Author Topic: Whats your dream car?  (Read 11294 times)

Dokey111

• Getbig V
Re: Whats your dream car?
« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2020, 01:44:23 PM »
Dokey111 that was a great video about the Cheetah, I remember them from when I was a kid..  My daily driver from 1987-1988 was a 1972 Pantera....it was a beast, but it would leave me stranded like once a week, so I got rid of it, for a 57 Chevy ( believe it or not) which I still have...that only leaves me stranded once a month, so big improvement...

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/rare-cheetah-sports-car-sold-for-record-price

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2020, 01:49:17 PM »
Wasn't april her replacement better?
and Bonnie might throw you a little pussy every once in a while too.

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2020, 02:28:53 PM »
LÖL!

KWON, if you see any Volvo Sugga around snatch it , I'll pay U in black opal  ;)

Red Bull Australia have 1, but ............. :-\

epic is back

• Getbig V
  • It is only in darkness that light is brightest
« Reply #103 on: August 22, 2020, 03:41:57 PM »
You'll be very happy with it!

You have a  992 turbo ?

Wow. What can you tell us about it ? What country are you in ?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #104 on: August 22, 2020, 03:43:36 PM »
This !! Guys has balls driving around $50 Million dollars!!

urj200

• Getbig II
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2020, 04:25:05 PM »
You have a  992 turbo ?

Wow. What can you tell us about it ? What country are you in ?

No, '18 Turbo S. I'm in the US. No 992 big "T" turbos here yet, but soon I believe!

epic is back

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2020, 04:26:20 PM »
No, '18 Turbo S. I'm in the US. No 992 big "T" turbos here yet, but soon I believe!

What’d your favorite thing about your car ?

Daily driver ?

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2020, 06:05:18 PM »
Wasn't april her replacement better?

urj200

• Getbig II
« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2020, 06:36:42 PM »
What’d your favorite thing about your car ?

Daily driver ?

My daily is a Toyota Land Cruiser. This is my 4th Turbo and each one seems to get better. Favorite thing about it? Hard to pick just one. Overall quality and of course the performance. The acceleration is really insane. My primary driving mode is Sport. Sport + is pretty severe TBH.
if you're going to order one, suggest you take your time and spec it exactly as you want it. Look forward to seeing pictures of yours when you get it

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2020, 07:39:14 PM »
Also steering wheel on the left side, but claims to be a foreigner.....

Things that make you go hmmm......?

Do what? ???

epic is back

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2020, 08:54:15 PM »
My daily is a Toyota Land Cruiser. This is my 4th Turbo and each one seems to get better. Favorite thing about it? Hard to pick just one. Overall quality and of course the performance. The acceleration is really insane. My primary driving mode is Sport. Sport + is pretty severe TBH.
if you're going to order one, suggest you take your time and spec it exactly as you want it. Look forward to seeing pictures of yours when you get it

thanks man,  for me i am after the carrera s i cant spring 205k foir the turbo s model

i would like to order one speced out to my liking  but thats 150k new for carrera s

so im going to buy used, which is only 6 months away and ill save myself 40-60k in depreciation with a car that has less than 10k miles on it

i would like it  exactly as i want. but there are plenty of gaurds red models with the same chrome wheels and tan interior i prefer, the badge deletes and interior trims and tachometer colors are a nice touch, but unless my intials are on the headrest its not really personal.

thanks for sharing your car

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2020, 04:57:52 AM »
Hope you and yours are well with all this idiocy going on! :-\

Thanks 👍🏻  We are & doing our best to keep a as normal life.
Speak soon.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2020, 06:44:33 AM »
Miami vice style Ferrari Testarossa

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2020, 06:46:12 AM »
Timeless beauty.

Same.   To me the most gorgeous car ever made.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2020, 06:47:24 AM »
Ferrari Testarossa

Amen brotha.  Still nothing to me is even close to that.

