Author Topic: Police State - Official Thread  (Read 995478 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Police State - Official Thread
« Reply #2025 on: April 27, 2015, 04:57:41 PM »

Same here.  Seems my chances of getting a good beating may exceed my chances of getting help.

don't surprise me you think that way

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #2026 on: April 27, 2015, 05:34:44 PM »
You know what I see?

I see people arrested and thrown against cement and left to bleed, or kicked hard enough that their spleens rupture. I see cops tackle and paralyze a non-violent individual whose only crime was an inability to communicate. I see cops order a mother to sexually abuse a baby. I see cops jumping out of still moving cars to kill twelve-year olds. I see cops forcing teens to give them head and getting away scot free.

READ THIS.
No doubt, cops have a difficult job. But it's a job they chose to do and if they don't like it, they can find something else to do instead of taking out their frustrations by throwing their weight around and abusing the rest of us under the color of authority.

Well said. x2.
As you say it's a Job They Chose To Do.
No One Is Forcing Them.

How many Apologisists & How many Times are you going to Cover
For The Blantant Abuses.

I am Not Suggesting we Do Not Have A Police Service,
Just that The Existing One is Rotten To The Core.
Top Down It Needs Changing.
And The Scum Bags Prosecuting.... Best start building a lot more Prisons to cope with them All.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2027 on: April 27, 2015, 06:55:34 PM »
Someone want to point out exactly where in the video the cops were beating the journalist?

anyone?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2028 on: April 27, 2015, 07:00:07 PM »
anyone?

hey this is not a site for common sence,this is a site to jump to conclusions

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #2029 on: April 27, 2015, 07:25:33 PM »
anyone?

To me, it looks like a bunch of cops swarming over the guy. The video is too shaky, and there are too many bodies over the guy for me to conclusively say "he was being beaten" and point to an exact second. It certainly seems to be an overreaction, and if I had to venture a guess, given his appearance after this, I'd say that it's more than likely that the guy received a few blows.

It was certainly a charged situation and mistakes are bound to happen. The important thing is how to handle those mistakes. The problem, generally, is that many officers handle those problems badly, and when they do, they are usually not held accountable. I don't care where you lay the blame: the human resourcess, the traning, the equipment or something else. But there is a problem.

Here's the thing: cops are supposed to be cool-headed professionals, with superior training that enables them to deal with high-pressure situations while keeping their emotions in check; instead it seems that many are hot-headed idiots, whose training boils down to takedown moves and the development of an "us vs. them" mentality, along with a badge and a gun that instills on them feelings of superiority and a proverbial license to kill. So when citizens don't defer to them, as iif we're peasants and they're modern day samurai during the Shogunate, they try to teach us a lesson - that lesson being "you do what I tell you or else..."

The fact of the matter is that cops are public servants. Their job isn't to intimidate the public or to order them around. It's to protect and serve. I'm not exactly sure when cops forgot about that.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #2030 on: April 27, 2015, 07:30:35 PM »
hey this is not a site for common sence,this is a site to jump to conclusions

Sure..

lol trash filming trash,you can't beat it  :D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2031 on: April 27, 2015, 10:23:47 PM »
I am happy to report that I've never had a disagreeable experience with the police. I suspect the bulk of the police are good people who just want to protect and serve.

A handful should never have become policemen. Extensive psychological testing use to weed most of these misfits out. Are police forces so understaffed that they are willing to accept anyone who walks in the door looking for a job?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2032 on: April 27, 2015, 10:30:38 PM »
I am happy to report that I've never had a disagreeable experience with the police. I suspect the bulk of the police are good people who just want to protect and serve.

A handful should never have become policemen. Extensive psychological testing used to weed most of these misfits out. Are police forces so understaffed that they are willing to accept anyone who walks in the door looking for a job?

can't speak for all departments but ours is understaffed.. partly because we don't accept anyone who walks through the door.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2033 on: April 28, 2015, 03:26:45 AM »
Sure..

the guy that was filming goes around robbing people,sorry but that's trash :D maybe where your from that's a great guy but where I'm from that's trash

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #2034 on: April 28, 2015, 07:08:37 AM »
the guy that was filming goes around robbing people,sorry but that's trash :D maybe where your from that's a great guy but where I'm from that's trash

"hey this is not a site for common sence,this is a site to jump to conclusions "

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #2035 on: April 28, 2015, 07:11:14 AM »
Legislation that Fines Cops $15,000 for Interfering with Citizens who Film Them, Passes CO House

Denver, CO — A recently proposed bill in Colorado imposing legal penalties on police officers who interfere with citizens filming them could soon become law. The state’s House Of Representatives passed the bill this week, and it will now move on to vote in the Senate.

If it becomes law, the bill would reportedly require police officers to have someone’s consent or a warrant to physically take or destroy a persons camera or footage. If an officer violates this law, the victim would then be able to seek damages up to $15,000 plus attorney fees. This would also be the first law in the country that would guarantee civil damages to people who have their recording rights violated by police.

After passing in the House on Wednesday, Colorado House Bill 15-1290 will now make its way to the Senate for a final vote.

Police union officials are not happy about the bill, and they say that it treats officers unfairly and holds them to a standard that citizens are not held to, which is ironic because police typically behave as if they were above the law, and not subject to the same standards as everyone else.

“The CACP does not believe that the people who put their lives at risk every day should have different standards of liability than anyone else in government,” police union representative AnneMarie Jensen, said in a statement.

According to 7 News Denver,  Rep. Joe Salazar, co-sponsor of the bill, said House Bill 15-1290 has support from both Democrats and Republicans and is not intended to penalize police.

