Author Topic: LA Lakers - Steve Nash Will Save The LA Lakers  (Read 281263 times)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
Re: Steve Nash Will Save The LA Lakers
« Reply #1200 on: April 04, 2013, 02:45:43 PM »
Kobe will end up probably the 2nd or 3rd greatest basketball player of all time... Will be tied for the greatest laker with Magic easily upon retirement.

I have to say Magic is overrated. I like Jason Kidd better, magic had no shooting talent, he was a skilled 6'8 player that could easily bully the smaller 6ft guards.

kobe has 5 rings, magic has 5 rings. I have to rate kobe as the better laker.
Magic was the nicer guy and always smiled etc but kobe is still better, his determination wills them to win.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #1201 on: April 04, 2013, 02:48:21 PM »
I have to say Magic is overrated. I like Jason Kidd better, magic had no shooting talent, he was a skilled 6'8 player that could easily bully the smaller 6ft guards.

Magic was the nicer guy and always smiled etc but kobe is still better, his determination wills them to win.

I do not have any disagreement with you. Many laker fans are so fair weather that since Kobe is not winning "now", that he must not be that great.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #1202 on: April 04, 2013, 02:57:09 PM »
I do not have any disagreement with you. Many laker fans are so fair weather that since Kobe is not winning "now", that he must not be that great.

absolutely.

I look at the whole career, and i always have kobe being better the magic, many people have said the same, i think shaq did as well.

i think lebron is better then kobe and jordan, i really believe jordan was overhyped, he did great dunks and went off on scoring sprees, but if you watch a full game when jordan was playing, he was simply above average, i know the highlights make it look easy but he like kobe needed many shots to score.

Joe dumars was pretty awesome too, he just never dunked. he just had a boring personality and not marketable.
I have watched many full length chicago bull games and im convinced jordan was just a ball hog, he still struggled to lose his man.

Lebron makes it look easy, if lebron wanted to he could score 50. he built like a chiseled statue.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #1203 on: April 04, 2013, 02:58:16 PM »
 James
 Jordan

Bryant

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #1204 on: April 04, 2013, 04:19:17 PM »

QB, I know you know your basketball, but Magic (and Bird) was one of the greatest passers to ever play the game. Magic could play 2-3 positions on the floor if needed, he was a far better player than Jason Kidd could have ever dreamt of being.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #1205 on: April 04, 2013, 04:34:41 PM »
QB, I know you know your basketball, but Magic (and Bird) was one of the greatest passers to ever play the game. Magic could play 2-3 positions on the floor if needed, he was a far better player than Jason Kidd could have ever dreamt of being.

Yes i agree,

Bird was great, i never got to see him play though but john sally did say bird was better then MJ.
Jordan had incredible speed and was vince carter, before vince carter was born...what jordan does now is the norm in the NBA.

ok regarding jason kidd, i love jason (in his prime) as a pure point guard, even though magic is bigger and could even defend all 5 positions, jason kidd was a menace, jason was a triple double king in his prime.

i have to admit i was to young to watch full games of magic and bird.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #1206 on: April 04, 2013, 04:36:51 PM »
what an hypocrit kobe is... wasnt he caught on camera shouting an homophobic slur months ago ?

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1207 on: April 04, 2013, 04:38:19 PM »
Jason Kidd couldn't shoot...great player though. Zeke, Stockton were better...

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #1208 on: April 04, 2013, 04:50:13 PM »
Yes i agree,
Bird was great, i never got to see him play though but john sally did say bird was better then MJ.
Jordan had incredible speed and was vince carter, before vince carter was born...what jordan does now is the norm in the NBA.
ok regarding jason kidd, i love jason (in his prime) as a pure point guard, even though magic is bigger and could even defend all 5 positions, jason kidd was a menace, jason was a triple double king in his prime.
i have to admit i was to young to watch full games of magic and bird.

Bird was close to the most fundamentally perfect player ever.

I watched Jordan in his prime in Chicago. Yes he was a ball hog, took a lot of shots, had a huge ego etc., but he never took a night off. Not one play of one game....ever. He willed the other Bulls players to greatness. What many people don't know about MJ was that he was as good on defense as he was on offense.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #1209 on: April 04, 2013, 05:07:43 PM »
absolutely.

I look at the whole career, and i always have kobe being better the magic, many people have said the same, i think shaq did as well.

i think lebron is better then kobe and jordan, i really believe jordan was overhyped, he did great dunks and went off on scoring sprees, but if you watch a full game when jordan was playing, he was simply above average, i know the highlights make it look easy but he like kobe needed many shots to score.

