Author Topic: Police State - Official Thread  (Read 995479 times)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
Re: Police State - Official Thread
« Reply #2700 on: January 27, 2016, 02:31:46 PM »
Watch the video below and remember that this can happen to anyone anywhere and at any time.
 All a corrupt cop has to do to ruin the lives of those they do not like, is make up a lie and get their fellow cops to corroborate that lie.
Had the cop not left the video going, Picard’s situation would be much different and the world would think he’s a criminal.

That is the truth of the matter.
It happens time after time.
Seems like there are a lot of criminals in the police service.
Always some poxy excuse is banded about to exonerate
or justify the cops behaviour.. ::)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2701 on: January 27, 2016, 03:00:07 PM »
Watch the video below and remember that this can happen to anyone anywhere and at any time.
 All a corrupt cop has to do to ruin the lives of those they do not like, is make up a lie and get their fellow cops to corroborate that lie.
Had the cop not left the video going, Picard’s situation would be much different and the world would think he’s a criminal.

That is the truth of the matter.
It happens time after time.
Seems like there are a lot of criminals in the police service.
Always some poxy excuse is banded about to exonerate
or justify the cops behaviour.. ::)

But.. I don't think that case was made here. That it happens.. certainly. There are calls that occur every day where officers deal with an incident and then discuss possible charges. They "know" something ain't right, or there is an ordinance or law that covers what they are dealing with but if it isn't a common thing, they often confer. That's what happened here in the discussion. I don't think they lied about people telling them there was a dude with a visible gun down the street and they were concerned. I don't know the laws in Connecticut but they also may be referring to what we have in Texas as Pedestrian in the roadway. The legal description of the roadway can include medians  and islands.  In his case, he was on the shoulder which is considered the roadway at one point and on an island in another.  reckless use of the highway and creating a disturbance may have been lawful possible charges. I only see what the video shows, so I have no idea what disturbance may have been caused and it probably was an unnecessary charge.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #2702 on: January 27, 2016, 03:20:00 PM »
Video Exposes NYPD for Falsifying Charges Against a Great Grandpa After a Cop Ran Him Over

Brooklyn, NY – Falsely charged with endangering the life of a police officer, an innocent great-grandfather suffered two fractured vertebrae in his neck after a reckless NYPD cop lost control of his vehicle and crashed into the pedestrian. Although the great-grandfather recently received a $2.9 million settlement from the city, the officer and his sergeant have not been charged for allegedly writing a false police report to justify the jaywalking charge and denying proper medical attention.

On August 7, 2012, great-grandfather, José Flores was crossing the street when NYPD Officer Thomas Hopper lost control of his motor scooter and crashed into the elderly man. A surveillance video that recorded the crash revealed Hopper’s scooter skidding across the pavement at high speed when he sent Flores into the air, landing on his head. Instead of showing even an ounce of compassion for the severely injured man, Hopper charged him with endangering the life of a cop.

Claiming that Flores had suddenly darted into the street from behind two parked cars, Hopper reportedly told Sergeant Colleen Price that he had no way to avoid the collision. But the surveillance video revealed Flores was not standing beside a parked car, had looked both ways before crossing, and had been in plain view during broad daylight before Hopper lost control of his scooter.

Suffering from two fractured vertebrae in his neck, Flores was transported to nearby Brookdale Hospital when Hopper and Price allegedly pressured the hospital staff to discharge him without even taking an X-ray. Instead of releasing Flores, the police locked him up in jail for 36 hours for an open container summons from 2009. According to Flores, the other inmates gave him their sandwiches to use as a pillow because his neck had been in agony.

After dismissing the warrant, a judge recommended Flores immediately seek medical attention for his injured neck. Diagnosed with two fractured vertebrae, Flores spent the next four months in the hospital wearing a halo brace before he was finally discharged. A few months later, he underwent major surgery on his neck. Diagnosed with dementia a month before her husband’s accident, Flores’ wife suffered a heart attack three months after his arrest and died while he remained hospitalized.

Eventually acquitted of the charges against him, Flores filed a lawsuit accusing Hopper and Price of writing a false police report, discharging him from the hospital prematurely, and wrongfully arresting him. Instead of allowing the lawsuit to go to trial this month, the city agreed to give Flores a $2.9 million settlement.

“I wasn’t surprised they eventually settled it,” Flores’ attorney, Steven Goldstein told the Gothamist on Tuesday. “It’s a terrible case. It was the worst-slash-best case I’ve ever had. The city just did everything they possibly could to make this a great case. Everything they could have possibly done to make the case better and better, they did.”

