Author Topic: Police State - Official Thread  (Read 995488 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: Police State - Official Thread
« Reply #2400 on: August 10, 2015, 08:56:21 AM »

The police have a very Dangerous job.
They have to fear for their lives everyday they go to work.

Top 10 Most Dangerous Jobs in the Country: Police Officer is NOT on the List

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop-top-10-dangerous-jobs-country-tanks/
 ;)

Probably due in part to the precautions police take to avoid making the top 10. Just walking up on the passenger side of a vehicle during a late night traffic stop rather than the drivers side has saved a life. 2 officers at the call, able to take the suspect into custody who was resisting. I understand the distaste when police representatives lament on how dangerous the job is. We picked this career, partly because of the unknown or the danger. But on the other hand, to point to a list and say policing is not dangerous is totally ignorant as well.     

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #2401 on: August 10, 2015, 04:15:42 PM »
Probably due in part to the precautions police take to avoid making the top 10. Just walking up on the passenger side of a vehicle during a late night traffic stop rather than the drivers side has saved a life. 2 officers at the call, able to take the suspect into custody who was resisting. I understand the distaste when police representatives lament on how dangerous the job is. We picked this career, partly because of the unknown or the danger. But on the other hand, to point to a list and say policing is not dangerous is totally ignorant as well.     

You make some good points.
Then ruin it by your 'ignorant' remark.
Posting a table of dangerous jobs is hardly ignorant is it.
Is it because cops are not top of the list that you are so hurt.
The old line 'cops just want to go home to wife & kids'
Doesn't quite cut it compared to those other jobs.
They also Want to just go home.

It is you who is rude & ignorant.
We have had many a disagreement & you are the one to call names.
Not a likeable quality in a supposedly experienced & professional cop.
Although clearly you are not on duty & saying what you want.

Let's go back to the
See No Evil
Hear No Evil
Speak No Evil
Cops.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2402 on: August 11, 2015, 08:22:50 AM »

You make some good points.
Then ruin it by your 'ignorant' remark.
Posting a table of dangerous jobs is hardly ignorant is it.
Is it because cops are not top of the list that you are so hurt.
The old line 'cops just want to go home to wife & kids'
Doesn't quite cut it compared to those other jobs.
They also Want to just go home.

It is you who is rude & ignorant.
We have had many a disagreement & you are the one to call names.
Not a likeable quality in a supposedly experienced & professional cop.
Although clearly you are not on duty & saying what you want.

Let's go back to the
See No Evil
Hear No Evil
Speak No Evil
Cops.

You started off good, then about 5 words into it you ruined it. Ignorance is not always in insult. A person who refers to a list and says policing isn't that dangerous is ignorant of the facts surrounding policing. I have commented on subjects on many occasions that I was truly ignorant about.

Evolution- I know enough to get embarrassed once the discussion moves into college level

Auto Mechanics- I can replace an alternator and plugs, don't even get me lying about air/fuel ratios

Computer IT- A 6th grader is probably more knowledgeable.

Stocks, EFT, Bonds- Know enough to lose money consistently if I chose to do so.

I'm ignorant in those areas for the most part. Probably 100's of more areas, but I know policing.     

M4tad0r

• Getbig III
« Reply #2403 on: August 11, 2015, 01:56:50 PM »
First they came for the blacks, now is just anybody, white kids included, and the count keep going up, up and awaaay....

The original footage:

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2404 on: August 11, 2015, 02:44:19 PM »
You started off good, then about 5 words into it you ruined it. Ignorance is not always in insult. A person who refers to a list and says policing isn't that dangerous is ignorant of the facts surrounding policing. I have commented on subjects on many occasions that I was truly ignorant about.

Evolution- I know enough to get embarrassed once the discussion moves into college level

Auto Mechanics- I can replace an alternator and plugs, don't even get me lying about air/fuel ratios

Computer IT- A 6th grader is probably more knowledgeable.

Stocks, EFT, Bonds- Know enough to lose money consistently if I chose to do so.

I'm ignorant in those areas for the most part. Probably 100's of more areas, but I know policing.     

It's a 50/50 on the use & interpretation of how the word was meant.
Either using the word to label someone,
Or as you say being bereft of the information.

Still it's irrelevant as the table just shows deaths per job
& policing isn't that high on the list.

