Author Topic: Finding the Positive  (Read 1138 times)

evacnam

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Finding the Positive
« on: January 24, 2021, 08:59:22 PM »
I'm enjoying working on finding positives no matter the situation. Makes life so much more enjoyable. Wasted so many years being negative. This is actually fun

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: Finding the Positive
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 09:15:03 PM »
Good outlook bro.............wish I was a bit more like that.

I should be counting my blessing which I do, but I still focus a lot on negativity.

I`m trying though.

evacnam

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 09:26:06 PM »

I should be counting my blessing which I do, but I still focus a lot on negativity.

I`m trying though.

Never too late....sure makes life better.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2021, 09:35:15 PM »
Never too late....sure makes life better.
I hear ya`......I`ve always been a pessimist for the most part unless thing are going great.

I think it has a lot to do with my anxiety disorder.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2021, 09:42:44 PM »

I`m trying though.

So if I get lung cancer, should I be "positive" about it?

And what of the 30x increase in gang violence in my city? Exactly what I spent years warning about.

The only positive thing I see about it is that I will be a citizen of Maine in 5-10 years.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2021, 10:10:15 PM »
I'm enjoying working on finding positives no matter the situation. Makes life so much more enjoyable. Wasted so many years being negative. This is actually fun

Try to do more than just “recognizing” the positives and you can expand on the good feelings in your life.

I try to do something everyday that is a positive for someone else without asking for anything in return. Sometimes even a random act of kindness can be uplifting to you and a total stranger.

Last week I returned soda and beer cans I have been cleaning up along a walking path near where I live. They were worth $240 in scrap metal. I donated the money to the local pet shelter to use as they see fit. It made me happy for the entire day. Sometimes humans don’t even have to be involved.

evacnam

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2021, 10:19:04 PM »
Try to do more than just “recognizing” the positives and you can expand on the good feelings in your life.

I try to do something everyday that is a positive for someone else without asking for anything in return. Sometimes even a random act of kindness can be uplifting to you and a total stranger.

Last week I returned soda and beer cans I have been cleaning up along a walking path near where I live. They were worth $240 in scrap metal. I donated the money to the local pet shelter to use as they see fit. It made me happy for the entire day. Sometimes humans don’t even have to be involved.

I do Les...or try to....that's all part of the process. It's a work in progress

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2021, 10:27:21 PM »

Leftists say this, but don't do it.

I believe you say this and also do it. So good for you for practicing this, and not just saying it.

I hope you don't get screwed over in the process of helping others, Les. There is one thing I do expect from people I do good deeds for, and that is respect. Failing that... I'd rather just do nothing.

Also, I find people are pretty entitled these days. And if you do repeat flavours for the same person, some sort of expectation effects come about.

Not that long ago, I gave a ride to an Indigenous man, after asking for a cigarette [which he did not have]. It wasn't long after that I had some concern for my safety. I think he was a solvent addict.

I have mounds of stories like that. I'd rather not help these days. Sounds awful, but that's how I feel after helping many people over many years.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2021, 10:34:09 PM »

Please do not take this personally, because I definitely was not thinking about you when I wrote this. I must be honest, as much as I believe in positive thoughts and actions, I find it difficult in a few cases to conjure up something positive to say or feel about certain folks...particularly those folks who claim they are being positive when there is no evidence of this and their posts suggest just the opposite.

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2021, 10:36:26 PM »
Please do not take this personally, because I definitely was not thinking about you when I wrote this. I must be honest, as much as I believe in positive thoughts and actions, I find it difficult in a few cases to conjure up something positive to say or feel about certain folks...particularly those folks who claim they are being positive when there is no evidence of this and their posts suggest just the opposite.

Don't give up, Prime. Take an HIV test and I'm sure you'll find something positive.

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2021, 10:42:45 PM »
I’m positively seething with rage. Fuck this!

