Author Topic: Cruz 2016  (Read 90659 times)

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
Re: Cruz 2016
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2013, 09:09:29 AM »
somehow you must have managed to only know hispanics in the 27% that voted for Romney and none of the 71% that voted for Obama
thank you.
w

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2013, 10:27:19 AM »
somehow you must have managed to only know hispanics in the 27% that voted for Romney and none of the 71% that voted for Obama

I don't really give much credibility to the all these 'polls' everyone likes to throw around.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2013, 11:48:02 AM »
Bozell Column: Ted Cruz Has All the Right Enemies
By Brent Bozell | May 07, 2013

The Washington Post offered a splashy profile of freshman Sen. Ted Cruz on Tuesday, and the most surprising thing about it was a lack of venom. The reporter described “the self-assured, nonstop talker who won national debate championships as an undergraduate at Princeton.”

Cruz “honed his reputation early in his career as a dazzling Supreme Court advocate” and now “has bashed into the national conversation,” most notably in attacking establishment Republicans who’ve called him and other young Senate conservatives “wacko birds.”

This story, however, wasn’t as surprising as James Carville’s declaration on ABC’s “This Week.” He was typically blunt – but in a wholly unexpected direction: “I think he is the most talented and fearless Republican politician I’ve seen in the last 30 years.”

Carville accurately described the conservative view: “‘If we only got someone who was articulate and was for what we were for, we would win elections. And we get these John McCains and these Mitt Romneys and these squishy guys that can’t do anything.’” Carville added: “Well, there’s one thing this guy is not -- he ain’t squishy, not in the least.”

The more typical take from the Left came from the same program, when former Gov. Bill Richardson insisted that Hispanic and conservative cannot go together in the same sentence: “He’s anti-immigration. Almost every Hispanic in the country wants to see immigration reform.
I don’t think he should be defined as a Hispanic. He’s a politician from Texas. A conservative state.” In the Richardson calculus, “pro-immigration” Marco Rubio is a Hispanic, while “anti-immigration” Ted Cruz is a politician from Texas.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is so tired of Cruz and his objections already that he has denounced him to his face as a “schoolyard bully.” (To which Cruz shot back: “I wasn’t aware we were in a schoolyard.”)

Few people try to paint Ted Cruz as a lightweight – except the lightweights. Haters at the Daily Kos blog have risibly jeered he couldn’t be considered as qualified to be “pool boy.” Chris Matthews bashed Cruz as “another one of these well-educated right wingers like Pat Robertson. It’s like they flush out their high educations when they get out of school for political purposes.”

David Letterman recently named Cruz as a “Stooge of the Night” for failing to vote Letterman’s way on gun control. But the segment was so listless and unfunny it almost made you miss that other gray-haired liberal guy with the glasses – remember that guy? – who did that “Worst Person in the World” segment.

It’s clear that Cruz’s intelligence is marking him for media harassment. Former Newsweek Washington bureau chief Evan Thomas spoke for the journalistic masses: “You need to watch this guy, because there are a lot of demagogues out there, but not that many who are that smart. He is really, really smart, and that makes him potentially dangerous.”

Liberals are far more comfortable with Republican leaders they can define as dimwits – like that Harvard MBA, George W. Bush. They champion liberal politicians with mediocre college grades like Al Gore with honorifics like “The Thinking Man’s Thinking Man.” Ted Cruz upsets their liberals-are-smarter apple cart.

The media’s Republicans In Name Only aren’t fans, either. New York Times columnist David Brooks – the pseudoconservative who fraudulently purports to represent the Right on both PBS and NPR – declared that when you mention Cruz to other senators, “you just get titanic oceans of eye-rolling, because you’re a freshman, you don’t go in and take over hearings.” Cruz is supposed to go along to get along, learn his place, “grow in office” and join the establishment. Brooks strangely added: “It doesn’t help that he has a face that looks a little like Joe McCarthy actually.”

Liberals have repeatedly linked Cruz to McCarthy after The New Yorker savaged Cruz because he said in a 2010 speech to a conservative crowd that Barack Obama “would have made a perfect president of Harvard Law School” because “there were fewer declared Republicans in the faculty when we were there than communists! There was one Republican. But there were 12 who would say they were Marxists.”

The New Yorker’s star witness against Cruz was “Republican” Harvard Law professor Charles Fried, who claimed he was one of four "out" Republicans on staff. Fried is an Obama supporter who recently donated $250 to elect liberal Senator Elizabeth Warren.

