Author Topic: Police State - Official Thread  (Read 995359 times)

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
Re: Police State - Official Thread
« Reply #700 on: March 15, 2012, 10:59:54 PM »
Oh boy, I drive past there every day on my way to work.  Hope he doesn't pull me over.  I never have anything on me but the minute he looked at my arrest record I would be in the same situation as this guy because I was arrested for weed before.  I was never convicted by the way.. :D.  I would just let him search so I could be on my way.  It fucking kills me to say that but cops got all day to more or less detain you.  I don't have time to play those games.  Once I got pulled over and the cop asked if I had drugs.  I told him to search and he said no that's OK.  They would probably do that most of the time if you ask them to search right off the bat.  Of course if I was holding I sure wouldn't say that...lol.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #701 on: March 15, 2012, 11:06:10 PM »
I guess it's different everywhere. Our searches are recorded on video and on paperwork. Everything is tracked. Race, gender, age, if contraband was found. The stats are monitored for patterns. We've come a long way over the last 20 yrs and now-a-days it is not uncommon when someone turns down a search request for the officer(s) to call it a day and move on. Back in the day it wasn't uncommon to turn over every stone looking for enough PC to search the car. These days, at least around here, we have enough on our plate without spending an hour trying to get into a car that may or may not have a "no one cares" amount of drugs.     

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #702 on: March 16, 2012, 10:57:35 AM »
The CIA wants to spy on you through your TV: Agency director says it will 'transform' surveillance
Daily Mail ^ | March 16, 2012 | Rob Waugh

When people download a film from Netflix to a flatscreen, or turn on web radio, they could be alerting unwanted watchers to exactly what they are doing and where they are.

Spies will no longer have to plant bugs in your home - the rise of 'connected' gadgets controlled by apps will mean that people 'bug' their own homes, says CIA director David Petraeus.

The CIA claims it will be able to 'read' these devices via the internet - and perhaps even via radio waves from outside the home.

Everything from remote controls to clock radios can now be controlled via apps - and chip company ARM recently unveiled low-powered, cheaper chips which will be used in everything from fridges and ovens to doorbells.

The resultant chorus of 'connected' gadgets will be able to be read like a book - and even remote-controlled, according to CIA CIA Director David Petraeus, according to a recent report by Wired's 'Danger Room' blog.

Petraeus says that web-connected gadgets will 'transform' the art of spying - allowing spies to monitor people automatically without planting bugs, breaking and entering or even donning a tuxedo to infiltrate a dinner party.

'Transformational’ is an overused word, but I do believe it properly applies to these technologies,' said Petraeus.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #703 on: March 16, 2012, 11:17:26 AM »
I think my alarm clock is on to me....

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #704 on: March 16, 2012, 11:27:53 AM »
I think my alarm clock is on to me....
Why do you continue to mock this kind of shit?
Its happening right before your eyes, and youre going to be one of those dumb fucks that sits there going "How did this happen to me? I never saw it coming!"  ::) ::) ::)
More like refused to open your eyes.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #705 on: March 16, 2012, 11:31:11 AM »
Its happening right before your eyes, and youre going to be one of those dumb fucks that sits there going "How did this happen to me? I never saw it coming!"  ::) ::) ::)

His continued employment depends on this police state bullshit. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #706 on: March 16, 2012, 11:34:20 AM »

I'm tied down in reality..it is a flaw I am working on..

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #707 on: March 16, 2012, 11:36:01 AM »
His continued employment depends on this police state bullshit.  

Nah... I'm good with or without the "police state" or whatever that means.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #708 on: March 16, 2012, 01:24:00 PM »
I'm tied down in reality..it is a flaw I am working on..
No, youre tied down in IGNORANCE because you refuse to accept reality when its right in fucking front of you.

Youre in Law Enforcement arent you? People in L.E. are the only people Ive ever seen dismiss this kind of shit even when faced with facts right in front of their face.

I guess I dont really blame you, itd be hard for me to come to grips with the fact that my constituents are no longer honoring their sworn oath but are instead becoming a corrupt perversion of themselves, I wouldnt want to face that either.

*Edit*
just scrolled up and read the rest of the thread that you were in L.E.

Hope youre one of the good ones, because it seems more and more that the bad are starting to outweight the good.
BTW bro, I understand why you defend them all, I do the same for the Marines I seen unjustly persecuted, but the fact is, there is just no defending some of the shit your constituents do, and the fact is, that their is an increasingly oppressive police and government presence (more federal than state), and they ARE finding new ways to keep tabs on us - it may not be at your level, but it sure as hell is at the Federal level whether you want to open your eyes to it or not.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #709 on: March 16, 2012, 02:03:41 PM »
It means the fact that you get to keep getting a paycheck for oppressing hard working tax payers who pay for your salary due to being forced to with the power of the gun.

