Author Topic: Police State - Official Thread  (Read 995432 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Police State - Official Thread
« Reply #1776 on: September 22, 2014, 01:30:40 PM »
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/prosecutor-seeking-death-penalty-officer-killed-knock-raid

>:(
Guess youre only allowed to defend yourself against other civilians. Seems alparent thatyoure not allowed to defend yourself if it turns out that police who didnt identify themselves are forcing their way into your home in the middle of the night with zero ID, zero warning, and zero evidence.

This shit needs to change.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1777 on: September 22, 2014, 03:56:41 PM »
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/prosecutor-seeking-death-penalty-officer-killed-knock-raid

Disgusting.

At least he killed one of the cops. A shame he didnt kill them all. They are worse than criminals.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #1778 on: September 22, 2014, 04:05:57 PM »

I think Texas is a "no duty to retreat" state.
Hopefully the jury will give the prosecutor a hard slap and find the man not guilty.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #1780 on: September 24, 2014, 07:57:14 AM »
Guess youre only allowed to defend yourself against other civilians. Seems alparent thatyoure not allowed to defend yourself if it turns out that police who didnt identify themselves are forcing their way into your home in the middle of the night with zero ID, zero warning, and zero evidence.

This shit needs to change.

Im usually on the cops side but its kind of hard to defend this.
Gotta be better training on the cops end for entering someones home

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #1781 on: September 24, 2014, 09:34:58 AM »
At
Least ID themselves before they start kicking the doors in, i thought it was mandatory to announce that they were police at the commencement of the raid for this exact reason?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1782 on: September 24, 2014, 10:19:35 AM »
At
Least ID themselves before they start kicking the doors in, i thought it was mandatory to announce that they were police at the commencement of the raid for this exact reason?

I would like to know this as well.

Where is our resident cop?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #1783 on: September 24, 2014, 01:16:44 PM »
I would like to know this as well.

Where is our resident cop?

No knock warrants do not require this I do not believe.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #1784 on: September 24, 2014, 05:51:01 PM »

Methinks the cops are probably claiming that they clearly identified themselves, he had time to digest the information, and he shot anyway.  If I were a betting man, that is.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1785 on: September 24, 2014, 06:08:36 PM »
U.S. Forest Service wants to charge $1,500 to take photos on federal wild lands
The Washington Post ^ | September 24, 2014 | Hunter Schwarz
Posted on September 24, 2014 8:45:30 PM EDT by Timber Rattler

The U.S. Forest Service is finalizing plans to fine photographers who shoot on federal wild lands without a permit.

Under the measure, still photography and commercial filming in Congress-designated wilderness areas would require a permit, and shoots would also have to be approved and meet certain criteria like not advertising any product or service and being educational.

Permits would cost up to $1,500, even if someone was taking photos or video with their phone, and fines for shooting without a permit could be as high as $1,000, according to the Oregonian. A spokesman for the Forest Service did not immediately return a request for comment.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonpost.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1786 on: September 24, 2014, 06:50:29 PM »
Forest Service says media needs photography permit in wilderness areas, alarming 1st advocates
oregonlive.com ^
Posted on September 24, 2014 8:48:13 PM EDT by Red in Blue PA

The U.S. Forest Service has tightened restrictions on media coverage in vast swaths of the country's wild lands, requiring reporters to pay for a permit and get permission before shooting a photo or video in federally designated wilderness areas.

Under rules being finalized in November, a reporter who met a biologist, wildlife advocate or whistleblower alleging neglect in any of the nation's 100 million acres of wilderness would first need special approval to shoot photos or videos even on an iPhone.

Permits cost up to $1,500, says Forest Service spokesman Larry Chambers, and reporters who don't get a permit could face fines up to $1,000.

(Excerpt) Read more at oregonlive.com ...

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #1787 on: September 25, 2014, 09:04:21 AM »
South Carolina State Trooper conducts a traffic stop, asks the person to retrieve his ID from the vehicle and then shoots him for reaching into the car...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dashcam-captures-south-carolina-trooper-shooting-unarmed-man/story?id=25749239

Per the article, the trooper, Sean Groubert, was fired and is facing charges that would, if convicted, land him behind bars for up to 20 years. So I'm guessing probation.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #1788 on: September 25, 2014, 09:06:52 AM »
South Carolina State Trooper conducts a traffic stop, asks the person to retrieve his ID from the vehicle and then shoots him for reaching into the car...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dashcam-captures-south-carolina-trooper-shooting-unarmed-man/story?id=25749239

Per the article, the trooper, Sean Groubert, was fired and is facing charges that would, if convicted, land him behind bars for up to 20 years. So I'm guessing probation.
Death penalty for pre-meditated murder.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #1789 on: September 25, 2014, 10:14:05 AM »
Death penalty for pre-meditated murder.

Would have been awesome if the driver would have said "My license is in my vehicle is it ok to reach in and get it?" before doing so because it is impossible to tell if he is reaching for a license or a weapon from the angle of the camera. We know now it was a license and fortunately he wasn't killed. Cop shoulda been fired, not the right line of work for him 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1790 on: September 25, 2014, 10:29:10 AM »
Would have been awesome if the driver would have said "My license is in my vehicle is it ok to reach in and get it?" before doing so because it is impossible to tell if he is reaching for a license or a weapon from the angle of the camera. We know now it was a license and fortunately he wasn't killed. Cop shoulda been fired, not the right line of work for him 

It would have been awesome if the cop had not been there in the first place.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #1791 on: September 25, 2014, 11:11:28 AM »
I was, you know, going off the statement that he was ASKED to get his ID and then shot for doing so.

