Author Topic: Lee Priest - Robin Chang has cancelled his stuff  (Read 40657 times)

Santa Claus

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Lee Priest - Robin Chang has cancelled his stuff
« Reply #350 on: August 23, 2006, 07:59:20 AM »

7. Valuables should be the respnsibility of the individual. I've had lenses stolen while in the pit. My fault. Can't blame anyone else, except the C$%Ts who stole them.

It will be interesting to see if some of the competitors take notice to this, and does their posing routine wearing backpacks or fanny packs full of valuables. As far as I heard, it's not always they allow assistants backstage.

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #351 on: August 23, 2006, 08:13:47 AM »
wow all this Lee Priest signed here, he's competing there, he's getting blowjobs in another city, he's taking a shit in public restrooms.

All we all wanna do is get into Lee's business, i'd say LEAVE THE GUY BE aka LET HIM LIVE

::)
#

warrior_code

• Getbig III
« Reply #352 on: August 23, 2006, 08:19:29 AM »
all this is designed to get your mind off the war

gatrainer

• Getbig III
« Reply #353 on: August 23, 2006, 08:34:02 AM »
wow all this Lee Priest signed here, he's competing there, he's getting        s in another city, he's taking a shit in public restrooms.

All we all wanna do is get into Lee's business, i'd say LEAVE THE GUY BE aka LET HIM LIVE

::)
I see what you are saving Big N, but Lee is the one who brings all his issues on a Gossip and Opinions board

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #354 on: August 23, 2006, 09:26:26 AM »

The contracts may be different years...but the fact remains the same: The ticket was not used for the reason it was bought...it rightfullly stays with the person who purchased it (Robin Chang) to do what he wanted with it....he opted to save it for THIS year.

The 2006 contract states they will supply airfare...they did. Lee used it for something else.

Basic law 101 people....

Your understanding of basic law is marginal at best.
this is very simple
there is no connection between the 2005 contract and the 2006 contract

Lee violated the 2005 contract by bailing on the show. He offered to pay, but it was declined
Robin Chang violated the 2006 contract by refusing to provide airfare

Chick is there some fine print in the 2006 contract that states "if you had a contract the previous year and did not use your airfare, then that will be used in place of the promoter providing airfare"???

If not, then you are blowing a bunch of hot air trying to hide your company's disgust for Lee Priest.

Bob this is a classic case of a conflict of interest.
AMI vs. IFBB pro

Gee I wonder who Bob is going to side with??

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #355 on: August 23, 2006, 09:33:31 AM »
...and as usual, you have no idea what your talking about...you armchair QB's kill me....

Lee offered to Jim Manion to pay something back(alledgedly)...Jim has NOTHING to do with it.
 N O T H I N G.

Robin Chang is the promoter, Robin Chang purchased the ticket, Robin Chang is due the refund.

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #356 on: August 23, 2006, 09:52:00 AM »
This is along the same vein you dogged Lee about the NOC DVD Sales with...

Bob please answer the questions
(Maybe I should get 240 to post these, you seem to have a need to answer all his posts and put the "Internet Loser" in his place.)

So again....

Bob,
I have to question you about your stance with Lee.  Hopefully you can set me straight about a few things.

You have stated that Lee is a one man show and that is why you cannot support his cause to the brass.  You have also stated that you require a majority of the membership to take action (This might not be an accurate paraphrase).

My question is;
The proposals that you got passed for the benefit of the Athletes, which nobody can deny are not a benefit.  How did you achieve the majority of the membership vote before you presented them to the brass?  Also, with the lack of support shown at your meeting by the athletes, how did you achieve your required majority of voices to present the propals that you are going to present this year?

Depending on what side of the fence you are standing on, Lee's stance could be a benefit for the athlete's as well.  Do you decide on personal reasoning which items are worthy and need to be addressed?
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #357 on: August 23, 2006, 10:03:43 AM »
This is along the same vein you dogged Lee about the NOC DVD Sales with...

Bob please answer the questions
(Maybe I should get 240 to post these, you seem to have a need to answer all his posts and put the "Internet Loser" in his place.)

So again....

Bob,
I have to question you about your stance with Lee.  Hopefully you can set me straight about a few things.

You have stated that Lee is a one man show and that is why you cannot support his cause to the brass.  You have also stated that you require a majority of the membership to take action (This might not be an accurate paraphrase).