Dangerous in other respects no doubt.
Then the same can be said for other jobs also.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #2405 on: August 11, 2015, 05:14:33 PM »
For Deaf Woman, NYPD Is 25 Years in the Past

MANHATTAN (CN) - Setting back the clock before the Americans with Disabilities Act, New York City argued the "extraordinary position" that it did not need to get a deaf woman a translator before arresting her, a federal judge said.
     The scathing opinion dismisses the city's final attempt to avert a trial in a civil rights lawsuit by Diana Williams, a 58-year-old deaf landlord from Staten Island.
     On Sept. 11, 2011, Diana and her husband Chris Williams tried to evict tenants who had fallen behind on their rent.
     Both of the Williamses are deaf, and neither of them can speak more than a few words verbally.
     When the tenant's hearing boyfriend gestured that he had a gun, Chris called for the police using a video relay service that the couple says should have tipped off the dispatcher to send help quickly - and bring a translator, the judge's ruling states.
     Instead, the NYPD arrived without an American Sign Language interpreter and police heard only the tenants' side of the altercation, they say.
     U.S. District Judge Valierie Caproni called arresting officer Christopher Romano's memory of the encounter "at best hazy."
     "Curiously," in the words of the judge, Romano insisted in a deposition that he spoke to Diana Williams - who cannot hear, speak English or read lips - before arresting her.
     Williams says that Romano arrested her without making any effort to communicate, and he could not understand her pleas for an ASL interpreter
     Other tenants at the scene testified that police rejected their offers to interpret for them before they brought Williams in handcuffs to the 122nd Precinct.
     Williams says that police held her for nearly 24 hours before releasing her without charges.
     She sued the city three years ago, and her most recent complaint alleged false arrest, assault and battery and other charges.
     New York City argued that an arrest did not qualify as a "service, program, or activity" that would fall under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
     Scoffing at the argument, Caproni allowed all of the claims to proceed to trial on Wednesday.
     "New York City takes the extraordinary position that, even though the Americans with Disabilities Act has been the law of the land for 25 years, it has no obligation to provide any accommodation to the hearing-impaired at the time of an arrest, even if doing so could easily be accomplished without endangering the officers or the public safety and without interfering in the lawful execution of the officers' duties," she wrote.
     New York City signed an agreement with the federal government in 2009 pledging to comply with the ADA's requirements for the deaf and hearing-impaired.
     But Carol Roberson, the city's assistant commissioner for training the NYPD on interacting with the disabled, testified during the lead-up to Williams's trial that she had made no changes in the department's program six years later, according to the ruling.
     "Moreover, five police officers who had some involvement in this case were deposed, and none could recall whether he had ever received any ADA-related training," the opinion stated.
     Caproni added that it would be "preposterous to believe that given the diversity of the population in the City of New York, the NYPD did not know full well" that it would encounter deaf and hearing-impaired citizens.
     She allowed Williams to try to hold the city accountable for municipal liabilities, awarded when authorities show "deliberate indifference" to their civil rights obligations.
     The New York City Law Department said it is reviewing the decision.
     Andrew Rozynski, the co-director of the Eisenberg & Baum Law Center for Deaf and Hard of Hearing, said in a statement that his firm was "pleased" with the ruling.
     "We hope that it will send a message to all police departments across the country that providing communication access to the deaf is critical in ensuring that their rights are protected under the law," he said.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2015/08/07/for-deaf-woman-nypd-is-25-years-in-the-past.htm

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #2406 on: August 11, 2015, 05:19:46 PM »
Good example of systemic abuse (which doesn't exist, of course  ;)    ):

Cliffs:

-Cop tossing homeless guy under arrest peanuts and treating him like a circus animal.
-Cop has prior poor behavior
-Cop has been fired (don't hold your breath that he won't be re-instated)

Props to them firing the cop.  But, as we can all see, there were several officers witnessing this with at least one laughing about it.

Cops wouldn't do that, right?  They would never allow such behavior to go on.  Afterall, it's just the 'one' bad apple, here and there.  ::)

Should've fired all their asses.

*edit - cop resigned under threat of being fired.  But, props for the threat and taking it seriously.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #2407 on: August 11, 2015, 05:23:16 PM »

It's a 50/50 on the use & interpretation of how the word was meant.
Either using the word to label someone,
Or as you say being bereft of the information.

