Author Topic: Police State - Official Thread  (Read 995461 times)

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
Re: Police State - Official Thread
« Reply #3150 on: October 12, 2016, 01:35:29 PM »
Crenshanda hung up on 911 callers when “she did not want to talk to anyone at that time”, including a robbery call which resulted in the store manager being shot to death.

911 operator faces charges after admitting to hanging up on callers

http://www.click2houston.com/news/911-operator-facing-charges-after-admitting-to-hanging-up-on-callers

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3151 on: October 13, 2016, 01:25:25 AM »
Insane.

Missouri won’t Exonerate Innocent Man Because he’s not on Death Row

Eyewitness testimony from a 7-year-old girl who saw her mother stabbed to death was the “linchpin” that put Rodney Lincoln behind bars for life for the April 1982 murder of a St. Louis woman.

The deciding factor for the outcome is now doubting her own story, and she wants her mother’s supposed killer to go free.

On Tuesday the Missouri Court of Appeals Western District denied Rodney Lincoln a writ of habeas corpus that would have forced a retrial of his 1983 conviction.

In the opinion filed Tuesday by the Western District, the court agreed with the Cole County’s June ruling that Lincoln’s Constitutional right to due process was not threatened because he was not on death row.

Lincoln’s attorneys from the Midwest Innocence Project challenged the Constitutionality of Lincoln’s imprisonment using a 2003 case, State ex rel. Amrine v. Roper, in which Missouri man Joseph Amrine was wrongly convicted of a prison murder based on false witness testimony.

The Missouri Supreme Court ordered a retrial when three witnesses subsequently recanted their statements. Amrine was released after prosecutors declined to retry him.

In 1982, JoAnn Tate was found stabbed to death in her St. Louis apartment, lying face down in a pool of blood. Tate’s daughters, then aged seven and four, were found stabbed but alive. The testimony of the older sibling, Melissa Davis (who now goes by Melissa DeBoer) was key to finding Lincoln guilty of murder and two counts of assault.

A relative identified Lincoln, who used to date Tate, as a suspect based on a composite sketch of the killer made with the help of Davis. Davis picked out Lincoln in his mug shot, next to a picture of a distant relative, and later in a lineup.

After his first trial ended in a hung jury, Lincoln was sentenced a year after the murder to life in prison without parole.

Deboer’s first doubts about Lincoln’s guilt surfaced last year after she participated in a true-crime TV show that speculated whether serial killer Tommy Lynn Sells, who had once lived in St. Louis, might instead have been the culprit.

Until the Missouri Supreme Court recognizes that “continued incarceration … of an actually innocent person violates principles of due process, we have no authority to presume that Missouri’s habeas jurisprudence permits such a claim in a non-death penalty case,”  Presiding Judge Cynthia L. Martin wrote in the court’s opinion. Judges Gary Witt and Rex Gabbert concurred.

“Because the Missouri Supreme Court has not recognized a freestanding claim of actual innocence in cases where the death penalty has not been imposed, we are not at liberty to expand Missouri habeas jurisprudence to permit consideration of the claim in this case,”

“It’s hard to wrap your brain around, but as it turns out innocence is not a good enough reason to release a prisoner in Missouri,” Sean O’Brien, one of Lincoln’s attorneys, told KSHB on Tuesday.

More than faulty eyewitness testimony was allowed into Lincoln’s murder trial, Lincoln’s attorneys say.

In 2005, when Lincoln successively petitioned for DNA testing of the hair found at the scene of the crime, a lab determined that the hair did not belong to Lincoln. An expert witness had testified in Lincoln’s trial that DNA from a strand of hair found at the crime scene was a “match” to Lincoln’s.

In 2013 the Eastern District agreed with prosecutors who downplayed the significance of the hair for the conviction. The judge concluded that DeBoer’s testimony, not the discredited DNA evidence, was the “linchpin” that determined Lincoln’s guilt.

IS A SERIAL KILLER TO BLAME?

DeBoer now believes serial killer Tommy Lynn Sells was the man who attacked her.

“When the veil fell from my eyes I was horrified,” DeBoer wrote in a November Facebook post announcing her belief in Lincoln’s innocence according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “I have kept an innocent man in prison for 34 years … I did not know I was wrong but I was.”

Sells was convicted for the 1999 murder of a 13-year-old girl in Del Rio, Texas. Police connected him to at least 17 other killings, while Sells claimed credit for dozens more before he was executed in Texas in 2014.

When Lincoln’s daughter contacted a private investigator, he confirmed that Sells lived in St. Louis at the time of the murder.

When Lincoln petitioned for release from the Jefferson City Correctional Center in Cole County court in June, DeBoer appeared in court to recant her key childhood testimony fingering Lincoln as the murderer of her mother.

DeBoer said investigators manipulated her to accuse Lincoln, and that the experience had left her traumatized.

DeBoer’s sister, Renee Tate, who was unable to identify Lincoln in lineups in 1982, has since died from natural causes, leaving DeBoer the only survivor.

The Cole County judge didn’t find her change of opinion credible. He also noted that a jail log found by the prosecution indicated Sells was in juvenile custody in Arkansas at the time of the murder.

“[F]or a freestanding claim of actual innocence to support habeas relief, a petitioner must establish that his continued restraint is manifestly unjust because it violates the constitution or laws of the state or federal government,” the Western Court’s opinion says.

Unlike life imprisonment “executing an innocent person, in the face of clear and convincing evidence of innocence is a manifest injustice,” the Western District concluded.

Lincoln, now 72 years old, isn’t done fighting.

“I’ve lasted this long because I know I’m innocent. I want everybody in the world to know I’m innocent,” he told KSHB. “The confidence in the system has slipped some, but not the expectation that I will walk through that front door,” he said.

Lincoln’s attorneys are considering appealing to the Missouri Supreme Court, according to Missouri Lawyers Weekly.

“This cannot be the law of a just society,” the Midwest Innocence Project wrote on Facebook on Tuesday. “We are not done fighting.”

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/10/12/court-wont-exonerate-man-hes-not-death-row/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3152 on: October 14, 2016, 12:05:55 PM »
When caught in the act, the head of the criminal gang just "apologizes". No real consequences and punishment for the crimes. Because you can't expect the law to apply to everyone equally.

VIDEO: Innocent Man’s Dashcam Exonerates Him After Exposing the Cop as the One Who Broke the Law

Kingston, NY — Filming the police has proven to be an essential part of exposing police corruption. Without direct evidence of their crimes, captured on video, the public would never believe the commoner over the state. Charlie Balakubak, of Kingston, New York, just recently illustrated the power of filming when his dashcam captured a police officer nearly hit him — and then charge Balakubak with a crime that the cop committed!
Balakubak’s run-in with the police was almost literal last September when a cop crossed a double yellow line and swerved at him head on. Narrowly escaping a deadly collision, Balakubak honked at the offending officer and simply carried on.

However, this cop was either out for revenge, or entirely delusional — so he pulled Balakubak over and accused Balakubak of a crime that the cop just committed.

Knowing he’d done nothing wrong and, in fact, had video of the officer breaking the law, Balakubak was confident during the stop. In spite of telling the officer he had video of him breaking the law, Balakubak was still issued a citation for the cop’s crime.

The Free Thought Project spoke with Balakubak, who explained how the video of the incident quickly helped him out.

“The incident occurred at 7:30 PM, I had the video up by 11 PM that night. Shortly after, I sent an email to the chief of police. 9 AM the following morning,” explains Balakubak, “I spoke with the chief who said they were reviewing that video. I then called the District Attorney and left a message for them. They never returned the call. At 3 PM, I sent the link to two of the TV stations locally as well as to two newspapers locally.”
According to Balakubak, the video worked!

“At 4:30 that day, I received a call from the Deputy Chief with an apology and letting me know that the officer was being reprimanded and that the ticket would be dismissed. On Friday the 7th, I received a letter from the city explaining that the ticket was dismissed. The letter came from the city lawyer who is also an ADA, which would explain why the DA’s office never returned my call.

“The chief in Kingston is a good guy, unfortunately, they are tasked with having to rely on some whose integrity is less than honorable. In the video, you’ll hear me ask how that moron Strand is. Strand was the supervisor that showed up at the stop that night after Mills took my information. In the extended video, I give it to him as well. They both were responsible for the ticket I received. They must have taken a gamble that I either didn’t have a camera OR that it was not working, then decided to write the ticket.The whole stop took about 30 minutes to complete.”

Had video not existed showing this officer break the law, no one would have ever believed Balakubak, and he knew this as he’s been through it before.

“A very similar incident occurred in 2008 with the Saugerties NY police,” he told the Free Thought Project. “They, however, weren’t going to be one-upped by a peasant. They tried everything they could to get me to plead guilty, which I did not. Video evidence in that case also exonerated me but, the Judge in his dismissal letter did his best to convict me anyway by describing my actions as reprehensible. I sued in State Supreme court on civil rights violations and won that case. I even drafted all my accusatory instruments to get into State Supreme court.”

As Balakubak tells the Free Thought Project, he’s not anti-cop, only anti-corrupt cop.

“They seem to forget that, once the officer crosses the line from LEO to LEA (law enforcement abuser) their actions are criminal, and at that point they can no longer expect courtesy. Furthermore, I am a Oath of Service bearer which requires me to support and defend the constitution of the United States, against all enemies, foreign and domestic. Ulster County NY is very corrupt, as are some of the towns that reside in it. Judges, Mayors, Police and more seemed to be immune to prosecution, conviction or even being arrested in this area, even though they are out of control. One mayor here died about 15 years ago because of cocaine abuse. That was covered up and an autopsy report was never disclosed to the public.”

Below is a brief video showing the power of lying cops and the power of citizens with cameras to expose them. Please share this article and video with others so that they may see the power we, as a people, still have.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/citizen-dashcam-video-innocent-man/

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #3153 on: October 14, 2016, 06:56:42 PM »
The Driver was Fortunate He wasn't a Black man
As speaking to that cop like that could of made
The cop in Fear For His Life & Shot Him  ::)
He was also Fortunate with that move to get his
Driving License !!!