Despite the media harassment, Ted Cruz is kicking tail and taking names. The Washington Post notes that his reaction to all the criticism can be summed up as “Lovin’ it!” He is one member of Congress I’d like every other Republican to emulate. How crazy could that make the media elite?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-bozell/2013/05/07/bozell-column-ted-cruz-has-all-right-enemies

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2013, 12:00:33 PM »
I don't really give much credibility to the all these 'polls' everyone likes to throw around.

that's actual voting results from the last presidential election

it has to have at least as much credibility as an individual claim that "Most of the hispanics I know, and that's a shitload of people, are actually staunch republicans.."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2013, 12:10:37 PM »

It's very possible that MORE than 27% of hispanics are repubs - they just didn't bother voting cause romney sucked.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2013, 12:23:02 PM »
Most of the hispanics I know, and that's a shitload of people, are actually staunch republicans..

In my experience, most people who have immigrated or have parents/grandparents who have immigrated to the US from communist countries like the former Soviet Union, China, Vietnam, Cuba, Some Central American countries(1960s-1980s), tend to vote Republican.

So Cubans or people of Cuban ancestry in the US, and Hispanics from some central American countries, tend to vote Republican.  All other Hispanics tend to vote Democrat.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2013, 05:54:35 AM »
 :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2013, 12:53:18 PM »
Texas Republican Sen. Cruz eligible to be president should he decide to run
Published May 19, 2013
FoxNews.com

Texas Republican Sen. Ted Cruz was born in Canada but is qualified to become president should he mount a campaign in 2016 or beyond.

Cruz was born in Calgary, and his father is from Cuba. But the Republican senator’s mother is from the first state of Delaware, which appears to settle the issue.

Government officials didn’t exactly have to scramble for the information amid speculation the firebrand freshman senator was contemplating a presidential run and might be ineligible, considering similar questions about President Obama’s birth prompted the Congressional Research Office to compile a 2009 report to try to resolve the issue.

The 14-page report by the non-partisan office’s legislative attorney Jack Maskell essentially states the Constitution sets out three eligibility requirements to be president: one must be at least 35, a resident within the United States for 14 years and a “natural born citizen.”

The report states "the weight of scholarly legal and historical opinion appears to support the notion that 'natural born citizen' means one who is entitled under the Constitution or laws of the United States to U.S. citizenship 'at birth' or 'by birth,' including … those born abroad of one citizen parent who has met U.S. residency requirements."

However, Maskell points out in an expanded, Nov. 2011 memorandum “there is no Supreme Court case which has ruled specifically on the presidential eligibility requirements, although several cases have addressed the term ‘natural born’ citizen. And this clause has been the subject of several legal and historical treatises over the years, as well as more recent litigation.”

Cruz has excited the Republican Party’s conservative base during his first five months in the Senate – while annoying moderates – by opposing everything from Obama Cabinet nominations to the bipartisan Senate immigration bill.

The 42-year-old Cruz has yet to publicly announce his intentions, but in front of a microphone he talks mostly about big-picture national issues, with most of the presidential buzz coming from supporters.

“I’ve been in 25 cities in the last few months, all I have to do is mention Ted Cruz’s name, and they stand up and cheer,” former South Carolina Republican Sen. Jim DeMint said at a state party dinner earlier this month. “They’re hungry for someone who’s not afraid, willing to stand up and trying to change the status quo.”

Obama’s eligibility was questioned by a group of people labeled birthers because they though his Hawaii birth certificate was fake and that he was born in Kenya. His mother was from Kansas and his father from Kenya.

Others have faced similar questions including Obama’s 2008 presidential opponent Arizona Republican Sen. John McCain.

McCain was born on a military installation in the Panama Canal Zone where his mother and Navel officer father were stationed. And George Romney, father of 2012 Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, was born in Mexico but still ran for president in 1968.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/19/cruz-eligible-presidential-run/?test=latestnews

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2013, 01:41:20 PM »
I like it.   :)

Ted Cruz: Replace the IRS With Flat Tax
Monday, 03 Jun 2013
By Christiana Lilly

Sen. Ted Cruz Monday called for replacement of the the Internal Revenue Service with a simple tax or flat tax.

The Texas Republican also accused the Obama administration of a "willingness to use the machinery of government to target political enemies."

"It was wrong when Richard Nixon did it and it was wrong when Barack Obama did it," Cruz said on Fox News, referring to the controversy surrounding the IRS targeting of conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status.

