Author Topic: Police State - Official Thread  (Read 995396 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: Police State - Official Thread
« Reply #2500 on: September 19, 2015, 02:15:07 PM »
The cop trucked this dude, without warning. 

Knocked the shit out of him.   The dude made no move about anything, looks like he didn't even see it coming.   Cop never ID'd himself, never made a sound, just trucked him.

The scary thing - if this happens to any of us - someone just tackles us out of nowhere - it's probably a life/death struggle at that point.  I don't know who is beating and trying to get me to submit, just a violent man who bum rushed me. 
Can lead to a lot of unnecessary shootings. 

You can't say "Cop never ID'd himself, never made a sound" based on that video.
What was wrong in this video is that it was the wrong guy.
The cop was under the belief this was the right guy. I think the article said a witness identified the guy.
If you don't want to chase a suspect down it's a good idea not to announce he is under arrest until you have placed a hand on him. This is the element of surpise. We are taught that if you are going to make an arrest, you announce it as you are grabbing on to them because it is very common for someone to bolt rather than go to jail.
I can understand this innocent guys bewilderment and hesitation in complying with a guy who is in plain clothes even if he said he was a police officer. The trick..and this is very importan..is to make sure you have the right guy before you pounce. That is a very important key to avoiding seeing yourself on national TV.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #2501 on: September 19, 2015, 02:27:39 PM »
I didn't get infuriated when I watched it..

Not surprised.

If he is arrested for resisting arrest, what was the initial arrest (that he supposedly resisted) for?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2502 on: September 19, 2015, 02:35:37 PM »
Not surprised.

If he is arrested for resisting arrest, what was the initial arrest (that he supposedly resisted) for?

That I'm not sure about, I was watching for the horrific police brutality. I'm from Texas as well and unless it is stated you are under arrest, you can't charge them with resisting arrest. However what he may have meant, I don't know, is resisting a frisk, which would be easily proven in court in my opinion. The sad thing is, had this guy been carrying, and had he wanted to kill this officer, right in front of the camera with the horribly trained officer holding one hand and the guys other hand wasnt on the car like instructed, the subject could have easily pulled a weapon out of his pocket, waiste or jacket pocket and shot the officer in the face and there wouldn't have been a thing this cop could have done about it.

Sec. 38.03.  RESISTING ARREST, SEARCH, OR TRANSPORTATION.  (a)  A person commits an offense if he intentionally prevents or obstructs a person he knows is a peace officer or a person acting in a peace officer's presence and at his direction from effecting an arrest, search, or transportation of the actor or another by using force against the peace officer or another.(b)  It is no defense to prosecution under this section that the arrest or search was unlawful.(c)  Except as provided in Subsection (d), an offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.(d)  An offense under this section is a felony of the third degree if the actor uses a deadly weapon to resist the arrest or search.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2503 on: September 19, 2015, 03:17:33 PM »

If the subject has everything to lose and nothing to gain by ignoring the officer (as it was with Mr. Blake), it adds up ONE WAY and ONLY ONE way.

The cop was under the belief this was the right guy. I think the article said a witness identified the guy.
If you don't want to chase a suspect down it's a good idea not to announce he is under arrest until you have placed a hand on him. This is the element of surpise. We are taught that if you are going to make an arrest, you announce it as you are grabbing on to them because it is very common for someone to bolt rather than go to jail.
I can understand this innocent guys bewilderment and hesitation in complying with a guy who is in plain clothes even if he said he was a police officer. The trick..and this is very importan..is to make sure you have the right guy before you pounce. That is a very important key to avoiding seeing yourself on national TV.

What do you advise should happen when an officer decides his way is better, and he acts like this?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2504 on: September 19, 2015, 03:54:44 PM »
If the subject has everything to lose and nothing to gain by ignoring the officer (as it was with Mr. Blake), it adds up ONE WAY and ONLY ONE way.

What do you advise should happen when an officer decides his way is better, and he acts like this?

what do you mean by "his way is better"

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2505 on: September 19, 2015, 04:29:33 PM »
what do you mean by "his way is better"

He decided to make his own rules, right?  How can we afford to have officers do that?  Is there a way?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2506 on: September 19, 2015, 04:33:19 PM »
When you say "his hesitation in complying" (referring to Blake)...

What do you mean?

