Author Topic: So now we believe Doug Miller is natural  (Read 2712 times)

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
So now we believe Doug Miller is natural
« on: October 27, 2014, 08:59:50 PM »
I can see that pretty much everyone jumped on the "Doug Miller may be natural" bandwagon. I get it, Disgusted is respected guy here, so in order to get "accepted" by the collective you need to repeat after "alpha male".

I am not gonna pretend I know anything about bodybuilding in the US. But I think I know a thing or two about what guys in my home country take. I've been to competitions, I know some good guys in person.

It is pretty obvious to anyone that you cannot tell if someone is natural or not just by the way this person "looks" because certain bodytypes give you illusion of size. I get it. I will only go by competition weight and height. It is pretty much safe to assume that when someone is in shape, their bodyfat and subcuntanous water levels are so low that it doesn't matter anyone and the differences we see have miniscule impact on the scale. You know, you could be 0.5kg overweight and look like shit, et cetera.

With that assumption, everyone I know that has Doug Miller's mascularity or more abused drugs. Even guys who eventually became much, much bigger and made serious impact on INTERNATIONAL STAGE in IFBB (and yes, they are fucking drug tested in Europe) abused drugs to get to that level. By abuse I don't mean gymrat cycles. Maybe it wasn't insulin (but in some cases it fucking was) but they for sure were fucking far from "natural".

I also know couple of guys who are, allegedly, natural. None of them comes close. Also, from what I've seen Doug Miller isn't something unusual. Yeah, he is good because of his insertions, conditioning and stuff, but in terms of muscle mass he is nothing out of the ordinary among the "naturals" in the USA.

So what is the catch? Maybe air or food is different in the States? I don't know, "more advanced gym equipment"? :D

keanu

• Getbig IV
Re: So now we believe Doug Miller is natural
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 09:09:13 PM »
If Doug Miller is natural, he has better genetics then any Mr. Olympia. If Disgusted thinks he is natural (which I have no idea), how much credibility would he have? Who really cares about Doug Miller anyways?

dustin

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 09:19:44 PM »
Meltdown.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 09:22:22 PM »
great post

what a ways we've come since the gh15 days...

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 09:58:50 PM »
great post

what a ways we've come since the gh15 days...

Thanks.

I think every smart guy without personal agenda can see that same guys who parrotted every gh15's word now parrot whoever is current "guru" of our board. They are also usually more radical in their beliefs that the guy they "support".

C'mon guys, let's use some common sense, shall we? In gh15 era pretty much everyone with abs was on tren and everyone with any muscle was a drug abuser. Now it's the exact opposite. You don't need to be a fucking guru to know these things. If you lift for many years, competed in any strength or physique sport then just take people in your closest social circle, those you can trust and extrapolate what they achieved. You can come up with what is "achievable" and what is not pretty quickly this way.

Every single guy I know that has any above average muscle mass and hasn't taken steroids:

- does full body workout
 - uses free weights only, basic movements
 - above 10% off season (on getbig that is considered "fat as fuck")
 - some of them go up to 15% or more!
 - naturally "fat", "bulky", NEVER skinny twink
 - strong as fuck
 - eats a lot of food, diets down eating a lot and training like a mad man
 - stims and fat burners, a lot of them when in shape

In fact, it even applies to most of people with substantial muscle mass on low doses of steroids as well.

When I read about "lifetime naturals" who diets down on 1000 calories or fast paced, machine workouts I feel like the world I live in has different laws of physics than yours.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 10:02:58 PM »
I can see that pretty much everyone jumped on the "Doug Miller may be natural" bandwagon. I get it, Disgusted is respected guy here, so in order to get "accepted" by the collective you need to repeat after "alpha male".

I am not gonna pretend I know anything about bodybuilding in the US. But I think I know a thing or two about what guys in my home country take. I've been to competitions, I know some good guys in person.

It is pretty obvious to anyone that you cannot tell if someone is natural or not just by the way this person "looks" because certain bodytypes give you illusion of size. I get it. I will only go by competition weight and height. It is pretty much safe to assume that when someone is in shape, their bodyfat and subcuntanous water levels are so low that it doesn't matter anyone and the differences we see have miniscule impact on the scale. You know, you could be 0.5kg overweight and look like shit, et cetera.

With that assumption, everyone I know that has Doug Miller's mascularity or more abused drugs. Even guys who eventually became much, much bigger and made serious impact on INTERNATIONAL STAGE in IFBB (and yes, they are fucking drug tested in Europe) abused drugs to get to that level. By abuse I don't mean gymrat cycles. Maybe it wasn't insulin (but in some cases it fucking was) but they for sure were fucking far from "natural".

