Author Topic: Lee Priest -is he obsessive compulsive?  (Read 27267 times)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Re: Lee Priest -is he obsessive compulsive?
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2013, 08:27:36 PM »
Fair call.

Bottom line, this place has become over run with haters.  Ron and the mods have been very liberal when it comes to moderating.  Of course i believe in freedom of speech but not at the cost of losing countless Pros and IFBB powers that be.

This was once a great gathering place of a diverse range of industry people.  Now, it is a bunch of hating adolescents with little interest in the sport.

Ron shares my concern.

7 silver coins is that you?

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2013, 08:35:22 PM »
I have always been muslim. Tatoo is forbidden (haram) under my islam . I convert to Jesus Christ lord and savior. i have no such tatoo and never will even as a convert. Jesus says no and is my choice :) 
X

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2013, 08:43:11 PM »
I have always been muslim. Tatoo is forbidden (haram) under my islam . I convert to Jesus Christ lord and savior. i have no such tatoo and never will even as a convert. Jesus says no and is my choice :) 

What do you think Jesus would say if you got a Jesus tattoo?

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2013, 08:57:17 PM »
What do you think Jesus would say if you got a Jesus tattoo?

How about calling the Vatican for advice  ;)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2013, 09:04:39 PM »
How about calling the Vatican for advice  ;)

Is it true the pope gets his protein straight from the tap?

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2013, 09:07:10 PM »
Not sure if it's allowed in Christianity lol 
X

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2013, 12:34:39 AM »
Is it true the pope gets his protein straight from the tap?

He likes football (soccer) so obviouslly likes enjoyments  ;D
As Argentinian he must be beef eater  :)

Caro

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Stop the hate and The Pros will return
« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2013, 02:51:55 AM »
Of course i would like to see Lee return to the board.  The place would go into meltdown when he logged on. 

He was entertaining, crude, brash, vile but honest.  Sure, he hated the haters and would complain endlessly to Ron about his unfair treatment at their hands.

Look, it is common knowledge that Lee and I don't see eye to eye.  Nothing will ever change that.  Regardless, getting Lee back as well as the scores of Pros who have left this board is my aim. 

Again, i am calling for consistently in moderating so as to protect those Pros that return from the haters. peace

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2013, 03:45:39 AM »
Look, it is common knowledge that Lee and I don't see eye to eye.  Nothing will ever change that.  Regardless, getting Lee back as well as the scores of Pros who have left this board is my aim.  

It isn't common knowledge because few people know who you are/were.  Block?  ???

I don't think LP should come back.  His personal choices aside, I dig the concept doing whatever pleases YOU and I think for the most part, people here are simply going to be dicks and play the role of discouraging that - regardless of how they actually feel.  As far as doing what he pleases, the guy is too far gone.  It'd be a retardfest.  It's just not going to enhance the board to read people endlessly attempting to give shit to LP.  

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2013, 03:50:51 AM »
"to protect those Pros"  ::) (and still written with a capital...)
I'm sure that Dennis James is still crying about my post back then  ::)

Caro

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2013, 03:55:18 AM »
It isn't common knowledge because few people know who you are/were.  Block?  ???

I don't think LP should come back.  His personal choices aside, I dig the concept doing whatever pleases YOU and I think for the most part, people here are simply going to be dicks and play the role of discouraging that - regardless of how they actually feel.  As far as doing what he pleases, the guy is too far gone.  It'd be a retardfest.  It's just not going to enhance the board to read people endlessly attempting to give shit to LP.  

Rock, i hear you.  It is a given that if LP were to return he would cop an absolute barrage of abuse in regards to his height, no chest, tattoos, fowl mouth, booty etc etc.  However, as i have outlined to adnauseum, if the mods moderate the hating  behaviour then at least we would have some semblance of  balance debating.

Again, why are all the Pros over at MD and BB.com?  Because it is moderated with consistency.  

In summary, the ethos of this place doesn't need to change.  
It is not about brutal censorship. I am against that.  Time for Ron to chime in.  I am happy to discuss my vision for this place..peace

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2013, 03:57:22 AM »
Of course i would like to see Lee return to the board.  The place would go into meltdown when he logged on. 