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2021, 10:43:38 PM »
Congratulations. Good for you. Who would of thought? Now actually try really expanding in the good things in life...not just what "random acts of kindness" that you can boast about to try and feel better about your own life.

Sorry, you acting like a miserable old jealous kunt will have no effect on me.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2021, 10:47:48 PM »
I do Les...or try to....that's all part of the process. It's a work in progress

Yeah, for me too.

I was fortunate to retire very young, so I spend my time helping with animals (dogs) and the less fortunate.

I don’t think there is anything better to do with one’s time.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2021, 10:57:46 PM »

I believe you say this and also do it. So good for you for practicing this, and not just saying it.

I hope you don't get screwed over in the process of helping others, Les. There is one thing I do expect from people I do good deeds for, and that is respect. Failing that... I'd rather just do nothing.

Also, I find people are pretty entitled these days. And if you do repeat flavours for the same person, some sort of expectation effects come about.

Not that long ago, I gave a ride to an Indigenous man, after asking for a cigarette [which he did not have]. It wasn't long after that I had some concern for my safety. I think he was a solvent addict.

I have mounds of stories like that. I'd rather not help these days. Sounds awful, but that's how I feel after helping many people over many years.

Matt, obviously you must have your own health and personal security as a priority, but reaching out to people who need a little help can be very rewarding.

I’m not referring to the scenario where generations of welfare white trash are all living together in the same shitty house and cheating the government for welfare. I’m talking about good, honest, decent people who work hard and obey the rules of society and just need a little helping hand every now and then.

Sometimes it doesn’t have to be much more than walking to the front of the line in a grocery store and paying for a struggling family’s food. Do it because you can and because it helps.

Ignore the naysayers, their self-loathing comes from being losers at life. Don’t ever let someone else’s poor choices, lack of intelligence, or disregard for the morals of society effect you negatively. Karma is real and it works in strange ways.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2021, 11:10:27 PM »

Sounds like you found, hope.

Fuck hope.

It only leads to disappointment  in the end. Way overrated

Bet you hope I'm just kidding.

I'm not.

See.

>:(

evacnam

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2021, 12:58:34 AM »
I agree. There's always going to be people I cant get an ounce of positivity for. As long as they dont directly affect my life, it doesn't matter

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2021, 02:40:20 AM »
Don't give up, Prime. Take an HIV test and I'm sure you'll find something positive.

I know I shouldn't laugh at this - but this is brutal GetBig humour (sorry Prime)

T

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2021, 04:48:52 AM »
So if I get lung cancer, should I be "positive" about it?

And what of the 30x increase in gang violence in my city? Exactly what I spent years warning about.

The only positive thing I see about it is that I will be a citizen of Maine in 5-10 years.
You gotta play the hand that life deals you the best that you can.

My Cancer is not a positive thing but I have faith.

Since I contracted Cancer my new motto is:

"You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have"

Matt you would not have survived a year of my life even as a kid, never mind as an insane drug addicted depressed suicidal alcoholic criminal.

I changed my whole life by doing a 180 with the help of just 2 people who believed in me, and the desire to be a better person.

Pull up your skirt and tough it out...............you`re still a kid in my eyes son............you have plenty of time to change your fucking weird hateful outlook on things. 

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2021, 04:57:18 AM »

My eyes are bleeding after reading that horeshit

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2021, 05:25:43 AM »
180 was
360 puts you back in the same place
Blame the bleeding eyes
I stand corrected !  ;D

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2021, 05:57:29 AM »

The chance of you killing a woman is still 5 percent? Are you sure it is not 7 percent?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2021, 06:03:12 AM »
Realism in clown-world means being negative

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2021, 06:05:04 AM »
Those "mounds" of stories are brutally harsh and quite scary !   :LOL   'D

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2021, 07:34:47 AM »
The chance of you killing a woman is still 5 percent? Are you sure it is not 7 percent?

6.25%  (Matt likes accuracy)
T