There's been no evidence to suggest President Barack Obama or anyone connected to the White House ordered the IRS scrutiny of tea party and other conservative groups, but Cruz called the controversy "a manifestation of too much power in the federal government."

"When the federal government has too much power in our individual lives, it's an invitation to being abused," he added.

The tea party favorite said the IRS mess proves there's a better way to ensure fairness in the tax process — a simple, or flat tax paid each year by filling out a postcard-size return.

"The average American can fill out our taxes on a postcard, put down how much you earn, put down a deduction for charitable contribution, for home mortgage, and how much you owe. It ought to be just a simple one-page postcard and take the agents, the bureaucracy, out of Washington and limit the part of government," he said.

"This administration has been willing to disregard the Constitution, disregard the Bill of Rights, the First Amendment, the Second Amendment, the Fourth and Fifth amendments . . . to set aside the constraints of the law for partisan ends, and the result of it has been people's trust in the integrity of government has been undermined."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/irs-abolish-flat-tax/2013/06/03/id/507772

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2013, 02:20:17 PM »
I hope he runs

he will be fun to watch teabaggers cry in bewilderment as another one of their ilk makes a fool of himself and gets soundly rejected by the majority of normal people in this country

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2013, 05:44:36 PM »
Cruz Wins White House Dossier 2016 GOP Presidential Poll
by Keith Koffler on June 24, 2013

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz scored a huge victory in a White House Dossier poll of readers’ preferences for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination, garnering nearly a third of the vote, while former conservative darling Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida barely registered in the survey.

Cruz has emerged during his frist year in the Senate as an unflagging conservative leader on a string of issues, most notably gun control and immigration. Thirty one percent of voters in the poll, who mostly described them as conservative, said Cruz was their choice for president.

While Cruz’s star has soared, Rubio’s has dimmed nearly the point of invisibility. Rubio, who has drawn conservative ire for his banner role in pushing an immigration reform bill this year, garnered just three percent of the vote.

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, who achieved stardom among conservatives this year with a filibuster opposing the use of drone strikes against Americans on U.S. soil, scored second in the poll with 16 percent. And physician Ben Carson, who gained prominence in February by delivering a strongly conservative speech at the National Prayer Breakfast while President Obama was forced to look on, captured 10 percent of the vote.

Two well-regarded Wisconsin conservatives made solid if unremarkable showings. Rep, Paul Ryan, who ran for vice president in 2012, and Gov. Scott Walker tied with six percent of the vote – though Walker was ahead on votes. Moderate governors Jeb Bush of Florida and Chris Christie of New Jersey tallied four percent and three percent respectively. Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal cornered just two percent, while Rick Santorum, Jon Huntsman Jr., and Donald Trump each barely registered with one percent of the vote.

Sarah Palin was initially included in the poll but was removed early in the voting after a pro-Palin website directed its readers to vote for her. Before then, she had received only scant support.

The poll, which went up on the website Friday afternoon and was closed this morning, asked readers, “If the 2016 Republican presidential primary were held in your state today, for whom would your vote?”

The survey was not strictly “scientific” – participants were not randomly contacted, but instead allowed to vote on the website at their own initiative. But it probably provides a reliable snapshot of where conservatives – who comprise a majority of those who vote in the GOP primaries – stand at this point. A total of 3,370 readers cast votes, and Cruz maintained around a third of the vote nearly from the beginning.

Of those who voted, 2,583 also answered a question about their politics, with 56 percent describing themselves as “conservative,” 32 percent identifying as “very conservative,” and 11 percent saying they are “moderate.” Only one percent chose “liberal” or “very liberal.”

But the voters can hardly be described as unwilling to consider moderates. Thirty one percent of the 3,172 who revealed their favorite for 2012 said their “preferred” candidate in primaries was Mitt Romney. Fifteen percent said they liked Herman Cain, 13 percent favored Newt Gingrich, and another 13 percent were for Rick Perry.

A complete tabulation of the poll results can be found here.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2013, 06:49:18 PM »
Cruz Paul or Paul Cruz

Anything less and im staying home most likely 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2013, 07:06:46 PM »
Cruz Paul or Paul Cruz

8)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2013, 07:17:06 PM »
Cruz Paul or Paul Cruz

rand has more nat'l experience - put him 1st on the ticket.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2013, 09:35:49 PM »
Gotta respect the man thus far.

Unwavering in all his principles.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2013, 01:22:28 PM »
Gotta respect the man thus far.