He was entertaining, crude, brash, vile but honest.  Sure, he hated the haters and would complain endlessly to Ron about his unfair treatment at their hands.

Look, it is common knowledge that Lee and I don't see eye to eye.  Nothing will ever change that.  Regardless, getting Lee back as well as the scores of Pros who have left this board is my aim. 

Again, i am calling for consistently in moderating so as to protect those Pros that return from the haters. peace

STOP lecturing & STOP criticizing Get Big moderators  >:(
Broken Record Caro  :-X :-X :-X

Caro

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2013, 04:01:29 AM »
"to protect those Pros"  ::) (and still written with a capital...)
I'm sure that Dennis James is still crying about my post back then  ::)

lol..but in all seriousness, bullying in this day and age has some serious consequences.  Sadly, individuals have committed suicide, engaged in self harm, overdosed etc because of bullying not being bought to account -whether it be at work, on the internet etc.

Look, i am not saying that hating comments on an anonymous  bb message board is going to make someone cut their wrists. I just think that it perpetuates the negativity that has become so much a part of our society today.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2013, 04:02:47 AM »
There's no point protecting the "pros"

They almost all had essentially nothing to offer.

They are not training experts, they aren't going to be giving you any advice on your training "aids" and they aren't any more charismatic than anybody else on the board (less so, most of the time - due to their hesitance to interact fully).

There have been maybe a couple of guys that were entertaining.  Shawn Ray was a pure troll like many of us, here - he is top of the list.  He was a piece of work that belonged, here.  Titus was great for his rage.  Kamali was legendary for how quickly he couldn't handle it.  Kevin basically posted one sentence vague answers to the odd question.  Rich Jones was a polite dude.  Tony Freeman.. polite.  Loads of polite guys.  But not really anything majorly interesting.  Chick - was patient.

It's not a very long list of people who were significant.  

And the "other place", back then.  Mayhem - anything but.  A sterile, boring board with no character because of people like Tom Prince who, at the height of his drug use, would moderate the board with an iron fist - melt down if steroids were mentioned at all etc.

I'm not saying these people are without virtue - just you know, the soul of this board has forever been loosely controlled anarchy and I'm not so sure that pro bbers are worth more than that.

Caro

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2013, 04:04:46 AM »
STOP lecturing & STOP criticizing Get Big moderators  >:(
Broken Record Caro  :-X :-X :-X

TK, with all due respect i am not criticizing the mods.  I think as a collective they do a very difficult job quite well.  Just trying to offer some constructive advice.

YOU are entitled to your view.  I don't hate on you because you think differently about this place than i do..peace

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2013, 04:13:53 AM »
lol..but in all seriousness, bullying in this day and age has some serious consequences.  Sadly, individuals have committed suicide, engaged in self harm, overdosed etc because of bullying not being bought to account -whether it be at work, on the internet etc.

Look, i am not saying that hating comments on an anonymous  bb message board is going to make someone cut their wrists. I just think that it perpetuates the negativity that has become so much a part of our society today.

First off all, can't you please lower your use of the word 'hater'? You're really obsessed by this, and you seem to undervalue honest people. To me, they deserve much more credit then ass kissing people, who have not much to say.
Getbig isn't for everyone, it never was and prob never will. Everyone is free to leave and many folks did (or they returned under another gimmick account).
Things would be different in case Getbig was a school or a company where leaving isn't always an option.

Caro

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2013, 04:15:44 AM »
There's no point protecting the "pros"

They almost all had essentially nothing to offer.

They are not training experts, they aren't going to be giving you any advice on your training "aids" and they aren't any more charismatic than anybody else on the board (less so, most of the time - due to their hesitance to interact fully).

There have been maybe a couple of guys that were entertaining.  Shawn Ray was a pure troll like many of us, here - he is top of the list.  He was a piece of work that belonged, here.  Titus was great for his rage.  Kamali was legendary for how quickly he couldn't handle it.  Kevin basically posted one sentence vague answers to the odd question.  Rich Jones was a polite dude.  Tony Freeman.. polite.  Loads of polite guys.  But not really anything majorly interesting.  Chick - was patient.

