Author Topic: McDonald's is pure garbage.  (Read 68687 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: McDonald's is pure garbage.
« Reply #275 on: August 03, 2018, 09:47:34 PM »
Went with the grilled Artesian Chicken sandwich yesterday instead of the QP with cheese. The dollar price is still going. That and small fries were enough because the chicken sand has almost
40 grams of protein so I didn't have to spike it with an extra piece of meat like I do with the DP.
So all told it cost me less than $3.

Can't beat that.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #276 on: August 04, 2018, 03:10:02 AM »
Vince Basile is an expert on the bicep supination machine!

He is an expert on gym bankruptcy 2   ;)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #277 on: August 04, 2018, 05:25:50 AM »
Vince. The fact is you achieved a title of Mr. Canada. That's pretty cool. Whether there were 10 judges, 3 judges, you knew the judges or the competition was lacking is irrelevant. You are Mr. Canada. 1970. Very few of the posters here of the 45000 members, less than 1% can claim winning a title.

You were involved in some of the early, best competitions, at least attending them and mingled with some of the greats. Less than 1% can claim that. Just remember that.   

Well said.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #278 on: August 04, 2018, 08:49:44 AM »
Vince. The fact is you achieved a title of Mr. Canada. That's pretty cool. Whether there were 10 judges, 3 judges, you knew the judges or the competition was lacking is irrelevant. You are Mr. Canada. 1970. Very few of the posters here of the 45000 members, less than 1% can claim winning a title.

You were involved in some of the early, best competitions, at least attending them and mingled with some of the greats. Less than 1% can claim that. Just remember that.   

Lol he PICKED the judges.

That’s like a baseball team winning the World Series and picking the umpire.

It negates the win.
X

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #279 on: August 04, 2018, 08:53:00 AM »

It negates the win.

Imagine if those 'judges' were actual Getbiggers like you, me, Henda, FitnessFrenzy, etc ;D

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #280 on: August 04, 2018, 09:08:43 AM »
Imagine if those 'judges' were actual Getbiggers like you, me, Henda, FitnessFrenzy, etc ;D

I would be completely hyped, shout: "GO BASILE!" and throw paper blue stars on the stage!  ;D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #281 on: August 04, 2018, 09:12:43 AM »

I’d make Basile admit to the crowd and his competitors that he rigged the show.
X

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #282 on: August 04, 2018, 09:24:08 AM »
Vince Basile and The Fixing of The 1970 Mr. Canada -

--------------------------------------

Vince Basile explains that it was a shitty contest -

"Melvin and Bob are on a mission to dismiss me any way they can. So they cling to the notion that I won Mr Canada because I was the only competitor. What a load of rubbish. What is true is because it was held in Vancouver for the first time only one competitor from Quebec represented Eastern Canada. No one was from Toronto. So, yes, it was a much depleted lineup but you can win only if you show up. Very few BC guys enterred early Mr Canada contests because of the distance to Quebec where they were usually held because Ben Weider lived there.

Walter Milner and John Mikl who placed 4th and 5th went on to win Mr Canada later on. Philippe Alfani from Montreal came 3rd and Ken Rivard from Vancouver was 2nd. There were 13 judges including Chuck Sipes. I got 8 out of the 13 votes for first so Ken could easily have won that day. I won best poser and best legs and Ken won best arms, back and chest. Walter won best abs and most muscular. We called him cuts in those days. He was from Moosehorn, Manitoba. He died from a fall as a window cleaner. What a great guy he was. There was also a Mr Pacific Northwest Contest that day for people from Alaska, BC, Washington and Oregon. We didn't get many competing so I won that easily. That was a good day for me. You can only imagine the envy that hapless Melvin Goodrum has for anyone who won a national title. Since I bag him regularly on Getbig he is keen to retaliate so questions my victory and suggests I was a heavy drug user. Ha. Even Bob doubts that I took as little as I did. What the hell would that stooge know? Guys like him think they know everything but end up stooges for others who really run bodybuilding. I wouldn't let him sell tickets for a chook raffle in a pub!"

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=313320.25 .

