Author Topic: To Karl - Legitimate tough guys  (Read 18529 times)

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
Re: To Karl - Lagitimet tough guys
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2009, 07:28:54 PM »
he was defiantly Strong as shit.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2009, 07:41:35 PM »
The Nasty Boys
There are all kinds of stories about these guys tearing it up

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
Re: To Karl - Legitmet tough guys
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2009, 09:54:19 PM »
The Steiner Brother both good amateur wrestlers
Bret Hart and Jerico both talk about how Scott Steiner beat the shit out of Diamond Dallas Page back stage at WCW.  If other wrestlers had not stopped it he would have maybe killed him.

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2009, 10:01:03 PM »
Haku was a bad ass dude

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2009, 11:00:43 PM »
Haku was a bad ass dude

HE'S SOME BACK ROUND ON HAKU AND HIS CRAZY WAYS

Fifita made a name for himself outside the ring as the toughest wrestler of his era and is known for allegedly biting off noses, and knocking people out with one punch, slap, or headbutt. Even renowned hardman Bad News Brown said in interviews that Fifita was without a doubt the most vigorous. Bill Goldberg has also called him the toughest man he's been in the ring with. His one time manager, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan said in a shoot interview that Haku was "the toughest man I've ever met in my life." In 1987, Haku had a backstage fight with Jesse Barr (who wrestled at the WWF as Jimmy Jack Funk) which allegedly resulted in Fifita gouging one of Barr's eyeballs out, causing Barr to later wear a glass eye. After this fight, Fifita had a reputation that steered wrestlers away from backstage confrontations.

In the book Arn Anderson: 4 Ever, Anderson cites an event where Fifita pushed a cowboy through two sets of doors with one hand - and a conversation with The Barbarian about who was tougher. The Barbarian just shook his head when Anderson asked who would win in a fight between him and Fifita and stated "Meng's the man."

He also had an altercation with Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake after Beefcake complained to WWF management that Tonga slapped him too hard during a match. After WWF management informed Tonga, he immediately went to the locker room and grabbed Beefcake out of the shower, and began choking him, lifting him two feet off the floor. Other wrestlers were hesitant to break it up, so finally Hulk Hogan (who Tonga respected) was called in and was able to calm Tonga down.

In an interview with Alex Marvez, Fifita was asked about one of his legendary fights. Fifita stated his favourite was one that "cost him a lot of money." He was at the Baltimore Airport Hilton bar with Sivi Afi when five men started laughing at them and said, "You guys are the fake wrestlers on TV." In response Fifita replied, "I’ll just show you how fake it is," and reached over and grabbed one man while three others jumped on him. As they repeatedly punched him he knocked Three of them out and then applied the Tongan death grip one of them and then Fifita bit the nose of the man he initially grabbed and spat it out. They saw him spit out their friend's nose, and before he could fight them, they quickly evaded. Months later, he saw on the news that he was being sued $2.5 million for the incident.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2009, 11:37:32 PM »
Well, technically you could probably put Ken Shamrock in there, since he did wrestle.

He probably could have easily taken any of those guys in his early 1990's prime, another legit tough guy who took some beatings.

Albeit a gimmicky choice, cause he didn't wrestle for too long.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2009, 11:57:06 PM »
The Nasty Boys beat the shit out of Ken Shammrock one night

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2009, 12:42:07 AM »
The Nasty Boys beat the shit out of Ken Shammrock one night

I'LL FIND THAT STORY AND POST IT LATER ON TODAY

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2009, 12:51:32 AM »
Well, technically you could probably put Ken Shamrock in there, since he did wrestle.

He probably could have easily taken any of those guys in his early 1990's prime, another legit tough guy who took some beatings.

Albeit a gimmicky choice, cause he didn't wrestle for too long.

Ken Shamrock Vs. the Nasty Boys

By Frank Dusek

I wasn't in the motel when the fight happened. I was running South Atlantic Pro Wrestling at the time so it was my responsibility to find out what happened.

Ken was in bad shape and left soon after the incident to recover. He never had too much to say about the entire affair. He took one whale of a beating. His head was swollen to the point that it almost didn't look human. His entire face was a mass of purples, greens and shades of yellow.

According to the Nasty Boys, the trouble started over a girl. After a show, Ken went to the Nasty's room to "have it out" with Knobs. Knobs was in bed when Ken knocked so Saggs answered the door. According to them, when they opened the door, Shamrock burst into the room and jumped onto Knobs, beating the daylights out of him. If I remember right, Knobs did have a black eye and some swelling the next day.

It has always struck me as odd that a man as accustomed to fighting as Ken Shamrock obviously is, wouldn't take into consideration the fact that his opponent's partner might not just stand by and let his friend take a butt whipping.

According to the Nasty Boys, Saggs joined the fray and the two quickly got the better of a much smaller Ken Shamrock than the one in the WWF today.

Just like Shamrock, the Nasty Boys aren't strangers to fighting and once they got Shamrock down they smelled blood they went into a blind rage. Shamrock lost consciousness as the Nasties continued their assault on the prone Shamrock putting the boots to his head and face.