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #2507 on: September 19, 2015, 04:40:17 PM »
That I'm not sure about, I was watching for the horrific police brutality. I'm from Texas as well and unless it is stated you are under arrest, you can't charge them with resisting arrest. However what he may have meant, I don't know, is resisting a frisk, which would be easily proven in court in my opinion. The sad thing is, had this guy been carrying, and had he wanted to kill this officer, right in front of the camera with the horribly trained officer holding one hand and the guys other hand wasnt on the car like instructed, the subject could have easily pulled a weapon out of his pocket, waiste or jacket pocket and shot the officer in the face and there wouldn't have been a thing this cop could have done about it.

Sec. 38.03.  RESISTING ARREST, SEARCH, OR TRANSPORTATION.  (a)  A person commits an offense if he intentionally prevents or obstructs a person he knows is a peace officer or a person acting in a peace officer's presence and at his direction from effecting an arrest, search, or transportation of the actor or another by using force against the peace officer or another.(b)  It is no defense to prosecution under this section that the arrest or search was unlawful.(c)  Except as provided in Subsection (d), an offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.(d)  An offense under this section is a felony of the third degree if the actor uses a deadly weapon to resist the arrest or search.

I am pretty certain that Texas doesn't have a stop-and-identify statute on the books. So why did he initiate the stop? He needs to have reasonable, articulable suspicion. If he doesn't this is a consensual encounter - one from which the citizen can walk away from.

Provided he had reasonable, articulable suspicion to initiate a stop, then, from my perspective, the cop didn't use excessive force, although he could have handled himself better - including informing the person as to the reason he was detaining him.

But I very much doubt he had reasonable, articulable suspicion to initiate a stop - he just saw a black guy walkin down the street at night. Without reasonable, articulable suspicion this is all excessive force, section 38.03 notwithstanding. Speaking of 38.03, paragraph (c) is horrible; it is immoral to suggest that resisting an unlawful act is, itself, unlawful. I understand the intent behind this, but that doesn't make it any less immoral.

Again, you act as if people must obey cops. We don't. Cops are public servants with tightly circumscribed authority. They aren't imperators, roaming the streets on their mechanized chariots, in command of the peons.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #2508 on: September 19, 2015, 04:56:31 PM »

It's evident that he didn't. But even if he did, it's clear as day that Blake didn't think it was referring to him. He's doing nothing and his demeanor doesn't change at any point - he's waiting, calmly, at the entrance of his hotel, until someone rushes in and tackles him.

What was wrong in the video is that a cop bum-rushed and violently took down a person who was calmly waiting and projected no indicators of suspicious behavior. What's wrong in the video is that the cop, apparently, decided to not investigate the situation but to simply tackle an individual based on nothing more than someone's statement.

Was that Officer's belief reasonable and justified? If I call your department and claim someone is stealing, then point him out to you, will you tackle him? Because, shit... that's very convenient. My own personal thug service just a 911 call away!

Generally a good idea, but that's a broad, broad brush you're painting with. Cops have discretion for a reason - to use their common sense and mete out force proportionally. Sadly, all we see this discretion get used for is "I fe... fe.. feared for mu... mu... mu... life" as a justification.

Your "element of surprise" deployed thoughtlessly and without care is what leaves elderly foreigners visiting their children paralyzed. James Blake is lucky to be alive and uninjured after getting "surprised" by this cop.

Would you be equally understanding of this innocent guys' bewilderment if he was armed and, in the confusion, thought he was being attacked and shot and killed that officer? Or would you be singing a very different tune while crying thin blue crocodile tears?

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #2509 on: September 20, 2015, 09:08:10 AM »
Nothing infuriating about this case of course. A good thing the careers of these cops are not hinged on the decisions of civilians. ::)

Cops Frame Innocent Man, Take His Children, Award him 1 Dollar for Destroying his Life

The abuse inflicted upon Boise resident Brian J. McNelis by the Ada County Sheriff’s Office is infuriatingly commonplace in post-constitutional America. The legal vindication he won last May, following a five-year legal ordeal, was very much out of the ordinary. Following a four-day federal civil trial in which McNelis represented himself, a jury ruled that former Ada County Sheriff’s Deputy Stephen Craig had perjured himself in order to obtain the warrant that led to a January 6, 2010 raid on McNelis’s home.

On the basis of alleged evidence that was never properly booked by the Sheriff’s Office or proven to exist, McNelis was arrested and charged with drug trafficking. Two days later, as he prepared for an emergency shelter care hearing for his high school-age daughter Andromeda, McNelis was confronted by a deputy (identified as “Officer Rodarte” in court documents), who demanded that he surrender custody of the girl. If he proceeded with the hearing, McNelis was told, he would be arrested for “child endangerment” and “felony injury to a child.”

