Author Topic: Palin announces 2012 Presidential Campaign  (Read 3091 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Palin announces 2012 Presidential Campaign
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2008, 12:52:41 PM »

If Sarah Palin spends the next two years brushing up on the details of issues like the Judiciary and Foreign Policy she will be a force of nature without having McCain and the other hacks in DC holding her back.  Even in her latest interviews, she said that the McCain campaign held her back and would not let her be herself.

I also like Jindel. 

ZERO is going to make a bad situation worse. 

Completely agree about Palin.  I watched portions of her at the Republican governor's conference this morning.  She's excellent. 

I really don't know anything about Jindel, but he looks good on paper.  I'd like to hear more about him. 

I really do hope that Obama doesn't make things worse. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2008, 02:32:19 PM »
Completely agree about Palin.  I watched portions of her at the Republican governor's conference this morning.  She's excellent. 

I really don't know anything about Jindel, but he looks good on paper.  I'd like to hear more about him. 

Considering he plans on putting Jamie Gorelick as AG, what do you think will happen?  This is Clinton 1993 redux - Podesta, Rahm Emanuel, Warren Christopher, Gorelick, et al.

This is the change we were waiting for?????

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2008, 02:34:40 PM »
Considering he plans on putting Jamie Gorelick as AG, what do you think will happen?  This is Clinton 1993 redux - Podesta, Rahm Emanuel, Warren Christopher, Gorelick, et al.

This is the change we were waiting for?????

Where did you hear this? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2008, 03:25:28 PM »
she will be a force of nature without having McCain and the other hacks in DC holding her back. 

She declined any help prepping for the Couric interview.

Was mccain holding her back then?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2008, 06:18:57 PM »

I watched as much as I could stomach of the Palin show today.  She is an absolutely horrible speaker.  I find it truly weird that anyone can listen to her and think she's excellent.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2008, 06:22:49 PM »
I watched as much as I could stomach of the Palin show today.  She is an absolutely horrible speaker.  I find it truly weird that anyone can listen to her and think she's excellent.   

She did a great job.  She is exactly what Washington needs. 

I'm not surprised you find it weird. 

It is truly weird that she was elected to the city council, mayor, and governor.  Weird that she had a 90 percent approval rating.  Weird that she was voted as the most popular governor in America by her peers.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2008, 06:51:39 PM »

I'm not surprised you find it weird. 

It is truly weird that she was elected to the city council, mayor, and governor.  Weird that she had a 90 percent approval rating.  Weird that she was voted as the most popular governor in America by her peers.   

and I have to say I'm not suprised you think she's "excellent" and "exactly what Washington needs"

It says A LOT about you

BTW - many of her "peers" at the governors conference were less than complimentary. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2008, 06:52:57 PM »
Wow.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2008, 06:54:25 PM »
alaska is the incest/meth capital of america.

I'm not so sure their judgment is sound.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2008, 06:58:18 PM »
Wow.

I just find it weird that you look and her and think she's excellent when a majority of the world looks at her and thinks she's marginal at best and a train-wreck at worst. 

what is it that you see that most other people aren't seeing?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2008, 07:04:15 PM »
I just find it weird that you look and her and think she's excellent when a majority of the world looks at her and thinks she's marginal at best and a train-wreck at worst. 

what is it that you see that most other people aren't seeing?

Think of it like being an atheist in a country where 80 or 90 percent of the people believe in God, and you're part of the 10 percent or less who does not.  I guess we could call atheists weird in that instance.     

In this instance, it's pretty juvenile to think anyone who likes Palin is "weird," for the reasons I've already stated.  She's not going anywhere.  She'll be a major player in the Republican party.  And she'll probably continue to do an excellent job leaning her state as governor, or serving the country as senator.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2008, 07:33:07 PM »
Think of it like being an atheist in a country where 80 or 90 percent of the people believe in God, and you're part of the 10 percent or less who does not.  I guess we could call atheists weird in that instance.     

In this instance, it's pretty juvenile to think anyone who likes Palin is "weird," for the reasons I've already stated.  She's not going anywhere.  She'll be a major player in the Republican party.  And she'll probably continue to do an excellent job leaning her state as governor, or serving the country as senator.   

Your profound cheerleading for Palin is just queer.

you don't just like her... you think she's excellent which is an opinion not shared by many people even among her supporters

Did you see that press conference today?  I've never seen a person talk so much while saying nothing.   She was mercifully pushed aside after only 4 or 5 questions.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2008, 08:58:04 PM »

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2008, 09:29:54 PM »
Your profound cheerleading for Palin is just queer.

you don't just like her... you think she's excellent which is an opinion not shared by many people even among her supporters
Regardless if Palin is excellent or not, regardless if she is smart has leadership qualities or not, saying that the view of her being excellent is not shared by her supporters is kind of ridiculous. She has the highest approval rating of anyone in the GOP, every poll shows that she is more popular in the GOP then anyone else. Whether or not she be a contender in 2012 is impossible to say, but she is as of now the most desired person in the GOP for that spot. Rasmussen has her at 70%

Did you see that press conference today?  I've never seen a person talk so much while saying nothing.   She was mercifully pushed aside after only 4 or 5 questions.   