It's not a very long list of people who were significant.  

And the "other place", back then.  Mayhem - anything but.  A sterile, boring board with no character because of people like Tom Prince who, at the height of his drug use, would moderate the board with an iron fist - melt down if steroids were mentioned at all etc.

I'm not saying these people are without virtue - just you know, the soul of this board has forever been loosely controlled anarchy and I'm not so sure that pro bbers are worth more than that.

Rock, a good read, rare around this place these days.

Agree with the premise of your argument.  Yes, the Pros are not going to necessarily make this place better nor will they bring any insights that have not already been rehashed a thousand times. But what they will bring is the experiences of living the day to day life of a Pro...and that is  the crazy training and dieting, standing on an Olympia stage etc etc....look, i just think that the world is a better place when we have diversity, tolerance, understanding and acceptance...qualities which tend to be lacking around here.

Caro

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2013, 04:18:19 AM »
First off all, can't you please lower your use of the word 'hater'? You're really obsessed by this, and you seem to undervalue honest people. To me, they deserve much more credit then ass kissing people, who have not much to say.
Getbig isn't for everyone, it never was and prob never will. Everyone is free to leave and many folks did (or they returned under another gimmick account).
Things would be different in case Getbig was a school or a company where leaving isn't always an option.

lol..yes, the word 'hater' has been used to extreme.  However, i do believe this place is more hate than positive. 

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2013, 04:25:43 AM »
lol..yes, the word 'hater' has been used to extreme.  However, i do believe this place is more hate than positive.  

No, more honest, and honesty is a moral value. Someone can't always be both positive and honest.

Caro

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2013, 04:31:20 AM »
No, more honest, and honesty is a moral value. Someone can't always be both positive and honest.

I view the 'act of honesty' more as an ethical issue. Someone makes a choice to live their live by a code of honesty..for example.
With all due respect, of course  positivity and honesty can co exist. NOt sure where you are coming from on this one?

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2013, 04:36:09 AM »
TK, with all due respect i am not criticizing the mods.  I think as a collective they do a very difficult job quite well.  Just trying to offer some constructive advice.

YOU are entitled to your view.  I don't hate on you because you think differently about this place than i do..peace

BS, U call me HATER  ::) just like others  ::)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2013, 04:40:07 AM »
I view the 'act of honesty' more as an ethical issue. Someone makes a choice to live their live by a code of honesty..for example.
With all due respect, of course  positivity and honesty can co exist. NOt sure where you are coming from on this one?

Did I wrote that  positivity and honesty can's co exist al all? No, I didn't, so we agree on this.
Anyway, we can discuss forever, but Getbig is still a matter of 'take it or leave it', like any other place on the internet.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2013, 05:36:54 AM »
Rock, a good read, rare around this place these days.

Agree with the premise of your argument.  Yes, the Pros are not going to necessarily make this place better nor will they bring any insights that have not already been rehashed a thousand times. But what they will bring is the experiences of living the day to day life of a Pro...and that is  the crazy training and dieting, standing on an Olympia stage etc etc....look, i just think that the world is a better place when we have diversity, tolerance, understanding and acceptance...qualities which tend to be lacking around here.

Reality is - they are in an industry of smoke and mirrors and them divulging information would possibly topple the house of cards their career is built on.  The source of this sport is illegal drugs.

It's just never going to be an open book.

Caro

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2013, 06:22:05 AM »
Reality is - they are in an industry of smoke and mirrors and them divulging information would possibly topple the house of cards their career is built on.  The source of this sport is illegal drugs.

It's just never going to be an open book.

We slow down to view the train wreck.  It is no different with The Pros.

We are all here because we share  some kind of weird fascination in the bizarre freak show they call Pro BB.

Sadly, the freaks don't want to hang out here anymore because of the treatment they receive at the hands of a minority.

Yes, i would encourage an open dialogue with Ron and his Mods.  I would like to get their perspective on the place and whether or not they share a collective vision for this place moving forward....Yes, i am ready to have a conversation about this.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2013, 06:59:49 AM »
Yes, i am ready to have a conversation about this.

Overextension.

Stay in character.