Author Topic: LA Lakers - Steve Nash Will Save The LA Lakers  (Read 284826 times)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Re: Steve Nash Will Save The LA Lakers
« Reply #2200 on: October 16, 2014, 10:00:13 AM »
Random preseason observations.

Kobe looks good so far.  Competing hard on the defensive end. 

The injury bug is already hitting the Lakers hard......again.  Steve Nash hurt his back carrying a fucking bag. 

I like Byron Scott and his commitment to conditioning and playing defense but this team just doesn't have the horses to do it. 

While I like some of the young players we have, this configuration of guys is not going to be able to play strong defense or score enough points to win games. 

If Kobe is out there trying to win games by himself this year he's gonna get hurt again.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #2201 on: October 16, 2014, 10:01:21 AM »
Random preseason observations.

Kobe looks good so far.  Competing hard on the defensive end. 

The injury bug is already hitting the Lakers hard......again.  Steve Nash hurt his back carrying a fucking bag. 

I like Byron Scott and his commitment to conditioning and playing defense but this team just doesn't have the horses to do it. 

While I like some of the young players we have, this configuration of guys is not going to be able to play strong defense or score enough points to win games. 

If Kobe is out there trying to win games by himself this year he's gonna get hurt again.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #2202 on: October 16, 2014, 02:26:52 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2203 on: October 16, 2014, 02:35:31 PM »
LOL!

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #2204 on: October 16, 2014, 02:39:26 PM »
I don't count preseason games, but if i had to the lakers are looking terrible. The warriors have blown them out twice.
it will be all Kobe, he will go all out and get injured. He will not be able to carry this garbage team to any thing, He should of carried Nash's bag.
Steve Nash needs to be paid out, way to old.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2205 on: October 16, 2014, 02:43:43 PM »
These next 2 years are Lakers management saying:  Kobe thanks for all you did for us, here's a bunch of money. We know you can no longer lead this team to a championship nor do we have the guts to get rid of you so let's just enjoy tanking the next 2 seasons and then rebuild after you retire. Also nobody wants to play with you, not sure if it's because your skills diminished or you are a asshole.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2206 on: October 16, 2014, 02:52:34 PM »
These next 2 years are Lakers management saying:  Kobe thanks for all you did for us, here's a bunch of money. We know you can no longer lead this team to a championship nor do we have the guts to get rid of you so let's just enjoy tanking the next 2 seasons and then rebuild after you retire. Also nobody wants to play with you, not sure if it's because your skills diminished or you are a asshole.

kobe wanted to be the #1 paid NBA athelte of all time.  So he structured that 42+ mil disgusting contract so that he would make $100k more than kevin garnett, who is now #2 on the list.

He could have played for less like Duncan, gotten 2-3 mid range stars, and competed in the west, then taken a "winky-winky" job in management with Lakers for $2mil a year for the next 20 years to do nothing but attend 5 games a year and be on some "board" lol.   But he wanted to get paid.  He'll be on a crappy team because of it, but IMO they could squeak into a #8 slot.   NBA and networks and refs just love the Laker brand too much to let it be 10th in the west.  Either they're dead last and getting lottery picks, or they're #8 in playoffs.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #2207 on: October 16, 2014, 03:53:56 PM »
kobe wanted to be the #1 paid NBA athelte of all time.  So he structured that 42+ mil disgusting contract so that he would make $100k more than kevin garnett, who is now #2 on the list.

He could have played for less like Duncan, gotten 2-3 mid range stars, and competed in the west, then taken a "winky-winky" job in management with Lakers for $2mil a year for the next 20 years to do nothing but attend 5 games a year and be on some "board" lol.   But he wanted to get paid.  He'll be on a crappy team because of it, but IMO they could squeak into a #8 slot.   NBA and networks and refs just love the Laker brand too much to let it be 10th in the west.  Either they're dead last and getting lottery picks, or they're #8 in playoffs.

Kobe actually did take a pay cut.  Why should he play for 10 mil on a shit team?  Who exactly do you think LA could have gotten make this roster a championship contender in the next 2 years?  There's nobody.  LA rewarded him for what he's done.  Play for the fans and finish out your career.  The team knows as well as Kobe does that since the Chris Paul trade got vetoed they aren't winning shit for at least 2 to 3 more years.

Plus, the Lakers recently signed a 3 billion or so TV deal and the leagues tv deal went up by another billion.  Why should the league and the team get all that money while the talent that drives the revenue take huge pay cuts?

