Author Topic: Question about US law enforcement  (Read 2646 times)

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
Question about US law enforcement
« on: January 23, 2018, 02:38:46 PM »
Say there's a major crime or incident. Local police turn up, then county police turn up then state police, then here come the FBI, then the CIA, the DEA and finally the secret service.
Who exactly is in charge of such a cluster fuck? Is it the FBI?

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
Re: Question about US law enforcement
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 02:55:16 PM »
this guy

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 03:05:54 PM »
Say there's a major crime or incident. Local police turn up, then county police turn up then state police, then here come the FBI, then the CIA, the DEA and finally the secret service.
Who exactly is in charge of such a cluster fuck? Is it the FBI?

I guess it would matter what type of crime occurred. If it was a Federal crime, then I assume the FBI or other government organization would have jurisdiction.

The FBI does have jurisdiction over certain kidnapping cases:

1034. Kidnapping—Federal Jurisdiction

Federal jurisdiction over kidnapping extends to the following situations: (1) kidnapping in which the victim is willfully transported in interstate or foreign commerce; (2) kidnapping within the special maritime and territorial jurisdiction of the United States; (3) kidnapping within the special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States; (4) kidnapping in which the victim is a foreign official, an internationally protected person, or an official guest as those terms are defined in 18 U.S.C. § 1116(b); (5) kidnapping in which the victim is a Federal officer or employee designated in 18 U.S.C. §  1114; and (6) international parental kidnapping in which the victim is a child under the age of 16 years.

This may help:

To dispel some myths about the FBI, here are some things that it doesn't do:

--It is not a national police force; state and local law enforcement agencies are not subservient to the FBI. It's simply a different jurisdiction for different kinds of crimes.
--It doesn't "take over" cases from local agencies. If a crime partly involves FBI jurisdiction, or if it is serious enough to require FBI involvement, then the FBI forms a task force in which agents will work closely with state and local police.
--The FBI does not prosecute cases. It provides investigative information to United States attorneys, who then use that information to decide whether to prosecute.

Further:

Crimes that specifically fall under FBI jurisdiction include those in which the criminal crossed state lines, violations of federal controlled substance laws, and other violations of federal laws.

X

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 03:07:55 PM »
Depends on the crime. Usually fbi/dci (dept of criminal investigation.. Aka the fbi in some states. For example when I was questioned about something that happened on an Indian Reservation it was by DCI. Not local pds). Secret service deals with money/currency/financial shit as well as govt members/pres security.

It'd be a unique situation if you got busted by local pd, then the sheriff's showed up, then DEA showed up, along with ATF, followed by US Marshals, along with DHS and ICE, followed by Secret Service , Etc...

For all of them to show up let's see if I can do this, you would need to be Manufacturing methamphetamine with imported chemicals from terrorists in another country paid for in part by child pronography, using the telephone to coordinate orders and shipments, accepting payments 4 whatever using Western Union with fake IDs, using that money to buy more counterfeit money and using the counterfeit money to buy AR-15s and shipping them to Mexico to known Norcos, all while having active federal conspiracy warrants.

CIA doesn't arrest people.

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 03:57:28 PM »
I’ve heard stories where the CIA has literally told the FBI to get the fuck out when on scene

They don’t like each other   

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 05:17:52 PM »
I guess it would matter what type of crime occurred. If it was a Federal crime, then I assume the FBI or other government organization would have jurisdiction.

The FBI does have jurisdiction over certain kidnapping cases:

1034. Kidnapping—Federal Jurisdiction

Federal jurisdiction over kidnapping extends to the following situations: (1) kidnapping in which the victim is willfully transported in interstate or foreign commerce; (2) kidnapping within the special maritime and territorial jurisdiction of the United States; (3) kidnapping within the special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States; (4) kidnapping in which the victim is a foreign official, an internationally protected person, or an official guest as those terms are defined in 18 U.S.C. § 1116(b); (5) kidnapping in which the victim is a Federal officer or employee designated in 18 U.S.C. §  1114; and (6) international parental kidnapping in which the victim is a child under the age of 16 years.

This may help:

To dispel some myths about the FBI, here are some things that it doesn't do:

--It is not a national police force; state and local law enforcement agencies are not subservient to the FBI. It's simply a different jurisdiction for different kinds of crimes.
--It doesn't "take over" cases from local agencies. If a crime partly involves FBI jurisdiction, or if it is serious enough to require FBI involvement, then the FBI forms a task force in which agents will work closely with state and local police.
--The FBI does not prosecute cases. It provides investigative information to United States attorneys, who then use that information to decide whether to prosecute.

Further:

Crimes that specifically fall under FBI jurisdiction include those in which the criminal crossed state lines, violations of federal controlled substance laws, and other violations of federal laws.

Are those things you see in american movies not true then? :D

Does it ever happen that FBI comes on the scene and tells the local police "We're taking over from here?" :D

Does it ever happen that CIA comes on the scene and tells FBI to scram? :D

Darren asked an interesting question earlier.

Let's say Shizzo drunkdrives right into Hillary Clinton's car in Ohio.

"Local police turn up, then county police turn up then state police, then here come the FBI, then the CIA, the DEA and finally the secret service.

Who exactly is in charge of such a cluster fuck?"
Q

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 05:24:42 PM »
I’ve heard stories where the CIA has literally told the FBI to get the fuck out when on scene

Yep, like EFS said it depends on the crime but ultimately the CIA rules over everyone.

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 05:27:25 PM »
Don’t forget ATF

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 05:31:35 PM »
DSS also for international cases.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 05:32:42 PM »
Yep, like EFS said it depends on the crime but ultimately the CIA rules over everyone.