Generally you dont ask someone to do something and th shoot them.

Also, generally when told to do something, you dont have to repeat the order to the person commanding you.... if a cop asks me to get my ID im going to grab my ID, im not going to ask permission to grab my ID from the same guy who just requested me to get it, thats asinine.

Why should a law abiding civilian feel that he has to telegraph every move he makes, otherwise the officer may shoot him, even when doing as requested? Thats lidicrous and the absolute definition of police state.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #1792 on: September 25, 2014, 12:31:00 PM »

You shoot someone and you only get fired?

Does that happen to most citizens?

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #1793 on: September 25, 2014, 12:49:00 PM »
You shoot someone and you only get fired?

Does that happen to most citizens?

Of course, citizens also get paid leave while they are being investigated.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1794 on: September 25, 2014, 01:48:51 PM »
I was, you know, going off the statement that he was ASKED to get his ID and then shot for doing so.

Also, generally when told to do something, you dont have to repeat the order to the person commanding you.... if a cop asks me to get my ID im going to grab my ID, im not going to ask permission to grab my ID from the same guy who just requested me to get it, thats asinine.

Why should a law abiding civilian feel that he has to telegraph every move he makes, otherwise the officer may shoot him, even when doing as requested? Thats lidicrous and the absolute definition of police state.

Especially ridiculous for the stopped motorist to have to play "Simon Sez" to avoid being shot when he's only been stopped for a seatbelt violation.  

IMO, this cop should have been drug tested after doing all the weird shit we see in the video:
- Makes motorist exit his car after stopping him for a seatbelt violation.
- Shoots at motorist about 5 times for complying with his orders too quickly.
- Hits motorist with only 1 shot (in the hip, no less) out of 5 despite being only about 10 feet away.
- Fires 2 times after the motorist had turned around with both his hands up.
- Seemingly risks the safe of others by going Rambo with people and gas pumps nearby.

Just losing his job for fucking up this bad doesn't seem like enough to me.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #1795 on: September 25, 2014, 02:26:52 PM »

Ah yes...more blame the victim.  Clearly this guy 'contributed' to his own shooting.

Afterall, he should've been able to read the cops mind to know the exact speed and motions he should've taken to avoid being shot.

Of course, failing to immediately comply with the cops order would have been justification for force too.

::)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #1796 on: September 25, 2014, 02:32:35 PM »

Exactly.

What would have been awesome is some honesty.

Cop should've said, "Hey, I stopped you for not wearing a seatbelt, but you're black and I'm a coward, so I'm really scared right now.  I need you to get some paperwork but you will have to move at a speed that I specifically approve of and in a direction that I am totally in agreement with.  Anything else will cause me to panic and shoot you and it will be your fault."

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1797 on: September 25, 2014, 02:43:16 PM »
Especially ridiculous for the stopped motorist to have to play "Simon Sez" to avoid being shot when he's only been stopped for a seatbelt violation.  

IMO, this cop should have been drug tested after doing all the weird shit we see in the video:
- Makes motorist exit his car after stopping him for a seatbelt violation.
- Shoots at motorist about 5 times for complying with his orders too quickly.
- Hits motorist with only 1 shot (in the hip, no less) out of 5 despite being only about 10 feet away.
- Fires 2 times after the motorist had turned around with both his hands up.
- Seemingly risks the safe of others by going Rambo with people and gas pumps nearby.

Just losing his job for fucking up this bad doesn't seem like enough to me.

Sadly this IS your average cop.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #1798 on: September 25, 2014, 03:09:45 PM »

You know... I'm somewhat agreeing with you here. He should have done it because many (most?) cops are way too quick to draw and their fingers are much too itchy. But at the same time, how fucked up is it that we are at the point that when interacting with police, we need to ask for permission to do anything - even follow orders. And even if he did, I doubt it'd change anything.

- "Sir, I need to see your ID."
- "Yes Sir! Immediately Sir! Might a poor peasant reach into his humble vehicle to retrieve his ID your Majesty?"
- "You may."
- "Thank you Excellence! I am slowly reaching into my vehicle. May I now remove it from my wallet?"
- "I grow tired of your delays peasant. Produce your ID now!"
- "Yes your Imperial Highness. Immediately."
Opens wallet to remove ID

- "HANDS UP! HANDS UP guy! HELP! DISPATCH, I'M BEING ATTACKED."
BANG! BANG!

- "DISPATCH, SHOTS FIRED, SHOTS FIRED!"
BANG! BANG! BANG!

- "Your Majesty... I was only doing as you commanded!"
- "SHUT UP, HANDS UP! BEHIND YOUR BACK."
Officer hits suspect

- "STOP RESISTING AND DON'T FUCKING BLEED ON MY UNIFORM!"
- "My apologies majesty. I will stop bleeding profusely from the wounds you inflicted to avoid staining your Royal vestments."
- "See what happens when you disobey the cops?"
- "I am sorry your majesty! Might I take leave to attend to my wounds at a local hospital."
- "You stay right the fuck down there and do as you're told."
- "Yes Majesty."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V