People just hate Kobe and want to shit on him for every little thing.  Whatever.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #2208 on: October 16, 2014, 11:15:24 PM »
LA had lots of money to give to a free agent, nobody wanted to go there. I'm sure it was because of Kobe's personality.
Kobe is smart for taking all that money, had he taken a pay cut it would of made no difference in talent.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #2209 on: October 16, 2014, 11:56:28 PM »
Time to start jumping off the bandwagon, LA Laker "fans"(who don't even live in LA)  ::) ::)  ::)

Grew up in LA and at times I can't even stand this team but tons of "fans" that like them don't even live or from LA and possibly never even been to LA  ::)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #2210 on: October 17, 2014, 11:54:59 AM »
LA had lots of money to give to a free agent, nobody wanted to go there. I'm sure it was because of Kobe's personality.
Kobe is smart for taking all that money, had he taken a pay cut it would of made no difference in talent.

You are correct in one regard.  LA had plenty of money.  They still do.  They are trying to patch a team together for a couple years and maintain cap flexibility.  Kobe taking an even bigger paycut would have made zero difference.  So why do it, to look like a good guy?  That's easy for the public to say when it's not their money.

Where you and I differ is why nobody wants to sign with the Lakers (for now).  It's not Kobe's personality, the team is a mess.  Dr Buss is gone.  His son Jim is running the team and doesn't seem to have what it takes to be a good owner.  They have very little proven talent.  They are on their 3rd coach in the last 3 plus years.  The only real, solid, all-star talent on their roster is Kobe and he's in his 19th year with a  devastating Achilles injury.

We are in the era where all the big name free agents want to cherry pick and stack the deck in their favor so they can win cheap rings immediately.  They also prefer to play in the East because the Western Conference is way more competitive.  Much better chance to get to the Finals in the East.  Ring chasing at it's finest.  Except Melo who couldn't say no to the vast millions that New York could offer him that no one else could.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #2211 on: October 17, 2014, 12:07:08 PM »
Grew up in LA and at times I can't even stand this team but tons of "fans" that like them don't even live or from LA and possibly never even been to LA  ::)

I'm close to LA and I've been to Staples Center many times.  That said, a real fan is someone who supports a team during good times and bad without jumping over to whoever is winning now.  I'd value a loyal Laker fan in Indochina over a front running local fan.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #2212 on: October 17, 2014, 02:31:39 PM »
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2235141-kobe-bryant-lashes-out-at-low-espn-ranking-bunch-of-idiots

Kobe Bryant Lashes Out at Low ESPN Ranking: 'Bunch of Idiots'

Kobe on ESPN ranking him 40th best player: "I've known for a long time that they're a bunch of idiots."

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #2213 on: October 17, 2014, 02:48:22 PM »
First of all, if you heard what Kobe said, it was hardly "lashing out".  Kobe's attitude about their rankings was that he couldn't care less and he said he won't be using it as motivation.  More sensationalist headlines trying instigate drama when there is none.

Secondly, the picture isn't current.  It was taken after he tore his achilles in 2013 and he knew he was going to be out of action for many months.  People so desperate to make Kobe look bad even if they have to misrepresent the truth in order to do so.  It's pathetic.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #2214 on: October 17, 2014, 02:52:54 PM »
First of all, if you heard what Kobe said, it was hardly "lashing out".  Kobe's attitude about their rankings was that he couldn't care less and he said he won't be using it as motivation.  More sensationalist headlines trying instigate drama when there is none.

Secondly, the picture isn't current.  It was taken after he tore his achilles in 2013 and he knew he was going to be out of action for many months.  People so desperate to make Kobe look bad even if they have to misrepresent the truth in order to do so.  It's pathetic.

so he wasn't quoted saying this about espn  "I've known for a long time that they're a bunch of idiots."     ??? ???

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #2215 on: October 17, 2014, 02:56:21 PM »
guess he didn't call the people of Los Angeles Stupid either, 

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #2216 on: October 17, 2014, 03:00:55 PM »

so he wasn't quoted saying this about espn  "I've known for a long time that they're a bunch of idiots."     ??? ???

That's not lashing out.  The press asked him what he thought and he calmly stated a fact.