As Agonostic would say - It's only a Tiny Percentage of Bad Cops
& They are Doing a Dangerous job...  ::) yeah right.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3154 on: October 14, 2016, 08:53:32 PM »
The pig and those who cover her should be locked up in prison for at least 10 years, tied in a chair and pepper sprayed every day. But what happens to criminals like these? They get a promotion.. The pig is now a "Captain".

Horrifying Video Shows Cop Torturing Restrained Woman With Mace Until She Falls Unconscious

Dayton, OH — “I thought I might die,” said Amber Swink of her harrowing experience being pepper-sprayed while in a seven-point restraint chair in the Montgomery County Jail in Dayton, Ohio, on November 15, 2015.

Video footage of the torturous incident shows Swink so tightly restrained in the chair, she is hardly able to move her head; but that didn’t stop Sgt. Judith L. Sealey from entering the isolation cell and unleashing pepper-spray in the 25-year-old’s face — at near point-blank range — for seemingly no reason but sadistic pleasure.

Swink acknowledged to the Washington Post she had, indeed, been drinking heavily at home that evening when police arrested her, and was still somewhat intoxicated when cameras recorded what happened. But she doesn’t understand what brought on the senseless attack.

“It felt like somebody just crushed up fresh peppers and made me use them as face cream,” Swink told the Post. “It took my breath away. You’re fighting for air. I remember my mouth was filling with a thick slobber, like foaming up — and that was also blocking my airway.”

As the Post described, “In the four-minute clip captured by a camera in the isolation cell, Swink can be seen struggling and coughing; she appears to pass out after her face is covered with a bright orange substance.”

Officers had already coated her face with the thick, orange substance once — and despite being a bit drunk, Swink recalls the jailers laughing outside the sterile isolation cell immediately before Sgt. Sealey’s inexplicable act.

In fact, it takes quite some time for officers to even attend to Swink — and when someone finally enters the cell to douse her eyes with a cruelly sparing amount of water, the air is so thick with pepper spray, he’s forced to vacate the room more than once.

Montgomery County Sheriff Phil Plummer agreed in September that — even though he had yet to view the surveillance footage — pepper-spraying a restrained individual violated departmental policy.
But Plummer characterized Swink’s experience as an “isolated incident.”

“Thirty percent of my jail is people suffering from mental illnesses,” the sheriff told the Post by phone, unintentionally highlighting one of the most critical issues surrounding America’s prison- and police-industrial complex. “There are a lot of situations that the police officers should not be dealing with, but everybody wants to blame the police.”

Police — including officers working in jails and prisons — in the overwhelming majority of departments across the United States do not receive proper or sufficient training to manage encounters with people suffering a wide variety of mental illnesses; and the resulting lack of understanding means those individuals are often subjected to excessive force.

Swink has filed an excessive force lawsuit in U.S. District Court accusing the sheriff’s department of acting in a manner “that amounted to torture,” and alleging law enforcement attempted to hide wrongdoing by destroying evidence.

“We will definitely oppose the lawsuit,” Plummer asserted unsurprisingly. “This isn’t that egregious where she’s walked away with any serious injuries. The officer she spit on should sue her.”
Describing being subjected to torture as ‘not that egregious’ simply because the victim did not sustain permanent injury shows a chilling level of callous cruelty and lack of comprehension Sealey’s actions constituted misconduct.

As the Post pointed out, a National Institute of Justice memo says pepper spray has been used by law enforcement in the U.S. since the 1980s “as a use of force option to subdue and control dangerous, combative, or violent subjects in the field. OC [oleoresin capsicum], with its ability to temporarily incapacitate subjects, has been credited with decreasing injuries among officers and arrestees by reducing the need for more severe force options.”

Swink — with arms, legs, and body restrictively strapped to a restraint chair — obviously posed no threat to jailhouse officers, however, and video proves the motivation to spray her must have been akin to unadulterated sadism.

“You cannot find any training manual that will tell you it is allowable to pepper-spray somebody who is restrained,” Kamran Loghman, a U.S. Naval Academy professor who helped develop pepper spray for law enforcement use, told the Post. “It is used to avoid confrontation or injury, so you don’t escalate to higher levels of confrontation. Pepper spray, therefore, should not be used if the subject is expressing verbal disagreement or anger.”

Ironically, if police deployed pepper spray more often in confrontations with the public — rather than immediately pulling the trigger of a gun — needless deaths could be reduced dramatically.
However, in the incident involving Swink, video proves an absolute lack of cause to deploy pepper spray, despite — as Plummer, Swink, and her attorney agree — her belligerent behavior prior to landing in the restraint chair.

Swink had yelled, banged on a window, kicked at an officer, and generally caused a disturbance after being brought to the Montgomery County Jail — for which officers justifiably used pepper spray the first time, and then strapped her to the restraint chair in the isolation cell.

“Shortly thereafter,” the lawsuit states, “Defendant Sealey went into Plaintiff Amber Swink’s cell with another can of OC spray and intentionally and maliciously sprayed Plaintiff Amber Swink’s face and body with the OC spray until she became unconscious and suffered permanent, serious, and debilitating injuries.”

Plummer told the Post Sealey had been disciplined for the misconduct — meaning she had received a write-up that would remain in her file for six months. Nothing more.

“We don’t tolerate once you’re secured using pepper-spray on you because the threat is neutralized,” the sheriff explained. “That’s the mistake that Sgt. Sealey made.”

Sealey has, in fact, since been promoted to Captain.

Attorney Douglas Brannon, representing Swink, asserted Sealey should have been criminally charged and immediately fired.

“I can’t fathom that the sheriff would even consider keeping this employee in light of the fact that her conduct was intentional, deliberate and abusive and directed towards an individual that was completely unable to protect herself,” he told the Post.

Now, Dayton Police are investigating to decide whether or not criminal charges should be filed against Sealey, who was placed on paid administrative leave last week for the duration of that investigation. On Wednesday, Plummer said,“[Sealey] is not exempt from criminal prosecution, she is not exempt from termination. She is going to be treated like everybody else.”

Swink, who suffered with asthma as a child, said the unnecessary use of pepper spray has brought back some of those breathing difficulties.

“My whole life, I looked up to law enforcement,” Swink told the Post. “They would come into our schools and talked to us and they were supposed to be some of the best people you could trust and call on.
“But now I wonder if there’s really anybody watching out for me and my family.”

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/sadistic-cop-tortures-restrained-woman-spray/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3155 on: October 18, 2016, 01:42:51 PM »
Only 5 years. Pays off to belong in the biggest criminal gang.

California Cop Patrick Feaster Guilty of Manslaughter in Shooting Death of DUI Suspect

Former Paradise police officer Patrick Feaster was found guilty of manslaughter today for the shooting death of a DUI suspect last November in an incident captured on his own dash cam.

Feaster, who won numerous awards for the number of DUI arrests he made, faces five years in prison. He has not yet been sentenced.

It was a karmic decision considering Butte County District Attorney Mike Ramsey initially announced he would file no charges against the cop because the shooting was an “accident.”

But Ramsey had a change of heart after a huge national outcry.

Today, during closing statements, Ramsey told the jury the shooting was no accident, according to KRCR News.

District Attorney Mike Ramsey began closing arguments Monday by talking about the victim, Andrew Thomas, calling him the “every man”. Ramsey then delved into Feaster and the kind of officer he was.

“Feaster is the officer that should have known better” Ramsey said, “He made choices that Thanksgiving night”.

Ramsey even held up Feaster’s handgun to show the jury where an officer is supposed to put their finger and the importance of a trigger guard.

“This case is not an accidental shooting. This was a negligent shooting and, as it will show, a criminally negligent shooting.”

The incident took place on November 26, 2015 after Feaster tried to pull over Andrew Thomas, a 26-year-old man who had just left a bar with his wife.

Thomas rolled the van over, ejecting his wife, then stuck his head out the window as Feaster stepped out of his patrol car after pulling up to the scene.

Feaster fired once, striking Thomas, who fell back down into his vehicle.

However, Feaster waited more than ten minutes before informing his supervisor that he had shot Thomas.

Thomas’ wife ended up dying on the scene, but he did not die until almost a month later.

Feaster was then charged with involuntary manslaughter and left his job, even though they never said if it was a resignation or termination.

In March 2016, while awaiting trial, he was arrested for drunk and disorderly conduct along with his brother.

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/10/18/california-cop-patrick-feaster-guilty-of-manslaughter-in-shooting-death-of-dui-suspect/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3156 on: October 18, 2016, 01:53:47 PM »
Please read up on this story while considering the mythical "war on cops". You will not see the manipulative MSM giving this story (and others like it) any airtime. Another violent member of the biggest criminal gang who committed crimes against an innocent citizen and for weeks no one objected. Did his fellow goons try to cover up and downplay his violent past and disregarded his crimes? Yet, this violent criminal only got 27 months in prison. It would be better for all law abiding citizens if he and others like him never saw the light of day again.

Cop Beats, Tasers, Falsely Arrests Innocent Man after He Asked the Cop Not to Block His Driveway

Louisville, KY — Deric Baize had committed no crime and was in his own home when a belligerent cop, with a history of brutality, attacked him, tasered him in the back, kidnapped him and threw him in a cage for weeks — causing him to lose his job, his house, and his dignity. On Monday, that cop, deputy Matthew Corder with the Bullitt County Sheriff’s Office, was sentenced to more than two years in jail for that fateful night.

The incident began in October of 2014 as Corder arrived in the neighborhood responding to an unrelated call and chose to park in front of Baize’s driveway instead of on the shoulder. When Baize asked the deputy to move his car and not block the driveway, Corder, being the belligerent cop that he is — refused.

After Corder refused to move his vehicle, Baize told the officer to “F**k off.” This response caused the deputy to snap and immediately resort to abusing his authority.

Without probable cause, or a warrant, or reason, Corder ordered Baise out of his home, who refused. So, Corder, drunk on power and anger, forced his way in and attacked the innocent man.

“You’re about to get your ass tased,” warned Corder, as he forced his way into Deric Baize’s home.

“I am asking a question,” Baize pleaded as he’s being assaulted by someone who claims to keep society safe.