Still it's irrelevant as the table just shows deaths per job
& policing isn't that high on the list.

Dangerous in other respects no doubt.
Then the same can be said for other jobs also.

Based on that list, I'd say loggers and construction workers should be provided with some big ass MRAPS from the military, you know, to keep them safe.  :D

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2408 on: August 11, 2015, 06:04:38 PM »

MANHATTAN (CN) - Setting back the clock before the Americans with Disabilities Act, New York City argued the "extraordinary position" that it did not need to get a deaf woman a translator before arresting her, a federal judge said.
     The scathing opinion dismisses the city's final attempt to avert a trial in a civil rights lawsuit by Diana Williams, a 58-year-old deaf landlord from Staten Island.
     On Sept. 11, 2011, Diana and her husband Chris Williams tried to evict tenants who had fallen behind on their rent.
     Both of the Williamses are deaf, and neither of them can speak more than a few words verbally.
     When the tenant's hearing boyfriend gestured that he had a gun, Chris called for the police using a video relay service that the couple says should have tipped off the dispatcher to send help quickly - and bring a translator, the judge's ruling states.
     Instead, the NYPD arrived without an American Sign Language interpreter and police heard only the tenants' side of the altercation, they say.
     U.S. District Judge Valierie Caproni called arresting officer Christopher Romano's memory of the encounter "at best hazy."
     "Curiously," in the words of the judge, Romano insisted in a deposition that he spoke to Diana Williams - who cannot hear, speak English or read lips - before arresting her.
     Williams says that Romano arrested her without making any effort to communicate, and he could not understand her pleas for an ASL interpreter
     Other tenants at the scene testified that police rejected their offers to interpret for them before they brought Williams in handcuffs to the 122nd Precinct.
     Williams says that police held her for nearly 24 hours before releasing her without charges.
     She sued the city three years ago, and her most recent complaint alleged false arrest, assault and battery and other charges.
     New York City argued that an arrest did not qualify as a "service, program, or activity" that would fall under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
     Scoffing at the argument, Caproni allowed all of the claims to proceed to trial on Wednesday.
     "New York City takes the extraordinary position that, even though the Americans with Disabilities Act has been the law of the land for 25 years, it has no obligation to provide any accommodation to the hearing-impaired at the time of an arrest, even if doing so could easily be accomplished without endangering the officers or the public safety and without interfering in the lawful execution of the officers' duties," she wrote.
     New York City signed an agreement with the federal government in 2009 pledging to comply with the ADA's requirements for the deaf and hearing-impaired.
     But Carol Roberson, the city's assistant commissioner for training the NYPD on interacting with the disabled, testified during the lead-up to Williams's trial that she had made no changes in the department's program six years later, according to the ruling.
     "Moreover, five police officers who had some involvement in this case were deposed, and none could recall whether he had ever received any ADA-related training," the opinion stated.
     Caproni added that it would be "preposterous to believe that given the diversity of the population in the City of New York, the NYPD did not know full well" that it would encounter deaf and hearing-impaired citizens.
     She allowed Williams to try to hold the city accountable for municipal liabilities, awarded when authorities show "deliberate indifference" to their civil rights obligations.
     Andrew Rozynski, the co-director of the Eisenberg & Baum Law Center for Deaf and Hard of Hearing, said in a statement that his firm was "pleased" with the ruling.
     "We hope that it will send a message to all police departments across the country that providing communication access to the deaf is critical in ensuring that their rights are protected under the law," he said.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2015/08/07/for-deaf-woman-nypd-is-25-years-in-the-past.htm

Come on white knight agnostic pls explain what we are obviously missing here
In this report.
A Deaf & Dumb Couple, but the cops spoke to her then arrested her.
No doubt we just got the tip of the story & the cops were in fear of their lives
And had to handcuff her & hold her for 24hrs then let her go no charges.!!!