Although the city decided to settle the lawsuit, the reckless NYPD officer and his police sergeant currently do not face any criminal charges. Besides crashing police scooters into innocent great-grandfathers and falsifying police reports, Hopper was suspended from the department in 2009 for pulling his gun on a fellow officer. NYPD Officer Joseph Giordano sued the force after Hopper pulled out his service weapon and threatened him for refusing to replace Hopper on the switchboard during his meal-break.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/great-grandfather-receives-3-million-settlement-cop-breaks-neck-video/

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2703 on: January 27, 2016, 03:22:38 PM »
But.. I don't think that case was made here. That it happens.. certainly. There are calls that occur every day where officers deal with an incident and then discuss possible charges. They "know" something ain't right, or there is an ordinance or law that covers what they are dealing with but if it isn't a common thing, they often confer. That's what happened here in the discussion. I don't think they lied about people telling them there was a dude with a visible gun down the street and they were concerned. I don't know the laws in Connecticut but they also may be referring to what we have in Texas as Pedestrian in the roadway. The legal description of the roadway can include medians  and islands.  In his case, he was on the shoulder which is considered the roadway at one point and on an island in another.  reckless use of the highway and creating a disturbance may have been lawful possible charges. I only see what the video shows, so I have no idea what disturbance may have been caused and it probably was an unnecessary charge.

We believe you are a good cop.
And have good thoughts & deeds.

What is troubling is the constant need you seem to have to find some form of
excuse or defense for All the Scumbag abusing cops that are posted
up on this thread.

If it was a Scumbags criminal thread and we were continually
trying to find a tiny excuse / loophole to try & justify there actions
i believe you would be Worried & quite rightly so.
So would I.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2704 on: January 28, 2016, 08:05:55 AM »

We believe you are a good cop.
And have good thoughts & deeds.

What is troubling is the constant need you seem to have to find some form of
excuse or defense for All the Scumbag abusing cops that are posted
up on this thread.

If it was a Scumbags criminal thread and we were continually
trying to find a tiny excuse / loophole to try & justify there actions
i believe you would be Worried & quite rightly so.
So would I.

I'm taking meds for it..

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2705 on: January 28, 2016, 09:24:02 AM »
why don't they prosecute cops when they're proven 100% to have lied on a report? 

they would have sent this person to PRISON on this lie - and luckily video saved them - why in the world aren't THEY going to prison? 

It's the #1 reason people don't trust cops - NO ACCOUNTABILITY.   You have trump supporters that'd blow a cop if it'd make his shift easier so he could crack a few more darker skulls.  They don't care that liars don't go go prison.

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2706 on: January 28, 2016, 10:34:58 AM »
Pigs = Shit

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #2707 on: January 28, 2016, 12:46:51 PM »

See, this is the "us vs. them" mentality I talk about. Here's a clear case of cops fabricating charges and it's caught on video. And you are trying to explain it away. With every single post you make in this thread, you make a choice: which side of the blue line to be on. And every single time you choose to be on the side of law enforcement.

I don't doubt you're a good person or a good cop, but you have the same problem all cops have. You've been indoctrinated to believe that the cops are your family and family sticks together against an evil public that's out to get you all.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #2708 on: January 28, 2016, 01:16:31 PM »
Remember this incident?

No Charges for Cops Who ‘Accidentally’ Fired 107 Bullets at an Innocent Mom and Daughter

Los Angeles, CA – Exposing the double standard between police and civilians, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office announced Wednesday that no criminal charges will be filed against the eight LAPD officers responsible for nearly killing an innocent woman and her daughter. Although the cops ambushed the unarmed women without warning and fired over 100 bullets without provocation, the district attorney justified the case of mistaken identity due to the fact that the officers involved were afraid and incompetent.

At 5 a.m. on February 7, 2013, Margie Carranza and her mother, Emma Hernandez, were delivering newspapers throughout a residential neighborhood in Torrance when eight LAPD cops suddenly opened fire. As Carranza suffered cuts from the flying glass, Hernandez was shot twice in the back while trying to protect her daughter. One bullet exited just above Hernandez’s collarbone, while the other bullet struck her lower back, near her spine. A fragment of shattered glass also flew into her eye.

After firing 107 bullets at the innocent women, the LAPD cops ordered them out of the vehicle and immediately realized their mistake. Instead of a 33-year-old black man, two Hispanic women exited the pickup truck and demanded to know, “Why did you shoot at us?”

Instead of rendering first aid or even apologizing for the act of attempted murder, the officers called for paramedics while refusing to offer any explanation for the ambush. Awakened by the gunfire, residents emerged from their homes to find their vehicles, houses, and front doors riddled with bullets. With five bullet holes in the entryway to his house, one neighbor asked, “How do you mistake two Hispanic women, one who is 71, for a large black male?”

Twenty-five minutes after the shooting, Torrance police officers stopped David Perdue a few blocks away as he was driving to the beach to go surfing before work. After the officers questioned him and ordered Perdue to turn around, he complied with their commands and began driving away when another Torrance police cruiser raced towards his vehicle and broadsided him. Suffering from a concussion and back pain, Perdue remained in his vehicle as an officer opened fire on him.