“I don’t need no warrant dude,” said Corder.

“No, no, no, no, no,” screamed Corder to a handcuffed Baize. “F**k gets you a whole different ballgame buddy.”

“I apologize,” Baize said.

“F**k that, “ Corder said. “You get to go to jail tonight.”

Apparently saying ‘F**k’ only gets you arrested if you’re not a tyrant cop.

As WDRB reports, the deputy charged Baize with fleeing and evading, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.  Baize sat behind bars for two weeks, deemed a danger to the public. He lost his job and eventually his home.

“It’s made (Baize) very reticent to interact with the public and to be out in public areas,” Attorney Todd Lewis said. “A great amount of anxiety and distrust.”

In spite of Corder receiving dozens of awards and commendations as a deputy, in an apparent attempt to mask his brutal record, his past would not go away. According to a report by WDRB, Corder has a violent record — and, he’s even beaten someone else for using the word ‘F**k’ before.

Corder’s attorney attempted to claim that he was ‘baited’ into assaulting, kidnapping, and charging an innocent man with a slew of fake crimes. However, his nearly 20-year history of beating people made this defense a hard sale.

“What happened here is not a misunderstanding or a mistake,” Judge David Hale said.

“As they serve and protect, police are entrusted with immense power and authority,” stated U.S. Attorney John Kuhn, “and it is absolutely critical that their power and authority be used lawfully and responsibly. Matthew Corder abused that authority, and today he is held to account. His actions are not representative of the good and honorable work that distinguishes our law enforcement agencies in the Western District of Kentucky.”

Corder will also have to pay restitution to Baize for the time he spent in jail and the home he lost while he was unemployed because of it, according to WDRB. However, the exact amount has not been determined.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/belligerent-cop-assaults-innocent-man/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3157 on: October 18, 2016, 06:50:46 PM »
Remember this "fearless hero"?

Florida Police Settles Horrific Dog Mauling Lawsuit involving Cop who later Killed Woman in Training Exercise

For the price of $70,000, Punta Gorda police officer Lee Coel can claim he did nothing wrong by allowing his dog to attack and maul a man for riding his bicycle at night without lights.

Not that he will pay a dime of that settlement.  And not that it will absolve him of shooting and killing a 73-year-old woman during a citizens academy training exercise in which he was supposed to be using blanks.

That second incident would never have occurred if he had been fired for the dog mauling incident, but Coel is an award-winning officer, which apparently gives him protective status.

Attorney Scott Weinberg, who represented the victim in the dog mauling case, had tried his best to warn the police chief and city council that they had a loose cannon on their hands, but they failed to heed his advice.

The dog mauling incident took place on October 30, 2015 when Coel spotted Richard Schumacher riding his bicycle through the sleepy Southwestern Florida town without lights.

Sensing Schumacher was placing himself in danger, Coel ordered him to stop or he would send his attack dog.

But Schumacher kept peddling, so Coel sped up behind him and pulled him over on a quiet residential street.

Coel ordered Schumacher to get on his knees, then on his face, to ensure officer safety because you never know about those guys riding their bikes without lights.

“Get on your knees, do it now,” Coel orders as his dog, Spirit, can be heard barking from the backseat.

But Schumacher was being stubborn, remaining standing for more than a minute with his hands in the air, at times flipping the cop off, before he eventually got down on one knee.

“Get down on your face,” Coel then orders. “Get down on your chest.”

But Schumacher did not get down on his chest and face, which evidently made Coel fear for his life, leaving him no choice but to release the dog.

Spirit mauled on Schumacher for nearly two minutes before Coel called him off, finally obtaining that ever-evasive officer safety.

Coel later wrote in his report that Schumacher kept hiding his hands, which struck fear in his heart.

Schumacher spent 11 days in the hospital where he had to undergo surgery to repair his latissimus dorsi muscle that had been ripped apart by the dog.

And then he spent almost three months in the county jail on charges of fleeing and eluding, resisting arrest without violence and DUI, but ended up pleading to the two latter charges in exchange for having the first charge dropped.

And now that settled, he will be able to afford a new bike with lights, not that he will ever be the same physically.

Coel, for his part, remains on paid administrative leave for shooting and killing Mary Knowlton, a 73-year-old librarian attending the citizens academy to show her support towards police, whom she believed were being treated unfairly.

However, Punta Gorda Police Chief Tom Lewis said he issued a new policy, forbidding real bullets to be mixed with blanks during training exercises.

But this is the same chief who congratulated Coel last year after he led Spirit through an obstacle course, earning him an award.

“We are extremely proud of Lee and Spirit,” Punta Gorda Police Chief Tom Lewis said on Facebook last year in regards to Coel winning an award at a police dog tournament.

“Their dedication to our Department has been an asset to our City, and we are excited to cheer them on through all of their future success.”

However, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement just concluded its investigation on the shooting, so now the case will be reviewed by the state attorney’s office.

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/10/18/florida-police-settles-horrific-dog-mauling-lawsuit-involving-cop-killed-woman-training-exercise/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3158 on: October 24, 2016, 11:42:15 AM »
Why are these criminals not arrested and forced to pay out of their pockets for the damage they caused?

Cops Mistake a Wig in a Car for a Child, Smash Woman’s Windows Out and Refuse to Pay for Damage

Suffolk, VA — Illustrating their callous disregard for private property and ability to pass the liability of their destruction onto the backs of the taxpayer, Suffolk police smashed an innocent woman’s car windows as they looked for a nonexistent child. Police then left without any word or any way for the innocent woman to repair her car.

Last week, Jasmine Turner, of Suffolk, Virgina, received a call from police claiming there was a child locked in her car. This came as a huge surprise to Turner as she has no children.

“I don’t have a baby so I’m like, ‘Where’d the child come from? Who put the child in my car?’” Turner said. “I’m as surprised as they were when they got the phone call.”

Turner, who was shopping for supplies for her job, told police that she didn’t have a child and had no idea how a child would’ve gotten into her car. However, she told them that she would be right out in five minutes to open the door.

Police could not wait that long.

When Turner arrived back at her car, her windows were smashed out and police were gone. After police vandalized the car, they quickly found this ‘child’ to be a pile of laundry and a wig.

“By the time I get from Walmart back to my job, the police aren’t there. The windows busted out of my car and there’s glass everywhere,” Turner said.

The damage from police left several hundred dollars in repairs — repairs that Turner feels she should not have to pay. However, according to Turner, police told her they couldn’t pay for it.
“I just want my window fixed and them to pay for it, either being in a rental or whatever the case is. I can’t take off work. I have bills to pay,” Turner told WAVY.

Police showed up to the scene because a person in the parking lot dialed 911 after seeing the wig. The smashing of the windows is arguably warranted as police truly believed there to be a child in the car. However, it is what happened after that is cause for concern.

The officers smashed the windows and disappeared. They didn’t wait for Turner to arrive to inform her they did this, nor did they inform Turner that there wasn’t actually a child in her car.

Now Turner is left without a vehicle as she is scared to drive it as it has no windows. When Turner inquired as to who was going to pay for the damage to her car, she was told police gave her contact information for the City’s Risk Management Department. Buck passed. In the meantime, however, Turner is carless.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/wig-child-police-smash-windows/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3159 on: October 24, 2016, 09:47:49 PM »
A corrupt Attorney General operating like she is above the law. How many others like her have destroyed lives of innocent people?
Not surprisingly during the hearing she broke down in tears and asked the judge to "consider her children". I wonder if she considered the children of all the people she prosecuted.

Former Pa. Attorney General Sentenced To 10-23 Months In Jail For Perjury

Pennsylvania's former attorney general, Kathleen Kane, has been sentenced to 10 to 23 months in jail after she was embroiled in a scandal that shook the state's political establishment.

Kane, who was once viewed as a rising star within the Democratic Party, was "convicted on all nine counts – including perjury, obstruction and official oppression – in connection with a complicated case in which she leaked grand jury information about an investigation in retaliation against a political rival and then lied about it under oath," as The Two-Way has reported. She resigned from office a day after her conviction in August.

She was also sentenced to eight years of probation "by a Montgomery County judge who said Kane's ego drove her to take down enemies and break the law," as The Associated Press reported.

Here's more on the origins of this trial from The Two-Way:

"Kane has argued that the allegations against her were part of a high-stakes political feud involving charges that past prosecutors had mishandled the Jerry Sandusky molestation case. Sandusky is the former Penn State assistant football coach who was convicted in 2012 of molesting boys."
"Kane contends that when she investigated the case, she uncovered a trove of government email accounts in which high-level state officials traded pornography and bigoted jokes about women and minorities. However, the judge in her perjury trial did not allow the jury to hear about the email scandal."
This trial stems from a complicated political feud between Kane and Frank Fina, a former prosecutor at her office. According to the wire service, Kane "had a campaign consultant pass confidential files to a reporter about a corruption case Fina declined to charge before he left office. She then tried to frame someone else for the leak, aides testified at the perjury and obstruction trial."

During today's hearing, Kane "broke down in tears," and pleaded that the judge "consider her two teenage sons," as The New York Times reported.

She had argued that "the loss of her career, law license and reputation is punishment enough," as The Associated Press has reported. "She [had] asked a judge in suburban Philadelphia to sentence her to probation or house arrest so she can be home."

Ahead of today's sentencing decision, Kane told the AP that the long wait to learn her fate was like "watching the potential funeral of your own family."

Kane faced "a maximum sentence of between 12 and 24 years in state prison," PennLive has reported, though the judge had "the discretion to hand down a far shorter sentence."

But as she delivered Kane's sentence, Judge Wendy Demchick-Alloy said "any lesser sentence than total confinement will absolutely depreciate the seriousness of the crime. A violation of this magnitude and severity is an extraordinary abuse of the system," according to the Times.

Kane's career had skyrocketed when she was elected the state's attorney general less than four years ago. As the Times reported, she was seen as a "Democratic outsider with no political experience, vowing to shake to its foundations the state's male-dominated, corruption-prone political establishment that she mocked as 'the Harrisburg old boys.'"