That bitch 6yrs in charge & changed Fcuk all. 
I hope she is extremely well paid for her competence.  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2409 on: August 11, 2015, 07:26:53 PM »
some idiot here will defend the cop making the hungry prisoner eat off the floor.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2410 on: August 11, 2015, 08:03:27 PM »
Boston Police Commissioner Hoping to Criminalize the Recording of Cops

Source: PINAC News

In a recent interview with The Boston Herald, Boston police Commissioner William Evans whined about people who record the police, even going so far as to call for a new law that would criminalize the act of recording a police officer while standing within a certain distance of them.

“If we can get legislation to make it fair, so it protects both sides, then I’m all for it,” Evans told the Herald. “Would I love to see a little distance? I’d love to see that.”

I’m glad Evans finally admits that the public needs legal protection when they record his officers. I’ve needed protection from the Boston police for years as they have threatened me with false arrest, with “physical removal” from public buildings and have shoved me around on many occasions.

But I don’t think that’s what the commissioner meant.

Read more: http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2015/08/boston-police-commissioner-hoping-to-criminalize-the-recording-of-cops-in-public/

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2411 on: August 11, 2015, 08:16:00 PM »
Good example of systemic abuse (which doesn't exist, of course  ;)    ):

Cliffs:

-Cop tossing homeless guy under arrest peanuts and treating him like a circus animal.
-Cop has prior poor behavior
-Cop has been fired (don't hold your breath that he won't be re-instated)

Props to them firing the cop.  But, as we can all see, there were several officers witnessing this with at least one laughing about it.

Cops wouldn't do that, right?  They would never allow such behavior to go on.  Afterall, it's just the 'one' bad apple, here and there.  ::)

Should've fired all their asses.

*edit - cop resigned under threat of being fired.  But, props for the threat and taking it seriously.

I think agnostic has lost the fight the overwhelming number of incidents
Of cops Behaving Badly, Lying, Cheating, covering, watching Etc.
And growing daily.
So many just stand around & let there colleagues Behave terribly but
Just do nothing.
Where has their sense of right & wrong gone?
If they were watching joe public behave this way No doubt they would soon
Act to uphold the law & what is right & wrong & arrest them.
Why do they not act in the same way to other cops.?

It's Not Just 1 Bad Apple
The Whole Barrel is Going Rotten in one way or another.

The cops watching & doing nothing are guilty of neglect of duty.
All the Scumbags should be Sacked & Prosecuted.

No wonder so so little faith in policing & cops by joe public.

Is Clearly Indicating that it's not just the odd bad apple.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2412 on: August 12, 2015, 07:26:37 AM »
Should the stand-your-ground law apply if a cop approaches you?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #2413 on: August 12, 2015, 10:32:02 AM »
Sheriff Clarke on Ferguson: 'A Bunch Of Thugs, Creeps and Criminals'

Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke (D) said that the Black Lives Matter protests have been”turned into a political construct” and are “nothing more than an attempt to try to energize and mobilize the black vote through the 2016 election” on Monday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel “O’Reilly Factor.”

Clarke said the renewed protests in Ferguson were “nothing more than a return to the scene of the big lie, the hands up, don’t shoot, this whole Black Lives Matter movement. This false narrative that came out Ferguson. They destroyed the town. Look, a bunch of thugs, a bunch of creeps, criminals, race-hustlers, with a scattering of some law-abiding people, converged in this are and ripped the town up. I would like to think that this phony movement would have come back to Ferguson one year later to apologize to the people, the good law-abiding people of Ferguson, Missouri. But instead, we get this whole phony movement that’s just been turned into a political construct, Eric, I think you know that. This is nothing more than an attempt to try to energize and mobilize the black vote through the 2016 election. And there’s no better way for them to inflame it than to bring race and police together in the same narrative because it’s an explosive issue.” And “You know, I’ve renamed this movement after Baltimore ‘coming to a city near you.’ And it’s also happened in other cities. Yeah, they’re going to keep this thing going. It’s an unfortunate thing because, look, this isn’t Selma, Alabama, this isn’t Montgomery, this isn’t the Civil Rights movement. Mike Brown was engaged in felonious conduct. This is a slap in the face to people like Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King Jr. They ought to go back and study Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. I don’t remember gunfire and rioting breaking out at a protest rally or protest movement that he held.”

