Author Topic: Cowboys from hell  (Read 3369 times)

The Master

• Getbig V
Cowboys from hell
« on: April 05, 2008, 06:24:01 AM »

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Cowboys from hell
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 07:01:40 AM »

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
  • "Let me pose on this one" - REV. X
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 07:05:24 AM »
Spirit of Truth

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 07:10:33 AM »
PIP Dimebag.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 07:11:23 AM »
Panterrible stole Exhorder's sound.
And, the fact is that while Exhorder were fuckin shit up in 1985 with their onslaught of hate and violence, Pantera were sniffing hairspray fumes and learning how to correctly apply their eyeliner while putting out glam metal albums like "I Am The Night" and "Power Metal".

vinnyvee

• Getbig IV
  • Dorian never bitched, he just shut em up!
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 10:26:05 AM »
Any truth to the old rumour that Pantera's members were also SHARPS (skin heads against racial prejiduce)?
Maybe Vinny and Dime but not Phil or even Rex for that matter....in my opinion is all.

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 10:37:07 AM »
There has been many a debate about Pantera stealing other bands sounds...Meshugga (spelling), Metallica, ect... but if you listened to any or their albums youll see that they pregressed heavier and heavier from one album to the next...I believe they have their own sound

But my favorite albums has got to be Far Beyond Driven and Vulgar Display of Power.

I believe that they had great influences that created their "power metal"/"power groove" sound...Metallica, Sabbath, ect

And if they say that there are many bands that stole Pantera's sounds, I find that not the case....they are just heavily influenced by Pantera- ie Killswitch Engage, Avenged Sevenfold, Atreyu, ect...

But one thing is for certain...there will never be another Diamond Darrell (Dimebag) or Phil Anselmo ever...there will never again be another Pantera...

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 10:45:50 AM »
vinnyvee  said
Any truth to the old rumour that Pantera's members were also SHARPS (skin heads against racial prejiduce)?
Maybe Vinny and Dime but not Phil or even Rex for that matter....in my opinion is all.

I dont believe any of the members were SHARPS...

I dont care what people say...none of the members of pantera are racists..they love their fans.

Phil did speak out in a Toronto (I believe it was in Toronto) concert and said certain things...which was very truthful ...he was just talking about reverse racism...Black rappers can make fun of white people but they dont even care for people...they care about just making money and you have the youth dressing all ghetto and talking like thug... he was just saying that it was all fake

Phil isnt a racist..I know because I have met him and he treated me with respect.

What Phil did say is if a man presented himself as a gentleman, not matter what color..he would treat any man with respect regardless....

But when Phil was heavily drugged out he wasnt thinking straight...

But songs that stood against racism by Pantera:
No Good (Attack the Radical) and Rise... Phil wrote this 

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 11:52:52 AM »
Even their glam albums dating back to their first in 1983, was great. Dimebag (then known as Diamond) was 16 years old and could rip his guitar to shreds.

For any of those who haven't heard Power Metal (released in 1988), it was Phil sounding as good if not better than a prime Halford. He carried that range on for one more album (Cowboys From Hell) and then by 1991-1992, it was all about death like metal vocals. The music was really brutally heavy at the time. They were still pumping out metal (along with Slayer, Testament), when bands like Megadeth and Metallica gave it long up in 1991-1992.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 12:00:46 PM »
Panterrible stole Exhorder's sound.
And, the fact is that while Exhorder were fuckin shit up in 1985 with their onslaught of hate and violence, Pantera were sniffing hairspray fumes and learning how to correctly apply their eyeliner while putting out glam metal albums like "I Am The Night" and "Power Metal".

Exactly - Pantera sucks.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 12:20:23 PM »
Exactly - Pantera sucks.

----->

:D

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 04:49:25 PM »
Pantera's roll call back in the glam day:

Phillip Anselmo
Rex Rocker (Rex Brown)
Diamond Darrell (changed to Dimebag when Far Beyond Driven came out)
Vinnie Paul (Diamond's brother)

They had an original singer prior to Phil but replaced him with Phil because they didn want to remain glam...

Pantera doesnt suck...they were the greatest that ever was. They are my favorite band of all time.

Now since Pantera is no more...Killswitch Engage is up their with them as my favorite band currently but they arent Pantera.

And because of that asshole that shot Diamond, there will never ever be hopes in a Pantera reunion or any hope of ever having Pantera back again....

Vinnie Paul became the drummer for Hell Yeah with Mudvayne's vocalist. Prior to Hell Yeah, he and his brother formed Damage Plan. It was at a  Damage Plan concert that Diembag was assinated.

Rex Brown and Phil Anselmo tour around as the southern influenced band called Down which reminds me of a hgeavier Lynard Skynard (spelling)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2008, 05:14:19 PM »
Pantera's roll call back in the glam day:

Phillip Anselmo
Rex Rocker (Rex Brown)
Diamond Darrell (changed to Dimebag when Far Beyond Driven came out)
Vinnie Paul (Diamond's brother)

They had an original singer prior to Phil but replaced him with Phil because they didn want to remain glam...

Pantera doesnt suck...they were the greatest that ever was. They are my favorite band of all time.

Now since Pantera is no more...Killswitch Engage is up their with them as my favorite band currently but they arent Pantera.

And because of that asshole that shot Diamond, there will never ever be hopes in a Pantera reunion or any hope of ever having Pantera back again....

Vinnie Paul became the drummer for Hell Yeah with Mudvayne's vocalist. Prior to Hell Yeah, he and his brother formed Damage Plan. It was at a  Damage Plan concert that Diembag was assinated.

Rex Brown and Phil Anselmo tour around as the southern influenced band called Down which reminds me of a hgeavier Lynard Skynard (spelling)

Panteras suckage is relative - when they were Cowboys from hell they kinda rocked -> nice riffs, good melodies - standout track Cemetary Gaytes + other good songs.
Vulgar was kinda cool, but introduced a generation of fags to "metal" - I remember sitting in the school bus and every shitstain wearing a 'Vulgar Display of Howie' shirt  :'(
Dimebag often played with King from SLAYER and afterwards kinda took the 'Reign In Blood' route when riffing.
As a guitarist he was beyond great - good feel, ideas, very multidimensional player.
Pantera sadly turned into shit.

RIP to Dimebag.

As for the band itself - luckily a thing of the past, though they were far better than most of the shit today.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2008, 05:19:27 PM »
Panteras suckage is relative - when they were Cowboys from hell they kinda rocked -> nice riffs, good melodies - standout track Cemetary Gaytes + other good songs.
Vulgar was kinda cool, but introduced a generation of fags to "metal" - I remember sitting in the school bus and every shitstain wearing a 'Vulgar Display of Howie' shirt  :'(
Dimebag often played with King from SLAYER and afterwards kinda took the 'Reign In Blood' route when riffing.
As a guitarist he was beyond great - good feel, ideas, very multidimensional player.
Pantera sadly turned into shit.

RIP to Dimebag.

As for the band itself - luckily a thing of the past, though they were far better than most of the shit today.

Pantera = gods, Dime = in Gary Busey heaven now.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2008, 05:32:56 PM »
I used to think they were the greatest thing ever, but I was also a nu-metal fan... That was back when I was 8-12 years old though.

THEN I discovered REAL METAL  >:(