Author Topic: McDonald's is pure garbage.  (Read 68696 times)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: McDonald's is pure garbage.
« Reply #300 on: August 09, 2018, 04:55:23 AM »
I know nobody is going to believe me , but this thread made go get a BigMac,  ....just to make sure they're not as BIG as they used to be back in the days

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #301 on: August 09, 2018, 05:35:26 AM »
I pretty much cut out ALL fast food.

If I want a junk food fix, I just eat ice cream.
X

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #302 on: August 09, 2018, 12:27:34 PM »
I pretty much cut out ALL fast food.

If I want a junk food fix, I just eat ice cream.

Good ice cream is not junk food. Check the ingredients on the Häagen-Daz and McConnell's labels; Milk, egg yokes, cream, sugar plus flavoring. My preference is coffee ice cream which has coffee and McConnell's adds crushed espresso beans. Basically good ice-cream is churned, frozen custard; made the same as homemade. Peach ice cream is delicious when made with fresh peaches.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #303 on: August 09, 2018, 08:08:42 PM »
Good ice cream is not junk food. Check the ingredients on the Häagen-Daz and McConnell's labels; Milk, egg yokes, cream, sugar plus flavoring. My preference is coffee ice cream which has coffee and McConnell's adds crushed espresso beans. Basically good ice-cream is churned, frozen custard; made the same as homemade. Peach ice cream is delicious when made with fresh peaches.

I suppose you could apply that to cake as well

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #304 on: August 10, 2018, 12:12:01 AM »

I do.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #305 on: August 10, 2018, 12:43:56 AM »

Maybe, but I'm not seeing cake a being anywhere near as nutritious as ice cream. I guess if you left off the frosting, carrot cake might come close.

When I stay in Germany, I notice that their cakes are a whole lot less sugary tasting. Instead of heavy frosting between the layers it is often whipped cream and fruit. They also eat confections, like cakes at afternoon coffee gatherings instead of after heavy meals. Germans start the day with a lot of protein from cheeses and meats plus fruit and coffee.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #306 on: August 10, 2018, 12:49:18 AM »
Fast food is for people who either don't have "feeding" options or don't have money. Or both.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: August 10, 2018, 12:59:00 AM »
Fast food is for people who either don't have "feeding" options or don't have money. Or both.

-Could be true. I bought stuff for dinner last night at a local high-end supermarket. Granted it was already prepared, but the in store made green chili and pork stew costs me nearly $10 for one pint. McConnell's Turkish coffee ice cream was another $9. I also bought a bottle of 'cheap' white wine which was $12.00. Granted there's still a small size serving of stew left and most of the bottle of wine, but dinner at McDonald's would have been a great deal less costly.

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #308 on: August 10, 2018, 02:25:06 PM »
-Could be true. I bought stuff for dinner last night at a local high-end supermarket. Granted it was already prepared, but the in store made green chili and pork stew costs me nearly $10 for one pint. McConnell's Turkish coffee ice cream was another $9. I also bought a bottle of 'cheap' white wine which was $12.00. Granted there's still a small size serving of stew left and most of the bottle of wine, but dinner at McDonald's would have been a great deal less costly.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: August 11, 2018, 01:33:34 AM »

When you consider 100 or millions of people eat fast food every day you don't even consider the possibility that maybe they just like it. I have other options, and it's cheaper to buy and make your own meals, but I just love fast food.

And as far as don't have money. This has already been addressed earlier in this thread.
Try to keep up.

[/quote]

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: August 11, 2018, 01:40:30 AM »

Is there a hidden meaning in your decision to bold 'white wine'? I thought I was clear about continuing to have an occasional glass of wine. The problem I had was with drinking too much scotch too often. 

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #311 on: August 11, 2018, 02:30:27 AM »
When you consider 100 or millions of people eat fast food every day you don't even consider the possibility that maybe they just like it. I have other options, and it's cheaper to buy and make your own meals, but I just love fast food.

And as far as don't have money. This has already been addressed earlier in this thread.
Try to keep up.

By options, I meant that you don't have the culture, knowledge, call it what you want, to go for quality. Taste is not something money can buy. Fast food is garbage.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #312 on: August 11, 2018, 10:36:59 PM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #313 on: August 11, 2018, 11:07:56 PM »
Opt instead for Colonel Sanders chicken strips or chicken tenders. Inside the copious breading which is fried in oil is nothing but 2 oz of boneless chicken breast meat which is not  processed, unlike what is found in McNuggets.   

