rampant alien destruction in the city.    And now he wants to ensure that Superman won’t have a random bad morning and decide to wipe out a state.  As Alfred indicated “this is how the fever starts…..with feeling powerless”.  Batman’s been dealing with maniacs for a long time and now alien superpowers are wiping out a city in minutes.  Yeah, he has cause for concern LOL.  Still, Batman was in a more maniacal state himself and it took the connection between the Martha mothers for a bit of his humanity to be restored and for him to recognize the humanity in Superman.

8) lex creates doomsday by using zod's dna (once again stupid how he was able to get a hold of his body!) and his own.. and that would work why?

Would it make more sense to attempt to revive Kryptonian dna with Kryptonian technology or with human technology?  He didn’t know if it would work, but he was attempting to do something sinister and unprecedented and it worked.  He capitalized on gaining access to the Kryptonian ship and it’s incredible database of information.  He was able to tap into the old (yet failed) Kryptonian protocol that produced genetic mutations.  No we didn’t see the entire tutorial, but we can assume with Lex (being one of earth’s most brilliant, driven and insane) that he might figure something out.    

You should read the comic book series on the origin of Doomsday on ancient Krypton.   Scientist began with a baby like creature and tossed into the horrendous environment where it would die over and over.  They took the dead husk and revived it again and again and again and again.  This repeat exposure to extreme elements and creatures caused Doomsday to slowly adapt and evolve.   Apparently this protocol was incorporated into the film.

9) lex finds out kryptonite affects kryptonians by experimenting on zod's DEAD BODY and sees how the green k destroys the cells and so on? how does that work if the body is dead and thus the cells would be as well???!!!

Why does Kryptonian organic matter have to function in the same manner as human organic matter?

10) the fight: geez, that is a whole other topic! utterly ridiculous and unbelievable!... not to mention after the fight how superman can carry the green k spear and fly to fight and kill doomsday with it, but yet just a short time ago some green k gas can incapacitate him!..

Within comic books  Superman has functioned with Kryptonite on several occasions although it quickly weakened him.  The time elapsed in this scene was seconds.

11) MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD: superman is declared dead and we see in the same issue of the daily planet in the back pages (superman dead is on the front page) clark kent died as well "covering the batman/superman/wonder woman fight with doomsday... it's told that superman given a government funeral that is coffin is empty as i'm sure batman and wonder woman and lois let those not at the scene say that supermans' body was destroyed or whatever.. meanwhile theirs a funeral in kansas for clark kent and his body (not face though) shown in the coffin at the funeral and his being buried...the ending has it that superman as clark kent in that ground in kansas is not dead after all as the coffin and ground starts to shake a bit.. okay, so superman didn't die and lives.. how is it going to explain when clark kent comes back to life too?...

I’m not going to make a comment on what hasn’t occurred yet in film.  Not a plothole for BvS though.  Hey they explained it in 1993-1994 in the comics.

Tom not at all trying to be ugly either, just answering questions and asking a couple of my own.  I do understand what you're suggesting....I just didn't find these items to be troubling at all.   ;)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #541 on: March 29, 2016, 08:53:07 AM »
Here are some of my observations as it pertain to Tom's critique

Tom not at all trying to be ugly either, just answering questions and asking a couple of my own.  I do understand what you're suggesting....I just didn't find these items to be troubling at all.   ;)

Very nice breakdown.

Now can you help me out as well MOS?

This was one of the major letdowns of the movie.

All the hatred Batman builds up for Superman (over the course of, I don't know, the first hour and a half of the movie) is suddenly defused by the fact that their mothers share the same name. Batman is literally about to kill Superman and suddenly Superman states, "You need to go and save Martha". Holy mommy issues Batman. Batman immediately has a flashback to his parents getting killed and suddenly, the dark knight becomes that scared little boy in a dark alley outside of a Broadway musical and starts to cry.

What the fuck was that about?

"1"

Shed some light on this, as it made me very sad.