Unless it's in a national park.  Then it belongs to Parks and Forestry agents aka The Men in Green.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 05:38:40 PM »
Unless it's in a national park.  Then it belongs to Parks and Forestry agents aka The Men in Green.

What if there was an assassination attempt on the Potus in a national park?

Q

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2018, 05:48:09 PM »

Is this a joke?! CIA is not a law enforcement agency in any way, shape or form.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2018, 05:51:22 PM »
I’ve watched stories on NCIS where the CIA has literally told the FBI to get the fuck out when on scene

fixed.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2018, 05:53:30 PM »
Are those things you see in american movies not true then? :D

Does it ever happen that FBI comes on the scene and tells the local police "We're taking over from here?" :D

Does it ever happen that CIA comes on the scene and tells FBI to scram? :D

Darren asked an interesting question earlier.

Let's say Shizzo drunkdrives right into Hillary Clinton's car in Ohio.

"Local police turn up, then county police turn up then state police, then here come the FBI, then the CIA, the DEA and finally the secret service.

Who exactly is in charge of such a cluster fuck?"

Yes, all the time!
X

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2018, 05:56:08 PM »
The CIA cannot operate on US soil.

This is public knowledge.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2018, 05:58:55 PM »
The CIA cannot operate on US soil.

This is public knowledge.

That's not accurate either. Jeez.

woodman

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2018, 06:20:23 PM »
usually if FBI is taking over,its because its a federal crime....one nite I was driving in a marked police car,turned the corner and staring me in the face was a 5-0 female armed with an assault rifle-at her feet was a dead male who was bleeding out of numerous holes...she had an DEA raid jacket on and as we exited our car another male came over to us,identified himself as the DEA in charge-gave me a buisness card and said we could contact him at his office..ambulance showed up-pronounced the body..all DEA got in vehicles and left. My Sgt responds and asks what happened,witnesses,who the shooters were..give him the card..tell him about the raid jackets and laugh.....was called to court a while later..didnt have much to add just had to ID the body...was a big multi kilo buy and bust that went bad when Mr leaky man tried robbing the undercover DEA guy

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2018, 06:24:38 PM »
usually if FBI is taking over,its because its a federal crime....one nite I was driving in a marked police car,turned the corner and staring me in the face was a 5-0 female armed with an assault rifle-at her feet was a dead male who was bleeding out of numerous holes...she had an DEA raid jacket on and as we exited our car another male came over to us,identified himself as the DEA in charge-gave me a buisness card and said we could contact him at his office..ambulance showed up-pronounced the body..all DEA got in vehicles and left. My Sgt responds and asks what happened,witnesses,who the shooters were..give him the card..tell him about the raid jackets and laugh.....was called to court a while later..didnt have much to add just had to ID the body...was a big multi kilo buy and bust that went bad when Mr leaky man tried robbing the undercover DEA guy

Feds ::)

Where did you work?

woodman

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2018, 06:29:55 PM »
South Bronx

woodman

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2018, 06:41:07 PM »
another case....see guy driving a shitbox of a car,rear window is down in pouring rain...pull car over(actually was in plainclothes and blocked him in traffic) window was busted out,steering column broken,screwdriver in keyhole...yank him out,run Vin-comes back stolen..proceed to transport to precint....filling out interview sheet and checking his property..he has a wad of cash(thousands)..look at the bills-notice something off-find out they are counterfeit us currency..notify Secret Service who are in charge of counterfeiting...they send an agent down-who interviews my arrest,confer with DA...take case and they drop the stolen car charge(state charges) and prosecute the federal...didnt argue it was all part of the game....FEDS will usually take charge and CAN when it is a FEDERAL CRIME

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2018, 06:53:18 PM »
another case....see guy driving a shitbox of a car,rear window is down in pouring rain...pull car over(actually was in plainclothes and blocked him in traffic) window was busted out,steering column broken,screwdriver in keyhole...yank him out,run Vin-comes back stolen..proceed to transport to precint....filling out interview sheet and checking his property..he has a wad of cash(thousands)..look at the bills-notice something off-find out they are counterfeit us currency..notify Secret Service who are in charge of counterfeiting...they send an agent down-who interviews my arrest,confer with DA...take case and they drop the stolen car charge(state charges) and prosecute the federal...didnt argue it was all part of the game....FEDS will usually take charge and CAN when it is a FEDERAL CRIME

White shield plain clothes?

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2018, 06:59:49 PM »

Feds nearly always supercede state charges. Guy gets busted having a c.I. come to his house to purchase 5 bottles of testosterone and 2 tren. Cops get a warrant, search the house and find to used bottle top sterile filters, along with two boxes of unopened sterile filters, a box of unopened 10 mL sterile vials, Capper/crimpers, all the goodies, etc, in addition to unopened 3 or 400 packages of anavar and masteron. Seize his phone and computer and check his mailbox. Find another unopened box of 100 grams Dianabol powder, and email to and from his raw supplier supplier in another country, and telephone calls to a guy in another state who has prior arrests for possession and distribution of a controlled substance.

Etc etc etc... Suddenly the simple state charges all of distribution and possession with intent/possession and sales (or even state conspiracy charges) turn into a fed case like the state charges never happened.  Hell, even one pound of meth can turn into a fed charge, even if its less overall time.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2018, 07:32:41 PM »

Why didn't he use the counterfeit money to buy himself a car?

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2018, 07:42:23 PM »

What was your probable cause for pulling him over (blocking him in in plain clothes no less)?

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2018, 08:19:01 PM »
Simplest way to explain them is; police are in cities, sheriff's are County police, and FBI are national police.  if you are a minority, your best bet is probably fbi b/c they are more educated. local police are ignorant and will probably shot you in the back.