Forced to accede to this extortion demand, McNelis relinquished custody of Andromeda, whom he hasn’t seen since – and who was alienated from him as a result of the spurious and unsubstantiated charges against him. In addition to being ostracized by other family members, McNelis, a commercial painter, lost several very profitable contracts as a result of the felony charges.

In his affidavit requesting a search warrant, Deputy Craig claimed to have received an anonymous tip that there were “a half-dozen” marijuana plants growing outside McNelis’s home. In December 29, 2009, Craig reportedly conducted a “trash pull” outside the residence that yielded no evidence of a crime. A second “pull” allegedly carried out after midnight on the morning of January 6 supposedly turned up an unspecified amount of material he identified as “marijuana trimmings” on the basis of a field test.

“How much stuff was there?” Craig was subsequently asked by internal affairs investigator John Lewis.

“I really don’t know,” Craig replied.
“Did you take any pictures of any of this stuff?” Lewis inquired.
“No, I did not,” Craig admitted.
“You didn’t send it to the ISP [Idaho State Police] forensic lab, correct?” persisted Lewis.
“That’s correct,” Craig responded, explaining that “I felt that there was no need to. It was a small quantity, field test was positive.” For the same reason, Craig continued, he didn’t bother to tell his patrol supervisor about his discovery at the time.
Not only did Craig not bother to document his alleged discovery, he didn’t confirm that the trash through which he had rummaged had actually belonged to McNelis. Among the items he claimed to have found was an unremarkable “white envelope” addressed to Brian McNelis.
“I don’t know if it was junk mail or a bill,” Craig explained to the internal affairs officer. “I didn’t look at it.”

Implausibilities, misrepresentations, and errors abounded in Craig’s affidavit. In describing the trash pull, Craig incorrectly listed BFI as the trash removal company, rather than Allied Waste, and listed the wrong day for garbage removal. He gave the wrong street as McNelis’s address. He misreported the time of the second trash pull, offering a chronology that would have had him working a 20-hour shift.

Most seriously, Craig falsely claimed to have submitted evidence from the trash pull to the Ada County Sheriff’s Office property room on December 30. It wasn’t until nearly a month later – January 20, two weeks after the raid on McNelis’s home – that Craig and his Deputy Jose Del Rio, his comrade in the ACSO’s “ACTION Team” placed evidence of any kind in the property room. Craig later insisted that the original marijuana office had been kept in a safe in the ACTION Team’s office – which would mean, in any case, that the chain of custody had been broken.

During the January 6 search of McNelis’s home, Craig claimed to have seized “grow lights” and a substantial quantity of processed marijuana. None of that evidence was properly accounted for or ever produced.

Roughly a year after the raid on McNelis’s home, Judge Timothy Hansen of Idaho’s Fourth Circuit Court ruled that the search warrant was invalid, which led to dismissal of the charges against McNelis. In a Memorandum and Order issued on April 15, 2011, Judge Hansen found that Deputy Craig had “knowingly, intentionally, or with reckless disregard for the truth” incorporated false statements into his affidavit. Judge Hansen reiterated that finding on August 8 in response to a plaintive motion to reconsider filed by the Ada County Prosecutor’s office.

Judge Hansen’s ruling certified that that Deputy Stephen Craig is a liar. This is led to the interview with internal affairs investigator John Lewis, whose highest priority was to save the deceitful deputy’s career, rather than to protect the public or provide redress to Brain McNelis.

As in all exercises of this kind, the officer was informed of his “Garrity” privileges – under which his disclosures could be used only for disciplinary purposes, rather than to build a criminal case. When a mere commoner is interrogated by a police officer, the investigator will often seek to prompt the subject into making damaging admissions, or even confessing to an offense he didn’t commit. Lewis used similar tactics in an effort to elicit self-serving answers from Craig that would help his superiors exonerate him.

“Sir, I’m not here to hang you out to dry,” Lewis assured Craig. “I’m just trying to get the facts and try to make sure that your career is not going to end up in the shambles…. [T]he more than I can come up with and show the prosecutor’s office, the better they’re going to be able to go back to the judge and say, `This guy didn’t lie. He just made some administrative errors in the thing.’”

