Author Topic: Police State - Official Thread  (Read 995362 times)

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
Re: Police State - Official Thread
« Reply #2200 on: June 05, 2015, 02:30:44 PM »
He shouldn't have settled imo.

Man gets $35K after cops thought his cracker crumbs were crack

DEPTFORD — A man arrested after he recorded cops and carried cracker crumbs in wax paper to resemble crack has agreed to settle his lawsuit against a Gloucester County police department for $35,000.

News of the settlement reached earlier this year was first reported Wednesday by NJ Civil Settlements, which compiles lists of settlements paid by New Jersey government agencies and their insurers to those who have sued them.

Plaintiff John Cokos was stopped by Deptford Township police when he was seen walking to Gloucester County College carrying a video camera in November 2011.

Cokos said police told him there has been burglaries in the area and that the camera made him appear suspicious, according to court papers.

The Wenonah resident said he got into a skirmish with police and was forced against a guardrail after he refused their orders to turn off the recorder. While searching him, a detective and another officer uncovered Saltine cracker crumbs in brown wax paper that police believed to be crack cocaine, the suit alleges.

Cokos was then arrested on drug possession charges.

While being held at the police station, Cokos said one of the officers informed him that "the supposed crack cocaine was, in fact, a piece of saltine cracker."

Police then charged Cokos with obstruction of the administration of law.

He was found not guilty of that charge in January 2012, court papers say.

In agreeing to the settlement, Deptford police don't admit to wrongdoing.

http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/index.ssf/2015/06/man_gets_35k_after_cops_thought_his_cracker_crumbs_were_crack.html

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #2201 on: June 05, 2015, 02:33:44 PM »
Some unanswered questions here like why send a SWAT team for this type of inspection/violations, was there a warrant for the raid and if so, on what grounds was it given? Maybe if and when the police release their report there will be some more answers.

St. Louis County SWAT Team Killed Family Dog Over Code Violation, Suit Says

On Tuesday, a South County woman filed a federal lawsuit that dog lovers should read with caution -- the allegations are pretty disturbing.
In the lawsuit, Angela Zorich claims that St. Louis County Police tactical officers -- aka the department's SWAT team -- raided her house in April 2014 and killed Kiya, her four-year-old pit bull.

The reason for the raid: to check if her home had electricity and natural gas service.

"This is an example of police overreaching and using excessive force to get a family out of their house," said Kenneth Chackes, the attorney who represents Zorich.

Online court records suggest that Zorich and relatives have had various landlord actions and complaints filed against them since 2005 at two separate addresses in south St. Louis County.

Chackes preferred not to elaborate on the complaint, which is already 24 pages long. The St. Louis County Police Department declined to comment since the lawsuit is pending.

But here's a run-down of Zorich's story, as told in the lawsuit:

On April 25, 2014, St. Louis County Police officers came to her house. Her son cussed at them. They inspected the home's exterior and placed a "Problem Properties" sticker on the front window.

On April 28, Zorich called the police to follow up on the matter. An officer told her they were investigating the home for failing to have natural gas or electric service, as required by county ordinance. She admitted that the gas had been shut off, but said the claim about electricity was "bullshit." The officer hung up on her.
Zorich called back and spoke to a different officer. This one sounded angry that he'd been cussed at by her son three days earlier. Zorich tried to set up an inspection for a time when her husband would be home. The officer told her that was fine, but that the investigation would continue in the meantime.

The next day, around 12:41 p.m., Zorich was at home with several family members and her pit bull, Kiya, when a St. Louis County Police Tactical Response Unit burst through the door without knocking, according to her suit. The unit had at least five officers with M-4 rifles, supported by at least eight uniformed officers.

The officers entered so quickly, Zorich's suit alleges, that Kiya didn't even have time to bark. A tactical officer fired three shots into the dog, and the dog's "bladder and bowels released and she fell to the floor." The dog "was laying on the floor in her own waste and blood struggling to breathe. She had a gaping hole in her chest."

Zorich claims the officers kept trying to talk to her about the natural gas, but she was focused on her dog, whom she'd raised as a puppy and who (she says) had "never shown aggression to any person."

At one point in the raid, Zorich alleges, an officer pointed his firearm at her son's head and said "One word, guy, and I'll put three in you."

Zorich was taken into custody and later given a notice of violation from the Housing Inspector. It listed citations concerning her siding, guard rail, screens, window glass and deck.

