Author Topic: Superman vs Batman 2015!  (Read 101302 times)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Re: Superman vs Batman 2015!
« Reply #475 on: March 25, 2016, 08:13:45 PM »
It was just ok. You dc  fanboys.
A

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #476 on: March 25, 2016, 08:23:27 PM »
MOS review (an actual lifelong comic book, action figure collecting, DC/Marvel fan and diehard Superman fan):

9 out of 10....loved it!!  Why not a 10?  I wish it was 6 hours long.

The professional critic reviews are WORTHLESS.  The movie is awesome!!!

Story is seamless and every thing wrong I've read about is NONSENSE!!

It's a blast.  If you're comic nerd and didn't enjoy it that's fine....that's an informed opinion.

For everyone else, if you didn't enjoy the film, the following is most likely true:

1) You didn't read comic books growing up (or as an adult).
2) You are tired of the comic book movie genre (it doesn't mean much to you anyways).
3) You didn't understand the references and what was happening so it moved to fast for you (sorry!)
4) You are easily persuaded by "professional" reviews!

Affleck is Batman and anyone that says otherwise doesn't have a clue....greatest on screen Batman I've ever seen.

Wonder Woman was awesome.....her solo movie comes next summer!!

I teared up at the end of BvS!  I teared up at the action!  I teared up because it played like comic books I read as a kid!

The movie isn't 30% on Rotten Tomatoes....gimme a break!  It's isn't 5 out of 10....gimme a break!!

For people dishing those scores they just don't get it. 

And yes I'm now highly aggravated with the reviews on this film because they're ridiculous!

You been drinking the Jesus juice a bit tonight there big guy?

Affleck was so, bloated and looked uncomfortable as batman. He was a good Bruce Wayne though.  The weak intro to the flash, cyborg and aquaman was lame. 

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #477 on: March 25, 2016, 08:25:51 PM »
I hear this movie sucks dick.

What is the getbigger consensus?

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #478 on: March 25, 2016, 11:57:10 PM »
I hear this movie sucks dick.

What is the getbigger consensus?

The low scores are wierd, this is a REALLY good superhero movie. You have to consider the genre. But it's very good.

Take it from me, I hate the current superhero trend of movies. And I'm not a fan of Affleck either. This was superbly edited, directed, paced and scored.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #479 on: March 26, 2016, 02:04:01 AM »
i am taking my son to see it today

will report back from both point of views

benchmark is avengers age of ultron

his fav bit of that was ironman fighting hulk
T

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #480 on: March 26, 2016, 04:58:21 AM »
I agree with MOS..
It was a awesome movie..
If you followed the comic book series..
It will make sense to you..
If you didn't.. you will be complaining about it..
It will hit the $1 billion mark..
This will allow the studio's to green light the next chapter of the justice league... looking forward to 2019 / 2020 justice league movie...

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #481 on: March 26, 2016, 05:51:51 AM »
For some reason it's cool to hate this movie. 

But the cool kids didn't get it in high school and they still don't get it today.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #482 on: March 26, 2016, 06:00:29 AM »
I will see for myself at some point but strange you should say that coz the film is getting panned for poor editing, no direction, thrown together scenes, plots with no explanation, games console level graphics, the list goes on and on.

The low scores are wierd, this is a REALLY good superhero movie. You have to consider the genre. But it's very good.

Take it from me, I hate the current superhero trend of movies. And I'm not a fan of Affleck either. This was superbly edited, directed, paced and scored.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #483 on: March 26, 2016, 06:10:18 AM »
I will see for myself at some point but strange you should say that coz the film is getting panned for poor editing, no direction, thrown together scenes, plots with no explanation, games console level graphics, the list goes on and on.

All nonsense.

This is prime example of when you shouldn't listen to the "they say" crap.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #484 on: March 26, 2016, 06:15:25 AM »
MOS review (an actual lifelong comic book, action figure collecting, DC/Marvel fan and diehard Superman fan):

9 out of 10....loved it!!  Why not a 10?  I wish it was 6 hours long.

The professional critic reviews are WORTHLESS.  The movie is awesome!!!

Story is seamless and every thing wrong I've read about is NONSENSE!!

It's a blast.  If you're comic nerd and didn't enjoy it that's fine....that's an informed opinion.

For everyone else, if you didn't enjoy the film, the following is most likely true:

1) You didn't read comic books growing up (or as an adult).
2) You are tired of the comic book movie genre (it doesn't mean much to you anyways).
3) You didn't understand the references and what was happening so it moved to fast for you (sorry!)
4) You are easily persuaded by "professional" reviews!

Affleck is Batman and anyone that says otherwise doesn't have a clue....greatest on screen Batman I've ever seen.

Wonder Woman was awesome.....her solo movie comes next summer!!

I teared up at the end of BvS!  I teared up at the action!  I teared up because it played like comic books I read as a kid!