Not surprisingly, Lewis found that Craig had committed “errors” and omissions, but declined to rule that the detective had submitted a false report. Shortly thereafter, Craig’s boss, former Ada County Sheriff Gary Raney, notified the deputy that he would be suspended “without pay for one day or the equivalent of eight (8) hours” on the following September 30 as punishment for “administrative violations.”

Rather than manning up and accepting that trivial and inadequate punishment, Craig decided to quit.
“This letter is to notify you of my decision to tender my resignation as an Ada County Detective in order to pursue other employment opportunities,” Craig informed Sheriff Raney in a letter dated September 26, 2011.

This allowed Craig to use his accumulated vacation and “compensatory” time to secure a job with another law enforcement agency – Idaho’s Canyon County Sheriff’s Office, where he remains employed today. Just as importantly, by ducking the suspension Craig may have obscured the fact that he is a repeat offender: While employed as a police officer in Howard County, Maryland in 2000, Craig was suspended for an unlawful search by “popping open” the trunk of an automobile without a warrant or probable cause.

Craig’s actions display “a serious pattern of continued disregard for the laws of the United States,” complained McNelis in a May 12 letter to Assistant U.S. Attorney Lynn Lamprecht. Protesting that Craig “attacked me, my family, and my home” by lying to a judge to obtain a search warrant, McNelis told the federal prosecutor that he fears “for the safety of my family, myself, and all Idaho citizens [who] are subjected to this man’s unchecked, illegal means and methods as a police officer.”

Apart from the likelihood that Craig — an impenitent perjurer and serial violator of the Fourth Amendment — could abuse the rights of other innocent citizens, his well-documented hostility to the truth could easily compromise investigations involving crimes of violence, McNelis warned Lamprecht: “Will the mandatory release of `Brady material’ on Stephen Craig provide the loophole that allows a murderer, child molester, or rapist to walk free?”

In his letter to Lymprecht, McNelis also referred to a May 11 conversation in which he asked the assistant U.S. attorney to investigate Craig — and described the stone wall of stolid indifference upon which that request shattered.

“After speaking to you personally … I was contacted by an FBI agent two hours later who did not provide his last name or badge number and only identified himself as `Kyle,’” McNelis recalled. “Kyle informed me that due to your unsupported decision to not pursue any form of criminal charges against Stephen Craig he would be unable to initiate any investigation whatsoever into this matters.”

Predictably, nobody has been held accountable for what was done to McNelis and his family. Like Craig, Officer Del Rio remains in law enforcement as an officer with the Boise Police Department (where he is paid more than $61,000 a year). Sheriff Raney resigned earlier this year, roughly half-way through his third elected term, to take a new position with the Justice Department that is essentially a well-compensated sinecure. Raney, who had been one of the highest-paid government officials in Idaho, arranged for his resignation to take effect the day that he became eligible to collect his $64,000 annual pension. (Idaho’s average annual household income in 2014 was a little less than $48,000.)

Ada County spent more than a half-million dollars in their futile effort to defeat McNelis’s pro se civil rights lawsuit. Without the benefit of legal training or tax subsidies, McNelis spent a considerable seeking redress for “irreparable damages” to family relationships (beginning with losing custody of Andromeda), his business, and his personal reputation.

Untutored in law but armed with an agile mind and an invincible determination to pursue justice, McNelis stood alone against the Ada County government – represented in court by a panel of five well-paid government attorneys – and won. The jury that ruled in McNelis’s favor – acknowledging the injuries that had been inflicted on him and his family through the dishonesty and corruption of Deputy Craig and the agency that employed him – awarded the victim damages in the amount of a single dollar.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/courts-award-man-dollar-life-destroyed-cops-lie/

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #2510 on: September 20, 2015, 11:44:00 AM »
Wow... what a fucking insane case! :o

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2511 on: September 21, 2015, 09:30:54 AM »
It's evident that he didn't. But even if he did, it's clear as day that Blake didn't think it was referring to him. He's doing nothing and his demeanor doesn't change at any point - he's waiting, calmly, at the entrance of his hotel, until someone rushes in and tackles him.

What was wrong in the video is that a cop bum-rushed and violently took down a person who was calmly waiting and projected no indicators of suspicious behavior. What's wrong in the video is that the cop, apparently, decided to not investigate the situation but to simply tackle an individual based on nothing more than someone's statement.

Was that Officer's belief reasonable and justified? If I call your department and claim someone is stealing, then point him out to you, will you tackle him? Because, shit... that's very convenient. My own personal thug service just a 911 call away!