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/10/24/499173124/former-pa-attorney-general-sentenced-to-10-23-months-in-prison-for-perjury

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3160 on: October 26, 2016, 04:38:30 PM »
Once again, instead of the dangerous criminals involved being held accountable, the bill gets sent to the taxpayers.

Santa Ana Pays $100,000 Settlement for Dispensary Raid where Cops Dismantled Cameras and Consumed Cannabis

They were so sure of themselves, these California cops who raided a marijuana dispensary last year, terrorizing customers while wearing masks, forcing them to the floor at gunpoint, then disabling surveillance cameras inside the shop to ensure their crime went unnoticed.

But the Santa Ana cops failed to remove a hidden camera, which caught them eating marijuana-laced snacks while mocking a handicapped woman.

And as a result, the city of Santa Ana just had to pay a $100,000 to settle a lawsuit stemming from the May 27, 2015 raid.

According to the Los Angeles Times:

The suit alleged that Mayor Miguel Pulido and other city employees favored certain dispensaries over others. It said the city put up a ballot proposal, Measure BB, for the November 2014 election, soliciting payments from collectives with the promise of winning a spot in an eventual marijuana permit lottery.

Sky High Holistic did not win a spot in the lottery and its patients allege that because Pulido and other city employees had financial ties with competing dispensaries, they used their positions to close down the competition.

Pulido denied the allegations and said the city hired a firm to conduct the lottery.

Earlier this year, three police officers were charged with misdemeanor petty theft and one with vandalism for allegedly stealing snacks and damaging surveillance cameras. They are no longer employed by the city’s police department.

The three cops who are no longer on the force are Brandon Matthew Sontag, Nicole Lynn Quijas and Jorge Arroyo. They were fired, according to San Francisco Gate.

They have pleaded not guilty to vandalism and theft charges. They are due back in court next month.

Matthew Pappas, the attorney for the Sky High Holistic dispensary, said he is still trying to get the city to return more than $7,000 in cash as well as marijuana seized from the raid.

After obtaining the video from the hidden camera, Pappas sent it to Voice of Orange County, which published it on its YouTube channel where it has more than 1.2 million views as of today.

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/10/26/santa-ana-pays-100000-settlement-for-dispensary-raid-where-cops-dismantled-cameras-and-consumed-cannabis/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3161 on: October 26, 2016, 04:42:06 PM »
Finally! After More than 2 Years, The Cop Who Killed Eric Garner Will Be Charged

New York, NY — On July 17, 2014, Eric Garner, father of six, had just broken up a fight outside of his shop when he was targeted by NYPD cops for harassment and extortion. Fed up with the constant persecution from cops, Garner voiced his discontent. He was subsequently assaulted and killed by “compression of neck, chest and positioning during restraint by police.” In spite of investigators ruling his death a homicide, and the video evidence, no one has ever been held responsible for the murder of Eric Garner — until now.

According to the NY Post, a source within law enforcement told them Washington-based federal prosecutors plan to aggressively pursue charges against NYPD cop Daniel Pantaleo for the chokehold death of Eric Garner on Staten Island.

“It’s going to happen sooner than later,” the source said of an indictment. “Washington wants to indict him.”

According to the Post:
Federal investigators in Brooklyn were replaced by DC counterparts because of their reluctance to bring charges, the source said.
The New York feds are privately seething. They accused their Beltway colleagues of trying to “make an example out of Pantaleo” at any cost, said one source familiar with the case.

“We already … came to a conclusion which they didn’t like. It’s truly disgraceful what they’re doing,” the source said.

“I can’t breathe,” Garner pleaded, eleven times — as officer Daniel Pantaleo choked the life from this kind and loving man.

As Claire Bernish pointed out, Garner’s plea for his life became the rallying call of Black Lives Matter and police brutality activists across the nation and around the world — though the inhumanity of having to beg for one’s life after committing a nonviolent, victimless crime remains sadly all-too-common.

But though news of violent and deadly acts committed by police top headlines with alarming frequency, the fact Pantaleo used his bare hands to strangle the life from Garner was a startling departure from shootings that typify brutal policing. So personal is choking a man to death, even ordinary Americans were suddenly forced to question what, exactly, happened to the romanticized image of friendly neighborhood police from mere decades ago.

Since this murder caught on video, Pantaleo has enjoyed his full salary and millions of taxpayer dollars in security costs to protect one of New York’s most loathed peace officers.
Until this week, the only person to face any consequences for Garner’s death is the man who filmed it.

Ramsey Orta, the man who filmed one of the most infamous police killings in history – and was thereafter targeted by police in a barrage of “false and/or trumped up charges” – was sentenced to four years in prison for gun possession and drug charges earlier this month.

The events leading up to the murder of Eric Garner were nothing short of insidious. For years, these same NYPD cops targeted Garner for harassment and extortion. As the Free Thought Project exclusively reported back in December 2014, Garner had been sexually assaulted by the NYPD — on more than one occasion.

In an interview with Garner’s stepfather as well as his children, the Free Thought Project was told that police had actually stolen money from Garner, who subsequently planned to file a complaint against the NYPD for this theft. Police were there that day, Benjamin Carr, Garner’s stepfather says, not to shake Garner down for selling smokes, but to retaliate against him for trying to expose their theft.

Before he killed Eric Garner on video, Pantaleo had been sued three times for violating the constitutional rights of other black males in the area, by performing humiliating strip searches and fondling the genitalia of his victims, some of them in public view.

The most recent of these lawsuits was filed the November following Garner’s death, and comes from Kenneth Collins, who says in the lawsuit that he “was subjected to a degrading search of his private parts and genitals by the defendants.”

The NYPD paid out a settlement in 2013 to two men who sued the city because Pantaleo forced them to strip naked in public as he “touched and searched their genital areas, or stood by while this was done in their presence.”

According to another lawsuit, victim Rylawn Walker, was charged with marijuana possession and underwent similar rights violations by Pantaleo. The charges were dismissed against Walker and the case sealed on a motion from prosecutors. His lawsuit against the NYPD stated that Walker “was committing no crime at that time and was not acting in a suspicious manner.”

Defense lawyer Michael Colihan summed up this atrocity when he wrote a letter in August 2014 to U.S. District Judge Edgardo Ramos. In his letter, Colihan said:
To put it mildly, many police on Staten Island have been playing fast, loose and violently with the public they seem to have forgotten they are sworn to protect. After litigating about 200 of these civil rights matters in the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York since 1977, I have seen no interest by the managers of the New York City Police Department, or anyone employed by the city of New York, in doing anything to stop this.

For two years, the complacency and failure to act on the crimes of the NYPD have continued. But now, Garner’s family has renewed hope that the man who took their beloved father, husband, and son, will soon be held accountable for his actions.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/2-years-cop-killed-eric-garner-charged/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3162 on: October 27, 2016, 10:45:09 AM »
If you don't wear your gang colors, you should expect gang members to attack you.

Washington D.C. Cop Thrown to Ground and Punched in Face by Maryland Cops in Case of Mistaken Identity

A Maryland cop searching for a shooting suspect described only as a “black man with a hoodie and jeans” ended up pouncing on a black man with a hoodie and jeans walking down the street, slamming him to the ground and handcuffing him while another officer punched him in the face.

Turns out, the man was an off-duty cop.

Now Washington D.C. police officer Robert Parker Jr., 28, is claiming racial profiling.

However, the Prince George’s County police officer who accosted him is also black, if that makes any difference. The officer who punched him is white.

Meanwhile, the actual shooting suspect, Nicco Rashaad Young,  20, is still at large.

The incident took place Tuesday in the parking lot of Iverson Mall in Temple Hills when the gunman shot another man several times in the stomach over an argument.

The gunman then took off running as the victim managed to survive.

Parker, wearing a jacket over his hoodie, had just dropped his car off at the repair shop and was walking down the street about three blocks away when the Prince George’s County cop pulled up alongside him.

According to the Washington Post:

“I kept my hands out and to the mid-side of my body,” Parker said. “My hands were visible, out to my side.” He said the sergeant told him: “I’ve seen you out here walking earlier. We’re looking for somebody, and we want to make sure you’re good.”

Parker said the sergeant immediately “walked up to me and started patting me down.”

“I was in disbelief,” Parker said. “He didn’t tell me what for. He feels my gun, and I said, ‘I’m a police officer.’ At that moment, he took me to the ground.”

Prince George’s County police say they have an audio recording of the incident, which proves their officers did everything by the book, which, of course, is not saying much, knowing how “the book” allows them to do as they please.

They provided the following statement to Fox 5 News:

“Based on our preliminary investigation and preliminary review of an audio recording of the encounter in question, we believe our officer acted professionally and with restraint. This encounter took place within several minutes of the shooting being reported at the mall and approximately three blocks from the scene. Our officer who was responding to the shooting, which had just prompted the lock-down of two nearby schools – spotted a man walking who matched the description. Our officer, a sergeant assigned to our district 4 station, got out of his cruiser and began an investigatory stop. During a pat down, our officer discovered the man had a gun on his waistband. At that point, our officer took the man to the ground during a brief struggle. Our preliminary investigation reveals that it was only after the man was restrained by the original officer and backup officers did he identify himself as a police officer.”

Parker, whose father spent 30 years as a Washington D.C. cop before retiring, has hired an attorney and plans to file a formal complaint.

“I never want to be the person to say that. But unfortunately, that’s what it was. . . . I thought, if I were in another neighborhood, if I were someone else, if the lookout was for a white guy in a hoodie and I was white, I don’t think I would have been approached like that. I think I would have been given a lot more courtesy,” he told the Washington Post.

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/10/27/washington-d-c-cop-thrown-to-ground-and-punched-in-face-by-maryland-cops-in-case-of-mistaken-identity/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3163 on: October 27, 2016, 10:56:20 AM »
Another gun that "discharged itself". And this is from someone who is not a mere pleb but a "trained officer" who "knows" how to handle firearms and is allowed to use firearms that citizens don't have access to.
Why has he not been charged yet and why is his name not released?

Cop Fires Round From His 9mm Glock into a Daycare Center in a ‘Gun-Free Zone’– Yet to Be Charged

Cuyahoga Falls, OH — Authorities are only ‘contemplating’ criminal charges against an East Cleveland police officer today after he discharged his weapon sending a bullet hurling into a day care center.