My question is;
The proposals that you got passed for the benefit of the Athletes, which nobody can deny are not a benefit.  How did you achieve the majority of the membership vote before you presented them to the brass?  Also, with the lack of support shown at your meeting by the athletes, how did you achieve your required majority of voices to present the propals that you are going to present this year?

Depending on what side of the fence you are standing on, Lee's stance could be a benefit for the athlete's as well.  Do you decide on personal reasoning which items are worthy and need to be addressed?

This is really quite simple..

I put together proposals on what I feel best serves the athletes as a whole, based on my personal opinion, observations, and input from the other athletes.

I don't put out a vote on every single proposal to be submitted, as it's not necessary.

A simple show of hand at the meeting is sufficient for me to know what the majority of the athletes attending agree or disagree with...

If athletes are interested in having a say in these matters, than they can attend the meeting...If they don't (which seems to be the case), then I will continue to use my own judgement to get items passed and make positve change for the betterment of the IFBB athletes.

In the case of challenging the rule of competing in non-sanctioned shows...No one else has expressed any interest in it, I don't see a need to challenge it, either...If one of the other reps wish to submit it...thats their right.

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #358 on: August 23, 2006, 10:25:43 AM »
Well stated!

Thank you.

I reread my post , I didn't mean to come off as a bitch.
Sorry if I offended.

Just Bad Bad Blood!

Atomicmike

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #359 on: August 23, 2006, 10:38:34 AM »
Bodybuilding is no different than any other sport apart from the amount of money they earn. It's still beneficial for the athlete to promote the show. Golf is televised around the world but Tiger Woods does not get paid directly by the TV company. It comes by way of prize money which is huge becuase of the amount of sponsorships available.

Don't you think that's one of the major problems with the sport in the first place?  The money earned and the endorsement deals?  How sad is it when a person who places 20th in a major golf tournament can earn roughly 75 to a hundred thousand while a major show like the Olympia pays peanuts to those who place out of the top five?  Yes, of couse it's the sponserships etc.  But damn, you'd figure after all the years of having these shows they'd get some really big sponsers. The IFBB needs to replace their marketing execs.  They sure aren't doing their jobs. Even after 20 years they should have been hooked up with Nike, Addidas, Gatorade, etc.  If anything all the athletes could be wearing Nike clothing and shoes and getting paid for it. By the way don't football teams get paid by the Network that airs Monday Night Football?  The athletes do make money off of that.

And then we have this whole bickering over an airline ticket worth what? $500? Sure they can't let Lee getaway with it it was a contract etc.  But wow couldn't they write it off as a loss at the end of the year?  I'm sure all of that is factored in.

By the way this whole thread seems like the most excitement in bodybuilding at the moment.  It's like one big bad made for tv movie called "The Ticket".  You gotta keep watching to see if it gets better even though you know it wont.

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #360 on: August 23, 2006, 10:47:26 AM »
Until the American Government loses its hard on with Steroids, not one mainstream organization will have anything high profile to do with Body Building.  No major corporation is willing to have their name associated with steroids in the spotlight.

Also body building has about 1 millionth of the mass market appeal as Golf.  The average fat American can't relate, so there is no money to be made. 

it is like the CFL and NFL.  I think the NFL league minimum is higher then the salary cap for the CFL.
The NFL has a larger and more marketable audience then the CFL could ever dream for, thus the athletes reap said benefits.
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Atomicmike

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #361 on: August 23, 2006, 10:56:31 AM »
Until the American Government loses its hard on with Steroids, not one mainstream organization will have anything high profile to do with Body Building.  No major corporation is willing to have their name associated with steroids in the spotlight.

Also body building has about 1 millionth of the mass market appeal as Golf.  The average fat American can't relate, so there is no money to be made. 

it is like the CFL and NFL.  I think the NFL league minimum is higher then the salary cap for the CFL.
The NFL has a larger and more marketable audience then the CFL could ever dream for, thus the athletes reap said benefits.

All so sad but true.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #362 on: August 23, 2006, 11:42:53 AM »
Lee be careful they may still be able to impose these penaltiees.  Maybe Adam Empire knows.

Some are saying the ticket and hotel room havenot been cancelled.  But if they haven't why would Marc have started this thread.

Ticket yes
hotel no.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #363 on: August 23, 2006, 11:45:25 AM »
I see what you are saving Big N, but Lee is the one who brings all his issues on a Gossip and Opinions board

Shit i make this sport fun.What do you want to talk about drugs and training all the time.Lets talk about the other pros who have a personality of a wet blanket and are to afraid to say shit.BORING BORING.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #364 on: August 23, 2006, 11:52:27 AM »

I put together proposals on what I feel best serves the athletes as a whole, based on my personal opinion, observations, and input from the other athletes.

