Author Topic: Alcohol affecting physique?  (Read 6518 times)

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
Re: Alcohol affecting physique?
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2009, 01:12:17 AM »
Usually if I drink heavily 2-7 days in a row I'll get leaner because I don't bother eating as much.

Cleans me out too, monster dumps.

I never drink more than 7 days in a row though.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2009, 01:13:22 AM »
I drink a lot. Doesn't really affect my strength gains, but I never get any bigger.
P

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2009, 01:18:06 AM »
Alcoholism isn't a joke, dude.
its not real either.

there are alcohol addicts, but not "people with alcoholism"

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2009, 01:19:32 AM »
its not real either.

there are alcohol addicts, but not "people with alcoholism"

play on words. Alcohol is dangerous.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2009, 01:20:34 AM »
Getting mega-drunk = training affected for 4+ days afterwards according to Duck :-X

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2009, 01:24:11 AM »
Although Arnold made a lot of "sacrifices", he allways found a way to "enjoy life" to the fullest...

Definitely a man of pleasures.

exactly, in a column for muscle and fitness he once said how he found it pathetic how some guys on these expos made themselves a slave of bodybuilding, walking around with big jugs of water like they were in need for it every couple of minutes.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2009, 01:26:20 AM »
exactly, in a column for muscle and fitness he once said how he found it pathetic how some guys on these expos made themselves a slave of bodybuilding, walking around with big jugs of water like they were in need for it every couple of minutes.

I hate bodybuilding slaves.
P

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2009, 02:38:31 AM »
Well alcohol is a dehydrant and muscle is made up of a lot of water so obviously its no good for you
Never drank alcohol,never will

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2009, 05:24:55 AM »
Well alcohol is a dehydrant and muscle is made up of a lot of water so obviously its no good for you
Never drank alcohol,never will
maybe you dont like to live?

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2009, 07:13:23 AM »
never set aside the pleasures of life for just having that bit more of muscle. you will regret it later on.

Thats 100 % true!!!

I met a bb who didnt even had a drink on his own wedding day he wasnt even competing at the time....
 now he only can wish he could turn back time.

body88

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2009, 07:31:56 AM »
You can have fun on the weekends and maintain a great physique.  If you're at the point were you are unhappy because of bodybuilding it's time to rethink your life  ::)  Bodybuilding is suppsed to be fun, too.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2009, 07:35:37 AM »
i dont even like drinking. if i did, maybe id do it. but for now i like to smoke weed for fun and once in a while eat (10grams of) shrooms.

partys with drunk people are cool though. most people are boring and shy and conservative untill they get wasted. then they are fun, making a fool of themself, the women flirt and put out.

jack_ftype

• Getbig II
  • Sans Peur
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2009, 07:36:17 AM »

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2009, 07:36:39 AM »
i dont even like drinking. if i did, maybe id do it. but for now i like to smoke weed for fun and once in a while eat (10grams of) shrooms.

partys with drunk people are cool though. most people are boring and shy and conservative untill they get wasted. then they are fun, making a fool of themself, the women flirt and put out.

Good going! PsiloTbombz = peace and love.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2009, 07:43:18 AM »
Thats 100 % true!!!

I met a bb who didnt even had a drink on his own wedding day he wasnt even competing at the time....
 now he only can wish he could turn back time.

yeah thats pathetic, i admit i had a period like that as well but glad im not like that anymore.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2009, 08:10:24 AM »
Alcoholism isn't a joke, dude.  Both of my grandad's brothers died of it.  One put a shotgun in his mouth, and the other a .357 in his temple.  Some shit shouldn't be kidded around about on here, and this is one of them.

So did they die of suicide or Alcohol?...Confused ???

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2009, 08:19:38 AM »
Good going! PsiloTbombz = peace and love.
my last trip was epic. one week ago.

before the trip i had a feelin of some kind of overlying "force" on all existance, that i had attained on a previous trip when i was up on top of a mountain looking down across the valley (central valley california, small mountain next to mount diablo)....

but during this trip i actually was able to experience some cool stuff. hard to explain, but sort of spiritual/intellectual/"character" journey into what i think was space... where i was hearing the "concious" of past generations in my family...going into certain "realms" of existance... like forr example i jounreyd into a cold dark place that felt anxious depresed and scared...

anyway, as you know, these kinds of things dont translate very well at all. experiencing it is really the only way to know. 

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2009, 08:28:30 AM »
I don't think there's anything wrong with setting one day a week, on a Friday or Saturday evening to have a few drinks.

I stay away from the spirits and just stick to beer.

Got to enjoy life as well and have some fun!!!  :)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2009, 08:30:39 AM »
Well my definition of a "drink" was a 16 oz glass filled with vodka (with a splash of cranberry on top just so i could say it wasn't straight vodka).... 5 or 6 percocets... and a gram of blow.

You should have drank that vodka through a beer bong....it acts as a carburetor of sorts.  8)

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2009, 08:31:57 AM »
maybe you dont like to live?
I like to live
I love masturbation,sex with girls,wearing pink t-shirts displaying my big muscles and laughing at old ppl when they fall over steps or things

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2009, 08:35:25 AM »
Alcohol is extremely toxic to your body. It converts IMMEDIATELY to estrogen. Its probably the worst thing you can do as far as hindering your training outside of not eating. 20 drinks a week is a drinking problem.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2009, 08:36:19 AM »
its only a problem if you want it to be a problem.

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2009, 08:43:56 AM »
its only a problem if you want it to be a problem.

Dumb. 20 drinks is almost a case of beer. Drinking a case of beer a week is disgusting. I don't see the validity in the argument that someone is living life more if they are getting drunk.

body88

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2009, 08:57:13 AM »
Alcohol is extremely toxic to your body. It converts IMMEDIATELY to estrogen. Its probably the worst thing you can do as far as hindering your training outside of not eating. 20 drinks a week is a drinking problem.

Oh stop.  Every college kid on the planet has 20 beers over a weekend.  I'm sure all the steroids you take are much more healthy ::)  Bodybuilding for recreation should be about looking good and having fun.  Drinking 12 beers a weekend is not going to impact you much.  I used to be crazy strict with my diet...didn't drink, all that shit.  then I realized I was unhappy as fuck.  I eat pretty clean and I have some beers on the weekends from time to time and there is MAYBE a 5% difference in my physique.  Still train just as hard.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2009, 09:06:21 AM »
i only drink in the weekends and never get real drunk, in fact i hate getting drunk and i hate drunk people.