Author Topic: Does natural Bodybuilding cause side effects?  (Read 3983 times)

Muscleboy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Does natural Bodybuilding cause side effects?
« on: November 21, 2006, 10:08:51 AM »
I have been lifting for 4 years and i have always wondered this.  Me and my brother (who is 13 months younger than me) always looked the same and were pretty close.  I lifted in high school (but not real seriously) and hes never really lifted till this day.  But i've suffered severe bouts with acne since i was about 15.  Im 21 and would still have major amounts of acne if i didnt take my medication.  Hes never had acne problems.  He's 6'2'' and im only 5'10/5'11.  My dad is 6'1''.  Im like the smallest guy in my entire family.  Also, since i was 19, i started to get a receding hairline.  Now, its pretty receded now (it looks like a McDonalds arch).  So i shave my head pretty close.  Hes 20 now, and shows signs of the receding but no where near where i am or was.  My question is, if i didnt lift, would all these not happen to me.  I am lifetime natural, no roids, no prohormones.  Only protein and creatine.  Would i be taller, not experience acne, and have more hair, or is this just a byproduct of genetics.

tomr1976

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Re: Does natural Bodybuilding cause side effects?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 10:13:02 AM »
I have been lifting for 4 years and i have always wondered this.  Me and my brother (who is 13 months younger than me) always looked the same and were pretty close.  I lifted in high school (but not real seriously) and hes never really lifted till this day.  But i've suffered severe bouts with acne since i was about 15.  Im 21 and would still have major amounts of acne if i didnt take my medication.  Hes never had acne problems.  He's 6'2'' and im only 5'10/5'11.  My dad is 6'1''.  Im like the smallest guy in my entire family.  Also, since i was 19, i started to get a receding hairline.  Now, its pretty receded now (it looks like a McDonalds arch).  So i shave my head pretty close.  Hes 20 now, and shows signs of the receding but no where near where i am or was.  My question is, if i didnt lift, would all these not happen to me.  I am lifetime natural, no roids, no prohormones.  Only protein and creatine.  Would i be taller, not experience acne, and have more hair, or is this just a byproduct of genetics.

Absolutely

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 10:28:48 AM »
its been known to cause wet spots on boxers...

anyone around here experience something like that?
its comin today

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 10:29:14 AM »
I knew a few nattys who would get acne on their back.  After many questions it was determined that the dudes would workout, jump from bench to bench without wiping them down and just leave when done.  No shower causes your already porous skin to absorb many staph germs that are all over the gym.  That would cause the zits.   The hairline is probably hereditary.  The only side affects from natural bodybuilding would be a lean, healthy body and muscles, if you're doing it right.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 10:30:27 AM »
Being a real man I don't worry about such bum fluffery's as hair and acne.
$

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 10:44:12 AM »

hahahahahahahHHAHHAHAHAHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

j3di3

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 10:57:33 AM »
training natural or not fucks up your ligaments in the knees, in the elbows you name it. i know many ppl who have been training natural for 10+ years who are now into their 30ies+ and most of them have some sort of injury or nagging pain in one of those areas. one can argue that if you train with proper form blah blah blah... bullshit its still the same no matter what, if you push your body to the limit you will face the consequences

Dorian 01

• Getbig III
  • Ronnie Rockel > Ronnie Coleman
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 11:19:01 AM »
The only thing that cures my acne is being single. Bitches cause stress. Also height can be stunted due to excess stress.
T

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 11:38:28 AM »

hahahahahahahHHAHHAHAHAHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You still haven't forgiven Muscleboy for owning you pretty good a couple of years ago?

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2006, 11:42:46 AM »

I think THE SHADOW would be the one to talk to about leakage. That kid is seriously messed up.

As far as the acne, receeding hairline, and stunted growth go. I can only assume that you have taken the all-empowering Cell-Tech/Nitro-Tech stack, in which case you are NOT NATURAL. No human was meant to be supplemented by such awsome scientificly superior powders.