I don't put out a vote on every single proposal to be submitted, as it's not necessary.

A simple show of hand at the meeting is sufficient for me to know what the majority of the athletes attending agree or disagree with...

If athletes are interested in having a say in these matters, than they can attend the meeting...If they don't (which seems to be the case), then I will continue to use my own judgement to get items passed and make positve change for the betterment of the IFBB athletes.

In the case of challenging the rule of competing in non-sanctioned shows...No one else has expressed any interest in it, I don't see a need to challenge it, either...If one of the other reps wish to submit it...thats their right.

YOUR OWN JUDGEMENT=AMI-IFBB.Bob ok you tried you need to step down and give the job to somebody not being paid by AMI.What dose you contract say about bad mouthing or being negative against the compay you work for.All the contracts i have had some sort of cluase say you can't say anything bad.So how can you be partial to any cause you work for them.Resign  your position it's best for all :)

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #365 on: August 23, 2006, 11:54:43 AM »

Yea I agree to an extend...Jay and Ronnie are as borning as watching fingernails grow.

If anyone makes things interesting in this industry its Titus. Lee...you're edgy though man...with the occasional dyed hair black or blue with the middle finger sticking up to the camera...wow...brutal rebellion on the edge and brinks of society.
?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #366 on: August 23, 2006, 12:01:46 PM »

I think this issue is way blown out of proportion, and that it seems a few people have no idea how contracts work.  Anyone who has any kind of experience/education/understanding of contracts knows that what is on paper, and what "should be done in real life" are far and away, two different things.  Anyway, it's two different years- 2005 and 2006.  Anyone who cannot understand that really isn't worthy of an argument. 

You can't reason with a person who has reached their beliefs without using reason.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #367 on: August 23, 2006, 12:05:09 PM »
1. This has already been explained by Chic. The IFBB guarantee the prize money.  Where is that on the contract I missed it.  Or is this something the IFBB just tells everyone.

2. The athletes have rooms at the host hotel.  But if they cose to stay at another hotel or maybeat a friends house do they get the cash equivalent paid to them directly.  I mean you can't force them to stay there

3. You could put a clause in that the athlete is required to go by supplied transportation. You'd then argue that this restricts the athletes choice ;D  Okay, is that in there ???

4. What "minimal provisions" ? To many to list, but I have listed a few already.
5. See "4"
6. Athletes in all sports are expected to promote the event. Be specific about "illegal use" of an image? as you're a little vague. If I take a photo of an athlete on stage, I own the copyright. If it is used by a magazine without my permission I would sue. If the image was used to promote a supplement, then the athlete would sue.  But athletes who promote the show are paid (in other sports).  There is no guaranteed payment for the guys right now.  And unless the competitor signs a release you are not allowed to use their image or you will be sued.  Who protects them from usage of their likeness without permission.  And if done, does the IFBB pay for the legal fees.  

7. Valuables should be the respnsibility of the individual. I've had lenses stolen while in the pit. My fault. Can't blame anyone else, except the C$%Ts who stole them.  When a competitor is backstage at an event of world recoginition you would think at least the promoter would have security to insure against theft.  If something was to get stolen then it would be the burden of the promoter to show the court they provided ample security and did everything they could to guard againt theft.  I wouldn't feel good if I had to worry about my gymbag with cellphone and wallet in it.  Obviously you can't guarantee anything but you can do everything in yourpower to prevent it

8. Always have a spare cd of music available. How would you determine blame?

9. I'm sure the per diem was written somewhere? When do they get paid?  I don't know but that should be stipulated or the promoter could pay them in 6 months

10. What would consider a fair amount of time? 30 days? 60 days? or 90 days like a lot of the publishing world? Would you expect to establish who was at fault if there was problem with the check? If the bank was to blame, you'd get the compensation from them.  I have no idea what I am saying is that it should be included in the contract or the promoter has free reign on when to pay them

11. What sport includes this? So Ronnie would be paid for a full years expenses, while someone who qualifies at the last show would get 4-6 weeks?  Ronnie doesn't prepare for the Olympia all year round.  Why would you say this.  He is fat and sloppy the majority of the year.  

