Author Topic: Lee Priest - Robin Chang has cancelled his stuff  (Read 40761 times)

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
Re: Lee Priest - Robin Chang has cancelled his stuff
« Reply #125 on: August 22, 2006, 08:51:07 AM »
That rule is applied to the promoters.
What's in question is if they should purchase him another one IF he owes them for one previously issued.

The promoter is breaking an IFBB rule.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #126 on: August 22, 2006, 08:51:31 AM »
its a travesty

is what it is

oh

How come we didnt train when you were in perth Marc?

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #127 on: August 22, 2006, 08:51:47 AM »
Bob,

Usually I agree with your posts/comments, but it does sound like Lee at least has a case for examining this further.

1. He states that last year he did not have a binding contract (they didn't sign)
2. He offered to pay back his tickets for last year and was declined and told simply to write an apology letter
3. This year he has a signed (and thus binding) contract for airfare, accomodations, etc.
4. No where in the IFBB rules, nor in the contract of this year does it state that the airfare offered to qualified athletes can be revoked for past disputes/transgressions.

I think all those points of his are enough for you to take up the case and hear both sides of the story in a mediated fashion. If Lee is right on all those counts then in fact, they DO owe him the tickets this year. Should he not have used the tickets even if they told him not to worry about paying them back? No, but it's not against any rules or contract or grounds for taking his airfare this year (assuming he's right about the 4 points above)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #128 on: August 22, 2006, 08:54:28 AM »
A few reflections, and they mean jack shit IMO...

As an IFBB Athlete's Rep, Cicherillo should pay no attention to the fans.

Absolutely no attention at all to whatever we write on Getbig, or on other forums, or in other media. His only agenda is that of the pro BB's.

No matter what we think of that.

Handling the fans is another matter. Of course Cicherillo needs to handle the fans courteous and shit. But again, others should push the agendas of the fans.

Cicherillo could probably help Priest with how to deal with AMI and the IFBB in general, just giving some much needed input and brainstorming. I think (but my opinion matters jack shit IMO) that Lee needs to sort shit out with the help of Cicherillo. And not over the internet, mind you.

And do this well before the two contests.

This shit isn't about internet IMO.

That Robin character seems to know jack shit about PR. This seems to be Lee's fault. Doesn't matter, you want stuff like this to be handled smoothly and without bumps.

Robin Givens - had the looks. Evidently not the smarts.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #129 on: August 22, 2006, 08:58:18 AM »
The promoter is breaking an IFBB rule.

Not if they didn't agree to Lee changing the ticket for his own trip. That ticket was supplied to compete at the 2005 Olympia and could have been used for the 2006. So a ticket has been issued as per the Olympia rules.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #130 on: August 22, 2006, 09:02:15 AM »
GUYS...

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill...

Let's not start reciting language of contracts and such.

I know Lee likes to spout off about the rules being followed and such...but lets not forget, he wasn't fined OR suspended despite breaking the Olympia contract last year.

Yes, he had to simply write a letter of apology, which he did...the "ticket matter" wasn't even thought of until Robin went to use the credit THIS year. You think with the Olympia prep and aftermath last year, that the first thing on Robins mind was a lousy $400 ticket?

The issue is overblown...Lee's company (Twinlab) will cover the flight anyway, I believe the hotel rsvp is still there as usual.

If there is anything Lee requests of me, he can simply pick up the phone or email me...

gatrainer

• Getbig III
« Reply #131 on: August 22, 2006, 09:03:52 AM »
that Lee needs to sort shit out with the help of Cicherillo. And not over the internet, mind you.

YIP
Zack
Well said HH. How can Lee expect to be taken serious when he does his negotiating on the Gossip and Opinions board.  It appears that he just wants to whine

gatrainer

• Getbig III
« Reply #132 on: August 22, 2006, 09:05:53 AM »

Why would Lee start now Chick?

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #133 on: August 22, 2006, 09:07:18 AM »
2. He offered to pay back his tickets for last year and was declined and told simply to write an apology letter

2. That would depend on who he asked. In a previous post he mentions "Jim", if we assume that to be Jim Manion then does he have the authority to decline money on the promoters behalf?

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #134 on: August 22, 2006, 09:07:56 AM »
GUYS...

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill...

Let's not start reciting language of contracts and such.

I know Lee likes to spout off about the rules being followed and such...but lets not forget, he wasn't fined OR suspended despite breaking the Olympia contract last year.

Yes, he had to simply write a letter of apology, which he did...the "ticket matter" wasn't even thought of until Robin went to use the credit THIS year.
You think with the Olympia prep and aftermath last year, that the first thing on Robins mind was a lousy $400 ticket?

The issue is overblown...Lee's company (Twinlab) will cover the flight anyway, I believe the hotel rsvp is still there as usual.

If there is anything Lee requests of me, he can simply pick up the phone or email me...

So it has to be by phone? I mean seriously, unless this internet drama is meant to generate interest in the sport (which it has so if this is true, well done), but, it looks as though you do not have his interests in mind, but, rather those of the IFBB.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: August 22, 2006, 09:12:56 AM »

Why would he start now Chick?

Why would he start now? Why didn't he start LAST week??

Why put it on here at all, where it can do nothing to get the problem resolved?

ONE simple phone call would have resulted in ANOTHER simple phone call from me to Robin Chang...this is not a public matter.

Involving 100 anonymous people will accomplish nothing, involving the ONE guy who could resolve the situation would have been the way to go.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: August 22, 2006, 09:19:30 AM »
But it's flattering that Lee used the ticket for personal use instead of the Olympia?

No matter how you slice it...why should Robin have to buy ANOTHER ticket for Lee?

As I stated earlier in this thread, ultimately...they would be exchanging $20 bills.