ElPolloSalmonello

• Getbig III
« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2020, 07:44:47 AM »
so im going to buy used, which is only 6 months away

All that build up for a used car you want to buy in half a year?

I hereby predict I'll be nailing a supermodel in 6 months time (providing there's nothing horrific required like dating/conversation/acting normal/holding in farts etc.)

Ballin  ::)

Seriously though - if you can't afford the car - the maintenance might wipe you out.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2020, 08:11:12 AM »

The turbo models are too soft in the overall driving experience, they are really made for daily driving. All around super car, awd, grocery getter, and occasional weekend track duty

The GT cars are a whole another level. Even the cayman gt4 I have more fun in

urj200

• Getbig II
« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2020, 08:23:04 AM »
GT4s are amazing. Dealers are already asking $20K over MSRP for the new 4.0 liter 718 Spyders.

epic is back

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2020, 12:32:47 PM »
All that build up for a used car you want to buy in half a year?

I hereby predict I'll be nailing a supermodel in 6 months time (providing there's nothing horrific required like dating/conversation/acting normal/holding in farts etc.)

Ballin  ::)

Seriously though - if you can't afford the car - the maintenance might wipe you out.

I don’t throw money away bro

Learned that from people who  have lots of it

Why throw away 40-60 k when I can get some car which is still new if under 10 k miles

You realize a 2020 model is released in 2019

So they always got people playing catch up wanting newest model

Not me

I don’t plan on upgrading I plan on keeping it till it falls apart

Service on porche is every 20 k

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: August 23, 2020, 02:27:11 PM »

ElPolloSalmonello

• Getbig III
« Reply #120 on: August 23, 2020, 06:03:57 PM »
I don’t throw money away bro

Learned that from people who  have lots of it

Why throw away 40-60 k when I can get some car which is still new if under 10 k miles

You realize a 2020 model is released in 2019

So they always got people playing catch up wanting newest model

Not me

I don’t plan on upgrading I plan on keeping it till it falls apart

Service on porche is every 20 k

A new car isn't throwing money away. It's all relative - someone that earns $150k a month isn't going to buy a 2nd hand car. That doesn't mean they are stupid or that the instant depreciation on buying a new car is throwing money away, it just means it's not enough to worry about. The idea that savvy, rich people buy 2nd hand cars isn't something I've witnessed.

The big benefit of a new car is that you know its history, you know how it's been taken care of, you know how it's been driven. If some hot-shot sales guy had a Porsche and then got his ass fired - how will he treat that car before returning it? How do you know the 1 year old car you are buying isn't one that kept going wrong from day 1 and the owner finally had enough?

The first BMW I had, the gearbox went in 9 days & I got a new car from them. That 2nd car - the gearbox went in 6 weeks - I got a 100% refund. With that refund, I ended up persuading them to give me a totally different model (with a different gearbox and a 3 month money back guarantee) at a massive discount.

I then had 2 fuel pumps go - which run at around $1,200 each & I got full replacements - so to me, the  full warranty is important.

New car basically stops you from getting screwed and having to deal with all the shit that follows. Even with lemon laws, you are looking at a bunch of stress. Buy a car from the main dealer - they take care of you because they want to sell you the next.

Right now - with interest rates close to nothing - you also should take main dealer financing. Even if it's just 20% of the cost of the car - because if the dealer doesn't do you right - you can stop paying for it - and that wakes the fuckers up when the finance company calls corporate.