The movie isn't 30% on Rotten Tomatoes....gimme a break!  It's isn't 5 out of 10....gimme a break!!

For people dishing those scores they just don't get it.  

And yes I'm now highly aggravated with the reviews on this film because they're ridiculous!

You teared up?! Lmao. Oh boy

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #485 on: March 26, 2016, 06:17:52 AM »

You teared up?! Lmao. Oh boy

Absolutely.....loved it!  

This material has meant something to me my entire life.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #486 on: March 26, 2016, 06:19:02 AM »
Watched it in 4D. The guano stench was unbearable.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #487 on: March 26, 2016, 06:37:20 AM »
Most folks and critics didnt understand Batman's dreams,  prophetic visions, foreshadowing or references to other JLA members.

If you watched this movie and didn't instantly recognize a character like say "Mercy Graves" you probably didn't understand what you watched.   And when a movie assumes more from an audience that can make people feel stupid and critics HATE feeling stupid and uninformed.

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #488 on: March 26, 2016, 06:41:45 AM »
MANOFSTEEL..what say you, to my long previous page "so many holes" in this movie comments?....

if you can (or want) please post answers to the many plot holes/questions i have.....

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #489 on: March 26, 2016, 06:47:35 AM »
Most folks and critics didnt understand Batman's dreams,  prophetic visions, foreshadowing or references to other JLA members.

If you watched this movie and didn't instantly recognize a character like say "Mercy Graves" you probably didn't understand what you watched.   And when a movie assumes more from an audience that can make people feel stupid and critics HATE feeling stupid and uninformed.

This movie was jam packed with Easter eggs.  Prolly the only reason I'll watch it again. There were some references I couldn't catch. 

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #490 on: March 26, 2016, 06:50:33 AM »
SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET....

JUST SAW IT AND where oh where to begin.. leave you intelligence, common sense and any sense of logic at the door.. this movie has more "holes" in it then a stack of swiss cheese slices!... it's actually surprising even SHOCKING that the powers that be let this movie stand 'as is" and put it out there...the director must be a total HACK as well as the writers!....

to a comic fan and a non comic fan moviegoer the holes are glaring and even blatant.. the list is very long..

1) lex finds out superman is clark kent (never explained) The ship taught him

2) lex finds out martha kent is superman's mother (never explained) The ship taught him

3) lex bribes 1 senator without saying how really and is able to get a hold of zod's dead body and full access (even alone!) to the kryptonian damaged spaceship from "man of steel".. (REALLY? no way, no how would any 1 senator or the entire senate have the ability to give anyone no matter who, zod's body and access to the spaceship! DoD owns the ship

4) lex is able to get some scuba divers to the indian ocean to find kryptonite since it was leftover from the indian ocean terraformer spaceship from "man of steel"... (wouldn't that entire ocean area be NO ACCESS to ANYONE much less lex hiring some teenage looking scuba divers to do this work for him without a shred of any security or guarding of said waters?! the kids worked for the white haired white guy, not working for lex. Just found and sold him the kryptonite

5) lex is able to get information on wonder woman including a photo of her nearly 100 years ago and batman steals that information as well so he knows wonder woman is diana prince AS WELL! information and video of diana/wonder woman at a bank, photo taken of her getting into a car and so on... because she is so stupid that while she wants to hide her identity from man's world she does a crappy job of doing it!... Kind of like S.H.E.I.L.D has details about everybody too

6) the beginning of the movie where we see the fight and damage from "man of steel" and bruce's friend is killed in a skyscraper collapsing... bruce calls him to tell him to get himself and everyone out of the building.... THE ENTIRE CITY is coming down around them LITERALLY and they haven't left the building yet? really?! lol!.. Kind of like 9/11 right?

7) the whole premise that because of his friend and others being killed that bruce/batman becomes obsessed that superman is destructive, needs to be taken down and so on... because "he brought the war to us" and because he has the power to destroy the planet and everyone in it, if there is 1 % chance he could go rogue and bad he needs to be taken down and destroyed?" HUH! sure, superman kind of brought the war to earth, but he didn't do it on purpose! and if it wasn't for him, the entire world WOULD HAVE BEEN DESTROYED AND every human killed! Yep, the point was a lex stated, you can be able powerful and all good

meanwhile, the movie starts 18 months after the destruction of metropolis (oh wait, in this movie metropolis and gotham are just across the water, neighboring cities? and both cities were destroyed in "man of steel?" them being neighboring cities is never mentioned in "man of steel"!) and we (thus the world) are shown superman saving people and doing good deeds, but batman doesn't? still thinks superman could be bad and is suspicious of him? if he WANTED to destroy the world and people why hadn't he done it by now? it's not like superman was NOT DOING GOOD DEEDS AND SAVING PEOPLE in this time span from "man of steel" to this movie!..

their is also alot of play about superman being a alien and do we know he's all good and that whenever he does some good, others get hurt, blah, blah, blah? so it shows the public being totally irrational and stupid, forgetting he does 95% good for the world?
Not across the water, people nice to fly there

8) lex creates doomsday by using zod's dna (once again stupid how he was able to get a hold of his body!) and his own.. and that would work why? his dna is in doomsday and he hates superman

9) lex finds out kryptonite affects kryptonians by experimenting on zod's DEAD BODY and sees how the green k destroys the cells and so on? how does that work if the body is dead and thus the cells would be as well???!!!

