Author Topic: How many hundreds of rounds did cops fire at the bombers?  (Read 19518 times)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Re: How many hundreds of rounds did cops fire at the bombers?
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2013, 06:37:01 PM »
I think that charges should be brought against the police officers for using excessive force in the apprehension of the boston bombing suspects.

I disagree with this post but I stongly agree with dat ass in your avatar.  Well done, sir. 

Carry on.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2013, 04:51:57 AM »
this is the point of the thread fundy libtards...

if feinstein, obama et al want us to be "assault rifle" less why not the police with who we face the same threats?

I'm not for restricting magazines, or assault rifles, the horses left that barn years ago. But I still see the blaring difference between what the police need vs the public. The police are duty bound, obligated, expected to confront as part of their job, gun toting criminals on a daily basis. The average citizen is not. The odds are extremely high they will encounter deadly situations, for the average joe, not so much. For the vast majority, I'd say 99.9 percent of the time a hand gun or a shotgun (home defense) is more than adequate for the average joe, for the cop, that percentage drops just by the very nature of the job.     

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2013, 07:08:00 AM »
I'm not for restricting magazines, or assault rifles, the horses left that barn years ago. But I still see the blaring difference between what the police need vs the public. The police are duty bound, obligated, expected to confront as part of their job, gun toting criminals on a daily basis. The average citizen is not. The odds are extremely high they will encounter deadly situations, for the average joe, not so much. For the vast majority, I'd say 99.9 percent of the time a hand gun or a shotgun (home defense) is more than adequate for the average joe, for the cop, that percentage drops just by the very nature of the job.     

Bullshit.

The police are NOT bound by anything to protect the public.

Court cases have said so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2013, 07:14:46 AM »
Bullshit.

The police are NOT bound by anything to protect the public.

Court cases have said so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia

Don't be silly.. I am aware of that case law and understand why it's there.. my point is still valid. If you are arguing police on a routine basis DON't confront the bad guys, I'd like to hear your evidence.  You and I both know they do

Dude, you're better than that..

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2013, 07:17:26 AM »
Don't be silly.. I am aware of that case law and understand why it's there.. my point is still valid. If you are arguing police on a routine basis DON't confront the bad guys, I'd like to hear your evidence.  You and I both know they do

Dude, you're better than that..
I can take you straight to places that if a gun disturbance is reported, the local police will NOT go into the neighborhood.

Period.

You're better than to act like you don't know it happens.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2013, 07:24:47 AM »
I can take you straight to places that if a gun disturbance is reported, the local police will NOT go into the neighborhood.

Period.

You're better than to act like you don't know it happens.

I feel we are heading down a rabbit trail so I'll put us back on point... Citizens need for various weaponry verses police needs for weaponry. You say the same or different? Militarys need for various weaponry vs Citizens, Same or different?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2013, 07:33:59 AM »
I feel we are heading down a rabbit trail so I'll put us back on point... Citizens need for various weaponry verses police needs for weaponry. You say the same or different? Militarys need for various weaponry vs Citizens, Same or different?

I say same in all cases. The point is for the Citizens to be able to take up arms against an oppressive government.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2013, 07:35:31 AM »
I say same in all cases. The point is for the Citizens to be able to take up arms against an oppressive government.

an oppressive government has tanks, rocket launchers and nuclear weapons. IT sounds like you advocate joe citizen should have the right to own those..

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2013, 07:35:54 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2013, 07:36:56 AM »
an oppressive government has tanks, rocket launchers and nuclear weapons. IT sounds like you advocate joe citizen should have the right to own those..

LOL - Obama apparently believes in that right?  He is arming syrian rebels to take over their govt, armed libyan rebels to take over their govt, gave money to egyptian rebels to take over their govt, etc. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2013, 07:37:54 AM »
LOL - Obama apparently believes in that right?  He is arming syrian rebels to take over their govt, armed libyan rebels to take over their govt, gave money to egyptian rebels to take over their govt, etc. 

we're not talking Obama at the moment..

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2013, 07:48:08 AM »

Bullshit * 2.  Talk about putting yourself on a pedestal.