Although Torrance PD and LAPD were searching for a black man driving a gray Nissan Titan, Perdue is a white man who was driving a black Honda Ridgeline. Carranza and Hernandez were driving a blue Toyota Tacoma when the officers ambushed them without bothering to confirm their identities.

The officers responsible for nearly killing Carranza and her mother had been tasked with guarding the house of LAPD Capt. Justin Eisenberg. Because the police captain had been a member of the Board of Rights that voted to terminate former Officer Christopher Dorner, police suspected Dorner might attempt to kill Eisenberg or his family. The police captain was also named in Dorner’s manifesto, which he posted online after the initial murders.

In his manifesto, Dorner accused Sgt. Teresa Evans of kicking a restrained suspect named Christopher Gettler in the chest and face. After filing a complaint against Evans, Dorner was labeled a liar by the department and subsequently fired. Dorner also pointed out in his manifesto that many of the officers involved in the Rodney King beating and Rampart scandal during the 1990s have been promoted to supervisory or command positions within the LAPD and surrounding departments.

On Wednesday, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office announced that LAPD officers Jess Faber, Marlon Franco, Sergio Gramajo, John Hart, Geoff Lear, Deshon Parker, Jonathan Roman, and Sgt. John Valdez would not face charges for the attempted murders of Carranza and her mother. Due to the fact that the entire police department was scared of one man and could not be held accountable for their incompetent actions, none of the officers who fired 107 bullets at two unarmed, innocent women will face prosecution. Although the women received a $4.2 million settlement and a new pickup truck, no cop will be held accountable for firing the first shot or failing to correctly identify the make/model of the vehicle along with the race and gender of its occupants.

Although LAPD Chief Charlie Beck announced during the manhunt that officials would re-examine Dorner’s allegations of police misconduct, nearly three years have passed without any results. Instead, Sgt. Teresa Evans filed a lawsuit against the LAPD last year alleging racial discrimination against her. Evans is white.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/charges-lapd-cops-fired-100-bullets-innocent-mom-daughter-dorner-manhunt/

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-no-charges-lapd-shooting-newspaper-delivery-women-dorner-manhunt-20160127-story.html

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #2709 on: January 28, 2016, 01:43:06 PM »
The salient point: "no cop will be held accountable for firing the first shot or failing to correctly identify the make/model of the vehicle along with the race and gender of its occupants."

FUCKING BULLSHIT.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2710 on: January 28, 2016, 02:29:24 PM »
See, this is the "us vs. them" mentality I talk about. Here's a clear case of cops fabricating charges and it's caught on video. And you are trying to explain it away. With every single post you make in this thread, you make a choice: which side of the blue line to be on. And every single time you choose to be on the side of law enforcement.

I don't doubt you're a good person or a good cop, but you have the same problem all cops have. You've been indoctrinated to believe that the cops are your family and family sticks together against an evil public that's out to get you all.

Care to bet lunch I can find more than one time where I clearly come down on the side of the citizen verses cop?

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #2711 on: January 28, 2016, 02:49:32 PM »
Cop who shot and killed Laquan McDonald in hail of 16 bullets had broken his dashcam deliberately and unplugged the microphone, records show

• Officer Jason Van Dyke caused 'intentional damage' to recording device
  • He is also believed to have detached the 'mic' so there would be no sound
  • His conduct was put in maintenance logs before the deadly shooting
  • The 37-year-old cop gunned down the black teenager in October 2014
  • Was charged with murder after footage of the shooting surfaced
  • The records show 80 percent of cases where the dashcam was broken was because of the cop's deliberate actions

The Chicago cop accused of slaying black teenager Laquan McDonald in a hail of 16 bullets had broken his dashcam on purpose and didn't sync his microphone, records have revealed.

Officer Jason Van Dyke, 37, who gunned down the 17-year-old boy in October 2014, was accused of causing 'intentional' damage to the device in the months leading up to the shooting- and he isn't the only one.

More than 1,800 maintenance logs reviewed by DNAinfo Chicago show that in 80 percent of cases, the lack of audio or problems with the recording device was down to the cop's deliberate actions.

It means there was no sound on thousands of dashcam videos used to investigate police interactions with suspects - including the shooting of McDonald.

The records show officers stashed microphones in their squad car glove boxes and pulled out batteries.

Microphones were also broken or went missing and sometimes dashcam systems didn't have any sound recorders plugged in at all.

Four other police vehicles at McDonald's shooting scene failed to record audio. Only two of the five vehicles had dashcams that actually captured video.

On June 17, 2014, police technicians reported fixing a dashcam wiring issue in police vehicle No. 6412, the squad shared by Van Dyke and his partner Joseph Walsh.

It was fixed around three months after it was reported broken, records show.

A day later, the same vehicle's dashcam system was reported busted again.

This time it took until October 8, 2014, to complete repairs of what technicians described as 'intentional damage'.