10) the fight: geez, that is a whole other topic! utterly ridiculous and unbelievable!... not to mention after the fight how superman can carry the green k spear and fly to fight and kill doomsday with it, but yet just a short time ago some green k gas can incapacitate him!..
He is weaken by this and why he "dies" at the end.

11) MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD: superman is declared dead and we see in the same issue of the daily planet in the back pages (superman dead is on the front page) clark kent died as well "covering the batman/superman/wonder woman fight with doomsday... it's told that superman given a government funeral that is coffin is empty as i'm sure batman and wonder woman and lois let those not at the scene say that supermans' body was destroyed or whatever.. meanwhile theirs a funeral in kansas for clark kent and his body (not face though) shown in the coffin at the funeral and his being buried...the ending has it that superman as clark kent in that ground in kansas is not dead after all as the coffin and ground starts to shake a bit.. okay, so superman didn't die and lives.. how is it going to explain when clark kent comes back to life too?...

and yes, these are just the plot holes off the top of my head!...  movie wasn't the greatness, by you need to re watch you miss a lot of basic plot material.

A

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #491 on: March 26, 2016, 09:37:37 AM »
just saw it

pretty god if a little slow at times

my son said it was better than age of ultron
T

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #492 on: March 26, 2016, 09:47:02 AM »
From the moment I heard afleck was going to be batman I cringed at the thought of this movie.
Seen it yesterday and it was excellent, one of the best of its class ever.  I still don't like afleck but he nailed it, not the best Bruce Wayne ever but still pretty darn good.  Will see it again and will buy the Blue ray for rainy days

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #493 on: March 26, 2016, 09:52:56 AM »
Did either of you tear up?

no

they tried to tig the heart strings didnt quite pull it off

i would have cried if wonder woman had bit the bullet she was smoking hot
T

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #494 on: March 26, 2016, 10:52:18 AM »
This movie is a bloated mess and a missed opportunity. 

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #495 on: March 26, 2016, 11:21:20 AM »
That is what I feel from the trailers. Doomsday should have its own film, batman v superman should be it's own film etc

This movie is a bloated mess and a missed opportunity. 

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #496 on: March 26, 2016, 01:45:10 PM »
HTEXAN: your answers to my questions 1 thru 2: the ship taught him? how would the damaged kryptonian ship (guess it wasn't damaged that badly if it could still have it's information banks?) KNOW that superman is clark kent and martha kent is his mother? how and why would that particular ship have this information? it's ONLY a history of krypton and it's history..

question 3: department of defense owns the ship? whoever owns it, this government dept. or whatever, NO ONE could bribe 1 senator or 1 official to allow him to have full access (and on his own!) to a alien ship and to get a hold of zod's body!... sorry but that's beyond ridiculous and unbelievable..

question 4: "somewhere in the indian ocean" (um, why didn't they just give the coordinates? and once again, that part of the ocean where the other damaged terraformer laid would be totally off limits to everyone, and some guy (we never find out who that whited hair guy is by the way) can show up on the beach, hire some teenage scuba divers to dive around this ship and without a shred of any u.n. or government security and lockdown off this area? come on!..

question 5: wonder woman who says she on purpose withdraws from mankind, but yet she is seen getting into a car, going to a bank and so on? really? why did she even pose for the photo in 1918 as well? regardless if something like s.h.i.e.l.d. in the avengers movie as this way of finding out information on everyone.. no such thing exists or is demonstrated to exist in the d.c. movie universe.. also, for someone supposed to be as intelligent and wise as wonder woman she once again does a LOUSY job of withdrawing from mankind regardless if she is photographed and filmed.. she STILL does things in mankind and out in public! her actions are a oxymoron to say the least....

question 6: no, it's NOT like 9/11.... 9-ll happened quickly suddenly unexpectedly to 2 side by side buildings.. people above the crash were trapped and people below the crashes either didn't have time or were told? that they could leave quickly but calmly before both buildings collapsed.. here in this movie and the scenes from "man of steel'  almost the ENTIRE CITY is under attack and his friend's in wayne building and EVERYONE are literally a block away from the ONGOING carnage going on and on for some time and they are still inside the building? come on!..
yeah, bruce needs to call his friend to remind him to get himself and everyone out of there?! really?!...

question 7: no, i think lex said you CAN'T be all powerful and good.. didnt' he say that you can't be a god and all good or be all good and be a God...
like i said the premise of the whole fight and batman's thinking make no sense whatsoever!..

question 10: so superman gets hits by some green K gas and is incapacitated, powerless literally and not able to use any of his superpowers? and literally on his back, getting his butt kicked by batman and yet he can fly with the green k spear and have enough strength to stab it into doomsday? and just moments before he grabbed it under the water this green k spear and was again flat on his back weak by it? RIDICULOUS!...

and don't even get me started on the actual silliness and unbelievability of the fight...