When she returned home, she found beds overturned and items that had been on her shelves thrown to the floor.

She is suing St. Louis County and two officers, Corey Zavorka and Robert M. Rinck. Her allegations include unlawful seizure and unlawful infliction of emotional distress (for the killing of the dog) and unlawful retaliation.

We asked the police for a copy of the incident report and any stats on how frequently dogs attack officers who execute warrants. They replied that such information could take up to two weeks to release, given the "massive amount of records requests."

See also: Columbia Family Whose Dog Was Killed in SWAT Raid Is Suing the City

Stephen Ryals, who represents Zorich along with Chackes, says that within the last decade, more and more plaintiffs have filed suit against law enforcers who conducted a raid or executed a warrant and killed the family dog.

"It's a relatively recent liability that's gaining traction," he said.

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/2015/06/swat_team_kills_family_dog.php

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #2202 on: June 06, 2015, 12:00:36 AM »
Jury Convicts Female LA Officer of Assault in Deadly Arrest

Jurors on Friday convicted a female Los Angeles police officer of felony assault for repeatedly kicking a handcuffed woman who later died.

The jury of 11 women and one man reached its verdict after about two days of deliberations in the trial of Officer Mary O'Callaghan, 50. She pleaded not guilty to assaulting a civilian in the 2012 arrest of Alesia Thomas, 35.

Dressed in a black pantsuit, O'Callaghan wiped her face, appearing to cry after the verdict was read.

Robert Rico, O'Callaghan's attorney, said he plans to appeal and ask for a new trial.

"I firmly believe the evidence presented by the prosecution did not show her force was unreasonable or unnecessary," he said, adding that he felt the jury's verdict was "based on emotion" rather than the necessary legal standard for conviction.

Officers went to arrest Thomas at her home after she left her two children outside a police station.

A dashboard camera in a police cruiser captured O'Callaghan kicking the handcuffed Thomas in the back seat seven times in the groin, abdomen and upper thigh, prosecutors said. Thomas lost consciousness and was pronounced dead at a hospital.

A report by the Police Commission said the 228-pound Thomas resisted arrest.

O'Callaghan's attorney noted his client has an exemplary record, and no complaints against her have been upheld in her 19 years on the force.

O'Callaghan was charged with assault under color of authority, but she was not charged in Thomas' death. She had been relieved of duty without pay pending an administrative hearing.

An autopsy found Thomas had cocaine in her system, but the cause of death was listed as undetermined because the struggle couldn't be excluded as a contributing factor. There were no internal injuries or bruising.

O'Callaghan faces a maximum of three years in county jail when she is sentenced July 23.

Rico said O'Callaghan was remanded to custody at her own request while she awaits sentencing to avoid causing the family any more grief. He added that he will ask for probation as a minimum based on her military service and career before the charges.

Rico gave her a hug before she was handcuffed in her seat and remanded to the custody of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department without bail.

Najee Ali, a community activist who said he spoke with the Thomas family, said they were grateful for the verdict but that "no one is celebrating" because Thomas is gone. He noted, however, that "it's very rare to have a police officer prosecuted, let alone convicted."

Ali said the family is asking that O'Callaghan receive the maximum sentence to send a message that police brutality will not be tolerated.

"It is always disappointing when an officer fails to uphold the high standards and professionalism shown by the thousands of LAPD officers" daily, LAPD Chief Charlie Beck said.

He said he appreciated the partnership with the district attorney's office "to ensure that officers who operate outside of the law, and tarnish our badge, are held accountable."

District Attorney Jackie Lacey said in a statement she was "pleased that the jury agreed with our assessment of the evidence."

"The verdict proves the criminal justice system works," Lacey said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/jury-convicts-female-la-officer-assault-deadly-arrest-31563862

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #2203 on: June 06, 2015, 02:30:30 AM »
In addition to my outrage about the story (if it's accurate) I found this interesting:

An officer told her they were investigating the home for failing to have natural gas or electric service, as required by county ordinance.

What a bunch of bullshit! Why should people be required to have natural gas? Or, for that matter, electric service?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2204 on: June 06, 2015, 05:54:08 AM »
Everyone screws up.  It's the cover ups and false charges that make people hate cops.  Cause if one cop is caught lying in paperwork, we wonder how many aren't caught. 

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #2205 on: June 06, 2015, 06:57:46 AM »
I watched the video without reading the comments to get a unbiased look at it.

After watching the video I concur with the ruling.