You're idea of police work and mine obviously don't match...

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #710 on: March 16, 2012, 02:13:57 PM »
No, youre tied down in IGNORANCE because you refuse to accept reality when its right in fucking front of you.

Youre in Law Enforcement arent you? People in L.E. are the only people Ive ever seen dismiss this kind of shit even when faced with facts right in front of their face.

I guess I dont really blame you, itd be hard for me to come to grips with the fact that my constituents are no longer honoring their sworn oath but are instead becoming a corrupt perversion of themselves, I wouldnt want to face that either.

*Edit*
just scrolled up and read the rest of the thread that you were in L.E.

Hope youre one of the good ones, because it seems more and more that the bad are starting to outweight the good.
BTW bro, I understand why you defend them all, I do the same for the Marines I seen unjustly persecuted, but the fact is, there is just no defending some of the shit your constituents do, and the fact is, that their is an increasingly oppressive police and government presence (more federal than state), and they ARE finding new ways to keep tabs on us - it may not be at your level, but it sure as hell is at the Federal level whether you want to open your eyes to it or not.

I've been known to call a duck a duck Shock.. I've been on many threads commenting on videos where in my opinion and based on the evidence available to me (the video), that an officer or officers screwed the pooch. I've no illusions that all cops are great.

I'll tell ya my opinion on your perception that the bad are starting to outweigh the good. I think it is the opposite. Today (speaking for my Department in my little world and trying to associate the observation to other places) that we have come a long way in 30 years. We have college requirement, extensive pre-screening, etc etc. What you and I see now is the result of video phone cameras, in car cameras and technology as a whole showing cops screwing up more than ever. For every 100,000 good contacts police have daily that are never seen, you see the couple dumb asses. So it appears it is getting worse.

I'd like to see the day every cop does the exact right thing every time, but I don't think that's  gonna happen as long as we use humans. But I am all for holding them accountable   

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #711 on: March 16, 2012, 04:01:45 PM »
Your... It's Your.

Possessive.

awesome catch there..

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #712 on: March 16, 2012, 07:19:17 PM »
For every 100,000 good contacts police have daily that are never seen, you see the couple dumb asses.

It always makes me laugh when you regurgitate this repetitive tripe.

I always think about that Chris Rock video and people wanting credit for shit their supposed to do.

Your supposed to get it right you dumb motherfvcker.

Nobody cares if Walmart does a good job in 5000 stores on Good Friday.  It's the one where they fuck everything up that matters.

Why?

Because they're supposed to get it right you dumb motherfvcker.

Don't worry, cops as a whole are generally pretty good - we can agree on that.

Laughfest over/

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #713 on: March 16, 2012, 07:23:01 PM »
Can I get some props from some of the posters here for obeying the law on a regular basis?

Every fucking day goes by and I obey 10 bazillion laws and never get credit for any of it.

ONE TIME I run a stop sign and some douchebag cop makes a thing of it.  ::)

How about some props for all the laws I fucking obeyed.  :(

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #714 on: March 16, 2012, 09:42:29 PM »
Can I get some props from some of the posters here for obeying the law on a regular basis?

Every fucking day goes by and I obey 10 bazillion laws and never get credit for any of it.

ONE TIME I run a stop sign and some douchebag cop makes a thing of it.  ::)

How about some props for all the laws I fucking obeyed.  :(

Skip, I agree, cops are supposed to get it right.. It would be wonderful if they did. The point I was making is 2 fold. 1. Cops get it right the vast majority of the time. 2. Cops are recruited from humans and therefore anyone who has the expectation cops will always get it right are just silly twits or unrealistic morons, hard to tell which. Cops who don't get it right should be held accountable because the expectation is that they should have...    

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #715 on: March 17, 2012, 09:26:12 AM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #716 on: March 19, 2012, 11:57:04 AM »
http://www.nbc12.com/story/17191109/woman-ticketed

Police ticket woman for kid's chalk drawings

Courtesy: Susan Mortensen Courtesy: Susan Mortensen

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - -

A woman claims Richmond Police gave her a ticket because her little girl was drawing with chalk on the rocks at Belle Isle.

Susan Mortensen says she was charged with destruction of property due to her child's doodles. She says she wasn't aware that chalk wasn't allowed and wants other parents to be aware, so they don't get ticketed as well.

The mother is speaking with Ben Garbarek, who will have more on the story coming up on First at 4:00.

Life on the line.   

