Author Topic: Ripitup...  (Read 12689 times)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Re: Ripitup...
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2007, 11:10:30 AM »
Yep, thats me.  And thanks for the nice comments.  I'm very excited for the show.  I competed about a month ago, so I've just been trying to maintain and work on some slight improvements for this show.  I will be about 5-6 pounds lighter for this show than when I last competed, so that is good.  As for this week, I'm pretty much just sticking to the diet I've been on.  It seems to be working, so there's no need to really do anything drastic (which is nice, because I've read about the type of depletion bodybuilders do the week leading up to the show and it does not sound like much fun).  For training this week I'm just doing some upper body circuit work and practicing my routine. 

I would definitely love to help contribute with training advice/discussions on this board.  It would be cool to get more people to post and become more involved here.

"tigereyes" placed second in her fitness class at Team Universe and earned her IFBB Pro Card.  Congrats to you and good luck at the Atlantic City Pro!!!!  I will hopefully be there cheering you on!

:)

tigereyes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2007, 02:22:45 PM »
Hey, Thanks Rip!!
I could not be more excited about getting the pro-card.  I was thrilled with just being in the top 5, and I was sure they were going to place me third, so when they called me for second, it was almost unreal!  But I was and still am so excited, and definitely ready to step up to the next level.
Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet up with you in NYC.  What a loooong and hectic weekend.  After pre-judging on Friday night I just wanted to get out of there and back to the hotel because it was so hot in the Tribeca center.  Then Saturday morning pre-judging was soooooooo long, as soon as I got off stage the second time I just wanted to go eat and then sleep, LOL.
But thanks again, and I can't wait to compete in AC!! And hopefully this time I'll get to meet you.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2007, 04:27:57 PM »
Nice Pics. That flip is cool.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2007, 06:56:01 AM »
Hey, Thanks Rip!!
I could not be more excited about getting the pro-card.  I was thrilled with just being in the top 5, and I was sure they were going to place me third, so when they called me for second, it was almost unreal!  But I was and still am so excited, and definitely ready to step up to the next level.
Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet up with you in NYC.  What a loooong and hectic weekend.  After pre-judging on Friday night I just wanted to get out of there and back to the hotel because it was so hot in the Tribeca center.  Then Saturday morning pre-judging was soooooooo long, as soon as I got off stage the second time I just wanted to go eat and then sleep, LOL.
But thanks again, and I can't wait to compete in AC!! And hopefully this time I'll get to meet you.

I have NEVER been at a competition or in a venue as HOT as the Tribecca was on Saturday.  I didn't attend Friday night, but DAMN, I was there from 9 AM - midnight on Saturday, and I was dying.  I cannot even imagine how it was for you guys being backstage and having all the protan, etc.  on.   :o

If we go to Atlantic City, we will definitely make plans to hook up with you down there.  It'll be a smaller show and less hectic, even though it will be your Pro Debut.  That sounds so exciting!   You clearly have the skills to do well, so good luck to you during the rest of the prep, and kick some ass!!

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2007, 07:20:51 PM »

I can totally appreciate your POV, and what I really appreciate is the fact that you acknowledge the hard work that is involved with competition and contest prep. 
Alot of guys prefer the softer, non-contest-ready look, and that's totally cool. 
(I personally like the lean, ripped, muscular look on women, I think it's pretty hot. ;))

I don't compete to "be pretty," as bodybuilding is not a beauty pageant, and figure really shouldn't be either.  However, I do prefer a more feminine, "pretty" look for female bodybuilders, and I hope that female BB heads back in the direction of the glory days when Cory Everson and pioneers like her dominated.

Keep in mind that most competitors, including myself, only look really "contest ready" for a few days.  I've already completely re-inflated since my last show, and even though I still look muscular and fit, I think I look pretty "normal."  I suppose that could be debated, but this IS a BB messageboard.

I compete in BB primarily because I LOVE to train hard, heavy, and intensely.  I love to lift weights, I love to have a lot of muscle, and I love to feel strong.  I always have.  BB allows me to put 110% into my contest prep and not hold back at all...it gives me a great sense of empowerment and accomplishment.

I love both the physical AND mental challenge involved with the BB contest prep.  I like the fact that the challenge of contest prep extends far beyond just training in the gym.
I love to wake up every day and look different than the day before.  I like constantly changing and always seeking to improve myself, physically and mentally.
I also like the feeling of waking up not sure if I can make it through another day, and then the sense of  satisfaction when I go to bed knowing that I did. 
As strange as it sounds, I love having a structured routine and regimen every day...waking up and knowing that I have to do x, y, and z at a particular time and place.  I guess I'm slightly OCD, as the contest prep actually provides me with a sense of balance and control in my life.  I feel more out of control when I am not prepping for a show and/or not on a specific diet and training program.

And if I AM going to go at it 110%, which I do, then I prefer to have an opportunity to get up on stage and have a few minutes to display my hard work and show everyone what can be accomplished through hard work, discipline, and dedication.  Quarter turns in a pair of high-heeled shoes does not provide me that opportunity. 

Bodybuilding is about going at it 110% and accomplishing something that you may not be sure you can, which is a great feeling when you do. 

RIP & Laura Lee are my SHeros! Well done Ladys! I would like to personally thank you both for keeping awesome attitudes and remaining true to yourselves amidst the haters! Both of you have inspired my lady and I can't thank you enough!

Hustle out poof!
W

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2007, 08:27:18 AM »
RIP & Laura Lee are my SHeros! Well done Ladys! I would like to personally thank you both for keeping awesome attitudes and remaining true to yourselves amidst the haters! Both of you have inspired my lady and I can't thank you enough!

Hustle out poof!
Awwww, thanks HM!   ;D
:D Weee

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2007, 09:00:57 AM »

Hustle out poof!

That's awesome, thanks!  Being an inspiration to others is incredibly motivating and inspiring to ME, actually.  It makes things more worthwhile.

And I agree, Laura is one of my SHEROES too!   ;)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2007, 10:44:30 AM »

That's awesome, thanks!  Being an inspiration to others is incredibly motivating and inspiring to ME, actually.  It makes things more worthwhile.

And I agree, Laura is one of my SHEROES too!   ;)

Stop, you're making me blush.  You know one of the reasons I transition is because of such wonderful inspiration as yourself.   :)
:D Weee