The staff and children at the KinderCare Learning center were likely terrified when a bullet came blasting through the fence and lodged into the wall of the school around 3:35 pm on Tuesday.

Police have refused to release the name of the officer who negligently discharged his firearm. Authorities did, however, note that the officer was unloading his 9mm Glock inside his home, directly behind the daycare, when it ‘accidentally’ discharged.

Up until that point, the staff and parents of the children at KinderCare probably thought that their children were safer being neighbors with a police officer.

Despite the officer clearly admitting to committing the misdemeanor offense of discharging a firearm within city limits, police have yet to charge him.

“Right now our law department has it and they are reviewing it to see if there should be any charges,” Police Chief Jack Davis said Wednesday morning.

“It was a very unfortunate incident for the school, as well as him,” he added.

Outside of skating out of the misdemeanor charge so far, this officer also seems to be avoiding the felony offense of discharging a weapon in a gun-free school zone.

Imagine for a moment that you were cleaning your pistol and all of the sudden, you accidentally squeeze off a round sending the deadly projectile through the wall of a daycare center, in a gun-free zone.

There are two possible scenarios that would take place; the first one being that a SWAT team responds and you are killed. The second, less lethal result would be your inevitable arrest and charges of public endangerment, unlawful discharge, illegal use of a firearm, assault with a deadly weapon, terrorism, or a myriad of other charges associated with sending a deadly projectile hurling through walls and near the heads of innocent people. You would immediately be facing fines, jail time, probation, and firearms restrictions.

However, if you are a government agent who’s trusted with carrying a deadly weapon into places others cannot, you needn’t worry about any of those repercussions as this case will likely prove.

When the Akron Beacon Journal contacted the East Cleveland police department to inquire as to what would happen to this officer, they said their department was unaware of the incident.

“We’re just grateful that nobody was hurt,” KinderCare spokeswoman Colleen Moran told Ohio.com. So are we.

As the gun controllers call for guns to be taken out of the hands of US citizens, what they really mean is they only want cops to have guns. This cop proves how silly, and dangerous, that demand actually is.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/daycare-cop-shoots-bullet-charged/

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3164 on: October 27, 2016, 02:23:25 PM »
Another gun that "discharged itself". And this is from someone who is not a mere pleb but a "trained officer" who "knows" how to handle firearms and is allowed to use firearms that citizens don't have access to.
Why has he not been charged yet and why is his name not released?

Cop Fires Round From His 9mm Glock into a Daycare Center in a ‘Gun-Free Zone’– Yet to Be Charged

Cuyahoga Falls, OH — Authorities are only ‘contemplating’ criminal charges against an East Cleveland police officer today after he discharged his weapon sending a bullet hurling into a day care center.

The staff and children at the KinderCare Learning center were likely terrified when a bullet came blasting through the fence and lodged into the wall of the school around 3:35 pm on Tuesday.

Police have refused to release the name of the officer who negligently discharged his firearm. Authorities did, however, note that the officer was unloading his 9mm Glock inside his home, directly behind the daycare, when it ‘accidentally’ discharged.

Up until that point, the staff and parents of the children at KinderCare probably thought that their children were safer being neighbors with a police officer.

Despite the officer clearly admitting to committing the misdemeanor offense of discharging a firearm within city limits, police have yet to charge him.

“Right now our law department has it and they are reviewing it to see if there should be any charges,” Police Chief Jack Davis said Wednesday morning.

Outside of skating out of the misdemeanor charge so far, this officer also seems to be avoiding the felony offense of discharging a weapon in a gun-free school zone.

Imagine for a moment that you were cleaning your pistol and all of the sudden, you accidentally squeeze off a round sending the deadly projectile through the wall of a daycare center, in a gun-free zone.

There are two possible scenarios that would take place; the first one being that a SWAT team responds and you are killed. The second, less lethal result would be your inevitable arrest and charges of public endangerment, unlawful discharge, illegal use of a firearm, assault with a deadly weapon, terrorism, or a myriad of other charges associated with sending a deadly projectile hurling through walls and near the heads of innocent people. You would immediately be facing fines, jail time, probation, and firearms restrictions.

However, if you are a government agent who’s trusted with carrying a deadly weapon into places others cannot, you needn’t worry about any of those repercussions as this case will likely prove.

When the Akron Beacon Journal contacted the East Cleveland police department to inquire as to what would happen to this officer, they said their department was unaware of the incident.

“We’re just grateful that nobody was hurt,” KinderCare spokeswoman Colleen Moran told Ohio.com. So are we.

As the gun controllers call for guns to be taken out of the hands of US citizens, what they really mean is they only want cops to have guns. This cop proves how silly, and dangerous, that demand actually is.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/daycare-cop-shoots-bullet-charged/

For Fcuks Sake !!
What is it with Not charging Cops
As stated anyone else -- it's end of.
 ::)

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3165 on: October 27, 2016, 02:38:55 PM »
This is indeed terrifying.

Digital Rights Group: AT&T Spying Revelation ‘More Terrifying’ Than Snowden NSA Discovery

The revelation of AT&T’s spying program is “more terrifying than the illegal NSA surveillance programs that Edward Snowden exposed,” according to Evan Greer, the campaign director for non-profit digital rights organization Fight for the Future.
“AT&T customers are outraged but this affects everyone,” said Greer in an interview with Newsweek. “AT&T went far beyond complying with legal government requests and actually built a powerful data mining product to sell our private information to as many government agencies and police departments as they could.”

“The for-profit spying program that these documents detail is more terrifying than the illegal NSA surveillance programs that Edward Snowden exposed” he continued. “If companies are allowed to operate in this manner without repercussions, our democracy has no future.”

AT&T’s alleged spying program was revealed by the Daily Beast, who claimed that under the codename “Project Hemisphere” AT&T granted law enforcement agencies access to “trillions of phone call records and cellular data to locate a specific user.”

Hemisphere is reportedly deployed in approximately 28 intelligence centers in the US, many of which collaborate with the DEA. The centers are monitored by both federal agents as well as local law enforcement; however data analysis is done by AT&T employees on behalf of the law enforcement agencies in order to keep law enforcement and federal agents from ever directly accessing AT&T’s data personally.

The Daily Beast claims that departments pay from $100,000 to over $1 million just to access project Hemisphere’s huge library of data and content. AT&T documents further state that a search warrant is not needed to access Hemisphere, just an administrative subpoena, a document that does not require probable cause to be issued.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/10/27/digital-rights-group-att-spying-revelation-more-terrifying-than-snowden-nsa-discovery/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3166 on: October 28, 2016, 08:05:39 PM »
Award-Winning Pennsylvania Cops Sued for Brutal Arrest Thanks to Video They Tried to Destroy

Five months after agreeing to pay a $45,000 settlement to a man they arrested for recording them tasering a man on his front porch, the Allentown Police Department is being sued again.

This time, by the man they tasered and tortured that night.

One of the cops mentioned in the lawsuit filed Wednesday, Jason Ammary, is responsible for a $100,000 settlement dished out in February from another lawsuit when he tasered a 14-year-old girl in the groin for walking in the street in an incident captured on video.

Not surprisingly, he is also an award-winning officer.

The incident regarding the latest lawsuit took place in October 2014 when Alexander Aron, a 23-year-old black college student, was returning home from a friend’s house when he was stopped by police, accusing him of matching the description of “an Afro-American wearing sweats” who had held up a nearby grocery, according to The Morning Call.

When they demanded his identification, he told them he had to walk inside his house to retrieve it, so they followed him inside, even though he told them to wait outside to conduct an illegal search, the lawsuit states.

Aron then stepped back onto the front porch where he handed his identification to one of the cops, who then demanded that he state his name.

Aron told him his name was on his identification, which was when they ordered him to place his hands behind his back. When Aron asked why, the four cops pounced on him, punching him, kneeing him, tasering him, even though he was not resisting.

That was when Eli Heckman, who was walking by, pulled out his phone to start recording, which drew the attention of Ammary, who then ordered him to “get off the block” – even though Heckman had every legal right to be on the block.

When Heckman did not walk away fast enough, Ammary slammed him against a parked car, then smashed his phone.

Although the phone was damaged, the video survived, which is why charges were dismissed against both Aron and Heckman, and there is enough evidence to sue the cops.

Aron’s lawsuit is seeking $150,000. The three other officers named in the suit Andrew Holveck, who made the initial stop and has been sued in the past for another incident of police brutality caught on video, as well as Alexander Boehm and Anthony Bowland.

Like Ammery, the three officers are all award winners, along with the entire police department, judging by this webpage.

Aron is being represented by attorneys Robert Goldman and Joshua Karoly, the latter who filed a lawsuit last week against another officer, Joseph Iannetta, for kicking an armed robbery suspect in the head, leaving him with a broken jaw, in an incident that was also caught on video.

Like the four other cops, Iannetta is also an award-winning cop.

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/10/28/watch-award-winning-pennsylvania-cops-sued-for-brutal-arrest-thanks-to-video-they-tried-to-destroy/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3167 on: October 29, 2016, 11:53:24 AM »
This case has been posted before. A 6 year old child killed by violent criminals and yet no outrage and of course no riots. Just the continuing BS narrative on the "war on cops" and "cop lives matter".

Family Sues After Cops Shot 6yo Autistic Boy and Watched Him “Suffer Immensely” As He Died

Marksville, LA — A federal lawsuit has now been filed against several Louisiana law enforcement agencies for the fatal shooting of six-year-old Jeremy Mardis, who “suffered immensely” on November 3, 2015, due to “a barbaric and excessive use of deadly force.”

Attorneys representing Christopher Few, Jeremy’s father, who suffered serious injuries in the incident; mother, Catherine Mardis; and Candace Few, whose vehicle her brother, Christopher, drove the night of the shooting, filed a federal civil lawsuit on Thursday in an attempt at justice for the needless death of the young child.

