Author Topic: TA - verify your lifts.  (Read 69227 times)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
Re: TA - verify your lifts.
« Reply #425 on: October 31, 2006, 06:03:09 PM »
185 for 50 would be tough for the average lifter.

Matt,your chest looks fine......especially for a guy who`s 29 % bodyfat!!  LOL  :)

Seriously,it looks in proportion to me.

really, anything for incredibly high lifts is hard. once you get way far past strength and into endurance you have to entirely throw away your max because that just doesn't matter. i think any load for over 100 reps would start to get pretty rough.

luke, are we talking about the same "snapping"? i think we need to clarify that. and don't worry about me, i've got plenty of deadlifting experience under my much larger than i'd prefer belt.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #426 on: October 31, 2006, 06:05:26 PM »
Hello Adam/Adonis/"sarcasm"/Squadfather/Jimmy the Fish/Berzerk Fury/nycbull/kiwiol/Jezebelle,

How's the schizophrenia?

The Luke

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #427 on: October 31, 2006, 06:08:41 PM »
due to lower back problems last time I worked deadlifts into my training I stuck with a 20-25 rep program.  I got up to a pretty good weight considering the amount of reps I was doing, I got up to 295 for 20 actually they were rack deads done with the bars set about 2 inches below my knees, I went until my lower back couldn't take it anymore, I'm starting to hit them again but I have to be really, really careful about my back.  I'm gonna start out light and go from there adding weight everytime.  I plan on keeping the reps lower so I should be able to jump up in weight pretty quickly.  If I get over 500lbs I'll post it.  
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #428 on: October 31, 2006, 06:10:44 PM »
deadlifting 185 for 50 would be tough for the average lifter.

Matt,your chest looks fine......especially for a guy who`s 29 % bodyfat!!  LOL  :)

Seriously,it looks in proportion to me.

185 for 50 would be outstanding for anyone, higher rep deads are a killer on the lungs and the grip, even with straps I found my hands were killing me when I got done.
nasser=piece of shit

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #429 on: October 31, 2006, 06:13:50 PM »
Hello Adam/Adonis/"sarcasm"/Squadfather/Jimmy the Fish/Berzerk Fury/nycbull/kiwiol/Jezebelle,

How's the schizophrenia?

The Luke

I am not affiliated with Adonis in any way. He's on the same level as you in my book.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #430 on: October 31, 2006, 06:14:38 PM »
luke, are we talking about the same "snapping"? i think we need to clarify that. and don't worry about me, i've got plenty of deadlifting experience under my much larger than i'd prefer belt.

Well maybe... I'm talking about the dangerous stuff shown in the flash video on this page:
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1270397
(about halfway down)

...I think you might mean the "tense everything/concerted-effort/explosive push" kinda thing... nothing wrong with that if you know your limits and understand the risks.

One thing I think we can both agree on is our sudden need to hire secretaries... eh?

The Luke

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #431 on: October 31, 2006, 06:18:22 PM »
I am not affiliated with Adonis in any way. He's on the same level as you in my book.

I don't believe BF is adam.  I might have in the past and maybe he's doing a real good job of fooling me but I honestly don't believe he is.
nasser=piece of shit

Whiskey

• Getbig III
  • Team Billy Of Peace
« Reply #432 on: October 31, 2006, 06:29:19 PM »
I don't believe BF is adam.  I might have in the past and maybe he's doing a real good job of fooling me but I honestly don't believe he is.
I dont believe it either

JimmyTheFish

• Getbig III
« Reply #433 on: October 31, 2006, 06:32:04 PM »

How's the schizophrenia?

The Luke

you should do your homework little man.... I am not affiliated with The Squad nor TA...............

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #434 on: October 31, 2006, 06:32:46 PM »
Can't keep track... all the gimmicks... too many... squad.... the sarcasms.... too much to remember....

Hey guys, I let everyone know the truth about the "sarcasm" account or should I say, I "owned" sarcasm into oblivion/deletion: monster shaming! (reckon that's the ultimate all time owning ever on GetBig read the Mindspin vs Sarcasm thead for details)...

I hate all this gimmick shit, that's why I posted my real name... photo... student number (for anyone looking to check my credentials)... you can even hear my voice on the WPR online radio interview (Bigfoot related).

It's gotten to the point that anyone who sides with TA/Adam on one of his bullshit delusional ramblings can be assumed to be Adam/sarcasm/some-Squad-hole... I mean, who else would?

Methinks the idea of a grand account deletion challenge thread is beginning to form in my mind... 225 x 100 hah! I've deleted "sarcasm" by sheer force of pwn3ge (only told the truth by the way)... if I also owned True Adonis into deletion... I would pass... into LEGEND!

What to challenge?...
The Luke

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #435 on: October 31, 2006, 06:34:05 PM »
Well maybe... I'm talking about the dangerous stuff shown in the flash video on this page:
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1270397
(about halfway down)

...I think you might mean the "tense everything/concerted-effort/explosive push" kinda thing... nothing wrong with that if you know your limits and understand the risks.

One thing I think we can both agree on is our sudden need to hire secretaries... eh?

The Luke

ah, i see. you mean more like if you squat down with your arms bent, then suddenly fling upwards so your arms "snap" straight. i gotcha. yeah, that's awful on your joints.

