Author Topic: fluke 337 voltage tester about 500 dollars for accurate voltage measuremants  (Read 1234 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Will be testing blood and circuit breakers also some transformer coils to sleep in at night
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Testing circuit breakers is not a fucken game do you even know what your doing?
A

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
I once plugged a lamp into an outlet.  Does that count?
X

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
I once plugged a lamp into an outlet.  Does that count?
what if there is a problem do you have the wisdom to test out the circuit breakers with confidence

Do you realize your 3 prong outlet may lead u to beleive it has a ground wire but in reality just hot and neutral thus unsafe?
A

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
what if there is a problem do you have the wisdom to test out the circuit breakers with confidence

Do you realize your 3 prong outlet may lead u to beleive it has a ground wire but in reality just hot and neutral thus unsafe?

No, I never considered any of that.

I guess I should start thinking about this stuff more often.
X

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast

Half my tools have no wire connected to their ground plug.  The plug has the ground prong and then that just isn't connected to anything at all.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Half my tools have no wire connected to their ground plug.  The plug has the ground prong and then that just isn't connected to anything at all.
much of our homes has 3 prong outlets with just 2 wire and no ground , a surge protecter is useless on these as well, misleading homeowner and tenant all day
A

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Ewectwithity = therious bidneth

Dave D

• Getbig V
Testing circuit breakers is not a fucken game do you even know what your doing?

Lol

much of our homes has 3 prong outlets with just 2 wire and no ground , a surge protecter is useless on these as well, misleading homeowner and tenant all day

The surge protector, a decent one anyhow, is still covered by the manufacturer warranty though, although I'm sure it's a pain to claim the insurance.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
How can they have 3 prongs everywhere and just ignore 1/3 of the assembly whenever they want?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
How can they have 3 prongs everywhere and just ignore 1/3 of the assembly whenever they want?
they are greedy just run a god dam ground wire from the main
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Lol

The surge protector, a decent one anyhow, is still covered by the manufacturer warranty though, although I'm sure it's a pain to claim the insurance.
wont work if outlet isnt grounded
A

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!

because a ground is only required when a plug has an electrically conductive material that a loose wire can touch. if it does, it shorts to ground.

if it is plastic, then a loose wire cant short to the plug itself.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
because a ground is only required when a plug has an electrically conductive material that a loose wire can touch. if it does, it shorts to ground.

if it is plastic, then a loose wire cant short to the plug itself.

it will short out to the person or applaiance if no  ground during a surge

Theres a ground at the main but  you will find they skip living room groundwire

A metal box isnt a ground path
A