Author Topic: Hey BB, OOOOPs, what's this????????  (Read 1070 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Hey BB, OOOOPs, what's this????????
« on: June 27, 2008, 03:15:01 PM »
 :-\

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Hey BB, OOOOPs, what's this????????
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 03:19:41 PM »
A man standing with arms spread, wearing a red tie? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 03:24:05 PM »
A man standing with arms spread, wearing a red tie? 
Do you know his name and what that thing is he's standing behind :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 03:27:12 PM »
Do you know his name and what that thing is he's standing behind :D

Dr. James Dobson and he's standing behind a lectern?  I don't like having to think after noon on Fridays (there ought to be a law), but these are pretty easy questions.   :)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 03:40:43 PM »
Dr. James Dobson and he's standing behind a lectern?  I don't like having to think after noon on Fridays (there ought to be a law), but these are pretty easy questions.   :)
I guess it's all he could afford after buying all that air time ;)  But you get the point, maybe...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 03:45:32 PM »
All's this thread is missing is children and genitals.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 03:47:43 PM »
I guess it's all he could afford after buying all that air time ;)  But you get the point, maybe...

I get the point.  Giving a speech or preaching a sermon doesn't make the man a preacher.  He doesn't have a congregation.  It doesn't support Jag's and I assume your contention that he is a preacher. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 03:52:52 PM »
a little more insight into the "Dr"

http://www.5280.com/issues/2006/0607/feature.php?pageID=400

The article in a Denver magazine called “5280″ makes Dobson’s mother, Myrtle, sound like a real piece of work. Notes writer Eileen Welsome:

Myrtle [tag]Dobson[/tag] was an amiable and social woman, but she didn’t hesitate to whack her son with a shoe or belt when she felt it was required. Consequently, Dobson writes, he learned at an early age to stay out of striking distance when he back-talked to his mother. One day he made the mistake of mouthing off when she was only four feet away and heard a 16-pound girdle whistling through the air. “The intended blow caught me across the chest, followed by a multitude of straps and buckles wrapping themselves around my midsection.” The girdle incident did not dampen his defiance, however. One evening, after Dobson’s mother forbid him from going to a dance, the recalcitrant teenager told her that he was going anyway; she picked up the telephone and called her husband. “I need you,” she said.

The article continues: “‘What happened in the next few days shocked me down to my toes,’ writes Dobson.”

His father canceled the next four years’ worth of speaking engagements, put the Oklahoma house up for sale, and took a pastor’s job in San Benito, Texas, a small town near the Mexican border. Dobson had two years of high school left, and when he started classes he found himself the target of a couple of bullies. Rather than turn the other cheek, Dobson wheeled around and threw his schoolbooks in the face of one annoying youth. “By the time he could see me again I was on top of him,” Dobson writes. Dobson also tried a little bullying himself, targeting a boy whom he sized up as a “sissy.” But the boy gave him such a thrashing that Dobson concluded bullying wasn’t for him.

Elsewhere the story notes that in the Dobson household there were “a million rules…regulations and prohibitions for almost every imaginable situation.” Dobson recalls being “chewed out for using the expression ‘Hot dog!’ and forbidden from uttering ‘darn,’ ‘geez,’ or ‘dad-gummit’ because they were considered shorthand swear words.”

Even more alarming, Dobson admits in one of his books that as a child he arranged a fight between two mismatched dogs. The battle involved a tenacious bulldog and a “sweet, passive Scottie named Baby,” and Dobson provoked it by throwing a tennis ball toward Baby. He writes what happened next: “The bulldog went straight for Baby’s throat and hung on. It was an awful scene. Neighbors came running from everywhere as the Scottie screamed in terror. It took ten minutes and a garden hose for the adults to pry loose the bulldog’s grip. By then Baby was almost dead. He spent two weeks in the animal hospital, and I spent two weeks in the doghouse. I was hated by the entire town.”

As any child psychologist will tell you, this type of cruelty toward animals is a sign of a serious psychological disturbance.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008, 03:58:06 PM »
I get the point.  Giving a speech or preaching a sermon doesn't make the man a preacher.  He doesn't have a congregation.  It doesn't support Jag's and I assume your contention that he is a preacher. 
I agree, I was actually shocked to see this pic, well, not only this one but many like it.  I never thought he was a preacher.  He always introduced his segments with I'm Dr...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2008, 04:00:04 PM »
I agree, I was actually shocked to see this pic, well, not only this one but many like it.  I never thought he was a preacher.  He always introduced his segments with I'm Dr...

