Author Topic: Summerslam results...  (Read 1340 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Summerslam results...
« on: August 24, 2009, 04:50:04 AM »
Orton pinned John Cena to retain the WWE title...talk about a f*****d up match with 3 or 4 "restarts".

DX pinned Legacy

Kane pinned Kahli

Jericho & Show pinned Crymetime

Christian pinned William Regal

Mysterio pinned Ziggler to retain the Intercontinental title.

C.M.Punk Beat Jeff Hardy to become Heavyweight Champ...after the match the lights went out, a gong played and when the lights came on where Hardy was layed out the undertaker layed. He sat up with a gong and chockslammed Punk with another gong turning out the lights and ending the show. Pretty good Chris Angel stuff there.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: Summerslam results...
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 07:31:01 AM »
I thought it wasn't a great PPV to be honest.  The Punk/Hardy and DX/Legacy matches were the only highlights for me, Mysterio/Ziggler was good.

The Cena/Orton bout was a complete joke, 3 restarts, a fan coming in the ring, Lillian didn't seem to know what she was doing.  Waste of time.  All that nonsense took away from some good wrestling.

Khali/Kane was painful to watch.  Kane is an awesome worker, but even he was hard pressed to sell the garbage Khali was giving him.  Why this was on one of the biggest PPV's is beyond me.

ECW title was another waste of time.  I read somewhere they were pressed for time so had to shorten the match.  Why not get rid of that O'Dell chick segment, or scale down the DX entrance?  When the first thing to go because of time restraints is the wrestling, then something's wrong.

The standout for me was the Hardy/Punk match.  These two really went for it, and I'm sure they're feeling it today.  Some amazing spots, especially the swanton on to the announcers table.  And Taker appearing after the bell was the icing on the cake.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 10:05:37 AM »
Maybe im easy to please, but i loved it. The orton/cena match was fun, kane/khali was ok and better than their WM 23 match. Legacy came out looking really strong. A really soild show. I was looking foward to the ECW match, but that was expected.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 11:17:37 AM »
I thought that Cena losing clean was stupid. There should have been some major outside interference or a DQ or something. They could have carried on that fued right until survivor series.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 12:15:56 PM »
Maybe im easy to please, but i loved it. The orton/cena match was fun, kane/khali was ok and better than their WM 23 match. Legacy came out looking really strong. A really soild show. I was looking foward to the ECW match, but that was expected.

I'm a bit grouchy today, so maybe I was a bit harsh!  Still can't understand all that stuff in the Orton/Cena match.  If they wanted to do something like that, they should have built it up over a few PPV's.  So in the first one Orton gets himself DQ'd, the next one he gets counted out, etc. then finally Vince appears at the third PPV and changes the rules each time Orton pulls a fast one.

Legacy did look good, I thought they looked a lot better than I've seen them before.  I've never really been convinced about Cody before, but he might have changed my mind now.  And I'm liking the push Cryme Tyme are getting, hope they can make the most of it.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 12:48:40 PM »
I'm a bit grouchy today, so maybe I was a bit harsh!  Still can't understand all that stuff in the Orton/Cena match.  If they wanted to do something like that, they should have built it up over a few PPV's.  So in the first one Orton gets himself DQ'd, the next one he gets counted out, etc. then finally Vince appears at the third PPV and changes the rules each time Orton pulls a fast one.

Legacy did look good, I thought they looked a lot better than I've seen them before.  I've never really been convinced about Cody before, but he might have changed my mind now.  And I'm liking the push Cryme Tyme are getting, hope they can make the most of it.
Personally, I've seen much better Summerslam events.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 01:27:02 PM »
I thought that Cena losing clean was stupid. There should have been some major outside interference or a DQ or something. They could have carried on that fued right until survivor series.
I think it kind of legitamized him a bit. He's always needed interference retain, I think pinning Cena clean made him a more legitimate champion. I think the program will continue. Who else is there to feud with? Mark Henry, MVP?