Twelve days days later, on October 20, dashcam video recorded from squad car No. 6412 showed Van Dyke shooting and killing McDonald.

However no audio on the tape was picked up.

The video that went viral, and led to Van Dyke's murder charge was taken from a different squad car, but it, too, had no audio.

The dashcam in police vehicle No. 8489, shared by officers Thomas Gaffney and Joseph McElligott the night of McDonald's shooting, recorded 37 'event videos' in October 2014, and had an operational dashcam the night of the shooting.

But 'due to disk error' no video was recorded at the shooting scene, according to police reports.

On November 21, 2014, a review of 10 videos downloaded from Van Dyke's squad car dashcam determined it was 'apparent … that personnel have failed to sync the MICs [sic]'.

The records show Van Dyk and Walsh asked for their dashcam to be repaired five days before Laquan's shooting.

However on October 31, technicians found 'no problems' with the equipment, DNAinfo reported.

Van Dyke has been charged with first-degree murder in Laquan's shooting.

Walsh, who backed up Van Dyke throughout the investigation, has been placed on desk duty as the investigation into his conduct continues.

Daily Mail Online has asked the Chicago Police Department for comment. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3421247/Cop-shot-killed-Laquan-McDonald-hail-16-bullets-broken-dashcam-deliberately-unplugged-microphone-records-show.html

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2712 on: January 28, 2016, 04:26:10 PM »
I'm taking meds for it..

very please to hear that.
May i suggest taking off the rose tinted glasses you look at cops through.

Though I was expecting a Slightly more detailed response.

Perhaps you can see how thin the ice your treading is with these constant
excuses & loopholes for cops awful behavior.

We'll keep a watch to see the same rational from you when it comes
to defending Scumbags & Dindu Nuffins.. ::)
 ;)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2713 on: January 28, 2016, 04:33:34 PM »
Cop who shot and killed Laquan McDonald in hail of 16 bullets had broken his dashcam deliberately and unplugged the microphone, records show

• Officer Jason Van Dyke caused 'intentional damage' to recording device
  • He is also believed to have detached the 'mic' so there would be no sound
  • His conduct was put in maintenance logs before the deadly shooting
  • The 37-year-old cop gunned down the black teenager in October 2014
  • Was charged with murder after footage of the shooting surfaced
  • The records show 80 percent of cases where the dashcam was broken was because of the cop's deliberate actions

The Chicago cop accused of slaying black teenager Laquan McDonald in a hail of 16 bullets had broken his dashcam on purpose and didn't sync his microphone, records have revealed.

Officer Jason Van Dyke, 37, who gunned down the 17-year-old boy in October 2014, was accused of causing 'intentional' damage to the device in the months leading up to the shooting- and he isn't the only one.

More than 1,800 maintenance logs reviewed by DNAinfo Chicago show that in 80 percent of cases, the lack of audio or problems with the recording device was down to the cop's deliberate actions.

It means there was no sound on thousands of dashcam videos used to investigate police interactions with suspects - including the shooting of McDonald.

The records show officers stashed microphones in their squad car glove boxes and pulled out batteries.

Microphones were also broken or went missing and sometimes dashcam systems didn't have any sound recorders plugged in at all.

Four other police vehicles at McDonald's shooting scene failed to record audio. Only two of the five vehicles had dashcams that actually captured video.

On June 17, 2014, police technicians reported fixing a dashcam wiring issue in police vehicle No. 6412, the squad shared by Van Dyke and his partner Joseph Walsh.

It was fixed around three months after it was reported broken, records show.

A day later, the same vehicle's dashcam system was reported busted again.

This time it took until October 8, 2014, to complete repairs of what technicians described as 'intentional damage'.

Twelve days days later, on October 20, dashcam video recorded from squad car No. 6412 showed Van Dyke shooting and killing McDonald.

However no audio on the tape was picked up.

The video that went viral, and led to Van Dyke's murder charge was taken from a different squad car, but it, too, had no audio.

The dashcam in police vehicle No. 8489, shared by officers Thomas Gaffney and Joseph McElligott the night of McDonald's shooting, recorded 37 'event videos' in October 2014, and had an operational dashcam the night of the shooting.

But 'due to disk error' no video was recorded at the shooting scene, according to police reports.

On November 21, 2014, a review of 10 videos downloaded from Van Dyke's squad car dashcam determined it was 'apparent … that personnel have failed to sync the MICs [sic]'.

The records show Van Dyk and Walsh asked for their dashcam to be repaired five days before Laquan's shooting.

However on October 31, technicians found 'no problems' with the equipment, DNAinfo reported.

Van Dyke has been charged with first-degree murder in Laquan's shooting.

Walsh, who backed up Van Dyke throughout the investigation, has been placed on desk duty as the investigation into his conduct continues.