As for running it into the ground, that can be costly. These cars are jam packed full of tech. There's a ton more stuff to go wrong than in a Toyota shitbox. Parts are VERY expensive and engineers that can fix a car like this are not common. To repair a high-end car needs a lot of diagnosis equipment. So as it gets older and repairs become more frequent - you can run into some very hefty bills. A wind mirror on my Beemer is $700, fuel pump $1,200 - new oil pan recently was $500. Plus - where I am - some parts have to be shipped from Germany as they don't stock everything in country. This part of your idea is where you will be throwing money away

If you are saving up to buy this car, that does imply you are stretching yourself to get it (I could be wrong). IMO - it's not worth it.

epic is back

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: August 23, 2020, 06:27:23 PM »
Valid points bro

I bought my Mercedes with 6 k miles on it

Saved 15 k to do that

Cars are made well now

I’m not worried about how hard the car was driven

Of course a 911 will be driven hard

I’m not marrying the car , not making love to The car , not to worried about its history

I don’t make 150 a month

So yeah my goal is to get a carrera s 992 for under 100 k if u see one that’s perfect with 5 k miles or less I’ll pay 120 k

But to  buy brand new and lose your ass on the depreciation is not my style

I’m just not into losing

Thank you for your post , they are valid points

ElPolloSalmonello

• Getbig III
« Reply #122 on: August 23, 2020, 07:54:45 PM »
Valid points bro

I bought my Mercedes with 6 k miles on it

Saved 15 k to do that

Cars are made well now

I’m not worried about how hard the car was driven

Of course a 911 will be driven hard

I’m not marrying the car , not making love to The car , not to worried about its history

I don’t make 150 a month

So yeah my goal is to get a carrera s 992 for under 100 k if u see one that’s perfect with 5 k miles or less I’ll pay 120 k

But to  buy brand new and lose your ass on the depreciation is not my style

I’m just not into losing

Thank you for your post , they are valid points

Reliability of these cars is a complex issue. If you take my AMG & your Porsche - both are hi-tech companies involved in F1 racing  - the real bleeding edge of engine design. It's part of what helps them innovate in their road vehicles. But it's called the bleeding edge for a reason.

Your typical high-end/performance vehicle has many, many more components than your average Toyota shitbox.  So let's say the Toyota shitbox has 10,000 components and the Porsche has 15,000. That's 50% as many things to go wrong. So even at the same level of reliability, you are 50% more likely to have issues.

Combine this with the fact that they are putting new tech into these cars or upgraded versions of tech and you do have to expect something to go wrong. Plus with the complexity - there's always a chance that the engineers can make a slip up putting it all back together. It's the reason I insisted on a new car after throwing a gearbox at 9 days - I want a factory built engine, not a workshop rebuilt one.

Extended warranties are good - but I'd call around and ask the price for a gearbox replacement, windscreen replacement and a replacement wing mirror, if  that doesn't make you puke - go for it.  I'd also look to for the availability of extended warranties - my experience here is that they have them but rarely try to sell them to you.

One other thing about here (Thailand) - I simply would not buy a used car here. Too many horror stories. If you are in US with lemon law - you are in a better position in theory but I don't know how much of a pain it is if you get a lemon.

epic is back

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2020, 08:05:07 PM »
yes i see your issues. but we have different outlooks on cars. im not going to worry about what might go wrong.  i just want a good price for the car im after.

warrantees are for suckers. they always lie. always. same as insurance. there is always a lie or a catch and they will  not pay.

buying a car that has under 10k is not a problem for me. i dont plan on the car being perfect. i know it will break down here and there.

i might spend 40k fixing it over time yes. but why throw the 40k away right off the bat by buying brand new?

i understand you dont want to pay for repairs, and i dont want to  overpay period.

either way im going to have to pay for repairs if i keep it long enough.

im not going to pay 8k down, to lease it for 1500 a month for 3 years just to give it back.  thats just for the standard carrera model. not even  s model

ill buy it and if it breaks, it breaks. i know it will so im not gonna stress about what could happen.

but im not paying 150 k for a car

90-100k is doable for myself,and my budgets i set for myself

100k is a shitload as well for a car . but i will be getting 50k off for taking one with 10k or less miles on it

for me thats ok

now can we just get back to being happy and talking about our dream cars?

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #124 on: August 24, 2020, 08:05:35 AM »
An early 60s Cadillac convertible and the money to buy the gas so I could drive it.