The police were responding to a call where a subject was waving a gun around. As the officer pulled up on the 3, all 3 appeared to have been positioned where they saw the officer. 2 stayed, the one walked away from the officer. This is not normal. You would expect all 3 friends to remain together. Anxiety goes up

Officer calls after the guy to stop. He continues to walk. Another notch of anxiety.

The guy then reaches under his shirt in front while continuing to walk. Looks very much like a person could be accessing a weapon.

When the guy turns around and sees the officer pointing the gun at him he does not remove his hands, he leaves them under his shirt at his waiste and continues to walk backwards not appearing to obey the officers commands.

Action beats reaction every time so when the guy starts moving his hands around his waistband, not following instructions, the officer shot. I would have shot, you would have shot. This wasn't even a close one to call.

Unfortunate, but not murder.  

I think the cop jumped the gun a bit, but it was obviously a tense situation and I agree the kid's reactions didn't help.

However the cop fucked up majorly post-shooting. He turned a guy in very obvious medical distress and in need of urgent medical assistance over to handcuff him, and left him down there in a pool of his own blood.

And then he spits that "stay with me buddy!" bullshit out? Fuck that.

More generally about this "action beats reaction" stuff: I expect cops to be well-trained and in control of their emotions and their anxiety. I expect them to exercise sound judgement and to not be blunt instruments capable of only doing one thing: pulling a trigger.

Just because someone looks suspicious and you are in fear for your life doesn't mean you should be able to shoot, even if the politicos have granted you that right. This whole mentality that cops have every time they go out - "this could be my last day!" - is dangerous and wrong. No matter the circumstances, the cop is afraid for his life, which magically justifies everything.

This notion that "cops want to go home at the end of their shift" is unique to cops is also bullshit. Everybody wants to go home - this kid wanted too, I'm sure. It's simple: you chose to be a cop and accept certain risks. If it turns out thay the risk profile of your job exceeds your risk tolerance, don't shoot! Just get another job - mall security guard perhaps.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #2206 on: June 06, 2015, 07:50:18 AM »
I watched the video without reading the comments to get a unbiased look at it.

After watching the video I concur with the ruling.

The police were responding to a call where a subject was waving a gun around. As the officer pulled up on the 3, all 3 appeared to have been positioned where they saw the officer. 2 stayed, the one walked away from the officer. This is not normal. You would expect all 3 friends to remain together. Anxiety goes up

Officer calls after the guy to stop. He continues to walk. Another notch of anxiety.

The guy then reaches under his shirt in front while continuing to walk. Looks very much like a person could be accessing a weapon.

When the guy turns around and sees the officer pointing the gun at him he does not remove his hands, he leaves them under his shirt at his waiste and continues to walk backwards not appearing to obey the officers commands.

Action beats reaction every time so when the guy starts moving his hands around his waistband, not following instructions, the officer shot. I would have shot, you would have shot. This wasn't even a close one to call.

Unfortunate, but not murder.  

Way too.much logic here. Judging from the comments on youtube, society is dumber then I thought because all they saw was some innocent guy get killed. As far as I'm concerned he was responsible for whatever happened to him.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2207 on: June 06, 2015, 09:23:13 AM »
However the cop fucked up majorly post-shooting. He turned a guy in very obvious medical distress and in need of urgent medical assistance over to handcuff him, and left him down there in a pool of his own blood.

x2   THIS

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #2208 on: June 06, 2015, 09:28:35 AM »

In October, the DA ruled this murder “justified.”

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/graphic-body-cam-footage-shows-killer-cop-murders-innocent-unarmed-man/

If this was such a scary situation and the guys actions were so frightening, how come the other cop that had his gun trained on the guy didn't shoot?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2209 on: June 06, 2015, 05:39:09 PM »
In addition to my outrage about the story (if it's accurate) I found this interesting:

What a bunch of bullshit! Why should people be required to have natural gas? Or, for that matter, electric service?

Seems the occupants and the landlord were at a standstill. I've had ocassion to visit homes where the electricity, gas and water have been shut off and they were squatting. Not saying these were but the living conditions were impacting the neighbors with the stench from not flushing. Bathtub used as commode.They were burning candles at night and the landlord was evicting them. So the reason they are required to have some type of utilities probaby stems from similar issues. Just read the article, don't have all the info

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2210 on: June 06, 2015, 05:42:08 PM »
I think the cop jumped the gun a bit, but it was obviously a tense situation and I agree the kid's reactions didn't help.