Generally a good idea, but that's a broad, broad brush you're painting with. Cops have discretion for a reason - to use their common sense and mete out force proportionally. Sadly, all we see this discretion get used for is "I fe... fe.. feared for mu... mu... mu... life" as a justification.

Your "element of surprise" deployed thoughtlessly and without care is what leaves elderly foreigners visiting their children paralyzed. James Blake is lucky to be alive and uninjured after getting "surprised" by this cop.

Would you be equally understanding of this innocent guys' bewilderment if he was armed and, in the confusion, thought he was being attacked and shot and killed that officer? Or would you be singing a very different tune while crying thin blue crocodile tears?

1. It's not evident that he didn't. He very well could have, and Blake didn't have time to register it. Had it been the guilty party, the process would have been a lot quicker as in "Sh&t! They're on to me!" Blake is probably more in the "WTF??" mode

2. I didn't see a violent take down. I saw a normal take down. a violent take down would be like the take down on the visiting father who didn't speak English.

3. Depends on a variable of things. Am I alone? Is there reason to believe the subject will depart the area before additional officers arrive? Will he spot the victim/witness and me talking and take off? Is the witness credible, how sure is the witness that it's him?

4. I don't think that's all you see, maybe it is but I don't think so.

5. Agree with the 1st part. I think because James did exactly what he should have, he was fine. (6) And had he been a CCL holder and in his surprise shot the plain clothes guy thinking it was a mugging I wouldn't have any heartburn with it other than to say "Tragic turn of events". I don't know that he identified himself as a cop, I'm assuming he did because that's common practice but without hearing both sides of the story I am assuming. He may not have, I just can't determine what was said based on the video. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2512 on: September 21, 2015, 09:54:34 AM »
http://www.leagle.com/decision/In%20FDCO%2020141201475/McNELIS%20v.%20CRAIG

the legal disposition of the Craig case from a non biased source.

Sloppy work by the officer. So sloppy in fact by not including "south" in the address, and not putting the correct date of the trash run and not verifying the trash company name that the illegal contraband found in the raid was thrown out. When you are swearing to an affidavit, those things are important. He was so focused on catching the "bad guy" he lost sight of what matters.

As far as criticizing the Internal Affairs investigator in the first article, I think that's incorrect. It isn't the investigators job to hang the officer but to find the truth. Telling the officer "Im not here to hang you out to dry" is a very reasonable statement to make to an officer you are investigating. Many officers think IA is out to get them. I think the bottom line here is the officer probably didn't lie. He was just so incompetent in recording the facts, he got it wrong. It was irrelevant which trash company it was, it was irrelevant to the case whether he found the clippings on a Tuesday or Wednesday. But a major part of an officers job is reporting and recording facts. That he obviously sucked at doing that would indicate to me he needs to seek employment elsewhere. So based on the crappy job he did even if you give him the benefit of the doubt, I would fire him.     

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2513 on: September 21, 2015, 10:39:34 AM »

Sloppy work by the officer. So sloppy in fact by not including "south" in the address, and not putting the correct date of the trash run and not verifying the trash company name that the illegal contraband found in the raid was thrown out. When you are swearing to an affidavit, those things are important. He was so focused on catching the "bad guy" he lost sight of what matters.

As far as criticizing the Internal Affairs investigator in the first article, I think that's incorrect. It isn't the investigators job to hang the officer but to find the truth. Telling the officer "Im not here to hang you out to dry" is a very reasonable statement to make to an officer you are investigating. Many officers think IA is out to get them. I think the bottom line here is the officer probably didn't lie. He was just so incompetent in recording the facts, he got it wrong. It was irrelevant which trash company it was, it was irrelevant to the case whether he found the clippings on a Tuesday or Wednesday. But a major part of an officers job is reporting and recording facts. That he obviously sucked at doing that would indicate to me he needs to seek employment elsewhere. So based on the crappy job he did even if you give him the benefit of the doubt, I would fire him.     

He would have immediately turned himself in, then.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2514 on: September 21, 2015, 10:47:07 AM »
He would have immediately turned himself in, then.

Touche'  :)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2515 on: September 21, 2015, 11:07:39 AM »
Touche'  :)

But I can see that the article wasn't made to be objective.  

There's more to the story, I'm sure, but the cop is terrible.  Other cops are the very last people that should be defending him.  