Daily Mail Online has asked the Chicago Police Department for comment. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3421247/Cop-shot-killed-Laquan-McDonald-hail-16-bullets-broken-dashcam-deliberately-unplugged-microphone-records-show.html

Yet Again Heart warming & confidence building behavior By the 'To serve & protect ourselves' Bunch.
Fucking about with official equipment but that's OK lads.

only peoples lives at stake.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #2714 on: January 28, 2016, 04:50:38 PM »
Care to bet lunch I can find more than one time where I clearly come down on the side of the citizen verses cop?

Well, I'm sure if we're talking about a video-taped case of a cop shooting a person that's running away in the back,  there are instances where you've come down against the cop, but not without caveats about how difficult the job of a cop is and how split-second decisions and blah, blah blah.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #2715 on: January 28, 2016, 11:15:29 PM »
Man paralyzed by deputy removes shirt to show the jury his wounds after police shot him four times for riding his bike into traffic

• Dontrell Stephens, 22, was paralyzed for life after being shot by a police officer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, in September 2013
  • He was unarmed and asked to stop after he cut into traffic on his bike
  • The officer, Adams Lin, was cleared of criminal charges
  • Stephens is suing Lin and sheriff's office for expenses and damages
  • In court Thursday, he removed his shirt to show that his wounds proved his hands were in the air at the time he was shot
  • He said he requires 24-hour care from friends and family, he said

A paralyzed young black man winced in pain Thursday as his brother removed his suit jacket and shirt to show a federal jury bullet wound scars from being shot by a sheriff's deputy who had stopped him for riding his bicycle into traffic.

Dontrell Stephens, 22, told the six women and two men hearing his case that he had his hands over his head and was unarmed when Palm Beach County Deputy Adams Lin began shooting in September 2013. He pointed at a scar on the inside of his right elbow, the bullet still lodged on the outside of the elbow.

His attorney, Jack Scarola, said outside court that the wound and the bullet's position bolster Stephens' testimony that his arms were in the air and contradicts Lin's statements that Stephens had dropped his arms and was reaching into his back waistband when the officer began firing. If his arms were down, Scarola said, Stephens could not have been hit on the inside of the elbow.

Stephens is suing Lin and the Palm Beach Sheriff's Office, alleging his civil rights were violated. He is seeking in excess of $5 million to cover medical treatment and future care.
The case is one of several across the country that have sparked debate about the shooting of unarmed black males by law enforcement officers. Federal Magistrate Judge Barry S. Seltzer has instructed the jury that they are only to consider the specific circumstances of Stephens' shooting and no other.

Scarola said Thursday was the first time Stephens and Lin had seen each other since the shooting.
Lin, an Asian-American, has been cleared of criminal wrongdoing by sheriff's investigators and local prosecutors and has since been promoted to sergeant.
He has said that after reaching for his waistband, Stephens lurched forward with a dark object in his left hand that he thought was a gun.

With Stephens sitting in his wheelchair in the courthouse hallway before he testified, Lin looked away as he walked past. At one point, one of Stephens' relatives turned his wheelchair so he wouldn't be facing down the hallway toward where Lin was standing.

Stephens told the jury in a calm, clear voice that he rode to a convenience on Sept. 13, 2013, and noticed Lin's patrol car parked nearby as he pedaled away.

He said that while riding, he got a cellphone call from a friend and talked with the phone in his right hand until he heard a short siren burst behind him as he turned into a parking lot. He looked over his left shoulder as Lin turned on his blue lights, which is confirmed by video from Lin's dashboard camera.

He rode a few more feet, jumped off his bike and then walked between two parked cars toward where Lin had moved — out of the dash cam's range.

'I asked the officer what I was being stopped for,' Stephens said. He said Lin did not reply but had a 9 mm handgun pointed at him. Stephens indicated that they were about 6 feet apart facing each other.
'I felt terrified, scared for my life,' Stephens said.
'He told me to put my hands up. As soon as I put my hands up, he started shooting,' Stephens said.

The video shows Stephens turning as he comes back into the dash cam's view and then falling to the ground, his cellphone still in his right hand. Lin stands over him with his gun drawn and orders Stephens to roll from his back to his stomach. Stephens testified that he couldn't move.
Stephens said his last memory of that day was being in the back of the ambulance. He awoke several days later in the hospital, staring into a bright light.

He said he is living with his three brothers in a small apartment. He has undergone rehabilitation but has no control of his bladder or bowels.
'It's pretty bad to have pain at night and day. I try my best myself to handle it, but when it's real bad, I cry,' Stephens said. '...There's no other way I can handle it.'
Stephens is expected to be cross-examined by Lin's attorneys Friday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3421819/Man-paralyzed-deputy-removes-shirt-shows-jury-wounds.html

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #2716 on: January 28, 2016, 11:24:53 PM »
Chicago Cop Plans on Suing Estate of Teen He Killed Because He was Left with Emotional Distress

The Chicago police officer who shot and killed a teenager wielding a baseball bat along with an innocent bystander last month plans to sue the teen’s estate because of the emotional distress he has suffered since killing them both.