12. Limo's would be nice. Yes

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #368 on: August 23, 2006, 12:11:15 PM »
Bodybuilding is no different than any other sport apart from the amount of money they earn. It's still beneficial for the athlete to promote the show. Golf is televised around the world but Tiger Woods does not get paid directly by the TV company. It comes by way of prize money which is huge becuase of the amount of sponsorships available.

No you are wrong.  Tiger gets paid by the tournament itself to play in their event.  If hetakes last place he is still getting upwards of $1 million just to show up.  The promoter is able to use his likeness and promote the fact Tiger will be playing at their event.  This happens at allot of events. Notthemajors obviously but the other events yes.  Same thing in Tennis and other major individual sports.  Anna Kornikova too got as much as $1 million to show up.  These names bring in live audience numbers, sponosrhip dollars and TV dollars.  It is beneficial for the athlete to promote the showthey are in but they should get paid, especially since what they are doing is putting money in the IFBB and promoters pockets not theirs.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #369 on: August 23, 2006, 12:25:11 PM »

I put together proposals on what I feel best serves the athletes as a whole, based on my personal opinion, observations, and input from the other athletes.  This is the problem.  WHat make you think you know what best serves the athletes.  Because you have competed for so many years.  That may give you some insight but not all.  It's obvious by the way you handle things.  You do not knowwhat you are doing flat and simple.  And can't you see the majority of people on here and other boards and in real life don't think so too.  Your personal opinion is NOT your personal opinion.  It is what AMI and the IFBB tells you it is.  You do exactly what your boss tells you.  That is the only reason you have that position.  It's not that no one wanted it, it is because they could not find anyone else who would act as their puppet and do exactly what they told you to do.  You got your one Pro win out of it.  Now resign.  Did they promise you another win.  The one they gave you is so controversial only a few take it as real.  And you have said numerous times the athletes aren't giving you anything.  Now you say input from other athletes. Manion, Weider are not athletes.

I don't put out a vote on every single proposal to be submitted, as it's not necessary. WHo decideds it's not necessary.  You, Manion or Weider.  Every issue that effects the members is obligated to be voted on.  WHo gave you the power to change or ad issues that effect many others. Oh sorry I forgot Manion and Weider.  I can't believe you actually put this in writing.  I am sure the other members love the fact that now one of their own ismaking decisions on their carreers without asking.  Good job.

A simple show of hand at the meeting is sufficient for me to know what the majority of the athletes attending agree or disagree with...  Only 3 people show up.  WHat does this tell you about your leadership skills.  Get out while you still can.  I highly doubt you can convince the suits to give you another win.

If athletes are interested in having a say in these matters, than they can attend the meeting...If they don't (which seems to be the case), then I will continue to use my own judgement to get items passed and make positve change for the betterment of the IFBB athletes.  Okay, you are blind.  You are hopelessly infected.

In the case of challenging the rule of competing in non-sanctioned shows...No one else has expressed any interest in it, I don't see a need to challenge it, either...If one of the other reps wish to submit it...thats their right.  Sure wouldn't want you to fight for something good for the members.  Way to take a stand.  You are the type of rep I am sure everyone would want.  Give it up already.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #370 on: August 23, 2006, 12:28:36 PM »
This thread is still going on. Like I said Lee likes the attention he is getting. Just dont respond to this thread and let it rest already. This is Lees problem , not ours.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #371 on: August 23, 2006, 12:39:16 PM »

Ok - solution

Lee pays last years personal use ticket for $423.00
AMI pays this years ticket of $423 for his flight
AMI pays this years hotel room.

Or...

Lee pays this years ticket of $423 for his flight
AMI pays this years hotel room

Simple as that...

This reminds me of a fraternity meeting - six hours to come up with a simple solution that everybody will say it not that simple.

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #372 on: August 23, 2006, 12:44:59 PM »
This reminds me of a fraternity meeting - six hours to come up with a simple solution that everybody will say it not that simple.

You having a mid-life crisis dear?
This is like the "Nth" time you have brought up tho Olde Frat days.  ;D
Just Bad Bad Blood!

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #373 on: August 23, 2006, 12:46:02 PM »
You having a mid-life crisis dear?
This is like the "Nth" time you have brought up tho Olde Frat days.  ;D

Go watch Lifetime or bake all the men on getbig some cookies. Run along now

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #374 on: August 23, 2006, 12:51:28 PM »
Go watch Lifetime or bake all the men on getbig some cookies. Run along now

Sounds like a plan...
When you become a man I will let you have a cookie as well.
Just Bad Bad Blood!