Same with that ape cop in NYC.  I still don't know what you mean by Blake's "hestitation in complying".

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #2516 on: September 21, 2015, 02:14:33 PM »

I haven't read the link yet - will do so later in the evening. Until then, what about this bit:

On the basis of alleged evidence that was never properly booked by the Sheriff’s Office or proven to exist, McNelis was arrested and charged with drug trafficking. Two days later, as he prepared for an emergency shelter care hearing for his high school-age daughter Andromeda, McNelis was confronted by a deputy (identified as “Officer Rodarte” in court documents), who demanded that he surrender custody of the girl. If he proceeded with the hearing, McNelis was told, he would be arrested for “child endangerment” and “felony injury to a child.”

You think it's appropriate for a deputy to threaten charges (and serious ones at that) and demand he surrender custody of the girl instead of going to a hearing in front of (presumably) a neutral arbiter? Tell me again, how is that NOT violation of due process?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2517 on: September 21, 2015, 08:58:15 PM »
I haven't read the link yet - will do so later in the evening. Until then, what about this bit:

You think it's appropriate for a deputy to threaten charges (and serious ones at that) and demand he surrender custody of the girl instead of going to a hearing in front of (presumably) a neutral arbiter? Tell me again, how is that NOT violation of due process?

That didn't come up in the legal ruling at all.. The demanding he surrender custody of the girl makes no sense to me. I would view that part with a grain of salt. In my experience, CPS is the ultimate authority on taking a child from their parent, at least in Texas. We can only intervene in a temporary manner and turn them over to CPS immediately if the child is in immediate danger. That days later a deputy threatened and demanded doesn't add up. BUt certainly if that did happen, its a horrible thing.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2518 on: September 21, 2015, 09:37:22 PM »
That didn't come up in the legal ruling at all.. The demanding he surrender custody of the girl makes no sense to me. I would view that part with a grain of salt. In my experience, CPS is the ultimate authority on taking a child from their parent, at least in Texas. We can only intervene in a temporary manner and turn them over to CPS immediately if the child is in immediate danger. That days later a deputy threatened and demanded doesn't add up. BUt certainly if that did happen, its a horrible thing.

yes, i wouldn't trust the article by itself for anything... i'm sure it's fairly accurate, but it should be checked against other sources.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #2519 on: September 26, 2015, 09:02:22 AM »
Dashcam Catches Chicago Cop Turn Off Video Seconds Before a Man Claims 6 Cops Attacked Him

Chicago, IL — Damning dashcam footage has been released this week showing a Chicago cop approach a DUI suspect with his gun drawn, only to run back a minute later and turn the camera off.

Chicago Police Department dashcam policy is clear, stating “during the recording of an incident, department members will not disengage the in-car video system until the entire incident has been recorded.”

One of the six cops who stopped him found George Roberts’ identification card that showed he was a supervisor at the IPRA. As the supervisor for the Independent Police Review Authority, (IPRA), Roberts is responsible for investigating claims of police misconduct and officer-involved shootings.

Roberts is a civilian whose job is to investigate crooked cops.
After a nightmarish interaction with six Chicago cops, however, Roberts became the subject of his own work.

Once they discovered that Roberts was a man who is tasked with holding police accountable for a living, the dashcam recording of the incident goes black and the officer is caught in complete violation of the department’s policy.

According to a federal lawsuit filed this week, after leaving a bar on New Year’s Day 2015, Roberts was pulled over by six of Chicago’s finest.

What happened next, according to the lawsuit was nothing short of sheer and brutal humiliation.

First the officers attacked Roberts by throwing him to the ground before putting him into the back of the squad car.

Roberts, who is 6′ 3″ and 315 pounds, is too large for traditional cuffs to fit behind his back. But the Chicago cops did not care and forced them onto Roberts, which in turn, caused him a lot of pain.

According to the suit, when Roberts complained to the officers that he was in severe pain, Officer R. Adams, taunted him with Eric Garner’s last words.

“What are you going to tell me next, ‘you can’t breathe?'” said Adams.

The lawsuit then details how Roberts was thrown to the ground by the officers again. This time, he was thrown down with so much force that he lost control of his bowels.

Roberts was then taken downtown, charged with DUI, and thrown in a cell where he was forced to stay overnight in his soiled clothing. During his stay in jail, he would face further humiliation as a supervisor came to the cell to taunt and laugh at him, according to the suit.