JimmyTheFish

• Getbig III
« Reply #436 on: October 31, 2006, 06:48:46 PM »
Can't keep track... all the gimmicks... too many... squad.... the sarcasms.... too much to remember....

Hey guys, I let everyone know the truth about the "sarcasm" account or should I say, I "owned" sarcasm into oblivion/deletion: monster shaming! (reckon that's the ultimate all time owning ever on GetBig read the Mindspin vs Sarcasm thead for details)...

I hate all this gimmick shit, that's why I posted my real name... photo... student number (for anyone looking to check my credentials)... you can even hear my voice on the WPR online radio interview (Bigfoot related).

It's gotten to the point that anyone who sides with TA/Adam on one of his bullshit delusional ramblings can be assumed to be Adam/sarcasm/some-Squad-hole... I mean, who else would?

Methinks the idea of a grand account deletion challenge thread is beginning to form in my mind... 225 x 100 hah! I've deleted "sarcasm" by sheer force of pwn3ge (only told the truth by the way)... if I also owned True Adonis into deletion... I would pass... into LEGEND!

What to challenge?...
The Luke

You have zero credibility and have yet to 'own' anyone. You have not posted the infamous 'letter' and you are a 'bigfoot' hunter, thus the lack of credibility.

Grow a pair and post your 'evidence' and put it to bed.

Also I remember Sarcasm lost a bet and thus his name........ you had shite to do with it................

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #437 on: October 31, 2006, 06:50:41 PM »
Matt,I`m 5'8" on the dot.......I think I looked better this year at a couple of the shows I did.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #438 on: October 31, 2006, 06:55:57 PM »

What to challenge?...
The Luke

You haven't owned shit. Are you going to ride the coattails of this one into glory? Face it "The Luke," you're a lying sack of shit and no one cares about you. It must really bother you that Adonis gets more attention than you.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #439 on: October 31, 2006, 06:57:11 PM »
Also I remember Sarcasm lost a bet and thus his name........ you had shite to do with it................

...oh, didn't I?

I seem to remember exposing "sarcasm" for who (plural) and what he was.... greatest pwn3age in the history of GetBig! I still have my account... everyone knows about the TA/group account/Squad shenanigans... and "sarcasm" has been deleted.

Who's winning again? The Luke 1... Gimmicks nil

The Luke

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #440 on: October 31, 2006, 11:59:15 PM »
...oh, didn't I?

I seem to remember exposing "sarcasm" for who (plural) and what he was.... greatest pwn3age in the history of GetBig! I still have my account... everyone knows about the TA/group account/Squad shenanigans... and "sarcasm" has been deleted.

Who's winning again? The Luke 1... Gimmicks nil

The Luke

STFU Mr Village Idiot.

In other news...

Has the clip of TA deadlifting 225 lbs for 100 reps been posted yet?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #441 on: November 01, 2006, 09:55:14 AM »
STFU Mr Village Idiot.

In other news...

Has the clip of TA deadlifting 225 lbs for 100 reps been posted yet?

YIP
Zack

Dont be mad at him because you could have done it too and you didnt.... ;D :o

tomr1976

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #442 on: November 01, 2006, 09:57:44 AM »

Dont be mad at him because you could have done it too and you didnt.... ;D :o

Zack/Hedge (aka "DIV" on the steroids board) was not privy to that letter, I don't believe.  MindSpin was the only G&O mod shown it.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #443 on: November 01, 2006, 09:59:38 AM »
Matt,

Don`t take anyone deadlifting advice to heart too much.  With any lift, it is going to be individualized based on bone length and joint placements.  You may fuck yourself up moreso by trying someone elses form other than your own.

IF you put on 15 lbs of bodyweight, be it fat, you will get 500 easily.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #444 on: November 01, 2006, 10:03:04 AM »
Matt,

Don`t take anyone deadlifting advice to heart too much.  With any lift, it is going to be individualized based on bone length and joint placements.  You may f**k yourself up moreso by trying someone elses form other than your own.

225 lbs for 100 reps.

When will you videotape it?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #445 on: November 01, 2006, 10:07:26 AM »
Matt,

Don`t take anyone deadlifting advice to heart too much.  With any lift, it is going to be individualized based on bone length and joint placements.  You may f**k yourself up moreso by trying someone elses form other than your own.

where's the 225 for 112? and ron's affirmation that you have no gimmick accounts?

JimmyTheFish

• Getbig III
« Reply #446 on: November 01, 2006, 10:24:18 AM »
Zack/Hedge (aka "DIV" on the steroids board) was not privy to that letter, I don't believe.  MindSpin was the only G&O mod shown it.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz same tired shit from 'The Luke'........................ ::)

post the letter or shut the fvck up

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #447 on: November 01, 2006, 10:26:55 AM »
225 lbs for 100 reps.

When will you videotape it?

YIP
Zack

Whenever I decide to videotape it.

tomr1976

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #448 on: November 01, 2006, 10:28:10 AM »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz same tired shit from 'The Luke'........................ ::)

post the letter or shut the fvck up

You have to clear that with Ron, my good sir of Las Vegas.  Go bark up his tree and stop gripping at my ballsack.

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #449 on: November 01, 2006, 02:24:25 PM »
Whenever I decide to videotape it.

AKA you're a pussy and won't because you can't.