Author Topic: Say what you want about Tom  (Read 2730 times)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: Say what you want about Tom
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2019, 02:38:04 AM »
Tom starred in several major movies that were considered theatrical successes. But even if you don’t like those early/mid 80’s movies, look at this list:

Magnolia
Minority Report
Eyes Wide Shut
A few Good Men
Tropic Thunder
Collateral
The Firm
Rain Man
Born on The Fourth of July
Last Samurai
Vanilla Sky
Far and Away
Jerry Maguire

Can you honestly say that he wasn’t at least ‘good’ in those movies?
Magnolia
Eyes Wide Shut
Collateral
Rain Man
Last Samurai
Far and Away.....

I liked these movies.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2019, 04:28:25 AM »
I can't wait for this movie to come out. When the original Top Gun was released, it made practically every guy I knew want to become a fighter pilot. It was a great moving for the time in which it was released (1986). Shit, I remember wanting to move out to San Diego to be able to live the way in which the movie portrayed folks (by the beach, in great weather, riding motorcycles etc).

A truly iconic piece of 1980's cinematography.

"1"

It is paradise.  Or used to be anyway.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2019, 09:58:47 AM »
... keeps getting loads of work even though his acting is not on an elite level.

LOL

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2019, 11:54:22 AM »
Tom starred in several major movies that were considered theatrical successes. But even if you don’t like those early/mid 80’s movies, look at this list:

Magnolia
Minority Report
Eyes Wide Shut
A few Good Men
Tropic Thunder
Collateral
The Firm
Rain Man
Born on The Fourth of July
Last Samurai
Vanilla Sky
Far and Away
Jerry Maguire

Can you honestly say that he wasn’t at least ‘good’ in those movies?

Never really liked him to much he tries to play the tough guy and its just not believable so its just over acting but I will says
Last Samurai  was fucking great right up there with movies like troy -- patriot --gladiator -- 300.. he showed a different side of himself
p

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2019, 12:25:22 PM »
I can't wait for this movie to come out. When the original Top Gun was released, it made practically every guy I knew want to become a fighter pilot. It was a great moving for the time in which it was released (1986). Shit, I remember wanting to move out to San Diego to be able to live the way in which the movie portrayed folks (by the beach, in great weather, riding motorcycles etc).

"1"

Did you ever got to Kansas city bbq and sit at the piano and play great balls of fire?  It's a block or 2 from Petco park

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2019, 02:39:46 PM »

"1"

This

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2019, 09:12:01 PM »
Handsome classic leading man with real acting skills.
BUT, he's heavily into Scientology and rather wacky values in his personal life.
Obviously I've never met the man, but his dedication to Scientology dogma is public knowledge.

He’s likely a nice fellow for real, but also very mentally ill (Scientology, etc.).

My impression is he’s about making movies 24/7. Like, nothing else. And helping to fund his cult.

Every woman with whom he’s had a relationship distances herself from him big time. His daughter, even. Or so it seems. But what do I know.

He’s starred in some awesome flicks and I look forward to Top Gun: Maverick. The original is pure cheese, but it’s a bonafide eighties classic, too.