Author Topic: 2002 Mr. Olympia - Ronnie was damn "skinny", Cutler lost easy title.  (Read 4989 times)

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
Re: 2002 Mr. Olympia - Ronnie was damn "skinny", Cutler lost easy title.
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2014, 11:05:54 AM »
Am I the only one not at all impressed by 03 Ronnie? Everyone nuts over him but he lls to me, kibda like 97 Doz.... out of condition, holding water..... but 'he was huge' so everyone blows their load and points to his shredded glutes and arms.... but he has shredded glutes and arms at 7%bf..... his legs look water logged, bloated water logged stomach, skin looks like theres 10lbs of water in there.

compared to 98 and to a lesser extent 99 he looked like a bloated mess in 03, at least IMO.

Yeah, you're probably the only one not impressed with 2003 Ronnie lol. It's hard not to be impressed with a guy close to 300 lbs shredded. It may not be people's favorite version of Ronnie, but he looked good for a guy that big.

Also, I wouldn't exactly compare a 1997 Dorian to 2003 Ronnie. Dorian was a lot more bloated than Ronnie and he had so many torn muscles. Ronnie didn't have any torn muscles.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2014, 11:10:11 AM »
I was browsing pics of Ronnie today and came over this picture ( no homo), I know that he was lighter in 2002 but this pic shows how much mass he lost in comparison to his 2000/1 form. If Cutler competed that year ( anybody knows why he didnt?) he would take it home. Levrone was pretty close but he was not his 100% anymore.

his left calf looks very odd here

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2014, 11:22:17 AM »
Am I the only one not at all impressed by 03 Ronnie? Everyone nuts over him but he lls to me, kibda like 97 Doz.... out of condition, holding water..... but 'he was huge' so everyone blows their load and points to his shredded glutes and arms.... but he has shredded glutes and arms at 7%bf..... his legs look water logged, bloated water logged stomach, skin looks like theres 10lbs of water in there.

compared to 98 and to a lesser extent 99 he looked like a bloated mess in 03, at least IMO.
98-2000 Ronnie to me was his best. Add in the 2001 Arnold.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2014, 11:57:12 AM »
Yeah, you're probably the only one not impressed with 2003 Ronnie lol. It's hard not to be impressed with a guy close to 300 lbs shredded. It may not be people's favorite version of Ronnie, but he looked good for a guy that big.

Also, I wouldn't exactly compare a 1997 Dorian to 2003 Ronnie. Dorian was a lot more bloated than Ronnie and he had so many torn muscles. Ronnie didn't have any torn muscles.
torn muscles yes.. bloated Id argue. His waist was EXTREMELY bloated for Ronnie... his tight wasp waist was gone and was bulbous all around with a thick film of water. Just luckily for ronnie that his waist was so small to begin with, that when it bloated up it was still smaller than normal peoples. He was lean but he was not shredded and dry compared to his earlier showings.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2014, 11:59:53 AM »

I completely agree... His 98-99 version was far better, in 96-97 he was also very very good... In 2003 he was big as a house, but as you rightly said he was holding water and the distended stomach was out of control, his legs were two massive blobs... What's the point of being that big with that kind of bloated stomach? He was impressive for the size and the comeback he did compared to 2002, when a lot of people talked about a decline... He of course dominated, but his early versions were far better...