Clarke concluded, “the whole thing is phony. Look, if there are problems in some of these cities, and there might be, those things should be dealt with on a local level. This is not a national movement, Eric. They’re trying to turn it into [one]. Let the people at the local level work through their problems, and if problems do exist with the police, let them work it out at that level. But instead, like I said, this is a political construct now. This isn’t about civil rights. This isn’t about making — improving relations between minority communities and police. This is about mobilizing and energizing the black vote for the 2016 election.”

Clarke also stated of the handling of the Ferguson protests, “I’m glad that they called the state of emergency early. You have to preempt this sort of thing. They have to have the resources in place, and they have to be able to, and ready to, act quickly. I think in the first round. And I thought — saw this in other cities, there was an over-reliance by the police on avoiding confrontation. Look, the police are not looking for confrontation. But if someone’s going to bring the fight, then they have to respond quickly. If there’s looting, if there’s gunfire like last night, there’s rioting, there’s other sort of criminal behavior, law enforcement has to take the resources that they have, make sure they have them in place, make sure they have a solid plan, respond quickly, and crush and don’t — and give the impression to these individuals early on, that this stuff’s not going to stand.”

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2414 on: August 12, 2015, 07:15:46 PM »
If you're a person that thinks we don't need cameras on police...

Cop Arrested After His Own Body Cam Refuted His Report, Shows Him Pummeling Teen

In his report, Fraser wrote that his victim, 19-year-old Michael Roquet “struck me with his left elbow in my chest,” and later “he hit me again with his elbow…. so I struck him in the leg and upper body” and then handcuffed him.

However, according to the body camera footage of the incident, it is clear that there is no violent struggle, and only a drunken college kid serving as an outlet for this cop’s rage. At no time in the report did Fraser mention that he struck Roquet in the head. Nor did Fraser mention that Roquet fell to the ground after the devastating blow and that he proceeded to pummel his inebriated victim as he curled up in the fetal position to protect himself.

“He is not resisting at that point, he is on the ground,” said Police Chief Scott Freeman as he watched the video of this beating.

Amazingly enough, when the department investigated themselves, they actually found wrongdoing. In the report investigators issued to Fraser after the incident they stated that “You violated… policy…. You used hard control strikes from an impact weapon… on an individual who was actively resistant, but was not assaultive…. a strike to the head from a baton is considered use of deadly force…. You used more force than necessary.”

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/cop-arrested-after-his-own-body-cam-refuted-his-report-shows-him-pummeling-teen

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2415 on: August 13, 2015, 04:15:31 PM »
If you're a person that thinks we don't need cameras on police...

Cop Arrested After His Own Body Cam Refuted His Report, Shows Him Pummeling Teen

In his report, Fraser wrote that his victim, 19-year-old Michael Roquet “struck me with his left elbow in my chest,” and later “he hit me again with his elbow…. so I struck him in the leg and upper body” and then handcuffed him.

However, according to the body camera footage of the incident, it is clear that there is no violent struggle, and only a drunken college kid serving as an outlet for this cop’s rage. At no time in the report did Fraser mention that he struck Roquet in the head. Nor did Fraser mention that Roquet fell to the ground after the devastating blow and that he proceeded to pummel his inebriated victim as he curled up in the fetal position to protect himself.

“He is not resisting at that point, he is on the ground,” said Police Chief Scott Freeman as he watched the video of this beating.

Amazingly enough, when the department investigated themselves, they actually found wrongdoing. In the report investigators issued to Fraser after the incident they stated that “You violated… policy…. You used hard control strikes from an impact weapon… on an individual who was actively resistant, but was not assaultive…. a strike to the head from a baton is considered use of deadly force…. You used more force than necessary.”

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/cop-arrested-after-his-own-body-cam-refuted-his-report-shows-him-pummeling-teen

Not only did the internal investigation find Fraser in the wrong, but the department went against the normal circling of the blue wagons and refused to support the violent tactics of one of their own.

“That is unauthorized use of force, absolutely.  And that is something that is completely intolerable, and something we’re not going to put up with, and we dealt with it appropriately,” said Freeman.

After being accused by his fellow officers, Fraser denied striking Roquet in the head, despite the video showing it. He attempted to justify his deadly force by saying that he had “tunnel vision.” He then said, in a serious manner, that he “knows he is out of shape,” so he had to beat down the 19-year-old drunk man because he was scared and didn’t know if  “he [Roquet] was going to spring up from that position and continue resisting.  I struck him again on his back.”