In fact, video footage of the incident so shocked Louisiana State Police Col. Mike Edmonson, he told reporters in November, “It is the most disturbing thing I’ve seen, and I will leave it at that.”
According to the lawsuit, referenced by KLFY, defendants include “Norris Greenhouse Jr. and Derrick Stafford, the two former Marksville Ward 2 deputy marshals facing second-degree murder and attempted second-degree murder in the case. Both pleaded not guilty and are facing separate trials.

“But the lawsuit also names as defendants Marksville City Marshal Floyd Voinche, the Marksville City Court, the town of Marksville, Avoyelles Parish, Progressive Paloverde Insurance Company and the other two officers involved in the chase of Few that night — Jason Brouillette and Kenneth Parnell III.”

On November 3, 2015, according to the original police account, the four officers were attempting to serve a warrant for Few — who then fled in his sister’s Kia Sport, with Jeremy buckled in the passenger seat.
Police had claimed Few was armed and posed an imminent deadly threat — so Officers Greenhouse and Stafford opened fire — emptying 18 rounds at the vehicle, critically injuring Few and killing the 6-year-old, who had autism.

In actuality, no warrant had been issued for Few, and both father and son were unarmed — indeed, as video evidence shows, Few had his hands in the air when he received “two or three” bullets to the head and chest, while Jeremy suffered “four or five” shots to the head and neck.

Appallingly, Jeremy languished in agony, still holding onto life for over five minutes after being shot multiple times — but officers failed to even check for a pulse or render assistance.
“During this time, Jeremy was bleeding profusely and suffered immensely due to the gunshot wounds,” the lawsuit states, according to KFLY.

“It was not until approximately some seven and one-half to eight minutes or so after the hail of gunfire, that an officer at the scene, believed to be Parnell, finally checked Jeremy for a pulse and discovered that he was still alive, despite having been shot multiple times including in the head and neck,” it reads.

“However, none of the officers at the scene, including Stafford, Greenhouse, Brouillette and Parnell initiated or rendered any form of first aid, nor did they undertake any other measures in an attempt to stop Jeremy’s bleeding or otherwise alleviate or mitigate Jeremy’s suffering, or made any attempts to save his life.

“Sadly, Jeremy was left to suffer — and die — while the officers casually searched for ‘gloves.’”

An exact motive for the original traffic stop — given the fictitious claim of a warrant and that Few did not have a weapon — has yet to be publicly released by officials. Attorneys for Greenhouse and Stafford stated during court proceedings Few had been standing in the road, blocking traffic, ignored officers’ commands, and then fled the scene.

But the lawsuit contends there had been no clear reason for police to pursue the vehicle Few was driving, and when he ultimately did pull over, the vehicle, “even if it were moving forward or backwards — did not and could not have presented an imminent threat of death or great bodily harm to any of the officers at the scene or innocent bystanders.”

As video clearly shows, Few pulled to the side of the road, raised his arms above his head and made no threatening gestures — in other words, he posed not even the slightest legitimate threat to their safety. The lawsuit continues:

“Moreover, at the time the pursuit of Christopher was initiated, and thereafter during the pursuit, none of the officers had reasonable or probable cause to believe that Christopher had committed some crime, was committing a crime or was about to commit a crime. The pursuit was unlawful, as was the subsequent use of deadly force.”

Fatally shooting a 6-year-old child wasn’t the first brutal act by either Stafford or Greenhouse. As The Free Thought Project reported, the pair of rageful cops have a history of brutalizing their town with impunity — and as the lawsuit notes, it seems no vetting procedure was in place when Greenhouse and Stafford were hired.

Additionally, when attorneys made a public records request with Marksville City Marshal Floyd Voinche for hiring, training, and disciplinary guidelines concerning deputy marshals, they received a telling one-sentence reply: “No such records exist.”

“The need for such policies is so obvious,” KFLY quotes the lawsuit, “for the safety of the public and the protection of constitutional rights that the lack of such policies constitutes deliberate indifference and a reckless disregard for the public and plaintiffs’ constitutional rights.”

But the fact it took an innocent 6-year-old’s death to force the city to examine such policies is endemic of brutal policing in the United States — and one means officers can employ to work around appropriate discipline is to resign and simply move on to the next department.

In late September, in a stunning act of hubris, Stafford again requested charges be dropped since he acted in self defense — despite damning evidence to the contrary.
The family of Jeremy Mardis is requesting a jury trial in this lawsuit.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/54107-2/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3168 on: October 29, 2016, 12:24:35 PM »
A citizen would likely have been shot.

Award-Winning California Cop Flees Scene after Crashing Patrol Car

An award-winning California cop crashed his patrol vehicle into a parked car and utility pole Thursday, then refused to step out when ordered to do so by responding officers, putting the car in reverse and speeding off with flashing emergency lights, a broken windshield and a dangling passenger side mirror.

The incident was caught on video by shocked bystanders as more than 1,000 homes and businesses were left without power.

Refraining from pulling their guns, the California Highway Patrol officers then tried to chase the state park law enforcement officer on foot as he pulled up to a traffic light, but then he sped away.

Oroville police officers eventually got him to pull over and placed him in handcuffs, handing him over to the CHP who transported him to the hospital and determined he was not under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Daniel Kenney, who is listed as a state park peace officer supervisor, was then handed over to his department, who promptly placed him on paid administrative leave.

Kenney, a K-9 officer who made more than $95,000 last year,was the recipient of the 2012 Top Dog Award along with his dog Kilo for “demonstrating the best discipline, teamwork, and overall skills.”

It is not clear if Kilo was in the car with him as he made his getaway but the video shows the words “K-9 Unit, Stay Back” on the side of his patrol car.

Meanwhile, a man sitting inside the parked vehicle that was struck by Kenney’s patrol car was also transported to the hospital with minor injuries, according to Action News Now.

The incident took place at 2:30 p.m. when Kenney struck the parked car, causing both cars to strike the utility pole, which snapped in half.

It is not clear why Kenney crashed and it’s even less clear why he fled, but authorities assure us it is all under investigation.

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/10/28/watch-award-winning-california-cop-flees-scene-after-crashing-patrol-car/

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3169 on: October 29, 2016, 04:07:11 PM »
A citizen would likely have been shot.

Award-Winning California Cop Flees Scene after Crashing Patrol Car

An award-winning California cop crashed his patrol vehicle into a parked car and utility pole Thursday, then refused to step out when ordered to do so by responding officers, putting the car in reverse and speeding off with flashing emergency lights, a broken windshield and a dangling passenger side mirror.

The incident was caught on video by shocked bystanders as more than 1,000 homes and businesses were left without power.

Refraining from pulling their guns, the California Highway Patrol officers then tried to chase the state park law enforcement officer on foot as he pulled up to a traffic light, but then he sped away.

Oroville police officers eventually got him to pull over and placed him in handcuffs, handing him over to the CHP who transported him to the hospital and determined he was not under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Daniel Kenney, who is listed as a state park peace officer supervisor, was then handed over to his department, who promptly placed him on paid administrative leave.

Kenney, a K-9 officer who made more than $95,000 last year,was the recipient of the 2012 Top Dog Award along with his dog Kilo for “demonstrating the best discipline, teamwork, and overall skills.”

It is not clear if Kilo was in the car with him as he made his getaway but the video shows the words “K-9 Unit, Stay Back” on the side of his patrol car.

Meanwhile, a man sitting inside the parked vehicle that was struck by Kenney’s patrol car was also transported to the hospital with minor injuries, according to Action News Now.

The incident took place at 2:30 p.m. when Kenney struck the parked car, causing both cars to strike the utility pole, which snapped in half.

It is not clear why Kenney crashed and it’s even less clear why he fled, but authorities assure us it is all under investigation.

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/10/28/watch-award-winning-california-cop-flees-scene-after-crashing-patrol-car/

The Biggest Surprise is they didn't shoot the man in the parked car
& blame him for causing the accident & making them in fear of their lives.!!

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3170 on: October 30, 2016, 09:14:18 PM »
The pig and those who cover her should be locked up in prison for at least 10 years, tied in a chair and pepper sprayed every day. But what happens to criminals like these? They get a promotion.. The pig is now a "Captain".

Horrifying Video Shows Cop Torturing Restrained Woman With Mace Until She Falls Unconscious

Dayton, OH — “I thought I might die,” said Amber Swink of her harrowing experience being pepper-sprayed while in a seven-point restraint chair in the Montgomery County Jail in Dayton, Ohio, on November 15, 2015.

Video footage of the torturous incident shows Swink so tightly restrained in the chair, she is hardly able to move her head; but that didn’t stop Sgt. Judith L. Sealey from entering the isolation cell and unleashing pepper-spray in the 25-year-old’s face — at near point-blank range — for seemingly no reason but sadistic pleasure.

Swink acknowledged to the Washington Post she had, indeed, been drinking heavily at home that evening when police arrested her, and was still somewhat intoxicated when cameras recorded what happened. But she doesn’t understand what brought on the senseless attack.

“It felt like somebody just crushed up fresh peppers and made me use them as face cream,” Swink told the Post. “It took my breath away. You’re fighting for air. I remember my mouth was filling with a thick slobber, like foaming up — and that was also blocking my airway.”

As the Post described, “In the four-minute clip captured by a camera in the isolation cell, Swink can be seen struggling and coughing; she appears to pass out after her face is covered with a bright orange substance.”

Officers had already coated her face with the thick, orange substance once — and despite being a bit drunk, Swink recalls the jailers laughing outside the sterile isolation cell immediately before Sgt. Sealey’s inexplicable act.

In fact, it takes quite some time for officers to even attend to Swink — and when someone finally enters the cell to douse her eyes with a cruelly sparing amount of water, the air is so thick with pepper spray, he’s forced to vacate the room more than once.

Montgomery County Sheriff Phil Plummer agreed in September that — even though he had yet to view the surveillance footage — pepper-spraying a restrained individual violated departmental policy.
But Plummer characterized Swink’s experience as an “isolated incident.”

“Thirty percent of my jail is people suffering from mental illnesses,” the sheriff told the Post by phone, unintentionally highlighting one of the most critical issues surrounding America’s prison- and police-industrial complex. “There are a lot of situations that the police officers should not be dealing with, but everybody wants to blame the police.”

