Author Topic: WHAT VITAMINS DO YOU TAKE OR NEED?  (Read 8588 times)

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
Re: WHAT VITAMINS DO YOU TAKE OR NEED?
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2006, 12:30:51 PM »
please produce these studies

real reseach show that if everyone took an MV, it could save the health care industry nearly 11 billion $ a year

I swear by them!!! I will never not take one for as long as I live.

I stopped for about a year. Didn't feel I had to take one. I took them for years before, but didn't realize how good they were working until I stopped taking them.

Anyway, when I started taking centrum again - wow - what a difference- is all I can say. I'm just glad I started up again. I don't know what I was thinking when I stopped taking them.
X

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2006, 07:48:22 PM »
I swear by them!!! I will never not take one for as long as I live.

I stopped for about a year. Didn't feel I had to take one. I took them for years before, but didn't realize how good they were working until I stopped taking them.

Anyway, when I started taking centrum again - wow - what a difference- is all I can say. I'm just glad I started up again. I don't know what I was thinking when I stopped taking them.

cool, but I think you could do better than centrum

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2006, 03:50:51 AM »
I take a multi daily. Having a good food plan is great and it would be even better if we could get all of the nutrients out of the food we eat but there is no way that we can. The crap that they spray on food, the crap that they feed the animals, the crap that is in the soil, rain and crap that the animals crap out to fertilize the soil is all laced with toxins. We are lucky if we get ANY nutrients from food these days, even if it is organic. And I haven't even touched the gene splicing that they do with foods.

Take your vitamins people!!!!

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2006, 12:09:45 PM »
I take a multi daily. Having a good food plan is great and it would be even better if we could get all of the nutrients out of the food we eat but there is no way that we can. The crap that they spray on food, the crap that they feed the animals, the crap that is in the soil, rain and crap that the animals crap out to fertilize the soil is all laced with toxins. We are lucky if we get ANY nutrients from food these days, even if it is organic. And I haven't even touched the gene splicing that they do with foods.

Take your vitamins people!!!!

There is nothing natural about a multivitamin

Arnold Palmer

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • LET ME OUT OF TIME OUT NEED ADVICE GETTING GYNO!!!
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2006, 01:55:55 PM »
Flinstones taste good too, I put them in my PEZ dispencer and eat them all day long.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2006, 09:22:42 AM »
Flinstones taste good too, I put them in my PEZ dispencer and eat them all day long.

If true, that's quite insane and potentially dangerous.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2006, 09:39:55 AM »
See "Multiple vitamin overdose" at: http://www.pennhealth.com/ency/article/002596.htm

“Vitamin A Toxicity/Vitamin A overdose"

http://www.vitamin-supplement-reference.com/vitamin-A.html

“Vitamin D overdose - Vitamin D Toxicity"

http://www.vitamin-supplement-reference.com/Vitamin-D.html

CAPTAIN MARVEL

• Getbig II
  • The World's Mightiest Mortal
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2006, 11:05:25 AM »
Centrum's suck. Just take GNC's Megamen, it's like $15 a month. Also bodybuilders should avoid Co-Q 10 as it turns from an anti-oxidant to a pro-oxidant during hypoxia (which bodybuilders experience quite frequently). If you want something with Co-Q 10 benefits take idenbenone.
SHAZAM!

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2006, 07:32:45 PM »
See "Multiple vitamin overdose" at: http://www.pennhealth.com/ency/article/002596.htm

“Vitamin A Toxicity/Vitamin A overdose"

http://www.vitamin-supplement-reference.com/vitamin-A.html

“Vitamin D overdose - Vitamin D Toxicity"

http://www.vitamin-supplement-reference.com/Vitamin-D.html

of course they can, they're fate soluble

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2006, 10:47:30 AM »
$70 for vitamins is insane.  Get yourself a good all around multi vitamin and take two a day.  concentrate on other supplements more like protein, glutamine etc:

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2006, 12:48:59 AM »
hahh me either.  Multi-Vitamin = junk

I agree.

A,D,E and K will store within the body if your daily intake is bigger than what you need.

The other vitamins are water soluble , so they won't build up in the body if over dosing for a longer period of time. Still very unnecessary to put stress on the body.

If you have to eat a multi, go with as low dosed as possible.

But it would be much better to go over the daily diet instead.

