Author Topic: The Wild Physique  (Read 136339 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: the wild physique
« Reply #125 on: January 08, 2014, 02:55:40 PM »
 :o

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: January 08, 2014, 02:57:45 PM »
 :D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: January 08, 2014, 02:58:16 PM »
 :)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: January 08, 2014, 03:11:29 PM »
 :D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: January 08, 2014, 03:19:50 PM »
 :o

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: January 08, 2014, 03:26:26 PM »

poor Sergio had trust issues.  he would store his entire three piece suit in his posing trunks while he was onstage ;D

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #131 on: January 08, 2014, 03:33:05 PM »
Dudes used to look mind blowing - especially Ortiz... interesting bicep.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #132 on: January 08, 2014, 03:33:47 PM »
Great thread,lets keep this bad boy going! 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #133 on: January 08, 2014, 03:44:28 PM »
posted many times but worth repeating

AVBG

« Reply #134 on: January 08, 2014, 03:47:41 PM »
^ that pic of Zane is badass

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: January 08, 2014, 03:53:20 PM »

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #136 on: January 08, 2014, 04:07:52 PM »
They look a hell of a lot better than teh test tube bodybuilders of today thats for sure, no way I would pick up a magazine today and start training like I did in the 80s after seeing photos of Arnold Haney etc.

AVBG

« Reply #137 on: January 08, 2014, 04:09:14 PM »
They look a hell of a lot better than teh test tube bodybuilders of today thats for sure, no way I would pick up a magazine today and start training like I did in the 80s after seeing photos of Arnold Haney etc.
x2!

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #138 on: January 08, 2014, 04:10:43 PM »
Those old school plates I was talking about.....'deep dish'

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: January 08, 2014, 04:11:04 PM »
Same here.....I couldn`t wait for the new mags to come out back then,I`d hit the gym with a vengance.

These guys today do nothing to inspire me at all.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: January 08, 2014, 04:16:34 PM »
Those old school plates I was talking about.....'deep dish'

Yeah,those were cool.
Back at the old YMCA once I graduated from my basement gym,they had those deep dish plates and the old York globe type iron dumbells.

Fuck rubber plates!!

Where I train now,they have a rubber floor,with rubber mats on top of the floor,along with rubber coated dumbells that are simply way too big, and if you`re inclining the 100 pounders and get them as close to the floor as possible then lightly drop them,they freak out about making noise and dropping weights.

It`s a cinch they never trained heavy, and you know they aren`t gonna` pay for my ruined rotator cuffs by me trying to put the 100 pounders down as if they were a pair of pink dumbells.

Ridiculous.  :(

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #141 on: January 08, 2014, 04:19:39 PM »
These guys had INSANE hair genetics

many had INSANE toupes

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #142 on: January 08, 2014, 04:29:41 PM »
My first gym was in the basement of a Polish/American Club in Lawrence Mass.
All deep dish 45's...2 benches....one squat rack....one cable with a straight bar on it that didn't come off.
All solid canonball dumbells....40's up to 110's
One AM radio....one mirror  9" x 12"  :)
6 members.
First place I benched 6 plates...deep dish of course.

TheShape

• Getbig III
« Reply #143 on: January 08, 2014, 05:55:32 PM »
Fuck rubber plates!!

X2 I think they're scared of people getting hurt with them which is quite retarded. I miss those clinging and clanging of old school weights.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: January 08, 2014, 06:06:36 PM »
:P

Chuck Amato used to manage the weight room at the Matt Dishman Community Center in Portland, OR when I worked out there in late 1960's and early 70's. Apparently he still works at Matt Dishman and helps people train, particularly folks with disabilities. He's a great guy as I remember. Chuck and I are the same age.

http://portlandtribune.com/bnw/21-news/17938-chuck-amato-personal-trainer-and-former-competitive-bodybuilder-helps-disabled-and-elderly-clients-become-more-fit

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #145 on: January 08, 2014, 06:16:16 PM »
Danny Padilla had an amazing body. I met him briefly in Manhattan after a contest. All the bodybuilder pros I have met were so serious and he was all smiles after the contest. I like hearing his views on training how he tried HIT but even with heavy weights he made better progress training with 5 sets of 12 for every exercise.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: January 08, 2014, 06:24:58 PM »
Chuck Amato used to manage the weight room at the Matt Dishman Community Center in Portland, OR when I worked out there in late 1960's and early 70's. Apparently he still works at Matt Dishman and helps people train, particularly folks with disabilities. He's a great guy as I remember. Chuck and I are the same age.

http://portlandtribune.com/bnw/21-news/17938-chuck-amato-personal-trainer-and-former-competitive-bodybuilder-helps-disabled-and-elderly-clients-become-more-fit

I always loved the look of Amatos physique...nicely balanced with some of the best abs ever!

I have a disc that bb author Dennis B. Weis sent me with some great old articles and pics of Amato.

One thing I remember him doing was tying a rubber type of rope to a wall or door and then sprinting against the resistance it caused.

Kind of tough to explain and I haven`t looked at the disc in years now.

He also said you could eat as much popcorn as you wanted to eat when trying to get cut......I adopted this using air-popped popcorn and it works well.......creates a sensation of fullness combined with drinking water.

Great bodybuilder.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: January 08, 2014, 10:32:56 PM »
I always loved the look of Amatos physique...nicely balanced with some of the best abs ever!

I have a disc that bb author Dennis B. Weis sent me with some great old articles and pics of Amato.

One thing I remember him doing was tying a rubber type of rope to a wall or door and then sprinting against the resistance it caused.

Kind of tough to explain and I haven`t looked at the disc in years now.

He also said you could eat as much popcorn as you wanted to eat when trying to get cut......I adopted this using air-popped popcorn and it works well.......creates a sensation of fullness combined with drinking water.

Great bodybuilder.

My wife worked with a lady that ate almost nothing besides popcorn and carrots. She was incredibly thin. Sometimes her skin would have an orange tint because of all the carrots she ate.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #148 on: January 09, 2014, 09:38:33 AM »
posted many times but worth repeating
if u ever doubt the great 'frank zane'as a small bber or swimmer lol and call him small by some standards or your own 'build'to compare ,get lean or even close to shredded as u can ,snap a relaxed pic and then u realize how big he was and his 16/17 inch arms..to compare.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: January 09, 2014, 09:43:31 AM »
if u ever doubt the great 'frank zane'as a small bber or swimmer lol and call him small by some standards or your own 'build'to compare ,get lean or even close to shredded as u can ,snap a relaxed pic and then u realize how big he was and his 16/17 inch arms..to compare.
Exactly right,if people saw Zane in person in the shape he`s in in that pic,their jaws would hit the floor.

He wasn`t a monster,but he was damn near perfect,and at around 200 pounds of lean mass,he`s still considered by many to look like a swimmer.
::)

200 pounds of muscle on a small frame all the while being ripped,is far from puny.