Author Topic: Kali Muscle-275 Barbell Curl  (Read 40141 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: Kali Muscle-275 Barbell Curl
« Reply #175 on: December 20, 2013, 08:48:58 AM »
BDB can do more than 300 on a bad day.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #176 on: December 20, 2013, 08:52:31 AM »
Well it certainly is not something you see everyday but there are guys out there who can do this

My barbell curls have always been pathetic, something like 95-115lbs for a few sets of 8-10.

How would you recommend I get this stronger?  I'd love to be able to curl 135 for reps (like a boss) but I've been stuck at this weight for a while.

Doing low reps on curls never seemed "right" but maybe that's the secret?  Any advice you could offer?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #177 on: December 20, 2013, 09:10:46 AM »
My barbell curls have always been pathetic, something like 95-115lbs for a few sets of 8-10.

How would you recommend I get this stronger?  I'd love to be able to curl 135 for reps (like a boss) but I've been stuck at this weight for a while.

Doing low reps on curls never seemed "right" but maybe that's the secret?  Any advice you could offer?
this is going to sound real strange, but I did this a few years back and my curls went through the roof. Grab your max weight for 8 reps and do 1 set before every single workout, so almost daily. I find tendons are what makes you curl a lot so daily tension on your tendons will work for curling more. Still go about your regular workout but just do that set before you get started and you will be stronger in no time

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #178 on: December 20, 2013, 09:26:24 AM »
Listen to them when they hit the ground.  They sound hollow and don't sound right when they move on the bar.

He is good friends with Rich who also uses fake ones in videos..hmm.  ;)

Oh and this bench is real and there is a Santa Claus.

modest and honest fella right there

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: December 20, 2013, 09:32:46 AM »
this is going to sound real strange, but I did this a few years back and my curls went through the roof. Grab your max weight for 8 reps and do 1 set before every single workout, so almost daily. I find tendons are what makes you curl a lot so daily tension on your tendons will work for curling more. Still go about your regular workout but just do that set before you get started and you will be stronger in no time

Makes sense.... I'll start doing that.  Thanks for the tip!

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #180 on: December 20, 2013, 11:25:26 AM »
youre welcome

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #181 on: December 20, 2013, 01:35:36 PM »
 I never saw ronnie curling 300 easily for reps and sets

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #182 on: December 20, 2013, 01:37:45 PM »
IMO arm training. With moderate weight works best anything under 8 reps especially for curls is a waste of time ... And I've done it all heavy ...and light....
choice is an illusion

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #183 on: December 20, 2013, 01:59:37 PM »
I used to do something like that years ago! I also used to do it with preacher curls! My arms were always my best body part, was always obsessed with them!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: December 20, 2013, 02:20:36 PM »
How about about I dont give a piss on what you can curl?

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: December 20, 2013, 02:21:46 PM »

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: December 20, 2013, 02:32:04 PM »
IMO arm training. With moderate weight works best anything under 8 reps especially for curls is a waste of time ... And I've done it all heavy ...and light....

For arm development, definitely.  No need to go heavy.

But I just want my curl to go up strictly for ego purposes

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #187 on: December 20, 2013, 04:20:03 PM »
paul brothers doing 200 in each arm was crazy   but at least their weights looked real

and they looked like they were dying to get the reps

;)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: December 20, 2013, 04:25:01 PM »
paul brothers doing 200 in each arm was crazy   but at least their weights looked real

and they looked like they were dying to get the reps

;)They had no legs.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #189 on: December 20, 2013, 04:26:14 PM »

For arm development, definitely.  No need to go heavy.

But I just want my curl to go up strictly for ego purposes

Ego is the catalyst for injury
I'm quite strong when it comes to arm training but like I said heavy under 8 reps does nada

choice is an illusion

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #190 on: December 20, 2013, 04:28:04 PM »

or.... get a job in a gym where you have to re-rack the weights everyday/night. lol.. after a while you realize... fuck, I just 1 arm deadlifted and hammer-curled a 160 while talking on the phone.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #191 on: December 20, 2013, 04:31:29 PM »
Ego is the catalyst for injury
I'm quite strong when it comes to arm training but like I said heavy under 8 reps does nada

Well said.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #192 on: December 20, 2013, 04:34:42 PM »
or.... get a job in a gym, where you have to re-rack the weights everyday/night. lol.. after a while, you realize... fuck, I just 1 arm deadlifted and hammer-curled a 160 while talking on the phone.

^

:D ;D

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: December 20, 2013, 04:41:02 PM »

or.... get a job in a gym where you have to re-rack the weights everyday/night. lol.. after a while you realize... fuck, I just 1 arm deadlifted and hammer-curled a 160 while talking on the phone.

yeah I'm always impressed with how the trainers rack weights. Even the littler guys walk and handle them well.
A

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: December 20, 2013, 05:46:25 PM »
bro come on, keep it real here, you can not compare that to a video we already know is fake (andy). The verdict is definitely not in yet. I do not know for certain but a lot of guys here who been around say they sound real, they sound real to me and they sound real to Hazbin. And some feel they are fake as well.

I have a home gym and reviewed the video carefully, I put 275 on the bar and moved it around and i am sorry i noticed absolutely not difference in sound.

Who knows, you might be right, I believe they are real though and know how strong this guy is. I can curl 225 for reps with the same form and this guy is way stronger then me.

Kali is so far from being a credible guy I simply do not believe anything he says and does.  Even Rich P admits to using  peds and training with lighter weights.

He is funny at times but looses me as soon as he starts with the bs. Oh and he needs to check his bp!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #195 on: December 20, 2013, 05:57:09 PM »
Kali is so far from being a credible guy I simply do not believe anything he says and does.  Even Rich P admits to using  peds and training with lighter weights.

He is funny at times but looses me as soon as he starts with the bs. Oh and he need to check his bp! 

Rich P is not in nationally run commercial by Old Navy, Gieco, etc.
Of course you and I know that Kali takes drugs.
Just like when Phil Heath does mainstream interviews he glossed over the drugs. At the end of the day, it's about giving a clean cut perception...because business and society cannot or will not handle the truth very well.
Rich P can talk about roids---but does he talk about the PMMA or the apparently salvaged titled cars? No, he doesn't.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: December 20, 2013, 06:08:02 PM »
Rich P is not in nationally run commercial by Old Navy, Gieco, etc.
Of course you and I know that Kali takes drugs.
Just like when Phil Heath does mainstream interviews he glossed over the drugs. At the end of the day, it's about giving a clean cut perception...because business and society cannot or will not handle the truth very well.
Rich P can talk about roids---but does he talk about the PMMA or the apparently salvaged titled cars? No, he doesn't.

I was simply throwing that video in the same category as his 275lb curling.  I agree with most of what you are saying, however, I would add that ped use has never been in the news more than it is now. There is a cloud of suspicion looming over professional sports that doesn't appear to be clearing anytime soon and the public is being force fed one story after another.

Many see muscle and immediately assume steroids (and more often then not they are correct).

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #197 on: December 20, 2013, 06:56:11 PM »
kali and rich seem to have trouble just breathing

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #198 on: December 20, 2013, 07:39:05 PM »
yeah I'm always impressed with how the trainers rack weights. Even the littler guys walk and handle them well.

I remember when I had to kinda psych myself up for a 495 deadlift.. now i'll just pick it up and walk it over to the rack without thinking (at 1145pm after being at work for 11hrs no less.) because I don't want to bend over and pull plates off when it's on the floor. lol.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: December 20, 2013, 07:47:14 PM »
kali and rich seem to have trouble just breathing

I noticed that too.