According to the “official” police account, Roberts was drunk and fell down, causing injury to himself. They also claim that he soiled himself in the back of the cruiser.

But the official account cannot be trusted as they also claimed that there was no video evidence. During the trial for Roberts’ DUI charge, however, his counsel discovered its existence and Roberts was subsequently acquitted.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/dashcam-catches-chicago-cop-turn-video-seconds-man-claims-6-cops-attacked/

Another article on the same story with more details:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-police-investigator-lawsuit-met-20150923-story.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2520 on: September 26, 2015, 09:29:53 AM »
i beg ANYONE to defend the cops turning off dashcam... seconds before someone catches an ass-whooping...

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2521 on: September 28, 2015, 06:33:11 PM »
cop who turned it off should be fired. 6 cops so I'm thinking there should be more dash cam footage available. If not, then sucks to be them, but whatever the guy claims happened, he gets a free chance to say whatever he wants and they'll have to eat it. That's why you don't ever turn it off

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #2522 on: October 02, 2015, 10:52:14 AM »
This was posted before, when it happened. It took a while to determine this was abuse.

Cops Rupture Handcuffed Man’s Spleen, Laugh at Him, Take Pics as He Lay Dying and Begging

Orlando, FL — A police sergeant and an officer were finally fired 14 months after surveillance video caught the officer violently kneeing a handcuffed man. After rupturing the man’s spleen, the officers ignored his pleas for medical attention for nearly two hours while laughing at him off-camera and later lying to investigators regarding the incident.

On August 12, 2014, Robert Liese was arrested for a $60 bar tab that he was unable to pay. While loading Liese into his patrol car, Orlando police officer Peter Delio allegedly kicked the handcuffed man in the stomach. Upset and injured after Delio left him handcuffed inside a jail cell, Liese headbutted the glass window on his cell door.

According to surveillance video, Officer Delio immediately entered Liese’s cell and kneed the handcuffed man in the abdomen so hard that it ruptured his spleen. Easily picking up Liese like a ragdoll, Delio ordered him to stop resisting even though Liese was clearly immobilized from the pain and not attempting to resist. After dragging Liese out of the cell, Delio moved him to another holding area and placed leg restraints on him.

For nearly two hours, Liese remained on the floor of his cell in restraints writhing in pain and begging for medical attention 35 times. Instead of calling paramedics, several cops could be heard in the video mocking and laughing at Liese off-camera. When Sgt. William Faulkner eventually went into the cell to check on Liese, the police sergeant failed to report that Liese had requested medical care and later lied to internal affairs officers investigating the incident.

After an hour and 50 minutes of suffering from internal injuries, Liese was rescued when paramedics finally arrived and began treating him. Requiring emergency surgery, Liese was rushed to a hospital where surgeons removed his ruptured spleen.

Upon reviewing the footage of the incident, Police Chief John Mina asked the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to conduct an investigation into his men. Initially, Delio was suspended for a week without pay in December. But in March, Delio was arrested and charged with felony battery.

On Wednesday, the Orlando Police Department terminated Sgt. Faulkner and Officer Delio 14 months after nearly killing a restrained man. The department accused both cops of failing to treat the detainee “humanely and with regard to their legal rights.” Faulkner was also accused of writing false reports and lying to internal affairs investigators.

“Sgt. Faulkner blatantly ignored Liese’s repeated pleas for medical assistance,” his termination letter stated. “Liese was obviously in a great amount of pain and distress. This put Liese at medical risk.”

In his report, Faulkner falsely stated that he had asked Liese if he needed medical attention, but Liese refused. According to the video, Faulkner did not even bother asking Liese if he required medical assistance yet Liese begged him several times.

“I need medical attention, please,” Liese repeated.

According to their termination letters, Faulkner and Delio both lied to the internal affairs officers investigating the incident. Delio told investigators that he heard screaming from the cell but did not know it was coming from Liese, even though he was the only prisoner in that cell. Faulkner attempted to cover up his role in the abuse by falsely informing investigators that Liese never requested medical attention, even though the camera recorded him asking 35 times.

“While on the ground, Liese can be heard and seen through the audio/video writhing in pain crying out for medical attention 35 times over the next 1 hour and 50 minutes,” wrote Deputy Chief Robert Anzueto in Delio’s termination letter. “The conduct outlined in the investigation cannot be tolerated by an employee of the Orlando Police Department and undermines the employee’s credibility as a law enforcement officer.”