"1"

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #542 on: March 29, 2016, 08:55:22 AM »
Wonder Woman was very proficient with a sword. She seemed to be capable of wielding a spear with kryptonite and lancing the monster. Seems to me that would have been the logical plan of action.... "Hey Wonderwoman, take this spear and stab him in the heart while I distract him"...

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #543 on: March 29, 2016, 09:17:40 AM »
Wonder Woman was very proficient with a sword. She seemed to be capable of wielding a spear with kryptonite and lancing the monster. Seems to me that would have been the logical plan of action.... "Hey Wonderwoman, take this spear and stab him in the heart while I distract him"...

I agree with you. In terms of true warrior proficiency she's better than Superman and Batman by far.  It would've been the better choice, but they were attempting to be comic book faithful and it's Superman and Doomsday that wipe each other out.

In one comic book encounter between Doomsday and the JLA both Martin Manhunter (who Superman is almost afraid to fight) and Wonder Woman get their butts handed to them by Doomsday. 

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #544 on: March 29, 2016, 09:25:04 AM »
Just more pussification of this once great country, in the 40/50/60 superman used to fuck Wonderwoman

now , wonderwoman fought doomsday with a smile , while superman got his ass beat and batman went hiding under a rock

what a fucking shame  :-\

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #545 on: March 29, 2016, 09:28:46 AM »
Very nice breakdown.

Now can you help me out as well MOS?

Shed some light on this, as it made me very sad.

"1"

The death of Bruce's parents is the catalyst for all that is Batman.  The fear and terror experienced by a young boy in Bruce Wayne caused by the hate and ugliness of evil men would then be cast back upon them through Batman.

Seeing the entry of Superman and the Kryptonians and the rampant destruction they brought about left him feeling powerless and helpless again....like that child that once lost his parents tragically and terrifyingly.  "The fever" has now set in on Batman once again yet magnified and he's become grizzled and brutal in his current dealings with the criminal element...killing and branding folks that break the law.  Now he's out for ultimate act of terror to be inflicted upon the ultimate terrorist in Superman who's power is unmatched and inevitably lethal to the world.  He must act strategically and brutally towards this ultimate foe to again shift the tide back in his favor.  

Although, upon learning that Superman also had a beloved mother named Martha and understanding that Superman is only wanting to save her, this restores Batman's humanity and draws that suppressed sincerity out of him.  Superman is now helpless and facing death via Batman and only wants to save his mother Martha.  Now, finally, Batman gets an opportunity to SAVE MARTHA!!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #546 on: March 29, 2016, 09:33:35 AM »
Just more pussification of this once great country, in the 40/50/60 superman used to fuck Wonderwoman

now , wonderwoman fought doomsday with a smile , while superman got his ass beat and batman went hiding under a rock

what a fucking shame  :-\

In the new 52 Superman and Wonder Woman are an item.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #547 on: March 29, 2016, 09:33:47 AM »
The death of Bruce's parents is the catalyst for all that is Batman.  The fear and terror experienced by a young boy in Bruce Wayne caused the hate and ugliness of the evil of men would then be cast back upon them through Batman.

Seeing the entry of Superman and the Kryptonians and the rampant destruction they brought about left him feeling powerless and helpless again....like that child that one lost his parents tragically and terrifyingly.  "The fever" has now set in on Batman and he become grizzled and brutal in his current dealings with the criminal element...killing and branding folks that break the law.  Now he's out for ultimate act of terror to be inflicted upon the ultimate terrorist in Superman who's power is unmatched and inevitably lethal to the world.  He must act strategically and brutally towards this ultimate folk to again shift the tide back in his favor.  Although, upon learning that Superman also had a beloved mother named Martha and understanding that Superman is only wanting to save her.  This restores Batman's humanity and draws that suppressed sincerity out of him.  Superman is now helpless and facing death via Batman and only wants to save his mother Martha.  Now, finally, Batman gets an opportunity to SAVE MARTHA!!

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #548 on: March 29, 2016, 09:38:54 AM »
MoS owning fools all over this thread.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #549 on: March 29, 2016, 10:07:13 AM »