That's the nature of politics and politicians at their best...every single one of them, lol! I didn't see Palin today so I can't speak on this particular event but if she did do what you're saying then she's no different from anyone in either party.

I mean come on, Obama just won the presidency by saying almost nothing for nearly 2 years.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2008, 09:51:41 PM »
Regardless if Palin is excellent or not, regardless if she is smart has leadership qualities or not, saying that the view of her being excellent is not shared by her supporters is kind of ridiculous. She has the highest approval rating of anyone in the GOP, every poll shows that she is more popular in the GOP then anyone else. Whether or not she be a contender in 2012 is impossible to say, but she is as of now the most desired person in the GOP for that spot. Rasmussen has her at 70%

That's the nature of politics and politicians at their best...every single one of them, lol! I didn't see Palin today so I can't speak on this particular event but if she did do what you're saying then she's no different from anyone in either party.

I mean come on, Obama just won the presidency by saying almost nothing for nearly 2 years.

I'm sure the view of her supporters is that she is "excellent"

I think Sam Harris called her a show pony

I would steal from him and add my own cruel and insensitive remarks and call her retarted show pony

I just assumed most people understood that

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2008, 09:58:33 PM »
People either love her, or hate her.

And less than 40% of America loves her.

She'll be irrelevant in 2012.  She's great for ratings now... but how many people donated big $ in 2008, only to watch the perception of her sink the campaign?  She might be a great leader, etc, but is she REALLY better prepared for the job than

Romney
Rudy
Newt
pawlenty
and a host of others?

Um, no.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2008, 10:26:34 PM »

there are probably a lot of people who like her or at least don't hate her and still don't support her in any way as a politician.

that's what makes  Beach Bunny so queer

he thinks Palin is excellent and "exactly what Washington needs"

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2008, 01:44:33 AM »

And less than 40% of America loves her.

She'll be irrelevant in 2012.  She's great for ratings now... but how many people donated big $ in 2008, only to watch the perception of her sink the campaign?  She might be a great leader, etc, but is she REALLY better prepared for the job than

Romney
Rudy
Newt
pawlenty
and a host of others?

Um, no.

Right now as it is I do like her and think she has a lot of potential. But as for her being exactly what we need or what the GOP needs, IMO it's too soon to say for certain. She's too new, and still needs to climb the political ladder and show everyone what she's made of.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2008, 06:08:37 AM »

She declined any help prepping for the Couric interview.

Was mccain holding her back then?

I admit the Couric interview was not good.  However, she was literally plucked from Alaska with no preparation for all of this.  She has not spent time pondering esoteric things like supreme court decisions she disagrees with.  She has been running a state and does not spend time of those things.  She has spent time on things like energy, budgets, etc, something ZERO has never done in his life.

ZERO, without his teleprompter, is literally unlistenable in an interview situation.  Not only does he speak in circles, but never tells the truth about anything. 

William Ayers came out today and refuted the lies ZERO told and said the Obamas are family friends.  It also came out that he admited earlier to having gone to Re. Wright church weekly when he said he never heard anything.

ZERO is simply a well spoken liar who knows how to say a lot of words without saying a damn thing of substance or meaning.  His first press conference was evidence of that.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2008, 10:03:36 AM »
there are probably a lot of people who like her or at least don't hate her and still don't support her in any way as a politician.

that's what makes  Beach Bunny so queer

he thinks Palin is excellent and "exactly what Washington needs"

lol.  Shouldn't you be off smoking your "occasional" joint? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2008, 11:56:02 AM »
lol.  Shouldn't you be off smoking your "occasional" joint? 

is that the best you can do?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2008, 12:20:47 PM »

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2008, 03:16:48 PM »

She may be the GOP hot ticket... but everyone who is not a card carrying Republican will never vote for her now.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2008, 05:11:43 PM »
She may be the GOP hot ticket... but everyone who is not a card carrying Republican will never vote for her now.

You may be right...only time will tell.

I don't think anyone would have thought that Obama would be president 2 years ago. No political expert would have ever thought that an extreme leftist could be president any more then a extreme right wing fanatic. But that's what happened.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2008, 08:00:03 PM »
You may be right...only time will tell.

I don't think anyone would have thought that Obama would be president 2 years ago. No political expert would have ever thought that an extreme leftist could be president any more then a extreme right wing fanatic. But that's what happened.
?