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2416 on: August 13, 2015, 04:19:43 PM »

Cops don't carry interpreters with them so arriving to a disturbance without one is normal. Not using the services of people who do sign is not normal. We have a school for the Deaf here and I have dealt with a number of calls with people who can't hear or speak. Never had an issue working through it. Poor police work on their part.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #2417 on: August 14, 2015, 11:38:16 AM »
City of Pittsburgh named in lawsuit stemming from armed raid of family’s home

PITTSBURGH — A lawsuit filed against the city of Pittsburgh alleges that a family of six was forced from their home at gunpoint, illegally and without a warrant, during a predawn raid in January 2014.

The suit -- filed on behalf of Tabatha Werkmeister, Grinage Dion Wilson and their four young children, ages 2 through 9 -- claims that members of the Pittsburgh SWAT team broke down the door to their Fleming Avenue apartment, threw in a smoke bomb and forcibly removed them. They were then held in the back of an unheated truck for 30 to 45 minutes in temperatures of about 20 degrees.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/city-pittsburgh-named-lawsuit-stemming-armed-raid-/nnJj5/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #2418 on: August 16, 2015, 09:02:14 AM »
Police Hit Organic Farm with Massive SWAT Raid for No Reason, Taxpayers to be Held Liable

Arlington, TX — In an effort to protect the citizens of Texas, a massive military-style raid was conducted on the Garden of Eden organic farm and commune.

On August 2, 2103, nearly two dozen heavily armed SWAT officers stormed this peaceful farm in search of a plant. They found lots of plants, but much to their dismay, they did not find the plant they were looking for.

Countless tax dollars and months of  half-cocked planning went down the drain that day after it was discovered that police incompetence had led these troops into a battle to which there can be no victor.

In the days leading up to this asinine military assault on a peaceful commune, the ineptitude of the Arlington police department was oozing from the seams.

Arlington Detective Magdalena Perez, through a series of poor decisions, frivolously came to the conclusion that the peaceful hippies at the Garden of Eden were up to no good and were cultivating marijuana. The horror! However, Perez was terribly wrong.

Prior to the raid, these heroes even conducted a flyover of the farm and wrongly determined that the Garden of Eden was an evil pot farm. But they were mistaken. After their 20 soldiers had stormed the garden, the Arlington police found not one single gram of marijuana.

What they did find, however, was a myriad of fruits and vegetables; and they seized them. After seemingly disgusted in themselves for such an ignorant and ill-conceived plan, the officers heroically proceeded to confiscate, “17 blackberry bushes, 15 okra plants, 14 tomatillo plants … native grasses and sunflowers.”

Since they couldn’t arrest anyone for growing pot, these public servants decided that they didn’t want to go home empty-handed, so they began writing citations for code violations, like untrimmed bushes and tires laying around. Then they arrested a member of the commune, Quinn Eaker, for an outstanding traffic ticket.

Now, just over two years later, the Garden of Eden farm is seeking damages, and rightfully so. This peaceful group was held at gunpoint and terrorized for hours because of the incompetence of the Arlington PD and the immoral nature of the war on drugs.

The lawsuit, filed by Garden of Eden residents last month, claims police violated their rights to be free from unreasonable search and seizure.

They are seeking compensation for the property and emotional damage caused by the raid, along with the legal expenses they have incurred. They are also asking for punitive damages, “because the City of Arlington and Detective Perez showed a reckless and callous indifference” to their constitutional rights, according to Reason Magazine.

The residents of the farm will undoubtedly win this lawsuit, and the monetary settlement will come from the taxpayers. The 20 armed men who raided the farm along with the inept detective and the rest of the department who initiated the raid will remain on the job. They will receive their regularly scheduled promotions, and nothing will change.

Until officers are held individually liable for their irresponsible actions, this blank check of negligence will continue to grow, and continue to be passed on to the backs of those who do not deserve to carry its weight, the US taxpayer.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/farmers-suing-cops-mistook-organic-tomatoes-weed-raided/

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2419 on: August 16, 2015, 10:07:27 AM »
Police Hit Organic Farm with Massive SWAT Raid for No Reason, Taxpayers to be Held Liable

Arlington, TX — In an effort to protect the citizens of Texas, a massive military-style raid was conducted on the Garden of Eden organic farm and commune.

