Author Topic: On Berserker's behavior... Please Vote  (Read 3530 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
On Berserker's behavior... Please Vote
« on: February 09, 2007, 12:15:51 PM »
Berserker I agree that Bruce opened the door for this with his 240 post (even though all he did was quote 240, which caused 240 to start whining again), but he does have a point about you doing this as mod.  Not trying to stir the pot.  Just making an observation.
Ask yourself this question, guys, is this really behaviour you would deem appropriate from a Moderator of this board?  Is posting inaccurate personal attacks part of his role here?
Wow, just spitting bile, aren't you?  Not much 'moderate' in this Moderator, unfortunately.
...Yes, you lauded Reagan - congratulations.  You accuse conservatives of showing anger, directly after you spit bile in a post.  Again, moderate your views, 'Moderator'.
Beach, Bruce, others, you all don't think as mod I can call someone out on what looks like a political contradiction?  This is pretty contrary to some of the reasons we pushed so hard for this political forum. I'd rather participate in political.  Ever since I got mod, you guys have been holding it over my head saying what I can and can't do.  I thought that I had been doing a good job of modding and not letting my modding abilities interfere with how I would participate in the forum I most love... You really think this is inappropriate?  I'm sick of everything I do being held over my head here which is why I haven't been posting much lately... Just about every other post I was making seemed inapropriate to Bruce or someone else.  So let's find out, am I hindering this forum that I worked so hard, along with a few others, to get going?

Ok guys, let's have a vote on Berserker's Behaviour...

• No: Berserker is doing a good job at being fair and being who he is posting in political.
  • Yes: Berserker is a big meanie and his behaviour is inappropriate for a mod.  He either needs to cool it or hang up the gavel.

sandycoosworth

Re: On Berserker's behavior... Please Vote
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 12:18:09 PM »
this is a pointless thread

as long as you dont delete or modify peoples posts for political reasons everyone else here can kiss your hairy bean bag

(ps at my request = not a political reason ;D)

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 12:26:19 PM »
Your doing a fine job.

Your ass can't take the heat sometimes and a nice little meltdown ensues, but enraged melting is part of the fun.

Now I should smoke a Montecristo in your honor now that you will be the heir to Venezuela.

http://www.cigarsofcuba.com/
Z

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 12:27:03 PM »
I agree this is a pointless thread, but just to clarify, here is what I said in the same thread:

Re: Bruce has an identity crisis
«Quote from:  Beach Bum on Today at 11:39:06 AM »
Yes, although I question whether any mod (Ozmo, Berserker, etc.) should start threads like this.  I think the answer is probably "no," but different strokes.  And BTW, I don't have any major problems with the way any of the mods on this board (including Berserker) have run things.  I think starting the political board was a fabulous idea and it's probably the most entertaining board on this site IMO.  Besides, I always know that no matter how difficult my day, I can always come here and slap 240 around a little.  

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 12:28:26 PM »
The only reason anyone objected to you starting that thread was to deflect attention away from the main point of the thread.

If they attack the messenger then the message gets lost.

As someone else says, if you start deleting valid posts and threads then people can question your actions.

This is just a smoke screen.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 12:33:50 PM »
I agree this is a pointless thread, but just to clarify, here is what I said in the same thread:

Yes but understand this isn't pointless to me... I've backed off of this forum some because of this.  So I need to know, can I post as myself and mod... you may have said that but you also determined what was appropriate and inapropriate with the post I noted.  as others have done... I'm much more interested in participating in a forum that isn't bound to hold my persona over my head.  Dude, it really sucks to want to have a little political fight with someone, call them out, and have them pull the, "not fair, you're a mod" card... :-\  I hope you can see where I'm coming from on this.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 12:37:39 PM »
The only reason anyone objected to you starting that thread was to deflect attention away from the main point of the thread.

If they attack the messenger then the message gets lost.

As someone else says, if you start deleting valid posts and threads then people can question your actions.

This is just a smoke screen.
That is what I had a hunch it was.  So I ask myself, how can I determine to deal with something that happens frequently enough to hinder my participation in the forum... the only I thing could think of was to get everyone to chime in...  Then when it happens again, there is a reference point to how everyone feels about it which will either nullify or jusity the issue.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 12:43:09 PM »
Yes but understand this isn't pointless to me... I've backed off of this forum some because of this.  So I need to know, can I post as myself and mod... you may have said that but you also determined what was appropriate and inapropriate with the post I noted.  as others have done... I'm much more interested in participating in a forum that isn't bound to hold my persona over my head.  Dude, it really sucks to want to have a little political fight with someone, call them out, and have them pull the, "not fair, you're a mod" card... :-\  I hope you can see where I'm coming from on this.