And then he spits that "stay with me buddy!" bullshit out? Fuck that.

More generally about this "action beats reaction" stuff: I expect cops to be well-trained and in control of their emotions and their anxiety. I expect them to exercise sound judgement and to not be blunt instruments capable of only doing one thing: pulling a trigger.

Just because someone looks suspicious and you are in fear for your life doesn't mean you should be able to shoot, even if the politicos have granted you that right. This whole mentality that cops have every time they go out - "this could be my last day!" - is dangerous and wrong. No matter the circumstances, the cop is afraid for his life, which magically justifies everything.

This notion that "cops want to go home at the end of their shift" is unique to cops is also bullshit. Everybody wants to go home - this kid wanted too, I'm sure. It's simple: you chose to be a cop and accept certain risks. If it turns out thay the risk profile of your job exceeds your risk tolerance, don't shoot! Just get another job - mall security guard perhaps.

I think your concerns deserve an answer. I don't have time this evening to give it a proper one. but I will come back to it when I return from vacation.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #2211 on: June 06, 2015, 06:22:18 PM »
I think your concerns deserve an answer. I don't have time this evening to give it a proper one. but I will come back to it when I return from vacation.

To be clear: although I think the cop could have waited a bit longer before shooting, this is one of those cases where the decision to shoot could have gone either way and it was a split-second reaction that shouldn't be second-guessed. I wouldn't prosecute the cop for this shooting but I think that the department certainly ought to look at his actions post-shooting and re-evaluate the procedures for handling people who have been shot.

I also think that this incident should be studied to see how things can be done better in the future and to figure out how training can help avoid such tragedies in the future.

P.S.: Enjoy your vacation!

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #2212 on: June 07, 2015, 04:06:45 PM »
A mounted officer grabs a cell phone from a bystander, smashes it on the ground, while someone else pepper-sprays the person. The Austin PD requires an investigation to determine if grabbing and smashing a phone is proper procedure.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/austin-police-investigating-viral-pepper-spray-video-n371231

What the fuck is wrong with these cops?!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2213 on: June 07, 2015, 05:18:16 PM »
A mounted officer grabs a cell phone from a bystander, smashes it on the ground, while someone else pepper-sprays the person. The Austin PD requires an investigation to determine if grabbing and smashing a phone is proper procedure.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/austin-police-investigating-viral-pepper-spray-video-n371231

What the fuck is wrong with these cops?!

dont worry, some 'conservative' will be here to defend the police abuse.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #2214 on: June 07, 2015, 09:28:26 PM »

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/austin-police-investigating-viral-pepper-spray-video-

In 1,2,3... comments from
Mr cops Never do anything Wrong.
See No Evil.
Hear No Evil.
Speak No Evil.

'I Read the article without reading the comments to get a unbiased look at it.

After Reading the Article I concur with the ruling.

The cops were in a highly charged situation & scared for their lives.'

You are all Cop Haters & Have Problems With Authority.
There is No Corruption.
There is No Wrong Doing.
There is No Cover ups.

::)

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #2215 on: June 08, 2015, 01:48:44 PM »
US police officer to face murder trial over shooting

Video showed Michael Slager shooting Walter Scott, 50, as he fled from a traffic stop in North Charleston.

A grand jury returned a murder indictment on Monday morning, clearing the way for a formal trial.
Officer Slager now faces up to 30 years in prison. He has been held in jail since charges were announced in April.

The 33-year-old has said that he feared for his safety because Mr Scott had tried to grab his stun gun.
Video of the 4 April encounter was recorded by a bystander on his mobile phone, leading to charges of murder against Officer Slager.
Scott's brother, Rodney, spoke at a press conference on Monday to say the family is "very happy and pleased" with the indictment, but that it is only the first step.
In addition to the criminal trial, a civil lawsuit will be filed by Scott's family in the next few months.
Scarlett Wilson, solicitor for the North Charleston court, warned that despite the video evidence, the murder charge must still be proved in court.
"Just because you have video in this case, it doesn't mean it's the be-all and end-all," said Mrs Wilson at a press conference to announce the indictment.
"The issue is the people who were there who were involved, who saw or heard anything, who can demonstrate what they saw and heard."
The trial date has not yet been set.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-33053409

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #2216 on: June 08, 2015, 01:52:34 PM »

Video showed Michael Slager shooting Walter Scott, 50, as he fled from a traffic stop in North Charleston.