On August 2, 2103, nearly two dozen heavily armed SWAT officers stormed this peaceful farm in search of a plant. They found lots of plants, but much to their dismay, they did not find the plant they were looking for.

Countless tax dollars and months of  half-cocked planning went down the drain that day after it was discovered that police incompetence had led these troops into a battle to which there can be no victor.

In the days leading up to this asinine military assault on a peaceful commune, the ineptitude of the Arlington police department was oozing from the seams.

Arlington Detective Magdalena Perez, through a series of poor decisions, frivolously came to the conclusion that the peaceful hippies at the Garden of Eden were up to no good and were cultivating marijuana. The horror! However, Perez was terribly wrong.

Prior to the raid, these heroes even conducted a flyover of the farm and wrongly determined that the Garden of Eden was an evil pot farm. But they were mistaken. After their 20 soldiers had stormed the garden, the Arlington police found not one single gram of marijuana.

What they did find, however, was a myriad of fruits and vegetables; and they seized them. After seemingly disgusted in themselves for such an ignorant and ill-conceived plan, the officers heroically proceeded to confiscate, “17 blackberry bushes, 15 okra plants, 14 tomatillo plants … native grasses and sunflowers.”

Since they couldn’t arrest anyone for growing pot, these public servants decided that they didn’t want to go home empty-handed, so they began writing citations for code violations, like untrimmed bushes and tires laying around. Then they arrested a member of the commune, Quinn Eaker, for an outstanding traffic ticket.

Now, just over two years later, the Garden of Eden farm is seeking damages, and rightfully so. This peaceful group was held at gunpoint and terrorized for hours because of the incompetence of the Arlington PD and the immoral nature of the war on drugs.

The lawsuit, filed by Garden of Eden residents last month, claims police violated their rights to be free from unreasonable search and seizure.

They are seeking compensation for the property and emotional damage caused by the raid, along with the legal expenses they have incurred. They are also asking for punitive damages, “because the City of Arlington and Detective Perez showed a reckless and callous indifference” to their constitutional rights, according to Reason Magazine.

The residents of the farm will undoubtedly win this lawsuit, and the monetary settlement will come from the taxpayers. The 20 armed men who raided the farm along with the inept detective and the rest of the department who initiated the raid will remain on the job. They will receive their regularly scheduled promotions, and nothing will change.

Until officers are held individually liable for their irresponsible actions, this blank check of negligence will continue to grow, and continue to be passed on to the backs of those who do not deserve to carry its weight, the US taxpayer.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/farmers-suing-cops-mistook-organic-tomatoes-weed-raided/

And these were heavily armed police.. ::)
Call this person a detective... Fcuk sake.
I know They Were in Fear Of There Lives....
Fear of Being Attacked With Lentils No Doubt It's Vicious Attack weapon.  :D

Ok Let's Not Just take the hippies & reporters word for this attack.
Agnostic Pls Clarify What We are Missing.

Of Course These Decent Honest Good Cops should Stay in There Jobs & Get
Pay Rises & Promotions.
Why  Not..  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2420 on: August 21, 2015, 09:36:03 AM »
New York Police Sergeant Commits Suicide After Sex-Crime Charges

Source: New York Times

A New York police sergeant who was arrested this month on charges that he had sex with an underage girl he met online committed suicide on Thursday, the police said.

The sergeant, Joel Doseau, 43, who was suspended after his arrest, killed himself at his home in Canarsie, Brooklyn, a police official said. Earlier, the official had said he died at a home of a relative.

A family member went to the sergeant’s home after he had not been heard from for a few days and discovered his body. The official said the sergeant had inhaled gas fumes and appeared to have died from asphyxiation.

Sergeant Doseau was arrested on Aug. 5 and arraigned in State Supreme Court in Brooklyn on 40 criminal counts, including rape and sexual abuse. He had worked for the Police Department for 12 years at the time of his arrest.

Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/21/nyregion/new-york-police-sergeant-commits-suicide-after-sex-crime-charges.html

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2421 on: August 21, 2015, 10:16:31 AM »
New York Police Sergeant Commits Suicide After Sex-Crime Charges

Source: New York Times

A New York police sergeant who was arrested this month on charges that he had sex with an underage girl he met online committed suicide on Thursday, the police said.