I see where you're coming from, but I think this is overkill.  I think you should be able to say whatever the heck you want.  Nobody is paying to post here.  If someone doesn't like it, they can leave.  BUT . . . all I've done (along with Bruce) is express my opinion too.  You can either agree or disagree.  If you don't have a problem with creating threads like the "Bruce" thread, then continue to do so.  I think that's a step too far, but so what?  You don't have to agree with me.  That's what this forum is all about:  debate, discussion, the occasional insult. . . .  Am I going to change my opinion because a majority of people think what you did was appropriate?  No.  But big deal.

Like I said, all the mods, including you, have done a good job.  This is my favorite spot on site.  I like it even more now that you and I have smoked the peace pipe.   :)    

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 02:44:46 PM »
No: Berserker is doing a good job at being fair and being who he is posting in political.

Berserker,
I think you're doing a fabulous job. I think your posts, as well as your debate syle have infact improved since you became mod. I've seen fewer meltdowns from you, and from my perspective you've served up far more diplomacy than some of your detractors deserve. I give you two thumbs up.       :)

edit: <mini-meltdown> You Bastard! You deleted my off-topic unrelated post!  >:( </mini-meltdown>  :D
w

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 04:55:04 AM »
You start a few personal attacking threads every now and then (bit of a hothead eh? 8)), but that has nothing to do with you moderating.

The moderating biz seems to be going alright.

You don't mix the two, and haven't seen any abuse of powers.

Keep it up.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 07:43:57 AM »
You start a few personal attacking threads every now and then (bit of a hothead eh? 8)), but that has nothing to do with you moderating.

The moderating biz seems to be going alright.

You don't mix the two, and haven't seen any abuse of powers.

Keep it up.

-Hedge
Thanks 8)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2007, 07:46:49 AM »
Yes, I have this board on lockdown from behind my Berserker account.

sandycoosworth

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 07:49:34 AM »
you should unlock the stickied rules thread ... the rules should be discussed democratically and not dictated

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 07:52:28 AM »
What Jimmy said is absolutely true, but there's nothing wrong with having a Berserker appreciation thread.  

You're doing just fine, you're a fab mod, and you certainly have no reason to censor yourself from posting as "private citizen Berzerker" in addtion to acting as mod.  If you can't post as you wish, what's the point of being a mod in the first place? Plus, as one of the only true minority representatives on this board, I totally approve of your choice of nekkid women you occasionally illustrate your threads with.  :)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007, 07:54:17 AM »
Berserker almost killed himself trying to get moderator here. He might go through with it if he were to lose it.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2007, 08:05:42 AM »
you should unlock the stickied rules thread ... the rules should be discussed democratically and not dictated

What makes you think the rules have not been discussed democratically amongs the moderators?
w

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2007, 08:09:18 AM »
Berserker is a good mod.  He is human though so getting mad is acceptable, just like any other mod or poster on Getbig.
Squishy face retard

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2007, 08:41:29 AM »
No: Berserker is doing a good job at being fair and being who he is posting in political.

sandycoosworth

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2007, 08:45:59 AM »
What makes you think the rules have not been discussed democratically amongs the moderators?

that would be an oligarchy not a democracy... dipshit

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2007, 09:01:34 AM »
no, then there would be to many rules.  The desire is to keep the forum free from overmodding and everyone seems to think it works great. I will continue to insist on a minimalist approach to modding for the purpose of promoting free thinking in this forum.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2007, 09:06:22 AM »
1) berserker is a great mod.

2) change nothing about this place.

3) EVERYONE READY TO BOMB IRAN?  HOOOOOOOOOOT!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2007, 09:07:11 AM »
You are doing great Berserker.

BTW, one thing that hasn't been mentioned about modding.  Racial comments will need to be kept at a minimum and attacking someone with racial slurs will not be tolerated.  Other than that, let's roll.....

Who's ready to lob the first bomb at iran?  j/k

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2007, 09:10:14 AM »
that would be an oligarchy not a democracy... dipshit

{blush}  :-[  ...well, I have been called worse.  :D
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2007, 09:11:25 AM »
You are doing great Berserker.

BTW, one thing that hasn't been mentioned about modding.  Racial comments will need to be kept at a minimum and attacking someone with racial slurs will not be tolerated.  Other than that, let's roll.....

Who's ready to lob the first bomb at iran?  j/k

Can you include sexism and misogyny as well?
w

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2007, 09:12:12 AM »

3) EVERYONE READY TO BOMB IRAN?  HOOOOOOOOOOT!

"It's in our country's interests to find those who would do harm to us and get them out of harm's way."—April 28, 2005