-------------------------------------

Vince picked the judges -

"I picked 15 judges but 13 were there. Ken Rivard got 5 and I got 8 first place votes. I picked intelligent, independent, experienced and unbiased people. Chuck Sipes picked me which I felt good about. It was a close contest and I was surprised that I won."

Post 21 here -

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=349068.0 .

--------------------------------------

Vince admits Chuck Sipes was a (paid?) guest poser -

Post 60 -

"Chuck Sipes was the guest poser. He also put on a strongman display where he bent a steel spike and a steel bar. He had the announcer read out some hype while he was doing his feats. He bent a 6 inch nail by wrapping a small towel around it. Then presto, one bend and it was U-shaped. He then tossed the spike to the audience where it was passed around. Several of us went out and bought steel nails to see how we could go. The 6 inch nail was fairly easy but in fairness to Chuck, he bent it much quicker than any of us. I was able to bend a 7 inch nail after some practice"

Vince had a bone to pick with the second place winner -

Post 69 - "Ken Rivard was a loner. I don't know his background but I used to hang around English Bay Beach in Vancouver and Ken was there occasionally. I knew him from the gym so we were mates. Somehow he turned on me before the Mr Canada and acted rather cocky and ruthless. I would have helped him with his posing but he dismissed me. Things like that got to me and inside I wanted to show him."

Vince was Ray Beck's (contest promoter's) right hand man -

Post 65 -

"Here is the article published in Muscle Builder around 1970. Bob should shake his sorry head but I guess his toupee might fall off! LOL. What does he know about bodybuilding history?

Ray Beck didn't write that article but I did. I put Ray's name there so I wouldn't sound like a big head. I wasn't paid for the article or the photos which cost me something."

Post 77 -

"Ray Beck didn't have much money to promote the contest properly and I think he lost money on the show. Heck, he had to pay the IFBB a big fee, in those days, just to stage the contest. Roz and I helped Ray with the contest and I was working for Ray at the time in one of his gyms. Would you believe he asked me to select the judges! That wasn't easy. I had to find guys who were independent, honest and who had integrity. I picked two guys I knew well."

Snippits taken from this thread -

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=313320.0 .

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #283 on: August 04, 2018, 11:59:16 AM »
I would be completely hyped, shout: "GO BASILE!" and throw paper blue stars on the stage!  ;D

Haha that would be epic !! The second basil entered the stage I’d loud and obnoxiously shout “ahh for Fucks sake, not this useless cunt” and quickly write the lowest score I could on the sheet before he even started his posing routine

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #284 on: August 04, 2018, 12:09:27 PM »
Haha that would be epic !! The second basil entered the stage I’d loud and obnoxiously shout “ahh for Fucks sake, not this useless cunt” and quickly write the lowest score I could on the sheet before he even started his posing routine

Would you oil Vince Basile down?
X

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #285 on: August 04, 2018, 01:37:19 PM »

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #286 on: August 04, 2018, 01:59:06 PM »

Only when it's a very flammable oil

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #287 on: August 04, 2018, 03:59:22 PM »

It negates the win.

Even still - it's easy to see he was the clear winner.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #288 on: August 05, 2018, 01:18:59 AM »

Is this the opposite of oiling him up? :D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #289 on: August 05, 2018, 01:20:54 AM »

Wow, that actually looks like my wedding band. You're good.

A minor flaw, when Arnold and Vince were young, so was I. Well, I was almost 3 years older than him, but still....

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #290 on: August 05, 2018, 03:46:14 AM »
Wow, that actually looks like my wedding band. You're good.

A minor flaw, when Arnold and Vince were young, so was I. Well, I was almost 3 years older than him, but still....

the picture was made by ironmeister  :)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #291 on: August 05, 2018, 03:59:57 AM »
Is this the opposite of oiling him up? :D

That's really a gay joke

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #292 on: August 05, 2018, 04:37:52 AM »
... and as shitty as McD's food is, they are doing away with their employees (the only thing they had to offer, jobs) 

Kwon3

« Reply #293 on: August 05, 2018, 09:33:18 AM »
... and as shitty as McD's food is, they are doing away with their employees (the only thing they had to offer, jobs) 
Not really. They need them to prepare the food; hell, even with the new phone app you still need someone from the kitchen to bring it to your car, I'm assuming.