I'm sure he has been asked to speak at churches numerous times, just like any other accomplished leader who happens to be Christian. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2008, 04:02:25 PM »
a little more insight into the "Dr"

http://www.5280.com/issues/2006/0607/feature.php?pageID=400

The article in a Denver magazine called “5280″ makes Dobson’s mother, Myrtle, sound like a real piece of work. Notes writer Eileen Welsome:

Myrtle [tag]Dobson[/tag] was an amiable and social woman, but she didn’t hesitate to whack her son with a shoe or belt when she felt it was required. Consequently, Dobson writes, he learned at an early age to stay out of striking distance when he back-talked to his mother. One day he made the mistake of mouthing off when she was only four feet away and heard a 16-pound girdle whistling through the air. “The intended blow caught me across the chest, followed by a multitude of straps and buckles wrapping themselves around my midsection.” The girdle incident did not dampen his defiance, however. One evening, after Dobson’s mother forbid him from going to a dance, the recalcitrant teenager told her that he was going anyway; she picked up the telephone and called her husband. “I need you,” she said.

The article continues: “‘What happened in the next few days shocked me down to my toes,’ writes Dobson.”

His father canceled the next four years’ worth of speaking engagements, put the Oklahoma house up for sale, and took a pastor’s job in San Benito, Texas, a small town near the Mexican border. Dobson had two years of high school left, and when he started classes he found himself the target of a couple of bullies. Rather than turn the other cheek, Dobson wheeled around and threw his schoolbooks in the face of one annoying youth. “By the time he could see me again I was on top of him,” Dobson writes. Dobson also tried a little bullying himself, targeting a boy whom he sized up as a “sissy.” But the boy gave him such a thrashing that Dobson concluded bullying wasn’t for him.

Elsewhere the story notes that in the Dobson household there were “a million rules…regulations and prohibitions for almost every imaginable situation.” Dobson recalls being “chewed out for using the expression ‘Hot dog!’ and forbidden from uttering ‘darn,’ ‘geez,’ or ‘dad-gummit’ because they were considered shorthand swear words.”

Even more alarming, Dobson admits in one of his books that as a child he arranged a fight between two mismatched dogs. The battle involved a tenacious bulldog and a “sweet, passive Scottie named Baby,” and Dobson provoked it by throwing a tennis ball toward Baby. He writes what happened next: “The bulldog went straight for Baby’s throat and hung on. It was an awful scene. Neighbors came running from everywhere as the Scottie screamed in terror. It took ten minutes and a garden hose for the adults to pry loose the bulldog’s grip. By then Baby was almost dead. He spent two weeks in the animal hospital, and I spent two weeks in the doghouse. I was hated by the entire town.”

As any child psychologist will tell you, this type of cruelty toward animals is a sign of a serious psychological disturbance.

HOLY SHIT :-X

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2008, 04:05:39 PM »
I'm sure he has been asked to speak at churches numerous times, just like any other accomplished leader who happens to be Christian. 
So he doesn't speak from his pulpit, he borrows them :D  anyway, he's not a preacher but he definitely does a lot of preaching.  Jag's point is null since he's never been tax exempt, that I know of.  I just thought it was a funny pic to lay out there after that thread.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2008, 04:09:40 PM »
It looks like even long time Republicans and getting sick of Dr "look at my penis" Dobson:

From Time Magazine: http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1818313,00.html

The website was the handiwork of a coalition of Christian leaders headed by Kirbyjon Caldwell, the Texas pastor and Bush family friend who led the benediction at George W. Bush's first Inauguration.

http://www.jamesdobsondoesntspeakforme.com/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2008, 06:06:48 PM »
So he doesn't speak from his pulpit, he borrows them :D  anyway, he's not a preacher but he definitely does a lot of preaching.  Jag's point is null since he's never been tax exempt, that I know of.  I just thought it was a funny pic to lay out there after that thread.

Yeah.  It was funny.   :)

I don't know if Focus on the Family is nonprofit.  Could be.  The partisan politics prohibition applies to churches.  Not sure if it applies to all 501(c)(3) corps.  Maybe Decker would know?  He's a tax man.