How is it that Robin is the bad guy? Was he supposed to buy a ticket for Lee and whoever to go on vacation?

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #137 on: August 22, 2006, 09:21:53 AM »
But it's flattering that Lee used the ticket for personal use instead of the Olympia?

No matter how you slice it...why should Robin have to buy ANOTHER ticket for Lee?

As I stated earlier in this thread, ultimately...they would be exchanging $20 bills.

How is it that Robin is the bad guy? Was he supposed to buy a ticket for Lee and whoever to go on vacation?

Are you the athlete's rep? Is that your title?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: August 22, 2006, 09:30:26 AM »
Yeah...whats your point?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2006, 09:30:38 AM »
Marc,

Did Lee go to Bob with this BEFORE you decided to post it here?

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #140 on: August 22, 2006, 09:34:43 AM »
i love how its "Robin buying Lee the $400 ticket" and not the 100+ million dollar company he works for  ::)

i sure hope robins kids dont go hungry because of this hardship  :'(
its comin today

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #141 on: August 22, 2006, 09:38:30 AM »

1. He states that last year he did not have a binding contract (they didn't sign)
3. This year he has a signed (and thus binding) contract for airfare, accomodations, etc.
4. No where in the IFBB rules, nor in the contract of this year does it state that the airfare offered to qualified athletes can be revoked for past disputes/transgressions.

I think all those points of his are enough for you to take up the case and hear both sides of the story in a mediated fashion. If Lee is right on all those counts then in fact, they DO owe him the tickets this year. Should he not have used the tickets even if they told him not to worry about paying them back? No, but it's not against any rules or contract or grounds for taking his airfare this year (assuming he's right about the 4 points above)

It looks like AMI screwed up last year and bought a non-refundable ticket for someone not contracted with.  AMI screwed up there.

This year there is a contract and it is not being held to.  This is why Robin looks bad. 
Motherboy (the band).

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2006, 09:41:20 AM »
There WAS a contract last year...Lee broke it, remember?

Few people ever bail out of the Olympia for anything other than a medical excuse...the contract was signed, the flight was booked...simple.

Linnykins

• Getbig I
« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2006, 09:45:34 AM »
Simply put, AMI made a mistake.  They were not clear with Lee about what he should do about the ticket.  They did not stay on top of their finances by keeping track of the credit.  This should have been resolved quietly months ago.

240 & Original Sin are right, AMI needs to write this off and be done with it.  It is not worth the bad PR, even though personally it sounds to me like Lee should reimburse them for the ticket(s).  In the grand scheme of things, it's not worth it.  It's their fault for not being clear.  Mistakes like these are exactly why companies write off a certain percentage of their revenue every year to bad debt.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #144 on: August 22, 2006, 09:46:15 AM »
Lee good luck in your PDI show dawg, you should take first place. That would be a good way to end the year.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #145 on: August 22, 2006, 09:47:03 AM »
Simply put, AMI made a mistake.  They were not clear with Lee about what he should do about the ticket.  They did not stay on top of their finances by keeping track of the credit.  This should have been resolved quietly months ago.

240 & Original Sin are right, AMI needs to write this off and be done with it.  It is not worth the bad PR, even though personally it sounds to me like Lee should reimburse them for the ticket(s).  In the grand scheme of things, it's not worth it.  It's their fault for not being clear.  Mistakes like these are exactly why companies write off a certain percentage of their revenue every year to bad debt.

no you are wrong, go back and read chick and ron statement

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #146 on: August 22, 2006, 09:52:10 AM »

Few people ever bail out of the Olympia for anything other than a medical excuse...the contract was signed, the flight was booked...simple.

How did he break the unsigned contract last year? 

Yes cause i sent it to them after i signed it and they sent it back both copies my fax and original unsigned.That is why i also decided to pull out last year as i have said before it was usigned.But this years copy is signed by both.

This year both parties signed.  Different situation.
Motherboy (the band).

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #147 on: August 22, 2006, 09:53:47 AM »

You OFFICIALY need to charge your position the IFBB Athlete's Liason.  I have strongly supported you, because I feel you were right most of the time, but I won't do it blindly.  You come on here and defend AMI without even talking to either party first.  Basically you just picked a side and surprise surprise it is one opposing Lee.  I don't think you can be objective anymore in any matter concerning Lee. 

Lee did screw AMI, TWICE in fact, Three times if you count the baseless attack on Robin. 
But you should have talked to Lee and Robin prior to coming on here and giving the official party line.  >:(

Robin could have at least faxed Lee and told him of the cancellation and why, maybe he did but guess what you didn't ask Lee to find out.  We all know he has a fax machine because how else did he get his PDI card.
Just Bad Bad Blood!

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #148 on: August 22, 2006, 09:55:13 AM »
You OFFICIALY need to charge your position the IFBB Athlete's Liason.  I have strongly supported you, because I feel you were right most of the time, but I won't do it blindly.  You come on here and defend AMI without even talking to either party first.  Basically you just picked a side and surprise surprise it is one opposing Lee.  I don't think you can be objective anymore in any matter concerning Lee. 

Lee did screw AMI, TWICE in fact, Three times if you count the baseless attack on Robin. 
But you should have talked to Lee and Robin prior to coming on here and giving the official party line.  >:(

Robin could have at least faxed Lee and told him of the cancellation and why, maybe he did but guess what you didn't ask Lee to find out.  We all know he has a fax machine because how else did he get his PDI card.

Do you read at all?

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #149 on: August 22, 2006, 09:58:16 AM »
Do you read at all?

Obviously you don't

Lee stated Bob (the IFBB Liason) NEVER talked to him.

Now take a DEEP BREATH and shove your head back up your ass.
Just Bad Bad Blood!