After almost dying at the hands of these sadistic cops, Liese filed a lawsuit in federal court against the Orlando Police Department. The case is still pending.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #2523 on: October 03, 2015, 04:14:33 PM »
This was posted before, when it happened. It took a while to determine this was abuse.

Cops Rupture Handcuffed Man’s Spleen, Laugh at Him, Take Pics as He Lay Dying and Begging

Orlando, FL — A police sergeant and an officer were finally fired 14 months after surveillance video caught the officer violently kneeing a handcuffed man. After rupturing the man’s spleen, the officers ignored his pleas for medical attention for nearly two hours while laughing at him off-camera and later lying to investigators regarding the incident.

On August 12, 2014, Robert Liese was arrested for a $60 bar tab that he was unable to pay. While loading Liese into his patrol car, Orlando police officer Peter Delio allegedly kicked the handcuffed man in the stomach. Upset and injured after Delio left him handcuffed inside a jail cell, Liese headbutted the glass window on his cell door.

According to surveillance video, Officer Delio immediately entered Liese’s cell and kneed the handcuffed man in the abdomen so hard that it ruptured his spleen. Easily picking up Liese like a ragdoll, Delio ordered him to stop resisting even though Liese was clearly immobilized from the pain and not attempting to resist. After dragging Liese out of the cell, Delio moved him to another holding area and placed leg restraints on him.

For nearly two hours, Liese remained on the floor of his cell in restraints writhing in pain and begging for medical attention 35 times. Instead of calling paramedics, several cops could be heard in the video mocking and laughing at Liese off-camera. When Sgt. William Faulkner eventually went into the cell to check on Liese, the police sergeant failed to report that Liese had requested medical care and later lied to internal affairs officers investigating the incident.

After an hour and 50 minutes of suffering from internal injuries, Liese was rescued when paramedics finally arrived and began treating him. Requiring emergency surgery, Liese was rushed to a hospital where surgeons removed his ruptured spleen.

Upon reviewing the footage of the incident, Police Chief John Mina asked the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to conduct an investigation into his men. Initially, Delio was suspended for a week without pay in December. But in March, Delio was arrested and charged with felony battery.

On Wednesday, the Orlando Police Department terminated Sgt. Faulkner and Officer Delio 14 months after nearly killing a restrained man. The department accused both cops of failing to treat the detainee “humanely and with regard to their legal rights.” Faulkner was also accused of writing false reports and lying to internal affairs investigators.

“Sgt. Faulkner blatantly ignored Liese’s repeated pleas for medical assistance,” his termination letter stated. “Liese was obviously in a great amount of pain and distress. This put Liese at medical risk.”

In his report, Faulkner falsely stated that he had asked Liese if he needed medical attention, but Liese refused. According to the video, Faulkner did not even bother asking Liese if he required medical assistance yet Liese begged him several times.

“I need medical attention, please,” Liese repeated.

According to their termination letters, Faulkner and Delio both lied to the internal affairs officers investigating the incident. Delio told investigators that he heard screaming from the cell but did not know it was coming from Liese, even though he was the only prisoner in that cell. Faulkner attempted to cover up his role in the abuse by falsely informing investigators that Liese never requested medical attention, even though the camera recorded him asking 35 times.

“While on the ground, Liese can be heard and seen through the audio/video writhing in pain crying out for medical attention 35 times over the next 1 hour and 50 minutes,” wrote Deputy Chief Robert Anzueto in Delio’s termination letter. “The conduct outlined in the investigation cannot be tolerated by an employee of the Orlando Police Department and undermines the employee’s credibility as a law enforcement officer.”

After almost dying at the hands of these sadistic cops, Liese filed a lawsuit in federal court against the Orlando Police Department. The case is still pending.

Fcking arsehole big bully coppers.. Hope they get a long time behind bars.
And Get a damn good kicking many times & are laughed at by the other
Inmates as they lay there screaming.
Where were they recruited from... German concentration camp.

That 5% of Rogue cops as Agnostic says is a Big 50,000+ Army.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2524 on: October 05, 2015, 09:59:45 AM »

Fcking arsehole big bully coppers.. Hope they get a long time behind bars.
And Get a damn good kicking many times & are laughed at by the other
Inmates as they lay there screaming.
Where were they recruited from... German concentration camp.

That 5% of Rogue cops as Agnostic says is a Big 50,000+ Army.

with 50,000 rogue criminal cops out there, I would expect more video of abuse than we are seeing.... maybe they are hibernating?