In addition to what Tu said about you are not obligated, the average Joe usually runs into the criminal first.

You are reactionary.  To suggest you are in greater danger is utter nonsense.  Far more average Joes getting murdered than cops.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2013, 07:51:37 AM »

Bullshit * 2.  Talk about putting yourself on a pedestal.

In addition to what Tu said about you are not obligated, the average Joe usually runs into the criminal first.

You are reactionary.  To suggest you are in greater danger is utter nonsense.  Far more average Joes getting murdered than cops.

I call bullshit on your bullshit.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2013, 07:51:45 AM »

I do.

Joe citizen SHOULD be able to.

Why wouldn't he? You trust people in the government more than you trust your neighbor? Oh wait... You are in the government... Of course you want to take the rights of the people away.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2013, 07:52:33 AM »
I do.

Joe citizen SHOULD be able to.

Why wouldn't he? You trust people in the government more than you trust your neighbor? Oh wait... You are in the government... Of course you want to take the rights of the people away.

I'm not the government, I'm common sense

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2013, 07:53:45 AM »

LOL - the founders obviously faced overwhelming odds and firepower and had to overthrow the govt.   Didnt stop them.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2013, 07:55:24 AM »

You're not a government employee? Your entire livelihood is not due to taxes?

WHAT?!?!?!

You volunteer as a police officer for FREE you say?!?!?!

You're saying that me owning a tank is a lack of common sense somehow? Or me owning whatever weaponry YOU can carry is against commonsense?

How so?

You will have to explain why you feel you should be able to do something that I am not. Last I looked we were both human beings and citizens of the same country.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2013, 07:57:44 AM »
You're not a government employee? Your entire livelihood is not due to taxes?

WHAT?!?!?!

You volunteer as a police officer for FREE you say?!?!?!

You're saying that me owning a tank is a lack of common sense somehow? Or me owning whatever weaponry YOU can carry is against commonsense?

How so?

You will have to explain why you feel you should be able to do something that I am not. Last I looked we were both human beings and citizens of the same country.

You and I have different roles. I don't carry around shoulder pads and a football helmet.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2013, 07:58:39 AM »
You and I have different roles. I don't carry around shoulder pads and a football helmet.

The defense of ones self against tyranny is not a "job", it's a right granted to me by the constitution. Playing football is not.

Your argument is extremely stupid.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2013, 08:02:13 AM »
The defense of ones self against tyranny is not a "job", it's a right granted to me by the constitution. Playing football is not.

Your argument is extremely stupid.

about as stupid as yours that the average citizen should be as well armed as the average soldier

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2013, 08:03:06 AM »
about as stupid as yours that the average citizen should be as well armed as the average soldier

Average soldier has a side arm and a rifle right? 

Is the average soldier issued a M60, bazooka, c4, etc?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2013, 08:05:54 AM »
Average soldier has a side arm and a rifle right? 

Is the average soldier issued a M60, bazooka, c4, etc?

flak vest, helmet, automatic weapon ...........if the argument is to hold true, the the average citizen should travel around town and go to work carrying what the average soldier carries since the danger and reasons for being armed are the same.

Tu's argument was actually including nuclear weapons, tanks and rocket launchers..

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2013, 08:07:30 AM »
flak vest, helmet, automatic weapon ...........if the argument is to hold true, the the average citizen should travel around town and go to work carrying what the average soldier carries since the danger and reasons for being armed are the same.

Tu's argument was actually including nuclear weapons, tanks and rocket launchers..

What is wrong w a flak vest and a helmet? 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2013, 08:07:35 AM »

How so?

Mine is constitutionally protected. Yours is a "feeling".

So explain yourself. I have a constitution. You know, the base law of the US... What the fuck do you have?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2013, 08:08:56 AM »

No buffoon... They are not the same. I said own... I didn't say walk around with it. The point, yet again, that you are refusing to realize is the ABILITY TO RISE UP AGAINST TYRANNY.

I didn't say you should be able to open carry a god damn rocket launcher, but if shit hits the fan, I should be able to get one out of the garage.