Police — including officers working in jails and prisons — in the overwhelming majority of departments across the United States do not receive proper or sufficient training to manage encounters with people suffering a wide variety of mental illnesses; and the resulting lack of understanding means those individuals are often subjected to excessive force.

Swink has filed an excessive force lawsuit in U.S. District Court accusing the sheriff’s department of acting in a manner “that amounted to torture,” and alleging law enforcement attempted to hide wrongdoing by destroying evidence.

“We will definitely oppose the lawsuit,” Plummer asserted unsurprisingly. “This isn’t that egregious where she’s walked away with any serious injuries. The officer she spit on should sue her.”
Describing being subjected to torture as ‘not that egregious’ simply because the victim did not sustain permanent injury shows a chilling level of callous cruelty and lack of comprehension Sealey’s actions constituted misconduct.

As the Post pointed out, a National Institute of Justice memo says pepper spray has been used by law enforcement in the U.S. since the 1980s “as a use of force option to subdue and control dangerous, combative, or violent subjects in the field. OC [oleoresin capsicum], with its ability to temporarily incapacitate subjects, has been credited with decreasing injuries among officers and arrestees by reducing the need for more severe force options.”

Swink — with arms, legs, and body restrictively strapped to a restraint chair — obviously posed no threat to jailhouse officers, however, and video proves the motivation to spray her must have been akin to unadulterated sadism.

“You cannot find any training manual that will tell you it is allowable to pepper-spray somebody who is restrained,” Kamran Loghman, a U.S. Naval Academy professor who helped develop pepper spray for law enforcement use, told the Post. “It is used to avoid confrontation or injury, so you don’t escalate to higher levels of confrontation. Pepper spray, therefore, should not be used if the subject is expressing verbal disagreement or anger.”

Ironically, if police deployed pepper spray more often in confrontations with the public — rather than immediately pulling the trigger of a gun — needless deaths could be reduced dramatically.
However, in the incident involving Swink, video proves an absolute lack of cause to deploy pepper spray, despite — as Plummer, Swink, and her attorney agree — her belligerent behavior prior to landing in the restraint chair.

Swink had yelled, banged on a window, kicked at an officer, and generally caused a disturbance after being brought to the Montgomery County Jail — for which officers justifiably used pepper spray the first time, and then strapped her to the restraint chair in the isolation cell.

“Shortly thereafter,” the lawsuit states, “Defendant Sealey went into Plaintiff Amber Swink’s cell with another can of OC spray and intentionally and maliciously sprayed Plaintiff Amber Swink’s face and body with the OC spray until she became unconscious and suffered permanent, serious, and debilitating injuries.”

Plummer told the Post Sealey had been disciplined for the misconduct — meaning she had received a write-up that would remain in her file for six months. Nothing more.

“We don’t tolerate once you’re secured using pepper-spray on you because the threat is neutralized,” the sheriff explained. “That’s the mistake that Sgt. Sealey made.”

Sealey has, in fact, since been promoted to Captain.

Attorney Douglas Brannon, representing Swink, asserted Sealey should have been criminally charged and immediately fired.

“I can’t fathom that the sheriff would even consider keeping this employee in light of the fact that her conduct was intentional, deliberate and abusive and directed towards an individual that was completely unable to protect herself,” he told the Post.

Now, Dayton Police are investigating to decide whether or not criminal charges should be filed against Sealey, who was placed on paid administrative leave last week for the duration of that investigation. On Wednesday, Plummer said,“[Sealey] is not exempt from criminal prosecution, she is not exempt from termination. She is going to be treated like everybody else.”

Swink, who suffered with asthma as a child, said the unnecessary use of pepper spray has brought back some of those breathing difficulties.

“My whole life, I looked up to law enforcement,” Swink told the Post. “They would come into our schools and talked to us and they were supposed to be some of the best people you could trust and call on.
“But now I wonder if there’s really anybody watching out for me and my family.”

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/sadistic-cop-tortures-restrained-woman-spray/

More information on this story. Funny how the criminal gang says "if you have nothing to hide, what are you afraid of", yet they are too willing to delete anything that could reveal their crimes. In effect, the criminals have access to evidence that can incriminate them and can do what they please with the evidence, while the victims don't. But as you can see, violent criminals don't get punished for their crimes, instead they get promotions and paid vacations.

Ohio Sheriff Sued after Video She tried to Destroy Surfaces, Showing Deputy Pepper Spraying Restrained Woman

An Ohio sheriff’s sergeant thought it was all fun and games when she and fellow deputies deleted video footage that showed her pepper spraying a women strapped down in a restraint chair.

But now the joke is on her because the video still exists, resulting in a lawsuit against Montgomery County Sheriff Sergeant Judith Sealey and her cohorts.

The video is below and the lawsuit can be read here, which goes into detail about how they conspired to delete the footage, but does not explain how the law firm obtained the footage.

Apparently, the video was leaked to attorney Douglas Brannon, who is representing the victim, because Montgomery County Sheriff Phil Plummer accused the attorney of possessing “stolen property.”

It all started November 15, 2015 when the victim, Amber Swink, 25, was arrested after deputies responded to a call of domestic violence at her home. Montgomery County sheriff’s deputies said she was drunk and belligerent.

Once at the Montgomery County Jail, sheriff’s deputies placed Swink in a restraint chair with her legs and arms strapped down, which was when she was peppered sprayed in the face by then-Sergeant Judith Sealey, who is now a captain.

According to the lawsuit:

It was ultimately determined by the Defendants that the videotape of Defendant Sealey spraying Plaintiff Amber Swink with OC spray while she was restrained in the restraint chair should be intentionally destroyed, along with other electronic data and reports to prevent probable civil litigation, criminal investigation and protect a black female being promoted to the command staff from discipline and/or termination.

Under orders and/or with the consent of Defendant Plummer, Defendant Crosby, Defendant Sealey and/or another member of the Montgomery County Sheriff’s office all videotape, electronic and other evidence of Defendant Sealey spraying Plaintiff Amber Swink with OC spray while in the restraint chair was destroyed.

Because the video contained evidence of a use of force incident, the lawsuit states that the jail was required to maintain possession of it for seven years.

But when attorney Brannon made a public records request for it, he was told there was an “automatic data overwrite” of video every seven days, so it no longer existed.

The lawsuit also states that the department protected and promoted Sealey because she was black and the sheriff was trying to prove the department was not racist after firing two deputies earlier this year for sending racist texts.

Sealey is on paid administrative leave. She was a Sergeant at the time of the incident, but has since been promoted to Captain.

Sheriff Phil Plummer even said the pepper spraying violated department policy. Evidently, Sealey was suppose to complete a use of force form upon her use of the pepper spray but that form was never filled out. Sheriff Plummer also said the video footage was stolen.

According to the Dayton Daily News:

“This looks orchestrated from within the inside. It’s disturbing because, you know, we have faith in our employees. Systems are set up that employees have access to all these records to do their jobs. So now, somebody thinks something wasn’t handled properly. They’re going to steal records. This is a theft. This is obstructing official business. This is tampering with evidence,” said Sheriff Plummer.

The proper protocol entails the sergeant downloading the video onto a CD, completing all the reports, and sending it all over to the captain. Once the captain looks at the given information, the determination will be made to send it to the major and so on to the chief.

But, the information never even made it to the captain.

As for Swink, she said she will never get over the incident.

“It felt like somebody just crushed up fresh peppers and made me use them as face cream. I remember my mouth was filling with a thick slobber, like foaming up — and that was also blocking my airway, I thought I might die.”

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/10/30/ohio-sheriff-sued-after-video-he-tried-to-destroy-surfaces-showing-deputy-pepper-spraying-restrained-woman/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3171 on: November 01, 2016, 10:01:10 PM »
The blue wall of silence. Once again, the criminals conveniently ignoring the laws and covering up, because in their minds law enforcement=law exempt. The whole stop lasted 45 seconds and they all laughed. Why are these criminals exempted from the laws? What would've happened to a citizen who was clocked at 107mph?

Dashcam: Chief Caught Doing Over 100 mph Only for Fellow Cops to Stop Him and Laugh About It

Brinkley, AR — Dashcam video showing preferential treatment of an Arkansas police chief has him scrambling to defend himself for being let off easy — without so much as a warning — after speeding to an off-duty job as a referee at a football game.

Footage obtained by THV11 from Arkansas State Police following a viewer tip, shows Brinkley Police Chief Edward Randle being pulled over in his personal vehicle, a red pickup truck, near Clarendon on Friday, October 21.

A state trooper assisted an officer from the Brinkley force upon request, and makes a U-turn after witnessing the speeding red pickup driving in the opposite direction, to make the stop.

As the trooper approaches the driver’s side, dashcam video shows he immediately recognized the Brinkley chief of police, and laughingly asks, “Where are you going so fast?”

Randle — obviously familiar to the state trooper — isn’t asked to produce identification, and tells the officer he’s headed for the game, which he later clarified for THV11 was the Clarendon-Marvell football game.
At that point, the Brinkley officer, who had summoned state police for assistance with the stop, also approaches Randle — as the trooper tells the chief the officer had been tailing him for miles when he finally called for assistance.

“I know you didn’t call the State Police!” Randle quips to the Brinkley officer.

“I didn’t have your plate,” the officer replies, “so it didn’t go over.”

As THV11 posits, that statement “could indicate that, since the officer did not announce the truck’s license plate number into his radio, nobody else would know the chief had been pulled over.”

The trio laughs about the chief’s excessive speed, and the officer tells him, “I had you locked in at 107.”

“It won’t do 107. It’ll only do 95,” Randle responds, referring to a governor capping his truck’s speed, as he later explained to THV11 in an unrecorded interview.

After a few more laughs, the officer tells Randle he measured the truck’s speed over 90 miles an hour — and the chief was still pulling away at the time.

Despite the obvious dangers of such high speeds on the narrow, curvy road, both the trooper and Brinkley officer simply walk away from the truck, as the officer says dismissively, “See you later, Chief.”
Video captures the last exchange between the two cops as Randle pulls away — the state trooper notes he clocked the chief doing “71 at the curve.”

