Author Topic: Opinions please and past experiences, perhaps explanations: Bullying and ASB  (Read 2209 times)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
Does anyone understand it or feel able to explain it to me?  I wasn't bullied at school.  

I simply have no concept of the idea of treating anyone in any way other than the way in which I would wish to be treated.  I was brought up by decent parents in a decent society.

But for the past 7 years, since me Dad died, I find that I am constantly persecuted.  I'm mind boggled.

Can you help me please with your theories regarding this type of behaviour?  I certainly don't understand.  

The woman at my corner shop which I've shopped at for 15 or 20 years treats me as if I'm stupid, because I'm honest and she just doesn't get it.

When I was like 16 I learned on a visit to NYC on my own, that I ought not smile too much in case someone punched my perfect teeth out.  I adopted a semihalf smile for strangers.  I learnt.  I have a serial killer theory:  Even a serial killer must turn into a nice guy to get his next victim.

I'm so careful.  I dress down.  Yet I continue to attract unwanted attention.

I have recently moved to a new flat.  The person who lives in the flat above me (half-man, half ape?) has recently taken to throwing eggs out back to my garden and at the front on the stairs down to my flat.  He also painted 3x over my spy peepy hole on my front door and regularly turns my electric meter off at the mains.  I've waylaid the coppers on the beat on my street and have had them record this Anti-Social Behaviour, but I'm thinking I ought perhaps call the Mental Health Services (yes, I'm going bonkers).

I recently had a short chat with an old neighbour on the street, and he kindly asked how I am, and I told him.  He explained that people who bully have a latent love for their victim and that because they can't be in their life and cannot understand why we instead have friends and family who we choose to be with rather than that half man half ape, they decide to terrorise us.

Can you explain this to me?  I need to comprehend.  I feel sorry for the sad twat upstairs here, but I need to suppress my defence mechanisms and get zen.  Ommmmmmmmm.  This is awful.  I need to understand.  

I'm so normal I'm boring.  I just don't get complex angry personalities, it's beyond my scope of ken.

Please help me get to grips with this.  I'm a single vulnerable woman alone.  Why do these people kick off and get weird?

Oh Thank you for offering to show up and take him out, that I appreciate, but it won't work.

xLinda

xxxLinda

• Getbig V

I'm looking here for comments and advice from both nice people and also from the other GetBig posters who bully.

Please explain to me why it is that some people choose to act in an anti-social manner?  I am unable to understand and need to.

Thanks muchly
xL

Butterbean

• Getbig V
I think most of the perceived bullying on GB is done in the name of comedy.... but this place is not (or hopefully isn't) representative of how most of us here behave in the real world.

Linda, were you ever bullied as a child and/or before your dad died?

Did anything significant happen to you or was there any significant change in you after he passed (other than the somewhat normal grieving process that occurs when there is a tragic death of someone close to us)?

Also, have you reported your upstairs neighbor to the landlord?  I think you should!

R

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
Yes, I've had to involve the landlord, I've even had to call the Police.  I'm wasting so much taxpayers money involving every conceiveable social authority.  I've been told I can 'do' him for 'Criminal Damage' and for - get this - 'Psychological Injury' (psychological injury being some new sh*t social law-abiding un-enforceable law they've recently come up with).

I will be doing my utmost to protest against his disgusting behaviour as this is no longer an issue about Drum and Bass (sounds like he's winning that computer game), but about his anti-social behaviour.  Yet I dislike reporting people.  My way forward would be to all get along and treat others as you would wish to be treated.  No one does that though these days...

I'm looking to understand the why's and wherefore's of bullying and anti-social behaviour. I need to learn as this has just happened and is new to me.  I don't know whether it's 'cos I'm alone and self-sufficient, whether it's because I'm female or whether I appear vulnerable or what.  If you've an insight, I need your opinions (the "they love you but can't have you' theory bodes well by me, but seems so horrid and strange).  I want to understand.