Joe dumars was pretty awesome too, he just never dunked. he just had a boring personality and not marketable.
I have watched many full length chicago bull games and im convinced jordan was just a ball hog, he still struggled to lose his man.

Lebron makes it look easy, if lebron wanted to he could score 50. he built like a chiseled statue.

Completely disagree.Every year but one Lebron has crumbled under the pressure of he playoffs, out of 3 finals he has won 1.Multiple times he has been knocked out by lower seeded teams.Multiple times he has not been the best player in a series.Jordan never lost in the playoffs to a team with an equal or lower record, was 6 of 6 in the nba finals and the best player on the floor for every playoff series he played in.

It doesn't matter about potential when you don't have the mind to continually overcome teams with equal talent in the playoffs when every game slows down to half court.When Lebron faces teams that are equally as talented as his and he is required to use other moves than drive right through his man and dunk or pull-up from 19 feet then he is lost.Any top 15 player of all time can look good in the regular season.The playoffs are where it really matters.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #1210 on: April 04, 2013, 05:10:22 PM »
lebron single handedly led a shitty cleveland team far many times... He proved his skill. It would be better for his legacy that eitehr bosh or wade wasnt playing with him in miami tho, if he had onlyone of the two his current domination would be impressive, but with TWO all stars by his side, it's actually diminishing his talent. To imitate jordan or kobe, he would need to only have one, either wade OR bosh, just like jordan and pippen or kobe and shaq/ kobe and pau. Bosh+wade+lebron is just too easy. They re flattening  the whole league way too easily at the moment.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1211 on: April 04, 2013, 05:13:32 PM »
Lebron has to get those rings then he can be in the discussion with MJ. LeBron disappeared against the Mavs in the finals, MJ always played big in the playoffs, how he made his name.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #1212 on: April 04, 2013, 05:28:48 PM »
Bird was close to the most fundamentally perfect player ever.

I watched Jordan in his prime in Chicago. Yes he was a ball hog, took a lot of shots, had a huge ego etc., but he never took a night off. Not one play of one game....ever. He willed the other Bulls players to greatness. What many people don't know about MJ was that he was as good on defense as he was on offense.

you nailed it right there sir! jordan wanted to be a winner, there was no twitter then, no facebook, he wasnt side tracked like lebron is with twitter followers..its a different time now.
I know heaps of people that paid there mortgages in under 10 years ( in the 80's) and not 30 years like they do now.

It may sound lame but i really believe that, jordan was already rich, Jordan was intense, even today he has no facebook or twitter or pininterest or whatever they sidetracks everyones life.

last year lebron said he stopped watching skip bayless, or any nba show, cause they all would affect him.

in Phil jacksons last year as lakers coach, every player ran out of practice to go to a reality show, go do a promotional engagement to increase twitter followers (Ron artest and Shannon brown)
even the 30 year old players are kid like today, tweeting (its ok to tweet, but not every 2 mins like ron artest does)

that generation and this generation are completely different.
Jordan was a real dude, now look at durant wearing a backpack and glasses with no lenses at press conferences.

Seriously NOW?

True Winner True MAn

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #1213 on: April 04, 2013, 05:58:10 PM »
  QB with the super high NBA IQ

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #1214 on: April 04, 2013, 06:16:24 PM »

To the rich go the spoils

This is how are real press conference is

now its this.

Lebron is still the better player, jordan was just a psycho and was in a era where the players werent that athletic.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #1215 on: April 04, 2013, 11:14:48 PM »
Dallas loses again. Lakers claim 8th spot.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #1216 on: April 04, 2013, 11:16:38 PM »
Fuck

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #1217 on: April 05, 2013, 02:10:47 AM »

Lebron is still the better player, jordan was just a psycho and was in a era where the players werent that athletic.

David Robinson was more Athletic than any centre now
Barkley was more athletic than any Power Forward now
Jordan was more athletic than any Shooting Gaurd now

As overall players the best from that era murders today's

Magic> rose
Jordan>Kobe
Bird=Lebron (this could change in the future)
Barkley,Malone=Duncan (peak Barkley was a far better player than Duncan though)
Hakeem>Dwight

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #1218 on: April 05, 2013, 04:25:32 AM »
David Robinson was more Athletic than any centre now  I have to agree, no centres today.
Barkley was more athletic than any Power Forward now  Poor example, how bout blake griffin or kenneth faried, you could of gone with kevin garnett here, but charles??
Jordan was more athletic than any Shooting Gaurd now Sorry, kobe, russel westbrook, joe johnson, durant

As overall players the best from that era murders today's

Magic> rose
Jordan>Kobe
Bird=Lebron (this could change in the future)
Barkley,Malone=Duncan (peak Barkley was a far better player than Duncan though)
Hakeem>Dwight

Im not agreeing to this at all.
Today is far more athletic then the 80's and 90's
Duncan is better then barkely and malone, no way is that a arguement, hands down duncan will destroy charles and karl. Duncan is the best power forward ever, i will even go as far as to say i place chris webber ahead of karl malone and charles as well.
what did karl and charles ever accomplish? O titles, not 1 ring. zip Duncan has them in his back pocket.

today were lacking quality centres and true power forwards, its fair to say Duncan is from another era as he is due to retire in the next year or so.