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #717 on: March 19, 2012, 04:46:38 PM »
"I agree with mkschu. I don't particularly care to see some kid's chalk markings on the rocks when I visit a park. I want to see nature, not human defacing of it. However minor the infraction is, they shouldn't be defacing the area, even if it IS temporary. Suppose someone soaped their windows? Hey, it's just temporary, and will wash off. But I bet no one would be complaining about the police being overzealous if someone were arrested for that. And I bet she'd be demanding police action and attending the perp's hearing. The law is the law. "

Comment from the link.. Not everyone thinks colored chalk on rocks is attractive and something they should be doing in the city parks.

Now before you go all looney on me I agree a ticket is probably too much, but I can see the need to discourage that in those settings..

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #718 on: March 19, 2012, 08:47:02 PM »
Why did the DHS just order 450 million rounds of .40 caliber ammunition?
Fellowship of the Minds ^ | Steve
Posted on March 19, 2012 9:39:45 PM EDT by angelcindy

DHS ALSO HAS A BID OUT FOR 175 MILLION ROUNDS OF . 223 OR M-16/

REQUIREMENT: The total requirement is to provide an estimated 33 million rounds of .223 Remington Caliber SD and 2 million rounds of .223 Remington Caliber EP ammunition in the base year and an estimated 33 million rounds of .223 Remington Caliber SD and 2 million rounds of .223 Remington Caliber EP ammunition in each of four option years in accordance with Attachment 2, Statement of Work for .223 Remington Caliber SD and .223 Remington Caliber EP Ammunition.

The Department of Homeland security has just executed an order for enough rounds of 40 caliber ammunition to kill every man, woman and child in the United States.

A shocking new defense contract entered by the Department of Homeland Security to secure a massive amount of ammunition, with the option for infinite supply and infinite delivery, raises the question of just what they are preparing for? Massive civil unrest? An invasion by a foreign power?

The order is to supply 450 million rounds of .40 caliber ammunition, which is more than one bullet for every single person in the United States.

The contract also comes with the additional caveat that the order is forward-looking, which means it can be revised upward or downward depending on a variety of factors, some of which also happen to contribute to civil unrest — including governmental spending, budgetary policies and economic conditions.

(Excerpt) Read more at fellowshipofminds.wordpr ess.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #719 on: March 21, 2012, 08:38:23 AM »
IRS may share tax info with police to fight fraud
By Patrick Temple-West

WASHINGTON | Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:37pm EDT

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A surge in tax refund fraud and identity theft has prompted the Internal Revenue Service to consider sharing more tax return information with police, a senior official told a congressional hearing on Tuesday.

In a move that could spark concerns over personal privacy, the IRS said it is considering a pilot program in Tampa, Florida, where identity theft and refund fraud are rife.

"We are limited in what we can supply to local law enforcement," said Steven Miller, deputy IRS commissioner for services and enforcement.

Tax return information is normally kept tightly secret by the IRS. Under the program, exceptions could be made, with the permission of victims of identity theft and tax refund fraud, so that bogus tax return documents could be shared with police.

Tampa has seen a rash of identity theft and tax refund fraud cases since last year, totaling $130 million in stolen funds. Suspected wrongdoers steal Social Security numbers and file returns seeking tax refunds, using an abandoned home or another phony address as a delivery point.

Democratic Senator Bill Nelson of Florida held the hearing to tout his legislation to allow more taxpayer information sharing between the IRS and local law enforcement.

No date has been set for the Tampa program to begin, according to IRS.

In 1976, Congress made it a crime for IRS workers to share taxpayer information.

"There was a reason why we are limited in providing to local law enforcement, in an unfettered matter, tax returns," Miller said. "Congress has treated tax return information as sacrosanct."

Nina Olson, the national taxpayer advocate at the IRS, supported some information sharing, but cautioned that once local law enforcement has access to taxpayers' returns, they could be shared with other people.

Congress should modify the IRS information-sharing prohibition but limit the disclosure of the information for any purpose other than law enforcement, she said.

(Reporting by Patrick Temple-West; Editing by Kevin Drawbaugh; Desking by Lisa Shumaker)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #720 on: March 21, 2012, 09:25:46 AM »
http://www.nbc12.com/story/17191109/woman-ticketed

Police ticket woman for kid's chalk drawings

Courtesy: Susan Mortensen Courtesy: Susan Mortensen

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - -

A woman claims Richmond Police gave her a ticket because her little girl was drawing with chalk on the rocks at Belle Isle.

Susan Mortensen says she was charged with destruction of property due to her child's doodles. She says she wasn't aware that chalk wasn't allowed and wants other parents to be aware, so they don't get ticketed as well.

The mother is speaking with Ben Garbarek, who will have more on the story coming up on First at 4:00.