The only cuts have been to order counter staff where instead of 6 girls taking orders now you have 1, max 2 for big locations, and the self-serve touch screen order screens instead. I like that system a lot more than waiting in line for both my order and pickup and there's rarely the same degree of mistakes as with the drivethru or order counter.

McDonald's is still one of those few places where kitchen staff don't wear gloves like at Subway or Jimmy Johns, which seems kind of outdated yet they don't allow beards or jewelry on their staff.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #294 on: August 05, 2018, 09:37:23 AM »
Not really. They need them to prepare the food; hell, even with the new phone app you still need someone from the kitchen to bring it to your car, I'm assuming.

The only cuts have been to order counter staff where instead of 6 girls taking orders now you have 1, max 2 for big locations, and the self-serve touch screen order screens instead. I like that system a lot more than waiting in line for both my order and pickup and there's rarely the same degree of mistakes as with the drivethru or order counter.

McDonald's is still one of those few places where kitchen staff don't wear gloves like at Subway or Jimmy Johns, which seems kind of outdated yet they don't allow beards or jewelry on their staff.

Those are jobs

Kwon3

« Reply #295 on: August 05, 2018, 09:39:58 AM »
Those are jobs
Technology has advanced past the point where we need 6 people to do what 1 can do with the help of machines. If they want to work cashier somewhere else, most retail stores are still hiring year-round; otherwise, they can always go back to some kind of learning environment and develop some kind of skill that involves more than taking orders. There's a lot of well-paid easy jobs that are available with as little as 2 years of community college, mostly technician or assistant roles that are perfect for women since they don't require mental or physical effort.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #296 on: August 05, 2018, 04:11:56 PM »
That's really a gay joke

I knew that. ;)  Someone's gotta have some fun around here. Getbig gets too serious at times....what with all the political and homophobic remarks/posturing. So, thanks for noticing me having some fun with words.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #297 on: August 06, 2018, 09:32:03 PM »
So I go into McDonald's for my twice weekly feeding. Like the last time, I'm switched over to the Artesian Grilled Chicken sandwich and fries. It was crowded and the manager was also doing cashier duties and everyone around her is seeking her attention. She takes my order while another employee is asking her some question. Anyway, she gives
me my receipt and order number and thanks me with all due patience and courtesy.

While waiting at the counter I notice my order only cost $1.77. She just had the fries on the order and completely left out the sandwich. I leaned over, and while she was still at the cashier, I told her my order was wrong and she left out the sandwich. After taking care of the customer she was with she took my receipt and started tapping on the register. I took out a couple of bucks (the one dollar special also applies to the near $5 chicken sandwich). She then told me, "No charge. It was my mistake," and graciously apologize again.

This is typical of McDonald's in my experience. Very consumer friendly. Like I said before, they may not have the best food but taken in totality: price, service, and convenience,  I really think it's still king of the fast food industry.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #298 on: August 08, 2018, 04:15:24 AM »
So I go into McDonald's for my twice weekly feeding. Like the last time, I'm switched over to the Artesian Grilled Chicken sandwich and fries. It was crowded and the manager was also doing cashier duties and everyone around her is seeking her attention. She takes my order while another employee is asking her some question. Anyway, she gives
me my receipt and order number and thanks me with all due patience and courtesy.

While waiting at the counter I notice my order only cost $1.77. She just had the fries on the order and completely left out the sandwich. I leaned over, and while she was still at the cashier, I told her my order was wrong and she left out the sandwich. After taking care of the customer she was with she took my receipt and started tapping on the register. I took out a couple of bucks (the one dollar special also applies to the near $5 chicken sandwich). She then told me, "No charge. It was my mistake," and graciously apologize again.

This is typical of McDonald's in my experience. Very consumer friendly. Like I said before, they may not have the best food but taken in totality: price, service, and convenience,  I really think it's still king of the fast food industry.

Props to you for your honesty, Pellius.

Well done.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #299 on: August 08, 2018, 12:57:43 PM »
Why would I eat food products that make me ill. No thanks. In a pinch i'll stick to a sandwich shop or Chick-fil-A.
T