In two phone interviews with THV11 — which were not recorded, by request — Randle disputes he ever came close to the truck’s alleged top possible speed of 95, as well as the trooper’s claim in dashcam footage he had been rounding the curve at 71 mph.

Additionally, “Though the state trooper claimed that the officer had been pursuing Randle for miles, Randle told THV11 that the officer was on his way to Clarendon to get fingerprints from someone at the county jail.”
THV11 spoke with local business owner, Benjamin Martin, who first noticed the stop by a Brinkley officer inside Clarendon city limits.

“I find it, you know, very disheartening, that anyone, public official or not, would show such blatant disregard for the speed limit, and put the lives of innocent others at risk,” Martin told the station in a video interview.

“I just feel that no one’s above the law, and you know, if it was me, I would’ve gotten a ticket.”

Indeed, the public might be lucky the off-duty Brinkley police chief didn’t lose control of his vehicle while traveling at such a high rate of speed — simply to make it to a football game.

Neither the Brinkley officer nor the state trooper are being investigated for wrongdoing — despite giving the chief a free pass. Arkansas State Police told THV11 the incident fell under control of the Brinkley Police Department as soon as the officer arrived on scene, even though the trooper affected the stop.

“As a chief of police, and as a law enforcement officer, you’re sworn to protect and serve,” Martin asserted, “which is the opposite of putting the lives of others at risk.”

Although nothing serious resulted from Randle’s excessive speeds, it was notorious blue privilege that allowed him to drive away without even a warning.

These seemingly small favors afforded to police by police on a constant basis highlight the divide civilians feel in their encounters with law enforcement. Indeed, the idea police belong to an exclusive club of impunity — simply because of their chosen occupation — only increases tension and resentment in their communities.

If police don’t uphold and enforce the laws they enforce against civilians, the law becomes an arbitrary, exploitive method for generating revenue — and nothing more.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/dashcam-speeding-cop-laughing/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3172 on: November 01, 2016, 10:06:47 PM »
Notice how with cops it is always an "accidental discharge" and the gun "discharged itself". These are the people who are "trained" in firearms and have access to weapons that the mere plebs can only dream of. Notice how it is instantly considered an "accident" and the shooter is given special treatment and privileges.

California Deputy Kills Fellow Deputy in Negligent Discharge while Discussing Gun Safety

They were talking about gun safety when a sheriff’s deputy’s gun went off, killing another deputy.

But Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims announced today that it was “nothing but an accident.”

Not that they have interviewed the cop who shot and killed Sergeant Rod Lucas, a 46-year-old father of four who had worked for the Fresno County Sheriff’s Office since 1996.

Nor have they released his name for that matter.

All we can tell you now is that Lucas became the 961st police shooting victim this year, according to Killed by Police.

And even though he was shot and killed in the line of duty, he is not mentioned on Officer Down, the site that tracks the names and numbers of officers killed in the line of duty.

The incident took place Monday inside “a room at the sheriff’s special investigations unit office near Fresno Yosemite International Airport,” according to the Fresno Bee.

At a news conference Tuesday afternoon, Mims said Lucas and a colleague, described only as a detective, were discussing safety of backup weapons when the detective’s gun went off.

Lucas died later at Community Regional Medical Center. Mims said staff in the investigations unit are plainclothes officers who investigate crimes such as narcotics and vice. No one was wearing a bulletproof vest.

“He was truly a leader in the best terms I can describe,” Mims said of Lucas, who joined the Sheriff’s Office in September 1996. “He was the sergeant that people wanted to work for.”

The incident still is being investigated. Mims said the detective whose gun went off has not been interviewed, nor had the sheriff spoken to him, “because of his mental state,” she said.

Message Sgt. Rod Lucas’ wife asked Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims to pass along

“We’re giving him the time he needs,” said Mims, who declined to identify the detective by name. “We’re taking care of him.”

There was no disagreement or argument occurring when the gun went off, Mims said. “There was nothing like that going on. We have no reason to think it was anything but an accident.”

But as any gun owner will tell you, there are no accidental gun discharges. This was a negligent discharge.

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/11/01/california-deputy-kills-fellow-deputy-in-negligent-discharge-while-discussing-gun-safety/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3173 on: November 02, 2016, 08:52:30 AM »
Don't forget that only cops are "highly trained" in using firearms, unlike the citizens.

Cop Fired After Shooting Own 11-year-old Daughter at a Halloween Party

Lincolnton, NC — Time and again, police prove that the government having a monopoly on the use of weapons is a terrible idea. A glaring example of this incompetence is evidenced through a recent case in North Carolina in which a police officer shot her own daughter.

On Monday, the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office announced that deputy Misty Michelle Flowers, 38, was terminated after she shot her 11-year-old daughter over the weekend.
The shooting happened as Flowers, who is entrusted by the state to act responsibly with a firearm, was showing off her service weapon to friends Saturday night when she squeezed the trigger. The bullet then went through the wall and hit her daughter in another room.

“I find gross negligence and the disregard for the safety of others was displayed in the incident Saturday night and therefore Officer Flowers was terminated today,” Sheriff David Carpenter said. “This is totally separate from the SBI investigation into the incident that occurred at her residence.”

According to WNCN:

Lincoln County deputies said they were called to the home at 11:23 p.m. and started tending to the girl’s injury. The child was taken to CHS-Lincoln and then airlifted to Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte for surgery. According to deputies, she was in stable condition after treatment.

Neighbors say there was a Halloween party going on at the house where this happened.

Flowers has been with the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office since 2015 and worked for the Catawba County Sheriff’s Office before that.

“During this entire situation, my focus has been on the well-being and condition of the child involved and am of the understanding the child is going to be ok after the surgery. This is a very tragic situation for all involved, the officer, her family, her career and everyone that has been touched by this,” Carpenter said. “We continue to pray for healing of the child and the entire family as the investigation continues over the next several days.”

According to the SBI, an investigation into the incident is still ongoing. It is unclear whether or not Flowers will face any charges.

This is the second such incident in only a week in which a police officer accidentally fired their weapon endangering the lives of children. Last week, the Free Thought Project reported on the Ohio cop who fired his weapon into a daycare center while it was fully occupied.

“Right now our law department has it and they are reviewing it to see if there should be any charges,” Police Chief Jack Davis said last Wednesday morning.

Imagine for a moment that you were showing off your pistol to friends at a Halloween party and all of the sudden, you accidentally squeeze off a round and shoot your own daughter.

There are two possible scenarios that would take place; the first one being that a SWAT team responds and you are killed. The second, less lethal result would be your inevitable arrest and charges of public endangerment, unlawful discharge, illegal use of a firearm, assault with a deadly weapon, terrorism, or a myriad of other charges associated with sending a deadly projectile hurling through a wall and into a child. You would immediately be facing fines, jail time, probation, and firearms restrictions.

However, if you are a government agent who’s trusted with carrying a deadly weapon into places others cannot, you needn’t worry about any of those repercussions.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/police-fired-weapon-daughter/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3174 on: November 02, 2016, 08:55:17 AM »
Criminal gang robbing helpless people.

Cop Caught on His Own Body Camera Stealing Money From Unconscious Crash Victim

Denver, CO — A Denver cop has been arrested and suspended without pay after his own body camera footage caught him stealing $1,200 in cash from a crash victim.

Instead of helping an unconscious crash victim, officer Julian Archuleta took advantage of the situation for his own personal gain by going through the man’s clothing and robbing him. Archuleta now faces charges of misdemeanor theft, 1st-degree official misconduct and tampering with physical evidence.

According to an arrest affidavit, Archuleta responded to a call of shots fired in the early morning hours of October 7. The call then led to a short pursuit which ended as the car crashed. The driver got away while the passenger of the vehicle was knocked unconscious.

Archuleta’s body camera then recorded the officer for the next 24 minutes and 40 seconds. In the footage, he took pictures of the scene and then searched the man’s clothing which had been removed by paramedics.
In the video, Archuleta finds a stack of cash in the man’s pants with a $100 bill on top, according to the arrest affidavit. He then separates the $100 bill from the stack and a $1 bill remains on top.

Throughout the footage, Archuleta shuffles money and rearranges paperwork in his patrol car, the affidavit said.
According to the Denver Post, when a detective collected the cash and logged it into the property bureau as evidence, he counted $118 and did not find any $100 bills, the affidavit said. But while reviewing Archuleta’s body camera footage as part of the investigation, the detective noticed the $100 bill.

Amazingly enough, instead of covering up the theft, the detective crossed the thin blue line and reported the inconsistency with the $100 bill to internal affairs. When confronted by investigators, Archuleta told them he would “check his war bag” to see if any of the money had slipped into a crevice in his patrol car.

According to the arrest affidavit, Archuleta called the detective back an hour later and claimed he found 12 $100 bills that “must have fallen in his bag.” After being caught red-handed, Archuleta then turned in the money.

According to the Post, the Denver district attorney’s office declined to prosecute the shooting suspect because of the missing cash and because Archuleta allegedly moved evidence inside the suspect’s vehicle before detectives had a search warrant, the affidavit said.

Earlier this year, the Denver police department was equipped with body cameras. We now know why it took so long for the department to adopt them. Archuleta will now go down in history as the first Denver cop to be criminally charged based on body camera evidence.

Like most cases of police theft, this incident is not isolated. In fact, just 2 months ago, Grants Police Department Sgt. Roshern C. McKinney, 33, was arrested after an investigation found that he’d stolen both money and marijuana from the police department. Like Archuleta, the entire theft was captured on the officer’s own body camera. McKinney has since been charged with marijuana distribution, conspiracy, and felony embezzlement.

State police also charged McKinney’s 23-year-old girlfriend Tanicka Gallegos-Gonzales, for drug distribution and conspiracy. Both were arrested in Albuquerque and booked into the Sandoval County Detention Center, according to KOB.

Public Information Officer for the New Mexico State Police, Elizabeth Armijo said Grants police chief, Craig Vandiver alerted state police after the department found video from Mckinney’s lapel camera that “exposed possible illicit activity by a Grants Police Department sergeant.”

What does it say about the criminal tendency of some police officers when they are unable to practice restraint from theft — knowing that they are being recorded?

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop-caught-body-camera-stealing-money/