Unwavering in all his principles.

the same could be said of Fred Phelps, Adolf Hitler or any number of nutbags

it's his principals that will make him a pariah on the national stage

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2013, 02:09:48 PM »

Great analogy ::)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2013, 08:24:04 PM »

I looked at this thread just to how the libs would react. Entertaining as usual. 5150 all thw way. Did not disappoint. lol

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2013, 09:56:45 PM »
I looked at this thread just to how the libs would react. Entertaining as usual. 5150 all thw way. Did not disappoint. lol

my only a "reaction" is stating that he has no chance on a national stage and that I hope he runs

I understand that right wing dingbats can't believe that the country would reject the message of a right wing nutbag

I understand that you dwell in a world where Obama has created a disaster and you believe the country will run toward and embrace a far right nutbag message

We'll have to wait until 2016 to see which one of us is disappointed

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2013, 02:34:34 PM »
my only a "reaction" is stating that he has no chance on a national stage and that I hope he runs

I understand that right wing dingbats can't believe that the country would reject the message of a right wing nutbag

I understand that you dwell in a world where Obama has created a disaster and you believe the country will run toward and embrace a far right nutbag message

We'll have to wait until 2016 to see which one of us is disappointed

and don't bitch at me when I 'bump' this thread in three years.....and revisit and smile.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2013, 02:36:52 PM »
and don't bitch at me when I 'bump' this thread in three years.....and revisit and smile.

Anything would be better than the ghetto crackhead poverty pimp in the WH now

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2013, 02:52:23 PM »
Anything would be better than the ghetto crackhead poverty pimp in the WH now

of course, that means that Hillary would be better....are you prepared for 4/8 years of Ma'am President?
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2013, 01:13:06 PM »
Is Ted Cruz the 2016 GOP frontrunner? In Iowa, maybe
By BYRON YORK | AUGUST 12, 2013

Ted Cruz, who has been in the U.S. Senate all of eight months, is zooming toward the front of the... There are no polls showing Ted Cruz leading the 2016 Republican presidential field in the Iowa. A PPP survey last month found Cruz in sixth place in the state, behind Rand Paul, Chris Christie, Paul Ryan, Jeb Bush, and Marco Rubio. But after a particularly well-received appearance at a conservative event in Ames, Iowa over the weekend, there seems little doubt that Cruz, who has been in the U.S. Senate all of eight months, is zooming toward the front of the GOP pack in the nation’s first-voting state.

The gathering, sponsored by the social conservative organization Family Leader, featured appearances by Rick Santorum, winner of the 2012 Republican caucuses, and Cruz, along with billionaire gadfly Donald Trump. From all accounts, Santorum was a popular speaker; the social conservative crowd appreciated not only his positions but the enormous effort he has made to get to know the state of Iowa and its conservative residents.

“The reception for Santorum was appreciative, consistent, and steady,” Bob Vander Plaats, head of the Family Leader and organizer of the event, told me via email. “The anticipation for and reception of Cruz was over the top. He was propelled by an amazing speech by his father, Rafael. All that said, Cruz delivered. Most walked away talking Cruz!”

“Although they both received a warm reception from the Christian conservative audience, Cruz clearly bested Santorum in terms of enthusiasm, excitement, and anticipation of a 2016 presidential run,” said Jamie Johnson, a GOP state committeeman and a strong Santorum backer in 2012.

“While [Santorum] delivered a good speech, he was upstaged by Cruz, who from everything I’ve seen has become the great conservative hope for Iowa conservatives,” said Craig Robinson, founder and editor of the influential Iowa Republican blog. “You could sense the crowd’s anticipation before Cruz spoke. The energy in the room as he spoke was unmatched by any other speaker that day.”

“Cruz has only been to Iowa twice,” Robinson concluded, “but in the limited time he’s been in the state he’s done everything right.”

None of that is to say that Cruz has left any other Republican candidates in the dust. Rand Paul, Scott Walker, Chris Christie, Marco Rubio, Paul Ryan, Jeb Bush, Bobby Jindal — each will be welcomed by Iowa Republicans if he decides to run. But it does say that, at least for the moment, Cruz has almost instantly joined the group of Republicans who should be taken seriously as a presidential hopeful. Maybe that will change — maybe Cruz will make a big mistake or just wear out his welcome — but right now, he is the hot name in Iowa Republican circles.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/byron-york-is-ted-cruz-the-2016-gop-frontrunner-in-iowa-maybe/article/2534147

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2013, 01:42:39 PM »
Here is the most recent winner of the Iowa Straw Poll

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2013, 09:53:59 AM »
Haha graspingat straws man really reaching deep.