All the commotion brought out Robert Fuller who was staying in the same motel. It was Fuller and the Pit Bulldogs (Rex & Spike) that talked the Nasty Boys out of throwing the unconscious Shamrock off the balcony to the cement walk below.

I don't know if Ken Shamrock and the Nasty Boys have been on the same card since this happened, but I would hate to be in the way the first time they met.

I doubt either Ken Shamrock or the Nasty Boys have forgotten.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2009, 12:53:34 AM »
The Nasty Boys
There are all kinds of stories about these guys tearing it up

The Nasty Boys have a reputation of being very stiff with their opponents.[2] They have also been involved in several legitimate fights with other wrestlers also ribbing (pranking backstage) them:

* UFC mixed martial artist Ken Shamrock had an argument with the Nasty Boys after they harassed his friend and his friend's fiancée in a nightclub. Later that night, Shamrock went to The Nasty Boys' hotel room to continue the argument, but was hit from behind and beaten. Shamrock confronted Saggs years later in an airport, but decided not to attack him after sufficiently intimidating him.
    * The Nasty Boys fought with Ric Flair in a Manhattan nightclub, with Flair being thrown out of the club as a result.
    * In 1994, The Nasty Boys faced Cactus Jack and Maxx Payne in a series of wild brawls,[2] which Payne later described as "not far away from gladiator days".
    * In 1997, a match between The Nasty Boys and The Outsiders (Scott Hall and Kevin Nash) degenerated into a shoot. [3]
    * On Nov 20th, 2007, on their return match to Smackdown, they worked stiff with Dave Taylor (who is a seasoned veteran) and newcomer Drew McIntyre.[4]

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2009, 01:28:18 AM »
he was defiantly Strong as shit.

In 1983 then WWF wrestlers, olympian strongman ken patera, and masa saito tried to persuade staff at a mcdonalds in Waukesha, Wisconsin to reopen and serve them after the fastfood restaurant had closed for the night.
Employees refused to open up for the hungry pair.... so an irate patera, a former olympic weightlifter had no trouble picking up a large rock and hurling it through the restaurant window. The pair didn't hang about and immediately scarpered before the police could arrive at the scene.
The rozzers did manage to track the wrestlers down back at their hotel room.... and this is where the real fun and games began!
The two grapplers had a huge brawl with the cops, in which a female officer suffered a broken leg, and nine further officers were injured.
Whilst the pair were convicted on separate counts of battery in june 1985, Patera was also found guilty of stoning the window of the Ronald Mcdonald eating hole.
Both men were sentenced to 2 years in the slammer.
Despite the scandal vince gave Patera another run in the WWF in 1987 once he'd served hard time.

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2009, 09:02:06 AM »

I bet this guy has been a smart ass all his life. I'm sure he's had his fair share of altercations.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2009, 10:17:21 AM »

I bet this guy has been a smart ass all his life. I'm sure he's had his fair share of altercations.

If I remember correctly, he was kicked out of the forces, and has been suspended by the WWE for sexually harassing the Diva's.   ;D

He's probably one of the most natural heels ever.

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2009, 10:19:55 AM »
Legit tough guys not mentioned yet:

Rick Rude( knocked Ultimated Warrior cold w/1 shot).
Paul Orndorff, ask Vader or Tony Atlas
Perry Saturn
Chris Beniot
Rick Steiner (hands down the tougher of the brothers)
Wahoo McDaniels
Steve Blackman
Scott Norton
Hawk of the Road Warriors
Greg "The Hammer" Valentine                     

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2009, 10:42:11 AM »
Brock Lesnar

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2009, 11:13:20 AM »

Perry Saturn
Chris Beniot
Wahoo McDaniels
Steve Blackman
Scott Norton
Just from watching him in the ring. His intensity. You could tell Benoit was as tough as nails.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2009, 01:33:50 PM »
hey find some stories about them and post them, their fun read

Perry Saturn
Chris Beniot
Wahoo McDaniels
Steve Blackman
Scott Norton

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2009, 03:50:27 PM »
nice post wolfgang

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2009, 04:51:48 PM »
Brock Lesnar

Kurt Angle, Lou Theze, & Bruno was said to be very hard to handle

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2009, 04:56:10 PM »
Lou Thesz

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2009, 05:06:00 PM »
                                                Dick The Bruiser

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2009, 07:45:41 PM »

What about Vince?

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2009, 09:07:46 PM »

What about Vince?

I met Vince in 86 & I swear he was bigger & in better shape than 98% of the wrestlers. I couldn't believe how wide he was. Heard he could handle himself pretty well too.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2009, 05:59:27 PM »

I met Vince in 86 & I swear he was bigger & in better shape than 98% of the wrestlers. I couldn't believe how wide he was. Heard he could handle himself pretty well too.

Vince has always been in good shape and even while he was at ECU
D

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2009, 06:51:07 PM »
how much roids do you think Vince has done over the years.
DAWG