No, I wasn't bullied at school, I was pretty, clever, fit and funny.  I was the sixer of the Pixies in the Brownies, I had every badge.  I was popular and I have led a blessed life throughout.

Funny innit, that I thought I'd get old and invisible after approx 40 or 45 and gain a few pounds and let my gray hairs grow in.  I had no idea I'd still attract unwanted attention (horrid it is now) at my age.
When I was younger, I could laugh it off and even make the guy feel good after turning him down.

As I aged, I wanted to play scrabble and chat on funny forums on our www and do a bit of gardening and read every book I could lay my hands on, I surely didn't expect to have a stalker.  Although he lives upstairs, so he's not exactly stalking, all he has to do his come back to his flat and terrorize me.

I will be pressing charges against him and the 'senior neighbourhood officer' will be here on Tuesday next.  She's the one who has told me to get an injunction.  Wish me luck...

Oh the trials and tribulations of living in our highly populated London.  Oh Ouch.

xL

I still would very much appreciate your insights re: bullying.  Please and thanks.  Take care.

Oh and one other thing:  

Yes, I've been doing my research whilst waiting for a response from you.  There's this theory about 'emotional scaffolding'...  

So here's me, I had a blessed life with no pain whatsoever, all bliss, kisses and hugs.  Fitness and Health and Beauty and Truth and gorgeous people all your life?  

Then something horrid and wierd happens and you've no concept of what to think or what to expect.  People with 'emotional scaffolding' have lived and learned throughout past pains.  

I didn't.  I'm new to all this horridness, I'd no idea !

apply85

• Getbig IV
you understand it very well, you yourself try to be somewhat of a bully on here, you didn't even want men to be able to post in the first place

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
ooooh ooops.  It's not that I didn't want men to post on our girly board when it was first instigated, it was that I didn't want men pretending to be women posting on our girly board?  You've got twenty million other boards?

So like:  whatever you say darlin'...

Sorry if I upset you and your frail male ego.  I've never been horrid to anyone in my long happy life.  

I have never been knowingly nasty.  I have treated unwanted attention with funniness.  I do the best I'm able to do, I pretend to defend myself and my race and my sex.  

Most times I am unable to do that and willingly give in.

I'm frequently misunderstood.  We live in an over-stimulated world and most of us (that's you !) are exhibiting signs of over-stimulation.  I'm trying to keep up.

Apologies if needs be
madly
xL

I'll report back about the ASB (Anti-Social Behaviour), Criminal Damage, Defamation of Character and Psychological Damage caused to me by my sad upstairs neighbour.  We're nearly at the end of this horrific saga.  The Police have been fantastic.  Think I've gotten him help via the Mental Health Services though, that's kinder.

apply85

• Getbig IV
lol, not a bully at all, you insult me every chance u get

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
oh dear darling please get over it.  You'll need to deal with your ego.  I wasn't even talking about you.

You have serious delutional issues if you think this computer is talking to you

madly to noone in particular
xLinda

apply85

• Getbig IV
who were u talking to then lol

xxxLinda

• Getbig V

I am chatting with a nice "girly" community on our girly board on a well-loved wwwebsite which has often extremely clever and frequently funny posters on it.

take care
xLinda

it says at the top that this thread has been  (Read 84 times)   ?

apply85

• Getbig IV
when u say that u didn't want men to pretend to be women to post here, which is obsurd btw, you were clearly talking directly to me

then when you next say "your fragile ego", all of the sudden you are now talking to everyone here? even though only some of them are male?

you remind me of women i've known who had drug problem slol

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
try being absurd next time, okay?  take care darlin'

xL

there are perhaps 3 or 5 women posting on our girlie board, the rest are men or men pretending to be women.  No wonder very few women bother.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
you forget that women may have egos too

xLinda

apply85

• Getbig IV
you changed male ego to ego, rofl, the bully gets pegged down a notch. you're welcome open girl talk forum