“It takes a very special person to be a police officer,” Salazar said. “We want to honor them, but at the same time, we have a few bad apples who need to be aware that their conduct now has major, major consequences.”

One of the incidents that caught the attention of Salazar was the case of Bobbie Ann Diaz. Diaz was trying to film what happened after police shot and killed 17-year-old Jessica Hernandez.

As Diaz was trying to film the incident, she says an officer stopped her and threatened her with arrest if she continued to film.

“At that time, (the officers) put Jessie down and they were on their knees yelling at Brianna that she better not record. She better not,” Diaz said. “She got scared. She got intimated. These are big officers and she didn’t want to make things worse.”

Diaz didn’t know that she was protected by law to film the police as long as she wasn’t interfering with their investigation.

Only through shining light into the darkness, i.e., filming police encounters, will enough people finally see how corrupt and violent this system is becoming. Your right to film the police must be protected.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/legislation-fines-cops-15000-interfering-citizens-film-them-passes-house/

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2036 on: April 28, 2015, 07:13:12 AM »
"hey this is not a site for common sence,this is a site to jump to conclusions "

so you think a guy that robs people is a good guy

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #2037 on: April 28, 2015, 07:21:55 AM »

I replied before about that specific instant (with the cop vindictively punching out of nowhere, a person who was arrested and then walking away) but you seem unable to understand.

That is irrelevant, he was arrested and will go to court for all the charges. There was no reason or justification for the actions of the female cop and she must be held accountable.

Care to explain how the actions depicted in the video are affected by the record of the person filming? What about the record of the cops involved?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2038 on: April 28, 2015, 07:23:14 AM »

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #2039 on: April 28, 2015, 09:18:48 AM »
no legislation is going to do anything when the cop takes your phone, breaks it and then proceeds to stomp your ass.

all the more incentive for the cop to take your phone and beat the piss out of you

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2040 on: April 28, 2015, 10:07:43 AM »

So you think a cop who beats or kills suspects is a good guy?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2041 on: April 28, 2015, 10:15:03 AM »
So you think a cop who beats or kills suspects is a good guy?

no I'm sure she'll be punished for punching him in the head,do i feel sorry for the trash,not at all

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #2042 on: April 28, 2015, 10:36:15 AM »
no I'm sure she'll be punished for punching him in the head,do i feel sorry for the trash,not at all

Yes, I'm sure she'll be punished. Just like the cop who forced a nineteen year old to have sex with him was punished. His brutal punishment for what amounts to rape includes not having to register as a sex offender and keeping his law enforcement certification.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2043 on: April 28, 2015, 10:40:52 AM »
baltimore police throwing rocks at people. 

yes, we are at that point lol.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2044 on: April 28, 2015, 10:42:41 AM »
baltimore police throwing rocks at people. 

yes, we are at that point lol.

what they should be shooting is rubber bullets

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2045 on: April 28, 2015, 10:51:12 AM »
what they should be shooting is rubber bullets

agree

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2046 on: April 28, 2015, 10:53:22 AM »
To me, it looks like a bunch of cops swarming over the guy. The video is too shaky, and there are too many bodies over the guy for me to conclusively say "he was being beaten" and point to an exact second. It certainly seems to be an overreaction, and if I had to venture a guess, given his appearance after this, I'd say that it's more than likely that the guy received a few blows.

It was certainly a charged situation and mistakes are bound to happen. The important thing is how to handle those mistakes. The problem, generally, is that many officers handle those problems badly, and when they do, they are usually not held accountable. I don't care where you lay the blame: the human resourcess, the traning, the equipment or something else. But there is a problem.

Here's the thing: cops are supposed to be cool-headed professionals, with superior training that enables them to deal with high-pressure situations while keeping their emotions in check; instead it seems that many are hot-headed idiots, whose training boils down to takedown moves and the development of an "us vs. them" mentality, along with a badge and a gun that instills on them feelings of superiority and a proverbial license to kill. So when citizens don't defer to them, as iif we're peasants and they're modern day samurai during the Shogunate, they try to teach us a lesson - that lesson being "you do what I tell you or else..."

The fact of the matter is that cops are public servants. Their job isn't to intimidate the public or to order them around. It's to protect and serve. I'm not exactly sure when cops forgot about that.

can't tell much from the video. Certainly can't conclude a beating was being done.  But really, all someone has to do these days is put a title "Cops beat ____" and 90% of the folks here will operate on the assumption the cops beat ____ rather than look at the video independently and determine if it's true for themselves.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #2047 on: April 28, 2015, 11:16:14 AM »
can't tell much from the video. Certainly can't conclude a beating was being done.  But really, all someone has to do these days is put a title "Cops beat ____" and 90% of the folks here will operate on the assumption the cops beat ____ rather than look at the video independently and determine if it's true for themselves.

You are right. Do you think there might be a reason for that?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2048 on: April 28, 2015, 11:21:07 AM »
You are right. Do you think there might be a reason for that?

In this case, majority of this board are anti cop and since "Cops beating ____" fits their preconceived view of cops they don't bother to review it and operate on the assumptions its true. It really doesn't matter if it's true or not and they figure their buddies on the page won't bother to look at it either so its a safe assumption. Just my 2 cents

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2049 on: April 28, 2015, 11:59:09 AM »
Yes, I'm sure she'll be punished. Just like the cop who forced a nineteen year old to have sex with him was punished. His brutal punishment for what amounts to rape includes not having to register as a sex offender and keeping his law enforcement certification.

Disgusting.