Simple Simon

« Reply #497 on: March 26, 2016, 02:03:22 PM »
HTEXAN: your answers to my questions 1 thru 2: the ship taught him? how would the damaged kryptonian ship (guess it wasn't damaged that badly if it could still have it's information banks?) KNOW that superman is clark kent and martha kent is his mother? how and why would that particular ship have this information? it's ONLY a history of krypton and it's history..

question 3: department of defense owns the ship? whoever owns it, this government dept. or whatever, NO ONE could bribe 1 senator or 1 official to allow him to have full access (and on his own!) to a alien ship and to get a hold of zod's body!... sorry but that's beyond ridiculous and unbelievable..

question 4: "somewhere in the indian ocean" (um, why didn't they just give the coordinates? and once again, that part of the ocean where the other damaged terraformer laid would be totally off limits to everyone, and some guy (we never find out who that whited hair guy is by the way) can show up on the beach, hire some teenage scuba divers to dive around this ship and without a shred of any u.n. or government security and lockdown off this area? come on!..

question 5: wonder woman who says she on purpose withdraws from mankind, but yet she is seen getting into a car, going to a bank and so on? really? why did she even pose for the photo in 1918 as well? regardless if something like s.h.i.e.l.d. in the avengers movie as this way of finding out information on everyone.. no such thing exists or is demonstrated to exist in the d.c. movie universe.. also, for someone supposed to be as intelligent and wise as wonder woman she once again does a LOUSY job of withdrawing from mankind regardless if she is photographed and filmed.. she STILL does things in mankind and out in public! her actions are a oxymoron to say the least....

question 6: no, it's NOT like 9/11.... 9-ll happened quickly suddenly unexpectedly to 2 side by side buildings.. people above the crash were trapped and people below the crashes either didn't have time or were told? that they could leave quickly but calmly before both buildings collapsed.. here in this movie and the scenes from "man of steel'  almost the ENTIRE CITY is under attack and his friend's in wayne building and EVERYONE are literally a block away from the ONGOING carnage going on and on for some time and they are still inside the building? come on!..
yeah, bruce needs to call his friend to remind him to get himself and everyone out of there?! really?!...

question 7: no, i think lex said you CAN'T be all powerful and good.. didnt' he say that you can't be a god and all good or be all good and be a God...
like i said the premise of the whole fight and batman's thinking make no sense whatsoever!..

question 10: so superman gets hits by some green K gas and is incapacitated, powerless literally and not able to use any of his superpowers? and literally on his back, getting his butt kicked by batman and yet he can fly with the green k spear and have enough strength to stab it into doomsday? and just moments before he grabbed it under the water this green k spear and was again flat on his back weak by it? RIDICULOUS!...

and don't even get me started on the actual silliness and unbelievability of the fight...

Lol, its a film about a man who can fly FFS.

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #498 on: March 26, 2016, 03:48:06 PM »
bethere! lol! i know, i know, i'm just saying.... the creators should have more respect, appreciation for the audience, public, comic fans..

on one hand, they want everyone to see it, everyone to be "invested" in the characters (as so many are and have been for years) and the story and possible future stories/films, and have the films set in "realistic/real/realism"  but yet, they treat the characters, the material with shoddy "make it up as you go along" development, scenes, and so on....

basically they KNOW that no matter what people will flock to these films and they'll make their money back and with some profit.. it's called "paint by numbers, cynicism, no conscience" film making... the "art" of film making has flown out the window....

at least with the silly campy over the top batman films of schumacher, they knew what they were making and didn't expect the audience to take it seriously... they DID NOT take these films seriously, but yet, the makers of this film and i suspect the future dc films WANT the audience to be invested in it and take them to heart, but they treat the material, the characters and the audience with disdain.. like i said their are so many holes in this film it's INCREDIBLE!.. and that's even for the non comic fans who can pick these holes up!....

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #499 on: March 26, 2016, 03:54:16 PM »
as i recall they did the same silly kryptonite shit in superman returns, one minute its enough to allow humans to beat the shit out of him, the next he can lift a whole continent with it embedded.
The reeve superman films he was fucked if he was around it, no moments of being incapacitated and being able to just pull through it