Robert Rialmo, who has been on the force for three years, said he was in fear for his life when he killed Quintonio LeGrier the day after Christmas.

He also said he did not notice Bettie Jones behind the door of the two-story house.

Jones, 55, lived downstairs. LeGrier, 19, was visiting his parents from college, who lived upstairs.

His father, Antonio LeGrier, who owned the house and rented the downstairs flat to Jones, had called police, saying his son was having a mental episode and trying to break the bedroom down with the bat.

It has since been discovered that Quintonio also called 911 three times, asking for help, giving dispatchers the home address, but only referring to himself as “Q.”

As a result, he was hung up on.

Minutes later, Antonio LeGrier called police. He then called Jones to tell her to be on the lookout for police. It was around 4:20 a.m.

When Rialmo arrived, Jones apparently opened the door and Quintonio came running down the stairs with the bat. Rialmo opened fire, killing them both.

Both bodies were found inside the doorway in the hallway. Rialmo was said to have been standing on the curb, according to NBC Chicago.

LeGrier had been shot six times, including two graze wounds, as well as on the left side of his chest, lower left side of his back, right buttock and left arm. Jones was shot once in the heart.

The shooting left Rialmo distraught, leaving him no choice but to file a lawsuit.

According to WGN-TV:

The police officer who shot and killed teenager Quintonio LeGrier on the day after Christmas will sue LeGrier’s estate.

Officer Robert Rialmo answered a domestic disturbance call in West Garfield Park and wound up shooting LeGrier and a neighbor, he says, because LeGrier attacked him.

Rialmo’s attorney Joel Brodsky confirmed for WGN-TV this morning that he’ll file a civil suit against LeGrier’s estate in a couple of weeks, citing emotional distress and assault.

Rialmo’s planned lawsuit appears to be a defensive move against the lawsuits filed by the families of the victims. But maybe he figures he can end up owning the home where he killed the two.

In the video interview below, Antonio LeGrier said that after Rialmo shot both people, cops make no effort to try and save their lives.

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/01/28/chicago-cop-plans-on-suing-estate-of-teen-he-killed-because-he-was-left-with-emotional-distress/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #2717 on: January 28, 2016, 11:28:13 PM »
Massachusetts Man Awarded $72,500 Settlement After he was Arrested Video Recording Cop Spewing Profanity

A Massachusetts man who was arrested on wiretapping charges for video recording a cop in front of his home yelling profanities into a phone was awarded a $72,500 settlement Monday.

George Thompson, a lifelong cook, said he is investing the money into a food truck named Bozo’s – in honor of the cop who arrested him – Fall River police officer Thomas Barboza.

Barboza, who received a one-day suspension for the profanities, is more than welcome to dine at Bozo’s after it opens this summer, Thompson said in an interview with Photography is Not a Crime Monday evening.

“The first meal is on me,” said Thompson.

A generous offer considering Barboza is more than likely responsible for deleting the footage from Thompson’s iPhone after he seized it as “evidence” – not that he was ever charged with destruction of evidence.

But Barboza is unlikely to go near the food truck as he has been trying hard to avoid Thompson since he made the arrest on January 6, 2014, refusing to make eye contact with the 53-year-old man when the two run into each other at the local Dunkin Donuts near the Fall River courthouse on those days when he had hearings.

“He runs away,” Thompson said.

Thompson, it turned out, became his worst nightmare, hanging up a sign in front of his home that read, “bad cop, no donut #32,” on the day of his release from jail, keeping it there for more than a year – ignoring a request from a city councilwoman to remove it – taking it down only because he moved after his landlord decided to sell the place.

The 32 is Barboza’s badge number, a low number indicating he is an old-timer at the department. A man who has learned he can do what he wants, when he wants, all because he carries a badge.

But he finally met his match with Thompson, who said  he will net $47,000 after the lawyers take their cut, a nice sum to launch his food truck business.

“I’m reinvesting in the city,” Thompson said.

On the day of his arrest in early January 2014, Thompson said that he was sitting on his front porch, noticing Barboza pacing back and forth speaking into his phone for almost an hour, saying “fuck” in almost every sentence.

After watching an elderly woman walking by who seemed offended by his words, Thompson told the cop to watch his language.

But Barboza told him to “shut the fuck up and mind your own business.”

That is when he pulled out his phone to record, which prompted Barboza to rush onto the property to arrest him.

“That’s right, I’m videotaping you,” Thompson told Barboza, according to the officer’s own arrest report, which also confirmed that Barboza was working off-duty security for a nearby construction company.

He then followed up that statement by writing that he noticed Thompson was holding the “phone to his chest area in a hiding motion.”

That last detail was crucial for Barboza to include in his report because Massachusetts wiretapping laws state that it is illegal to secretly record a person without their consent, even if that person has no expectation of privacy.