Some of us should instead get blood tests on our iron levels, just to make sure they're ok. If they're a bit low, I suggest trying to include a bit of red meat once or twice a week. Even when on a diet.

Not adding an iron pill.

The best hepathlete in the world, Carolina Klüft of Sweden, doesn't supplement with anything. No vitamins, no protein powders, nothing like that. Allround good nutrition is what works best.

She gets tested for steroids at least 5-6 times each year.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Insane Pete

• Getbig I
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2006, 08:35:18 AM »
From the hours I've spent reading on this, the best 2 Multi-Vitamin's you can buy are:

1. Animal Pak by Universal
2. GNC's MegaMen (or the sports version)

At a glance Animal Pak is supremely expensive (see here http://www.animalpak.com/store/html/product.cfm?id=14).  BUT, if you check here you'll be suprised: http://www.massnutrition.com/products.cfm?cur_man=UNIVERSAL%20NUTRITION&item=UN011&tck=17

Animal Pak requires 11 (very large!) pills *per serving*, and for many gives a noticable boost.

The latter is what I'm taking now and seems to be working well until I have the money for a Pak.

Pete

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2006, 11:06:56 AM »
I've taken a "run of the mill" multi like centrum or life (same maker anyway) my whole life. I never took GNC or anything like that because I've always been happy with my reg. vitamins. And aren't some of those Mega vits. over doing it a little? I mean like too much of a good thing? Not sure, so I didn't bother fixing something that "wasn't broke."
X

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2006, 11:41:07 AM »

The best hepathlete in the world, Carolina Klüft of Sweden, doesn't supplement with anything. No vitamins, no protein powders, nothing like that. All around good nutrition is what works best.

YIP
Zack

That would be ideal and a hundred years ago that may have been the case.  However, our soils have been so depleted of nutrients that what grows in it is not what it used to be.  A carrot from my grandparents era does not have the same nutritional value as todays. 

As regular exercisers, we're putting stresses on our bodies (albiet GOOD stresses) which require more than the avg. Joe Schmoe nutritionally.  It's impossible to get EVERYTHING we need just from food.  I've read about experiements where nutrition students tried to get 100% RDA just from food, based on a 2000kcal/day diet.  They found it impossible.  No, it wasn't "scientific", but very interesting.  Our foods are so chemically engineered and over-pesticided that even if we eat clean, we need more. At least here in the States. 

:

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2006, 06:20:27 PM »
Animal pak ;D ;D

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2006, 07:51:48 PM »
what i do is go to walmart or sams club...Buy the cheapest multi's available...Then what i do when i get home is dump all the multi's in the trash and replace the vitamins in the trash with anadrol 50's..There you go vitamins that work..

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2006, 12:45:28 AM »
what i do is go to walmart or sams club...Buy the cheapest multi's available...Then what i do when i get home is dump all the multi's in the trash and replace the vitamins in the trash with anadrol 50's..There you go vitamins that work..

Hi Ronnie.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2006, 01:24:32 AM »

bigjay80

• Getbig II
  • Street Muscle
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2006, 09:41:57 AM »
I just started taking MHP's Activite, they are working with Triarco (Aminogen) and are using all of their enzyme blends, they help you utilize nutrients from food as well.  Great multi, not a bad price for a month supply, you can get it for as cheap as $23.00.

ReEvolution

• Getbig III
  • goodbye ronnie
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2006, 11:43:25 PM »
somewhat large doses of vitamin C do wonders for me.

vitamins are so cheap it's stupid not to take them. 
eat healthy foods..blah...blah
you'd need a huge variety to cover all the bases.
two thumbs WAY up!!!

pvcjockey

• Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2006, 06:10:05 PM »
universal nutritions animal pak is the greatest vitamin pack out there. they are only $23 for 44 paks.

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2006, 06:49:43 PM »
universal nutritions animal pak is the greatest vitamin pack out there. they are only $23 for 44 paks.

heh heh, you believe that.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2006, 06:56:46 PM »
you'd be better off buying a few steaks.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2006, 04:11:23 AM »
I take 1 strong multi, 1000-2000 mg's C and fish oil every morning and night, works great and cost way less than 70 bucks!
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2006, 06:31:26 AM »
you'd be better off buying a few steaks.

Agree, animal pak are way overpriced overdosed multi vitamins. no need for that.