The sergeant, Joel Doseau, 43, who was suspended after his arrest, killed himself at his home in Canarsie, Brooklyn, a police official said. Earlier, the official had said he died at a home of a relative.

A family member went to the sergeant’s home after he had not been heard from for a few days and discovered his body. The official said the sergeant had inhaled gas fumes and appeared to have died from asphyxiation.

Sergeant Doseau was arrested on Aug. 5 and arraigned in State Supreme Court in Brooklyn on 40 criminal counts, including rape and sexual abuse. He had worked for the Police Department for 12 years at the time of his arrest.

Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/21/nyregion/new-york-police-sergeant-commits-suicide-after-sex-crime-charges.html

good

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2422 on: August 21, 2015, 02:25:18 PM »
good

:) Yes
At last we totally Agree..ha

Your getting it right. 😉
👍🏻

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #2423 on: August 23, 2015, 08:03:02 AM »
“Stop F**king Crying!” SWAT Raids Wrong Home, Holds Naked Mom at Gunpoint in Front of Children

Worcester, MA — Marianne Diaz and her children were asleep during the pre-dawn hours of August 18 when a gang of heavily armed militarized men kicked in the door to their apartment and began terrorizing this family.

Diaz was woken up by the sound of multiple doors being kicked in. The next thing she knew, she was naked and on her knees, looking down the barrels of several AR-15 rifles.

“Stop f**king crying and take care of your f**king kids,” she quoted one officer as saying. According to Diaz, the militarized gang would keep her in this state of terror, completely nude, for ten minutes.

With her children crying at the sight of their mother being held hostage by men in black body armor, the gang proceeded to tear apart their house.

This heavily militarized invasion of an innocent family’s home was because incompetent police had raided the wrong house.

During the assault and terrorization, dispatch records show that officers called for a female officer to come to the scene. When the female officer arrived, Diaz, who was completely naked, was then patted down by the female officer and told to spread her legs to be searched.

America can be assured, however, that this sexual abuse and destruction of a family’s home was done in the best interest of public safety, and officers claim that they acted within the confines of their authority.

The only quandary here is this; cops were looking for 36-year-old Shane B. Jackson Jr., who hadn’t lived in the home since February. Diaz had no clue who Jackson was. A simple call to the electric company would have let the police know that the utilities had been switched over to Diaz’ name, months ago.

The fact that they were at the wrong house is only part of their incompetent and brutal blunder, however. These inept barbarians actually arrested Jackson 2 weeks prior to the raid!

According to the Telegram,

Ms. Diaz was disturbed when informed by a reporter that courthouse records show that Worcester police had arrested Mr. Jackson on a theft warrant two weeks ago.

In the police log entry for the arrest – which occurred on Southgate Street on Aug. 6 – officers list Mr. Jackson’s address as 71 Sylvan St.

That’s the same address listed for Mr. Jackson in multiple court cases open against him.

“Oh my God,” Ms. Diaz said after she learned of the arrest. “How can they say he lives in my apartment if he got arrested before they raided it?”

Diaz resides at 17 Hillside St.

According to records, police conducted absolutely no investigation, or surveillance prior to terrorizing this innocent family.

“They should have come to ask me,” Ms. Diaz said. “I would have let them in my home, if they wanted to search.”

“Before they left, one (officer) said, “We treated you with respect,’” Diaz recalled. “They didn’t even apologize.”

Case after case we see SWAT teams kick down doors to homes, shoot dogs, throw grenades at babies, and even kill innocent people because they are at the wrong house or acting on incorrect information.

“This botched gun raid, without any doubt, is about an innocent family with two children – one disabled – who were utterly terrorized and abused as a result of the grossly reckless conduct exhibited by (police),” charged Diaz’ lawyer Hector E. Pineiro. “There was virtually no due diligence and surveillance done to ensure that they got the right people.”

This gross and deadly negligence is inflicted upon the citizenry with extreme prejudice, and unapologetically. Sadly, Diaz is now part of a long list of innocent people who’ve been needlessly terrorized by the American police state.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/stop-fking-crying-swat-raids-wrong-home-holds-naked-mom-gunpoint-front-children/

Agnostic007

• Getbig V