A grand jury returned a murder indictment on Monday morning, clearing the way for a formal trial.
Officer Slager now faces up to 30 years in prison. He has been held in jail since charges were announced in April.

The 33-year-old has said that he feared for his safety because Mr Scott had tried to grab his stun gun.
Video of the 4 April encounter was recorded by a bystander on his mobile phone, leading to charges of murder against Officer Slager.
Scott's brother, Rodney, spoke at a press conference on Monday to say the family is "very happy and pleased" with the indictment, but that it is only the first step.
In addition to the criminal trial, a civil lawsuit will be filed by Scott's family in the next few months.
Scarlett Wilson, solicitor for the North Charleston court, warned that despite the video evidence, the murder charge must still be proved in court.
"Just because you have video in this case, it doesn't mean it's the be-all and end-all," said Mrs Wilson at a press conference to announce the indictment.
"The issue is the people who were there who were involved, who saw or heard anything, who can demonstrate what they saw and heard."

In 1,2,3... comments from
Mr cops Never do anything Wrong.
See No Evil.
Hear No Evil.
Speak No Evil.

'I Read the article without reading the comments to get a unbiased look at it.

After Reading the Article I concur with the ruling.

The cops were in a highly charged situation & scared for their lives.'

You are all Cop Haters & Have Problems With Authority.
There is No Corruption.
There is No Wrong Doing.
There is No Cover ups.

Roll Eyes

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2217 on: June 08, 2015, 08:39:20 PM »

None of us were there.  We don't know how scared the cop was when the man was 20 feet away and running.  We don't know if there was some invisible force pulling on the tazer.  We don't even know if aliens were involved or not.  Maybe the whole police dashcam was hacked or something.

None of us was there, so stone cold evidence of a man being executed plainly on video shouldn't be used to make any kind of determination here.

LOL.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #2218 on: June 08, 2015, 08:46:31 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2219 on: June 08, 2015, 08:50:01 PM »
Owner of house blown apart by SWAT says: 'This is an abomination. This is an atrocity'

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/front-range/greenwood-village/owner-of-greenwood-village-house-blown-apart-by-swat-says-this-is-an-abomination-this-is-an-atrocity

I think someone should post a pic of a cop helping an old woman across the street, which we can all use as definitive evidence that police abuse doesn't exist.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #2220 on: June 10, 2015, 08:35:41 AM »
Police Steal $16,000 from Farmer to Finance a Larger Operation to Rob More People

Livingston, MT — Lorenzo Ayala was on his way back from being stood up by a woman he met online when he was pulled over and subsequently robbed by a Montana State Trooper.

During his drive to meet his online friend, Ayala, who is also a farmer, was also going to purchase parts for his broken tractor so he had his savings of $16,000 in his trunk.

On his way to California, Montana Highway Patrol Trooper Erick Fetterhoff pulled Ayala over on Interstate 90 near Livingston, according to court records.

Fetterhoff is trained as an expert to seek out substances that his bosses tell him to kidnap and cage people for possessing.  He said in his police report that he smelled cologne and saw multiple suspicious items indicative of these substances.

Fetterhoff then deprived Ayala of his right to be secure in his own belongings and began to tear apart his vehicle in search of illegal drugs.

No drugs were found.

What was found, however, was $16,020 that Ayala had saved to purchase parts to fix his tractor. Despite the Highway Patrol not finding any illegal substances, and not charging Ayala with a crime, his money was ‘seized’ or stolen, depending on who you ask.

This money was stolen in June of 2013. It was then used to help finance an entire unit devoted to pulling people over and stealing their property. In the last 18 months alone, the patrol has spent more than $170,000 of stolen funds to build a larger operation to keep stealing more funds in a crazy cycle of robbery for growth.

The good news is, however, that their robbery scheme will soon be coming to an end, or at least it will be heavily diminished.

For years, the courts acted with the police and were able to rob people like Ayala without convicting them of a crime. But on July 1, all of that changes.

Montana became the fourth state to overhaul their “policing for profit” scam. At the beginning of next month, officers must store suspects’ assets until the owner is convicted of a crime involving that property.

“The police ought to have to prove something before they take your stuff away,” Chris Young, one of Ayala’s attorneys, said. “And now they do.”

While this is a small step forward in the fight to stop the fleecing of American citizens by law enforcement, it will likely lead to a slew of other problems. Police will likely be reluctant to bring their windfall operations to a halt, so they will likely take any means necessary to seek convictions; whether or not the person is actually guilty of a crime.
Road piracy in the US has reached epic proportions.