As for guards, the league is stacked, ok jordan could outplay many guards in his prime today like he did in his hey day, but dont think on every possesion he drove in an layed it up like the way lebron can, jordans weakness was to take him right side baseline and make him fadeaway shoot it. Phil jackson tweaked that for him with the triangle.

Jordan was a epic ballhog, he REALLY wanted to win, that will made him great. Kobe tried to emulate that, but falls short.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #1219 on: April 05, 2013, 08:05:34 AM »
Duncan is better then barkely and malone, no way is that a arguement, hands down duncan will destroy charles and karl. Duncan is the best power forward ever, i will even go as far as to say i place chris webber ahead of karl malone and charles as well.
what did karl and charles ever accomplish? O titles, not 1 ring. zip Duncan has them in his back pocket.

today were lacking quality centres and true power forwards, its fair to say Duncan is from another era as he is due to retire in the next year or so.

As for guards, the league is stacked, ok jordan could outplay many guards in his prime today like he did in his hey day, but dont think on every possesion he drove in an layed it up like the way lebron can, jordans weakness was to take him right side baseline and make him fadeaway shoot it. Phil jackson tweaked that for him with the triangle.

Jordan was a epic ballhog, he REALLY wanted to win, that will made him great. Kobe tried to emulate that, but falls short.

Show me a power forward that can do this today, and jumping is only 1 part of athleticism, Griffin jumps higher than Barkley but thats it.No power forward can match this speed, agility, ball handling, strength, arm length etc, while also grabbing 14 boards and 25ppg.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #1220 on: April 05, 2013, 08:23:08 AM »

As for guards, the league is stacked, ok jordan could outplay many guards in his prime today like he did in his hey day, but dont think on every possesion he drove in an layed it up like the way lebron can, jordans weakness was to take him right side baseline and make him fadeaway shoot it. Phil jackson tweaked that for him with the triangle. Jordan was a epic ballhog, he REALLY wanted to win, that will made him great. Kobe tried to emulate that, but falls short.

The Bulls dynasty teams would have sent today's Miami Heat team home crying in a playoff series. To even imply that Russell Westbrook could carry Michael Jordan's jockstrap is a crime.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #1221 on: April 05, 2013, 01:34:09 PM »
Show me a power forward that can do this today, and jumping is only 1 part of athleticism, Griffin jumps higher than Barkley but thats it.No power forward can match this speed, agility, ball handling, strength, arm length etc, while also grabbing 14 boards and 25ppg.

one specific play, shaq went coast to coast a few times as well, chris webber did the same thing and dunked on barkely. Charles was good but his not great, so he ran the ball from end to end? that vid showed me nothing,  he remained ringless. Charles was just outspoken and was jordans good friend.

Charles was a special type of player back then, he could dribble, and was athletic, but he was just shocking when it came to winning, no one mentions him when it comes to being a great athlete or winner.
I still have Duncan, Webber, Garnett over Charles. Everyday.
I even hold Dirk over charles, dirk had that amazing shooting touch, he is clutch, power forward who can dribble and shoot the 3.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #1222 on: April 05, 2013, 01:39:22 PM »
The Bulls dynasty teams would have sent today's Miami Heat team home crying in a playoff series. To even imply that Russell Westbrook could carry Michael Jordan's jockstrap is a crime.

I did mean athletically westbrook is just as athletic.

derek harper, joe dumars, vernon maxwell use to give jordan fits, and they probably smoked cigarettes before and after the game.

for the record, one on one lebron beats jordan. lebron is fast and stronger.
bulls dynasty teams would send any team crying, they sent shaq, penny, charles, magic etc absolutely i dont think for one second d wade could handle MJ and rodman/pippen would of mangled bosh and roughed up lebron.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1223 on: April 05, 2013, 02:14:10 PM »
QB gotta disagree with you, the game back then was tougher too and the rules were different like the hand checking rule. Imagine if Jordan played in this soft area, would average 40 a game easy.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #1224 on: April 05, 2013, 02:29:03 PM »
  Bulls won over 70 games twice. WHO else has done that?