Author Topic: Pro Bbing Weekly - Bob says Lee Priest has to petition AFTER suspension is up!  (Read 12428 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
hahahaha, what do you people want Bob to do, hold a gun to Manion's head and force him to let Lee do the Olympia? gimme a fucckin' break, i like Lee but he made his choice and he knew the consequences.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
hahahaha, what do you people want Bob to do, hold a gun to Manion's head and force him to let Lee do the Olympia? gimme a fucckin' break, i like Lee but he made his choice and he knew the consequences.

You have a good idea there.  I like it.  Lets have the competitors vote ;D

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !

ok muscle mafia  ::)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
hahahaha.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV

HOW CAN THEY KEEP SUSPENDING ME ..IF I AM NOT A MEMBER.......I HAVE SPONSORS TO KEEP HAPPY...IF THE IFBB DOSENT LET ME COMPETE I WILL COMPETE ELSEWHERE THAT IS FOR SURE...HAVE TO MAKE A LIVING.....

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
you know that's what annoys me most about this "punishment' to Lee A Priest.  the IFBB is causing financial hardship on Lee A Priest if they forbid him to get other work when he is not under contract.  how can he be an independent contractor if his conditions for reinstatement include not working for a rival organization? 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
HOW CAN THEY KEEP SUSPENDING ME ..IF I AM NOT A MEMBER.......I HAVE SPONSORS TO KEEP HAPPY...IF THE IFBB DOSENT LET ME COMPETE I WILL COMPETE ELSEWHERE THAT IS FOR SURE...HAVE TO MAKE A LIVING.....

You know your options, Lee...as we discussed...the IFBB may very well let you back, in 2008. What you do before that application will certainly have a bearing on the outcome.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
you know that's what annoys me most about this "punishment' to Lee A Priest.  the IFBB is causing financial hardship on Lee A Priest if they forbid him to get other work when he is not under contract.  how can he be an independent contractor if his conditions for reinstatement include not working for a rival organization? 

The IFBB does not forbid Lee to work elsewhere...nor can they dictate what he does or does not do to earn a living.

He has no "conditions" for reinstatement...I can only stress that whatever his actions are may reflect on heir willingness to allow him back in...should he want back in.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
WHY IS THAT BOB??? IF I AM NOT A MEMBER THEN ICAN COMPETE FREE ANYWHERE....I HAVE SPONSORS TO PLEASE AND MAKE A LIVING ......I AM MEANT TO WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR AND THEN MAYBE ..THATS MAYBE GET LET BACK IN......SO THE IFBB WILL PAY ME TILL THEN NOT TO COMPETE ELSEWHERE??

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
You know your options, Lee...as we discussed...the IFBB may very well let you back, in 2008. What you do before that application will certainly have a bearing on the outcome.

translation:

"do as you're told or your gone..."

:D
Ron: "I am lazy."

AVBG

why can't Manion and co. organise a special meeting to hear the case prior to the last show, then Lee could prepare and qualify for the O (if good enough) and would have served his one year suspension.. that would be logical and ethical (IMO)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
why can't Manion and co. organise a special meeting to hear the case prior to the last show, then Lee could prepare and qualify for the O (if good enough) and would have served his one year suspension.. that would be logical and ethical (IMO)

It was proposed...and rejected.

No special circumstances will be given...

AVBG

It was proposed...and rejected.

No special circumstances will be given...

on what grounds was it rejected? It's not like he want's to compete prior to the expiration of his suspension, just wants to know if he should bother getting into shape..  :-\

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
on what grounds was it rejected? It's not like he want's to compete prior to the expiration of his suspension, just wants to know if he should bother getting into shape..  :-\

It was rejected on the grounds that a reduced suspension was already offered to Lee, which he rejected...so they won't offer another one.

AVBG

It was rejected on the grounds that a reduced suspension was already offered to Lee, which he rejected...so they won't offer another one.

Was Lee banned for more than one year? IF not, his suspension would/should have been backdated to the competition (PDI NYC show)..

So realistically Lee isn't asking for a reduced suspension (or any favour), rather asking/confirming his eligibility to compete once his suspension is over.. IF he has shown his intent (like he recently has on PBW, replay available via http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/radioarchive.htm  8) ) that should be sufficient for Manion and co. to at the least confirm that he would be accepted back in the IFBB once the full term of the suspension was served.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
Was Lee banned for more than one year? IF not, his suspension would/should have been backdated to the competition (PDI NYC show)..

So realistically Lee isn't asking for a reduced suspension (or any favour), rather asking/confirming his eligibility to compete once his suspension is over.. IF he has shown his intent (like he recently has on PBW, replay available via http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/radioarchive.htm  8) ) that should be sufficient for Manion and co. to at the least confirm that he would be accepted back in the IFBB once the full term of the suspension was served.

Lee's suspension was dated from Sept 16, 2006- Sept. 15, 2007

Once your suspension is up, you are then eligible to APPLY for reinstatement, which would be considered by a panel...this process alone would take him past the AC Pro date, as I already stated...they will not hear the case before the suspension ends.

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
Im getting confused, does Chick represent the IFBB/Manion or does he represent the pro bodybuilders who compete ?

::)

AVBG

Lee's suspension was dated from Sept 16, 2006- Sept. 15, 2007

Once your suspension is up, you are then eligible to APPLY for reinstatement, which would be considered by a panel...this process alone would take him past the AC Pro date, as I already stated...they will not hear the case before the suspension ends.

Tell Jim to gimme a call, (Dan has my number) I'll sort it out with him direct (no offense Bob) ;D It'll be done over a couple of beers having a bbq.. ;)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
Im getting confused, does Chick represent the IFBB/Manion or does he represent the pro bodybuilders who compete ?

I represent the IFBB athletes....

AVBG

Keep in mind Bob can only work within the specified guidelines. Unless someone wants to legally challenge the IFBB constitution, Bob can't do much more than appeal to the discretion of the IFBB powerbrokers.

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
  • Twink, Twink, little star.
bob, why did you delete my OPINION that you don't give a shit about lee?

if my OPINION was that you did, you wouldn't have deleted it.

This is a gossip and OPINION board.

You wig wearer.
Addicted to the Steal

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
i appreciate to openness and candor of all the participants

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
bob, why did you delete my OPINION that you don't give a shit about lee?

if my OPINION was that you did, you wouldn't have deleted it.

This is a gossip and OPINION board.

You wig wearer.

I didn't delete your post...say whatever you want

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
  • Twink, Twink, little star.
I didn't delete your post...say whatever you want

okay.

Rusty Jeffers owns you.
Addicted to the Steal

Chick

• The Pros