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #314 on: August 13, 2018, 01:26:56 PM »
Is there a hidden meaning in your decision to bold 'white wine'? I thought I was clear about continuing to have an occasional glass of wine. The problem I had was with drinking too much scotch too often. 

No pun intended brother and you dont need to account to anyone, especially me. Godspeed!

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #315 on: August 13, 2018, 03:13:43 PM »

"Too much Scotch" is wide-opened to interpretation.

If talking about Lagavulin or Laphroaig, there is no such thing as "too much."
Of course, that's just my opinion... I "could" be wrong.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #316 on: August 13, 2018, 05:33:48 PM »

"Digital microscope?"

Hahahaha, what?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #317 on: August 13, 2018, 08:07:54 PM »

"Too much Scotch" is wide-opened to interpretation.

If talking about Lagavulin or Laphroaig, there is no such thing as "too much."
Of course, that's just my opinion... I "could" be wrong.

Can you have too much Oban 14?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #318 on: August 13, 2018, 10:47:12 PM »
By options, I meant that you don't have the culture, knowledge, call it what you want, to go for quality. Taste is not something money can buy. Fast food is garbage.

Easily the most moronic statement made on this thread. Because someone eats fast food  they don't have culture or taste. You turn your nose up on these people because you think you are better, more cultured, than you are. I'd sure like to see what kind of life style you live.

It never even dawns on you that sometimes people do things because they like to.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #319 on: August 14, 2018, 12:29:56 AM »
Easily the most moronic statement made on this thread. Because someone eats fast food  they don't have culture or taste. You turn your nose up on these people because you think you are better, more cultured, than you are. I'd sure like to see what kind of life style you live.

It never even dawns on you that sometimes people do things because they like to.

Woah, Jay Leno, that stinking' Mariah Carey, the slut Paris Hilton, a basketball player, etc...
The epitome of good taste and culture, sure.
Yes, I do think that when it comes to wine and food, I'm pretty much well educated as I educated myself and, in fact, my lifestyle is probably out of you realm of understanding.
The whole fast food industry is despicable, the externalities are dreadful and it makes is built on poor taste and the consumer's stupidity.
The fact that people "just like" it doesn't give it value.
One might "like" fucking 13yo girls, it still is despicable.....Oh, wait a minute!

BSN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #320 on: August 14, 2018, 12:46:42 AM »

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #321 on: August 14, 2018, 01:11:14 AM »
Woah, Jay Leno, that stinking' Mariah Carey, the slut Paris Hilton, a basketball player, etc...
Yes, I do think that when it comes to wine and food, I'm pretty much well educated as I educated myself and, in fact, my lifestyle is probably out of you realm of understanding.
The whole fast food industry is despicable, the externalities are dreadful and it makes is built on poor taste and the consumer's stupidity.

Oh brother. Can anyone be so full of themselves? Thinking you're even remotely part of the cultural elite. So well educated that is "out of you realm of understanding" as you sit here on GetBig.

To think your lifestyle is anywhere near that of Lebron James, Mike Pence, Jay Leno (who is in a car that is probably worth more than your house), Paris Hilton... They run in a circle, been to places, met people all over the world, and have a lifestyle, you, as you post here on GetBig, can never even imagine.  

Jeeze, brah, you act like your shit don't stink and are superior to us plebs. You are such a conceited clown with an exaggerated sense of self-importance.

Here's what some world-renowned chefs have to say about fastfood

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-a-chef-loves-mcdonalds-2015-4
"I am a trained chef and a self-confessed food snob," Waychal writes. "Despite my education in one of the finest cooking schools in Paris and training in classical Michelin starred restaurants, I couldn't be happier chowing down a Big Mac meal with large fries."

https://www.mashed.com/119889/famous-chefs-dish-favorite-fast-food/

"People think Americans are obese and burgers are bad for them — they are delicious. In-N-Out burgers were extraordinary. I was so bad, I sat in the restaurant, had my double cheeseburger then minutes later I drove back round and got the same thing again to take away," he said. "I wish that they were set up in London because if there's one thing I miss flying out of LA, it's an In and Out Burger."

-- Gordon Ramsey

He told Esquire that his favorite fast food indulgence is none other than KFC. "I love that crunchy fried crust. It's like the crumb on top of crumb cake; the chicken is an afterthought, really," he said.

-- Michael Psilakis, Iron Chef America

Talking to Eater, Anthony Bourdain waxed poetic about In-N-Out Burger, saying it was his favorite restaurant in Los Angeles, and praised the bun, good quality meat, non-limp fresh greens, and the perfect "cheese-like substance" of this "brilliant" burger.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #322 on: August 14, 2018, 01:18:52 AM »
The fact that people "just like" it doesn't give it value.
One might "like" fucking 13yo girls, it still is despicable.....Oh, wait a minute!