Of course, it’s a little difficult to prove a person is secretly recording you when they not only announce they are recording you, but they are holding the phone at chest level, which is the best way to keep it steady while handholding the phone.

And what the hell is a “hiding motion” anyway?

What happened was that Barboza noticed he was being recorded but did not appreciate being recorded, so he accused Thompson of secretly recording him. Cop logic. Twisting the truth without caring about the obviousness of it, knowing that cops investigate themselves.

Thompson said Barboza called him a “welfare bum” while arresting him, an accusation Barboza denied to internal affairs.

However, Barboza did admit to telling Thompson that he was going to “fuck him hard on paper,” which is basically an admission that he was going to fabricate facts. There is no other way to decipher that statement.

But even in his report, he managed to fuck himself harder than he fucked Thompson.

The whole thing sounds absurd if you’re not accustomed to hearing police lies, but it’s all there on paper in 72 pages of discovery, which you can read here.

And it gets even more absurd.

At some point while the iPhone was in police custody, the phone was reset to default factory settings, a development that police tried to blame on Thompson, saying he did so remotely.

The Fall River Police Department then hired a forensics expert who determined all the files on the phone were deleted prior to it being restored to default settings. But the expert was unable to determine when the files were deleted, so you get the picture. The files were deleted but they couldn’t prove police deleted the footage, even though they were the ones in possession of the phone the entire time.

It wasn’t like Thompson was able to delete all the files as Barboza was pouncing on him to shove him in the back of a police car.

Fall River police returned his phone on May 28, 2014 and internal affairs eventually determined there was no “malicious intent” behind the arrest or the deletion of the footage, concluding that the footage was “inadvertently” deleted because the cops kept trying to enter the pass-coded phone but failing.

No, you really can’t make this stuff up. It’s all there in the discovery in reports signed by Lieutenant Ronald Furtado.

The bottom line is this. Barboza had no right to arrest Thompson. And he had no right to seize his camera as evidence. And Fall River police had no right to tamper with his phone unless they had obtained a subpoena.

The 72-page report states that Thompson eventually gave them the passcode to his phone, which I have yet to confirm with him as he is now sleeping, but that passcode was given to them on January 15, 2014, nine days after his arrest and seven days after the phone had already been wiped clean of all files and restored to factory settings.

The wiretapping charges against Thompson were dismissed in April 2014 but his phone was not returned to him until the following month because they insisted upon a court order, according to the Bay State Examiner, who tried to interview Barboza, only for him to hop in his car and drive away as you can see in the video below.

Yet the Fall River Police Department never sough a court order to view the contents of Thompson’s phone.

Thompson filed his lawsuit in December 2014,  which you can read here.

He said he was offered a settlement of $50,000 in August of 2015, but he demanded $60,000.

That was when he was told they would settle with him in 2016 because they did not want the settlement to influence the upcoming November 2015 election of Mayor Sam Sutter, who happened to be the district attorney trying to prosecute him for the wiretapping charges only a year earlier.

Sutter lost the election anyway to a 24-year-old man named Jasiel Correia, who took office two weeks ago. He is Fall River’s third mayor in 13 months.

Sutter had only taken the mayoral reigns a year ago after resigning as Bristol County District Attorney when the previous mayor, Will Flanagan, was defeated in a recall election.

It’s a clusterfuck of a city and Thompson said he is not going to stop his rabble-rousing.  He still wants to hold Barboza and the police department accountable for deleting his footage, so he plans on attending the next city council meeting and hand out copies of the 72 pages of discovery.

Besides the one-day suspension for cursing, Barboza was forbidden from working off-duty security detail for 15 days.

The real crime besides the unlawful arrest is the illegal destruction of evidence. Barboza may never be disciplined for that, but he will also never live that one down.

Especially when the clients start lining up at Bozo’s, which they will judging by customer reviews of the restaurant where he currently works.

UPDATE: David Milton, George Thompson’s attorney, briefly spoke with PINAC by phone. Milton, a prominent Boston civil rights attorney, has long been associated with the right to record. He was part of the team that represented Simon Glik, whose lawsuit against the Boston Police Department set a precedent that recording police is protected by the First Amendment.

Of Thompson’s settlement, Milton had this to say:

"The settlement is a great result and a vindication of Mr. Thompson’s—and all of our—right to record police in public … Hopefully the money will result in better training for police officers to not arrest people who record them and also not to delete footage of them when taking cell phones into custody … Fall River and other cities around the Commonwealth need to recognize that it is perfectly legal and it’s a constitutional right for people to record officers doing their duties in public. And George Thompson deserves credit for fighting back against the police department that violated his rights."