Clearly these cops did not care about the 10 bazillion laws this woman followed correctly.

They only want to cry about the one she didn't get right.

Wonder what happens to cops when they don't get it right............oh wait....

:D

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #721 on: March 21, 2012, 09:28:10 AM »

ONE TIME I run a stop sign and some douchebag cop makes a thing of it.  ::)

How about some props for all the laws I fucking obeyed.  :(

Damn...doesn't look like I'm going to get my pat on the back for doing what I SHOULD do.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #722 on: March 21, 2012, 09:34:01 AM »
ON – The Supreme Court has unanimously sided with Idaho property owners whose plans to build a home were blocked by an Environmental Protection Agency order declaring the property contained wetlands.

In an opinion by Justice Antonin Scalia, the court says Wednesday that the EPA cannot threaten fines of more than $30,000 a day without giving property owners the ability to challenge its actions.

The decision is a victory for Mike and Chantell Sackett, whose property near a scenic lake has sat undisturbed since the EPA ordered a halt in work in 2007. The agency said part of the property was a wetlands that cannot be disturbed without a permit.

The couple complained there was no reasonable way to challenge the order.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/03/21/supreme-court-sides-with-idaho-property-owners-over-epa/#ixzz1plUWfCxh

Thank you for the above information, Dr. Sivana (post #7)

Here's the SCOTUS opinion: http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/11pdf/10-1062.pdf

Good!   Screw the EPA  - another jack boot agency that needs to go.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #723 on: March 21, 2012, 10:21:36 AM »

Documents Show Homeland Security Was Tracking Occupy Wall Street Even Before The First Protest
Grace Wyler | 15 minutes ago | 106 | 1

Julia La Roche for Business Insider

The Department of Homeland Security has been tracking the Occupy Wall Street movement since well before protesters first took Zuccotti Park last September, according to internal DHS memos obtained by Business Insider through a Freedom of Information Act Request. 

The documents show that DHS alerted its agents to the Wall Street protests — and specifically the involvement of the hacker group Anonymous in organizing the protests — sometime before the Sept. 17 kickoff of the protests in downtown Manhattan.

In an undated memo, titled "Details On 'Anonymous' Upcoming Operations: 17 September 2011: Occupy Wall Street; U.S. Day of Rage," the DHS Office of Intelligence notes that the hacker group had came out in support of the planned Sept. 17 Wall Street protests. The memo provides details of a YouTube video released by Anonymous that called on protesters "to adopt a non-violent 'Tahrir-acampadas model,'" and to "flood into lower Manhattan, set up tents, kitchens, peaceful barricades and occupy Wall Street for a few months."

The memo warns that AdBusters, the original organizers of the OWS protests, had also planned a demonstration on the National Mall to coincide with the 10th anniversary of the invasion of Iraq in October 2011.

Another DHS Intelligence memo provides further warnings about the impact and likelihood of upcoming Anonymous Operations.

According to that memo, DHS cybersecurity analysts considered it "likely" that that peaceful OWS protests would occur on Sept. 17, and that "those protests may be accompanied by malicious cyber activity conducted by Anonymous."

The memo says analysts considered it unlikely that Anonymous would follow through with threats to launch a coordinated attack against Facebook on Nov. 5 2011.

On Anonymous's "Project Mayhem," — a year-long effort that will end with an "unveiling of secrets" on Dec. 21 2012 — the DHS warns that "inconsequential physical mischief and potentially disruptive malicious cyber activities" are expected, but "specific tactics, techniques, and procedures are unknown."

The memo also mentions an "Operation Halliburton" but says that "little is known" about the potential operation, which presumably targets the U.S. oilfield services giant.

Two other memos obtained by BI warn about Anonymous' threats to take down the New York Stock Exchange and to hack Fox News' website over the network's coverage of the OWS movement.

The documents were released to Business Insider today in response to a FOIA request we filed when reports first started circulating that DHS helped coordinate the nationwide OWS crackdown last November.

Although we have only made it through some of the 408 documents, what we've seen so far indicates that while the agency reluctant to get involved in the Occupy protests (at least initially), Homeland Security was definitely keeping tabs on the movement from the outset.

Read the memos below.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/department-of-homeland-security-tracking-occupy-wall-street-from-beginning-2012-3#ixzz1plz5sbcW

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #724 on: March 21, 2012, 01:55:20 PM »

Clearly these cops did not care about the 10 bazillion laws this woman followed correctly.

They only want to cry about the one she didn't get right.

Wonder what happens to cops when they don't get it right............oh wait....

:D

Typically get reprimmands, suspensions or termination depending on the seriousness.