BTW, the statement "The fact that people "just like" it doesn't give it value." is just
about the stupidest statement ever said on this board. What people like, what they want, what drives demand, is the most important thing that gives something its value.
It's the difference between the cost and the price of any good or service.

You sound like an effeminate, demasculinized, cuck. Let me guess, you voted for Hillary.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #323 on: August 14, 2018, 01:24:39 AM »
Oh brother. Can anyone be so full of themselves? Thinking you're even remotely part of the cultural elite. So well educated that is "out of you realm of understanding" as you sit here on GetBig.

To think your lifestyle is anywhere near that of Lebron James, Mike Pence, Jay Leno (who is in a car that is probably worth more than your house), Paris Hilton... They run in a circle, been to places, met people all over the world, and have a lifestyle, you, as you post here on GetBig, can never even imagine.  

Jeeze, brah, you act like your shit don't stink and are superior to us plebs. You are such a conceited clown with an exaggerated sense of self-importance.

Here's what some world-renowned chefs have to say about fastfood

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-a-chef-loves-mcdonalds-2015-4
"I am a trained chef and a self-confessed food snob," Waychal writes. "Despite my education in one of the finest cooking schools in Paris and training in classical Michelin starred restaurants, I couldn't be happier chowing down a Big Mac meal with large fries."

https://www.mashed.com/119889/famous-chefs-dish-favorite-fast-food/

"People think Americans are obese and burgers are bad for them — they are delicious. In-N-Out burgers were extraordinary. I was so bad, I sat in the restaurant, had my double cheeseburger then minutes later I drove back round and got the same thing again to take away," he said. "I wish that they were set up in London because if there's one thing I miss flying out of LA, it's an In and Out Burger."

-- Gordon Ramsey

He told Esquire that his favorite fast food indulgence is none other than KFC. "I love that crunchy fried crust. It's like the crumb on top of crumb cake; the chicken is an afterthought, really," he said.

-- Michael Psilakis, Iron Chef America

Talking to Eater, Anthony Bourdain waxed poetic about In-N-Out Burger, saying it was his favorite restaurant in Los Angeles, and praised the bun, good quality meat, non-limp fresh greens, and the perfect "cheese-like substance" of this "brilliant" burger.

"3. Taste. McDonald's core menu items of cold soda, hot burgers, and salty fries "cleverly cater to the basic stimulants of salt, fat, and sugar," Waychal writes. "Once you start eating it, you become addicted to the heady combination."

The article you posted. All you need to know. It's a drug. It triggers a physical reaction.
I'm not saying that there's no quality burgers out there, we have a brand here that makes perfectly good burgers; nothing magical about it.
Just that McDonalds and those chains are rubbish.
And don't worry, I don't vote in the US as I live in a place where's there's plenty of good restaurants.
There are things money can't buy; if you're social status makes you feel inferior, that's your problem, you sound like the pussy here. Well, maybe if I had your social status, I wouldn't feel good either.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #324 on: August 14, 2018, 01:47:27 AM »
"3. Taste. McDonald's core menu items of cold soda, hot burgers, and salty fries "cleverly cater to the basic stimulants of salt, fat, and sugar," Waychal writes. "Once you start eating it, you become addicted to the heady combination."

The article you posted. All you need to know. It's a drug. It triggers a physical reaction.
I'm not saying that there's no quality burgers out there, we have a brand here that makes perfectly good burgers; nothing magical about it.
Just that McDonalds and those chains are rubbish.
And don't worry, I don't vote in the US as I live in a place where's there's plenty of good restaurants.
There are things money can't buy; if you're social status makes you feel inferior, that's your problem, you sound like the pussy here. Well, maybe if I had your social status, I wouldn't feel good either.

So desperate to mask your insecurities. So now it's not about taste but it's a drug. A Big Mac is now a drug.

There is nothing about me to even remotely suggest that I feel inferior because of my social status. My history on this board shows unequivocally that I feel vastly blessed and grateful for the life that I have here in Hawaii. It is you that is trying to impress us with your superior status, taste, and culture.

Why don't you tell us where you live? What culture do you come from that bred such class and distinction? That has plenty of good restaurants. You think the U.S. has a dearth of such highfalutin eateries -- lol. If your country is so great why are you here? Isn't there a bbing board you can troll there and be more with your kind instead of us ugly, uncouth Americans.