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/01/26/massachusetts-man-awarded-72500-settlement-for-unlawful-arrest-of-recording-cop-using-profanity/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #2718 on: January 28, 2016, 11:31:46 PM »
New Jersey Cop Sentenced to Five Years in Prison After Dash Cam Video Proved He Lied on Arrest Report

A New Jersey cop who did not think twice about lying on a police report to send a man to prison was sentenced to five years in prison on Friday without the eligibility of parole.

And only because his dash cam contradicted his police report.

Otherwise, it may have been Marcus Jeter sentenced to prison on charges of eluding, resisting arrest, aggravated assault and attempting to disarm a police officer.

Instead, it was Bloomfield police officer Orlando Trinidad convicted on charges of simple assault, official misconduct, conspiracy to commit official misconduct, tampering with public records, falsifying public records and false swearing.

His partner in crime, Bloomfield police officer Sean Courter, was also convicted last November and was scheduled to be sentenced on Friday, but his sentencing was postponed, according to the Associated Press.

But like Trinidad, Courter is also facing a mandatory minimum sentence of five years.

A third cop who also falsified reports, Albert Sutterlin, pleaded guilty in 2013 and agreed to testify against the other two cops in a five-week trial that ended with their convictions in November 2015.

“I am truly sorry for everything that has transpired,” Trinidad said through tears, while wearing a prison uniform and with his hands cuffed in front of him. “I am a different man today as I stand here before you. I am a humbled man.”

“He was a good cop and now he’s lost all that,” his attorney, Frank Arleo, added.

Now he will be a convict. A career flushed down the toilet because he figured he could lie and get away with it.

And he would have gotten away with it had he not driven his car in the opposite direction on the Garden State Parkway, striking Jeter’s car after it had been pulled over by Courter on the night of June 6, 2012.

That aggressive act positioned his patrol car directly in front of Jeter’s car, showing Jeter’s had his hands raised when both Trinidad and Courter yelled at him to get out of the car, shattering his window and dragging him out, laying him down on the ground while ordering him to stop resisting and to stop grabbing their gun – obviously for the benefit of the camera.

“I’m not grabbing,” Jeter kept saying. “I did nothing wrong.”

Sutterlin walked up moments before they dragged him out of the car and later claimed he saw nothing, but went ahead with the lies in his report because he just assumed his fellow cops were telling the truth.

This is how it all unraveled, according to NJ.com:

The series of events leading to Jeter’s arrest began when Courter and a third officer, Albert Sutterlin, responded to a domestic-related call at Jeter’s Bloomfield home. His girlfriend’s sister called 911 after Jeter threw the girlfriend’s cell phone down a staircase during a verbal argument.

Soon after the officers arrived, Jeter left the residence. Courter has claimed Jeter was drunk and fled after he had ordered him to stop, but Jeter has said he was not drunk and that Courter indicated he could leave the residence.

Among other alleged lies, Arleo claimed Jeter was lying about being allowed to leave the home, noting how Courter immediately ran to his patrol vehicle and reported to other police officers via radio that “he just took off on me.”

After Courter later stopped Jeter on Parkway, followed by Sutterlin, the officers approached Jeter’s vehicle with their guns drawn and ordered him to get out. Trinidad arrived at the scene and struck the front of Jeter’s car with his patrol vehicle.

Jeter told ABC News that he did not get out of the car because he was in fear for his life considering he was surrounded by two cops with guns drawn, including one with a shotgun.

Initially, only Courter’s video was released to his attorney prior to his trial. But when his attorney demanded Trinidad’s footage, that was what led to Jeter’s charges being dismissed.

Jeter has since filed a lawsuit.

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/01/23/new-jersey-cop-sentenced-to-five-years-in-prison-after-dash-cam-video-proved-he-lied-on-arrest-report/

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2720 on: January 29, 2016, 09:39:44 AM »
WTH? Dude has mental issues.. his story is he tailed people in his personal vehicle? Which likely isn't calibrated AND likely violates policy of not enforcing misdemeanor violations when off duty. Guy needs to be fired, prosecuted for falsifying an official document and any other charge that fits..

nor here

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2721 on: January 29, 2016, 09:40:33 AM »
The officers who witnessed it and lied about it in their reports, and didn't intervene should get the same sentence as the main person. No different than laws on organized crime. If you are driving the getaway car you get the same sentence as the person inside the bank. The theory applies here as well. Disgusting behavior by criminals with a badge

or here..

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2722 on: January 29, 2016, 09:41:13 AM »
If he were still alive.. I'd advocate the death penalty

no caveat here..

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2723 on: January 29, 2016, 09:42:40 AM »
very very very bad shooting. Should do time.

another..

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2724 on: January 29, 2016, 09:43:54 AM »
'You tarnished the badge for police officers everywhere,' Sacramento Superior Court Judge Ernest Sawtelle said as he sentenced Baker, the Sacramento Bee newspaper reported on Wednesday. 'For your crimes, you will be sentenced to life"

If the death penalty wasn't an option, I guess this will have to do. And I do hope he gets what's coming to him there.

and here..