I also know couple of guys who are, allegedly, natural. None of them comes close. Also, from what I've seen Doug Miller isn't something unusual. Yeah, he is good because of his insertions, conditioning and stuff, but in terms of muscle mass he is nothing out of the ordinary among the "naturals" in the USA.

So what is the catch? Maybe air or food is different in the States? I don't know, "more advanced gym equipment"? :D

Yep, it's ridiculous. The same guys who were putting down others who claimed to be drug free, are now posting things like "I'm not saying that this guy is natty but that's easily achievable without any drugs"  ::)

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 10:23:18 PM »
"Natty" is such a stupid word/phrase started by douches like zzyz , Jeff Seid ,

"Hey brah, u mad? I'm natty or half natty" ::)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 11:24:26 PM »
Let me clarify something!! I never heard of Doug Miller before so when I posted the pics of him which were I think around 2010 I still believe someone natty can still attain that amount of muscle size in those pics. Just go back and look at the thread I look at those pics. Far as conditioning he dieted like a maniac. What he looks like now I would say no, he could however achieve that amount of size using over the counter steroids. Please read that last sentence carefully before making any dumb remarks.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 11:26:18 PM »
who knows/ cares what anyone else takes. is he natural? who gives a fuck. good for him if he is. good for him if he isn't. same thing w Simeon panda. who cares.

why does what other people think upset you so much? who cares. it's a forum. people are going to have opinions different from your own. that's crazy talk, I know.

half or better of GB doesnt train anyway so I don't know why your letting 'popular opinion ' get your apron in a knot.
b

Simple Simon

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 11:26:32 PM »
Let me clarify something!! I never heard of Doug Miller before so when I posted the pics of him which were I think around 2010 I still believe someone natty can still attain that amount of muscle size in those pics. Just go back and look at the thread I look at those pics. Far as conditioning he dieted like a maniac. What he looks like now I would say no, he could however achieve that amount of size using over the counter steroids. Please read that last sentence carefully before making any dumb remarks.
You mean just reduced his calories and ate clean.

Which is what most people do when they precontest diet.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 11:29:41 PM »

All your credibility is gone saying this guy is natural.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 11:34:47 PM »
All your credibility is gone saying this guy is natural.

Don't care about that. If you don't think that you can get as big as him as he was in 2010 that's not my fault blame your training methods or may your parents for you genetics.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2014, 11:37:35 PM »
You mean just reduced his calories and ate clean.

Which is what most people do when they precontest diet.

In part but only in part. I'd bet he doesn't allow himself to get out of shape n the off season. He also knows how to diet correctly to keep the fat loss going. I think I recall seeing some pics of him recently at around 12? weeks out or so and he's stage ready by most pros standards. Doing this for years on end will def make a difference when it comes to dieting for your next show.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 12:17:35 AM »
who knows/ cares what anyone else takes. is he natural? who gives a fuck. good for him if he is. good for him if he isn't. same thing w Simeon panda. who cares.

why does what other people think upset you so much? who cares. it's a forum. people are going to have opinions different from your own. that's crazy talk, I know.

half or better of GB doesnt train anyway so I don't know why your letting 'popular opinion ' get your apron in a knot.

Motherfucking THIS!

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 12:49:07 AM »
Train hard, say your prayers and take a good brand of multivitamin for the next ten years.

One day you might just wake up carrying more muscle and less body fat than many 70s legends. It's just about paying your dues in the gym and in the kitchen.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2014, 01:03:55 AM »
He's not natural. Disgusted was giving his opinion on if that could be obtained naturally not saying he was natural.

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2014, 08:44:36 PM »
natural as a penis in another man's rectum

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 09:44:29 AM »
I thought that "natural bodybuilders" were juiceheads with crap genetics that don't respond well to gear.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 10:40:17 AM »
I thought that "natural bodybuilders" were juiceheads with crap genetics that don't respond well to gear.

X2

I always thought you were "natural."

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2014, 11:33:21 AM »
natural as a penis in another man's rectum

Only unatural if you want it to be, of peace...

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2014, 06:22:27 PM »
"Natty" is such a stupid word/phrase started by douches like zzyz , Jeff Seid ,

"Hey brah, u mad? I'm natty or half natty" ::)
agreed, there is absolutely nothing natural about bodybuilding, overeating only to starve later,massive amounts of work with no physical product produced , gorging supplements in massive amounts so even without adding steroids to the mix it's still not natural by any means

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2014, 06:26:13 PM »
Also Doug is a fucking liar he's geared for sure , he not only lies to his "fans" but he's also lying to himself so fuck him , he's worse than piana in my book at least piana is kinda honest about his roid use