It has gotten so bad that the Canadian government has issued a public service announcement for its citizens warning them that American Road Pirates, aka police officers, may very well rob them upon entry into the US.

Since September 2001, there have been 62,000 incidents of road piracy; resulting in a booty of over $2.5 billion.

In the US, “298 departments and 210 task forces have seized the equivalent of 20 percent or more of their annual budgets since 2008” according to a report by the Post.

Some might try and say that this money and property is obviously “taken from criminals” in order to rationalize this theft on a massive scale. However, as is evident in the case of Mr. Ayala, the government does not have to charge you with a crime, let alone convict you, to take your property and after they steal your property the burden of proof is on you to get it back.

Only one sixth of the 62,000 cases of cash forfeitures to police in the last decade have been challenged in court due to the high cost of challenging the state; not to mention that since their money was stolen, even if they once had the funds to challenge the theft, they may not any longer.

The justice department’s asset forfeiture fund in 2011 was $1.8 billion.

In Philadelphia alone, more than $64 million in seized property has been taken in the last decade and 100% of it has gone into the pockets of cops, judges, and other bureaucrats with a hand in the treasure chest.

But these billions stolen from the citizens of this country by the ones who claim to keep them safe, are just an example of a few bad apples, right? It’s most assuredly not a systemic problem resulting from the glaring unaccountable nature of the state.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/police-steal-16000-farmer-finance-larger-operation-rob-people/

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #2221 on: June 10, 2015, 08:58:50 AM »
SHERIFF CLARKE: MCKINNEY, TX COP ACTIONS ‘HIGHLY PROBLEMATIC,’ BUT DON’T WARRANT CRIMINAL CHARGES

On Wednesday’s “The Kelly File,” Milwaukee, WI County Sheriff David Clarke offered his thoughts on the so-called pool party incident in McKinney, TX where a video appears to show recently resigned McKinney, TX police Cpl. Eric Casebolt pin a female to the ground and also draw his gun on other teens.

Clarke explained the actions of Casebolt were improper and said he didn’t anticipate Casebolt being hired by another police department in the immediate future. But he also said Casebolt’s actions did not warrant criminal action when asked by host Megyn Kelly.

“I don’t think from what I saw,” Clarke replied. “Look, I don’t have all the facts. I saw the video, watched it several times, but that’s only part of the entire incident. I want to be careful there. However, what I saw tactically, I had a huge problem with. Some of the things that that officer did. You know, he lost his head. He lost his cool. He didn’t keep his wits about him. We demand that our officers keep their wits about them in these volatile situations. You saw how chaotic he was, but he didn’t do that. I heard the chief’s comments that it was outside of their policy, but that doesn’t mean that it’s criminal. I don’t think — level of a criminal charges.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2222 on: June 10, 2015, 09:03:50 AM »
Cops covering for cops.

The police force is nothing more than a glorified gang now.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #2223 on: June 10, 2015, 09:36:25 AM »
SHERIFF CLARKE: MCKINNEY, TX COP ACTIONS ‘HIGHLY PROBLEMATIC,’ BUT DON’T WARRANT CRIMINAL CHARGES

On Wednesday’s “The Kelly File,” Milwaukee, WI County Sheriff David Clarke offered his thoughts on the so-called pool party incident in McKinney, TX where a video appears to show recently resigned McKinney, TX police Cpl. Eric Casebolt pin a female to the ground and also draw his gun on other teens.

Clarke explained the actions of Casebolt were improper and said he didn’t anticipate Casebolt being hired by another police department in the immediate future. But he also said Casebolt’s actions did not warrant criminal action when asked by host Megyn Kelly.

“I don’t think from what I saw,” Clarke replied. “Look, I don’t have all the facts. I saw the video, watched it several times, but that’s only part of the entire incident. I want to be careful there. However, what I saw tactically, I had a huge problem with. Some of the things that that officer did. You know, he lost his head. He lost his cool. He didn’t keep his wits about him. We demand that our officers keep their wits about them in these volatile situations. You saw how chaotic he was, but he didn’t do that. I heard the chief’s comments that it was outside of their policy, but that doesn’t mean that it’s criminal. I don’t think — level of a criminal charges.

Even when they're witless.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #2224 on: June 10, 2015, 09:37:51 AM »
Cops covering for cops.

The police force is nothing more than a glorified gang now.

They are the 'authorized' gang, yes.