There was no anger.  He doesn't care.  He's right too, they are idiots.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #2217 on: October 17, 2014, 03:08:24 PM »
guess he didn't call the people of Los Angeles Stupid either, 

Again, he was right.  Nothing wrong with what he said if you know the context of it.  Most people only read headlines or watch 10 second youtube clips so they don't know the context.   Thus they will see something like this and go, "uuuuuummmmm, Kobe called the fans stupid, OMG".  They fall for this BS, hook line and sinker.  Then people like you hold it up as an example that supposedly "proves" something about Kobe, God knows what.  It's a joke.  Phony scandals.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #2218 on: October 17, 2014, 03:17:20 PM »
I'm close to LA and I've been to Staples Center many times.  That said, a real fan is someone who supports a team during good times and bad without jumping over to whoever is winning now.  I'd value a loyal Laker fan in Indochina over a front running local fan.

Yes that's why there are so many clippers and dodgers fans all of a sudden  :)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #2219 on: October 17, 2014, 03:21:36 PM »
Yes that's why there are so many clippers and dodgers fans all of a sudden  :)

Crawling out of the woodwork.  Until very recently they were laughingstocks. Now everybody acting like die hards.

This is the nature of sports fans unfortunately.  It really brings out an ugly side to a lot of people.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #2220 on: October 17, 2014, 06:18:28 PM »
This Era is fucked, lets all join together and win, lebron bails as soon as he loses, goes back home cause he misses home, how fucking moronic and childish is that shit.
Kyrie is a injury prone, he wont last long, i doubt lebron will win in cleveland.
trust me, Kyrie Irving is injury prone as fuck and will miss many games and lebron will play 42+ minutes.

"Im coming home" FUCK YOU

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2221 on: October 17, 2014, 06:32:56 PM »
Kobe's done.  He doesn't care.  that urge to win is gone.  He's generation selfie.  He was the #1 paid player of all time, by a slim $100k margin.  That was his goal.  He's playing out the clock now.  I doubt we see the anger or frustration anymore.  Will probably just be a quiet average player, missing 1/3 of the games with injuries, showing up and getting paid more than anyone.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #2222 on: October 17, 2014, 06:37:03 PM »
Kobe's done.  He doesn't care.  that urge to win is gone.  He's generation selfie.  He was the #1 paid player of all time, by a slim $100k margin.  That was his goal.  He's playing out the clock now.  I doubt we see the anger or frustration anymore.  Will probably just be a quiet average player, missing 1/3 of the games with injuries, showing up and getting paid more than anyone.
His not generation selfie.
He will just play to pad his stats, he knows his team is the terrible. I forgot that gasol left.
Nick Young LOL.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #2223 on: October 17, 2014, 07:04:12 PM »
This roster is a fucking mess.  Who are these guys?

The Lakers do not have an actual center right now except for Robert Sacre.  Jordan Hill is starting at center and he is like 6'10.  I feel bad for saying this but Sacre is trash, he can't play.  Jeremy Lin(is injured) has his moments but he's a little inconsistent and he can't defend.  Nash (injured) his back again carrying his fucking bags and he's about to turn 41.  Rookie Jordan Clarkson (injured).  Xavier Henry (injured) is decent but he's missed a ton of games with injuries.  Wesley Johnson is that player who should be better than he is.  Ed Davis is decent but not really good.  Boozer I can't stand because all he can do is take mid range jumpers.  Ryan Kelly is soft but he can shoot......also (injured) right now.  Wayne Ellington?  Ronnie Price?  Roscoe Smith?  Keith Appling?  Seriously Julius Randle is their only real young talent but it's going to take him a couple years to develop.  Nick Young (injured) can get buckets but can't defend. 

We are fucked.  Big time fucked.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #2224 on: October 17, 2014, 08:42:09 PM »
This roster is a fucking mess.  Who are these guys?

The Lakers do not have an actual center right now except for Robert Sacre.  Jordan Hill is starting at center and he is like 6'10.  I feel bad for saying this but Sacre is trash, he can't play.  Jeremy Lin(is injured) has his moments but he's a little inconsistent and he can't defend.  Nash (injured) his back again carrying his fucking bags and he's about to turn 41.  Rookie Jordan Clarkson (injured).  Xavier Henry (injured) is decent but he's missed a ton of games with injuries.  Wesley Johnson is that player who should be better than he is.  Ed Davis is decent but not really good.  Boozer I can't stand because all he can do is take mid range jumpers.  Ryan Kelly is soft but he can shoot......also (injured) right now.  Wayne Ellington?  Ronnie Price?  Roscoe Smith?  Keith Appling?  Seriously Julius Randle is their only real young talent but it's going to take him a couple years to develop.  Nick Young (injured) can get buckets but can't defend. 

We are fucked.  Big time fucked.
are you just adding any fucking random names man??? who are these fuckers you mentioned, If you are pissed off imagine kobe's fury.