Consider yourself lucky you're still breathing.
It's Hip to be Square!

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2006, 11:45:11 AM »

why would there be side effects if your natural, non-natural means you are using chemical or roids.
 :-\
are you delusional?

Muscleboy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2006, 11:46:47 AM »
I think THE SHADOW would be the one to talk to about leakage. That kid is seriously messed up.

As far as the acne, receeding hairline, and stunted growth go. I can only assume that you have taken the all-empowering Cell-Tech/Nitro-Tech stack, in which case you are NOT NATURAL. No human was meant to be supplemented by such awsome scientificly superior powders.

Consider yourself lucky you're still breathing.

LOL... ;D  I'll tell you what, that celltech is the only creatine i buy.  I tried alot of other cheaper brands and i always come back to Muscletech.  It sucks it cost so much but it sure works.  As for protein, i buy GNC.  Its cheap, taste's good, and at 20 g per serving, works for me.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2006, 11:47:44 AM »
My penis fell off after a monster 3 rep set of 115 on barbell flat bench. True story.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2006, 12:10:09 PM »
biggest side effects for naturals are: envy and wanted to be as big as Roid' heads
Get Big, or Die Trying

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2006, 12:14:46 PM »
biggest side effects for naturals are: envy and wanted to be as big as Roid' heads

Side effect: Blaming all the negative aspects of your body on not being on roids...Adam
Side effect: Fantasizing that you would be bigger than a pro if only you used roids...Another one from Adam
Watching The Haters

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2006, 12:16:07 PM »
Side effect: Blaming all the negative aspects of your body on not being on roids...Adam
Side effect: Fantasizing that you would be bigger than a pro if only you used roids...Another one from Adam

Sounds like Croatch, too.

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2006, 12:18:09 PM »
Sounds like Croatch, too.

Sounds like many naturals that bitch and blame not being on roids for their terrible structures lol...Grow up and use or don't use...Quit trying to point the finger at those that choose to do so LoL....
Watching The Haters

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2006, 12:20:18 PM »
Natural Bodybuilding is what its all about. Its great to look like a pro but personally I couldnt live dependant on gear to look impressive...as much as it would be awesome to look like that.. :'(

Only thing is training too young, and stunting your growth..as a Bio major this is not a myth, your growth plates will fuse and you will kill your height if you apply too much pressure on the growth plates at a young age...

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2006, 12:22:01 PM »
Natural Bodybuilding is what its all about. Its great to look like a pro but personally I couldnt live dependant on gear to look impressive...as much as it would be awesome to look like that.. :'(

Only thing is training too young, and stunting your growth..as a Bio major this is not a myth, your growth plates will fuse and you will kill your height if you apply too much pressure on the growth plates at a young age...

Yup just ask me I am a midget lol....
Watching The Haters

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2006, 12:24:22 PM »

do you have more info on this, and proof, cause i don't think it's all true.
are you delusional?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2006, 12:25:09 PM »
My penis fell off after a monster 3 rep set of 115 on barbell flat bench. True story.

LOL

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2006, 12:42:36 PM »
you should see how often they disqualify at these shows. some of these dude are on the juice
Get Big, or Die Trying

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2006, 12:46:29 PM »
you should see how often they disqualify at these shows. some of these dude are on the juice

I have trained with several "naturals" that have learned how to beat out a poly-graph test....Many of these guys are using Stanz. Test Prop. at least 6 months before their competition and lie their ass's off about it...The only reason I know is because a few them use to get it from me...LoL...
Watching The Haters

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2006, 12:50:50 PM »
I have trained with several "naturals" that have learned how to beat out a poly-graph test....Many of these guys are using Stanz. Test Prop. at least 6 months before their competition and lie their ass's off about it...The only reason I know is because a few them use to get it from me...LoL...

TRUE. I was reading a natural bodybuilding mag, and they had a discussion on how many guys are not so-natural. the shit that they're doing, and got away with sometime. but from the look of these guys, sometime I got really suspicious
Get Big, or Die Trying