Author Topic: has anybody from your family or your friends ever served in the war?  (Read 2225 times)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
Re: has anybody from your family or your friends ever served in the war?
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2007, 09:56:33 AM »
hey guys tell me those war stories that your friends and family members told you...i really like that stuff

They don't ever talk about it.  It was nasty.  They won't say.
xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2007, 10:01:02 AM »
I met tons of pacificists who'd ran up north when I lived in Canada. 
They didn't stop talking about it.

xL

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2007, 11:45:14 AM »
my uncles did, and so did my dad. (vietnam and korean wars). i think my grandfather did too. (world war 2). my friend sam was in iraqu  in 2004. i just saw him this past week. he's home now. but could go back at any time if they call him to.    :'(

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2007, 09:29:22 PM »
I would think my one uncle did.  He graduated from the Naval Academy.  Don't you serve time after that or something.  He probably graduated in the early 50's.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2007, 10:11:58 PM »
My dads uncle was captured by the nazi's and put into a prison camp. They fed him snow and potatoe skins. He never liked to talk about it much, my old man said he was never the same after he got out.

My mums grandfather was a soldier in WW2, I remember him telling me a story where he was on the beach and a navy ship of somesort fired a torpedo and it pulled up right along side him but didnt explode. The thing was a matter of metres from where he was stationed.

My great grandmother when they use to live in Italy and were very poor, they had 4 nazi soldiers come to their house my grandmother was just a baby. The 4 soldiers took my grandmother and brought her near the fireplace where they all surrounded her. My greatgrandmother thought they were going to throw her into the fire. Turns out they left gave her back, when my great grandmother when to unrap the baby to see if they did anything to her they had stuffed gold and jewllery under the blankets aswell as bread.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2007, 04:49:19 AM »
My step dad was in Vietnam though he never really talks about anything (horrible grusome shit went on)other then his bootcamp and other on camp experiances. Although he did tell me the day before my 21st b-day to enjoy it cause his was spent laying in a rice pattie during an all day rain storm. His dad was in WW2 and we still ocassional shoot a 9mm pistol he had taken from a dead German soldier who stole it from a dead Polish soldier.

In my blood family I my pop-pop and his older brother were in the Army and Nazy but only his brother went to war which was out in the pacific. From the few stories I remember were about his ship getting kamikazed and shit, he was only 17 when he joined too.
I

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2007, 09:03:48 AM »
My cousin who was aircrew and shot down over France ended up in a Luft Stalag that housed Russians as well. When the Allied prisoners acted up they sent in the dogs..when they did the same when the Russians acted up, they (Russians) ate the dogs so they had to stop.
L

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2007, 04:23:57 PM »
My dads uncle was captured by the nazi's and put into a prison camp. They fed him snow and potatoe skins. He never liked to talk about it much, my old man said he was never the same after he got out.

My mums grandfather was a soldier in WW2, I remember him telling me a story where he was on the beach and a navy ship of somesort fired a torpedo and it pulled up right along side him but didnt explode. The thing was a matter of metres from where he was stationed.

My great grandmother when they use to live in Italy and were very poor, they had 4 nazi soldiers come to their house my grandmother was just a baby. The 4 soldiers took my grandmother and brought her near the fireplace where they all surrounded her. My greatgrandmother thought they were going to throw her into the fire. Turns out they left gave her back, when my great grandmother when to unrap the baby to see if they did anything to her they had stuffed gold and jewllery under the blankets aswell as bread.

Forgive me if I'm not up to date on my war history but why did the Nazis help your grandmother and family?

PhoenixRising

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2007, 09:58:59 PM »
My father, US Army, was in Vietnam and my brother, Major in the Army, is finishing up his second tour in Iraq.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2007, 06:03:01 AM »
Forgive me if I'm not up to date on my war history but why did the Nazis help your grandmother and family?

They felt sorry for her because she was extremely poor from what im told.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2007, 02:28:35 PM »
one of my great ghreat uncles or great granbdfathers was an engineer and has a bridge named after him over i think the largest river in india.  had great uncles in ww1 in favct lots of relatives