Author Topic: Reasons Why Low Carb Is The Way TO GO...  (Read 19460 times)

jmt1

• Getbig IV
Reasons Why Low Carb Is The Way TO GO...
« on: September 08, 2006, 07:59:28 PM »
Since there has been so much garbage posted on here the last few days, here is some sound real world nutritional advice from Charles Poliquin

There are many advantages to low-carb nutrition; that's why I tend to use it with about 75% of my clients.

Poliquin recomends .25 grams of carbs per pound of body weight.

I would like to make the following 10 points regarding low carb diets. Of course, I could go on and on regarding this subject, but these are important points to consider:

1.Carbohydrate intake should be individualized. Some people simply cannot train for extensive periods of time on low carb diets.

2.“Low carb for life” is the best solution for at least 75% of the population. By eliminating grains, 90% of the nation’s health care cost would go down, taking care of problems with triglycerides, LDL, C-reactive proteins, low androgens, etc.

3.People don’t need as many carbs as they think they do. A lot of people are kidding themselves about how many carbs they need. “Man, I need my carbs,” they say.  Yeah, right! What you need to realize is that there is a difference between a mouth and a vacuum. Consider portion control as part of any program.

4.Make “low-carb” eating part of a lifestyle. Clients should consider a “low carb lifestyle” rather than merely a “low carb diet.” Forty to 50 grams per day of good carbs are plenty for most of the population. That is why there are so many fat dieticians and personal trainers.

5.Distinguish the difference between natural carbohydrates and “neo” carbs. Did a caveman have access to donuts (i.e. “neo-carbs”)? No. Did a caveman have access to pasta?  No. Pasta is a “neo-carb.” Did a caveman have access to grapes? Yes. Grapes are natural, allowable carbs (in some instances.)

6.Nutrient timing makes a difference. I think a 200-pound man can stay lean eating 250 grams of carbohydrates a day, if 200 grams of them are taken post-workout. The other 50 grams must be spread out throughout the day in low glycemic portions.

7.Eat vegetables. No one eats enough vegetables. Have you ever heard of anybody binging on brussel sprouts?  If you do not eat enough veggies, a daily intake of mixed fibers may be indicated for a short period.

8.Stay lean. The leaner you are, the more carbs you can eat. Remember, I said “stay lean,” not get lean. Get lean first if you want carbs.

9.Dramatically improve insulin sensitivity. There are plenty of nutraceuticals (i.e. R-form stabilized alpha-lipoic acid, not the useless racemic form that everybody sells) and botanicals that improve insulin sensitivity. There are also functional tests that can determine which work best for you. Insulin sensitivity and the ability to hypertrophy while leaning out are strongly correlated, more so than androgen output.

10.Mix it up. Every fifth day you should go back to eating more good carbs, as oxidation of BCAA is compromised on low carb diets. The amount of good carbs is inversely proportionate to your percentage of body fat. Remember - Low carb diets without a high intake of smart fats are suicidal

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Reasons Why Low Carb Is The Way TO GO...
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 08:00:41 PM »
Krispy Kremes and oreos ar good carb sources.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 08:01:35 PM »
low carbs are for bitches, you white piece of bread.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 08:03:26 PM »
I love how people are scared of "White" flour like its going to magically make them fat.

AleXXX got obese by just eating Chicken and Oats.

hahahahahahah  He even admitted it.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 08:14:45 PM »
another big plus of low carbs is that you're more likely to add muscle while maintaining a state of fat loss...  calories can be higher while still losing fat.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 08:16:27 PM »
Calories cannot be higher than what you don`t burn.

Trying to eat more is dangerous when trying to diet.  You will never get there.

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 08:17:01 PM »
I love how people are scared of "White" flour like its going to magically make them fat.

AleXXX got obese by just eating Chicken and Oats.

hahahahahahah  He even admitted it.

White flour magically spikes insulin levels - which will eventually lead to hunger more quickly.  Then people eat more. 

I have a feeling that even medical studies won't convince tools like you.
Motherboy (the band).

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 08:19:26 PM »
White flour magically spikes insulin levels - which will eventually lead to hunger more quickly.  Then people eat more. 

It is a Scientific Impossibility to store fat while in an energy defecit.

An Insulin response does NOT CREATE added energy and therefore is only pertinent when NOT in a defecit.

Such as when someone is TRYING to GAIN.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 08:21:14 PM »

White Flour does not have a terribly High GI by the way.

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 08:24:39 PM »
It is a Scientific Impossibility to store fat while in an energy defecit.

An Insulin response does NOT CREATE added energy and therefore is only pertinent when NOT in a defecit.

Such as when someone is TRYING to GAIN.

You didn't read what I wrote.  The insulin spike leads to quicker hunger again - that causes poeple to eat more calories taking them out of deficit.
Motherboy (the band).

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006, 08:31:27 PM »
Most of the world population is carb intolerant... Only 25% of the population is carb sensitive.

Thats a big reason why there are so many fat and obese people/

Today's society is carb-crazy because we're surrounded by a ton of carbohydrate-rich foods.... It's just too easy and inexpensive to grab a high carb food versus something high-protein or high-fat. 

Studies are clear that no matter how you define a low-carb nutrition approach, cutting back on carbs in one form or another will have numerous positive effects for your health and your body composition

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 08:37:34 PM »
Most of the world population is carb intolerant... Only 25% of the population is carb sensitive.

Thats a big reason why there are so many fat and obese people/

Today's society is carb-crazy because we're surrounded by a ton of carbohydrate-rich foods.... It's just too easy and inexpensive to grab a high carb food versus something high-protein or high-fat. 

Studies are clear that no matter how you define a low-carb nutrition approach, cutting back on carbs in one form or another will have numerous positive effects for your health and your body composition

No such thing as Carb Toleration.
People are fat because the expend less energy than they take in.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 08:38:39 PM »
You didn't read what I wrote.  The insulin spike leads to quicker hunger again - that causes poeple to eat more calories taking them out of deficit.

Hunger does not cause people to eat.

People eat because they want to, not because they have to.

If you eat every 3 hours you won`t feel hungered. Next issue?

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 08:41:42 PM »
i do some personal training...i have had lots of regular clients who needed to drop body fat...one of the first things i have them do is cut out sugars, regular soda, processed stuff, flour products, ect....i usually add calories and replace those lost with protein and efa's...they start shedding fat almost overnight....lol

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2006, 08:43:00 PM »
Hunger does not cause people to eat.

People eat because they want to, not because they have to.

If you eat every 3 hours you won`t feel hungered. Next issue?

Wow - and I thought you were dumb before that post.

I am not going to continue to converse with you like others battle forever.  When your shrink says you are cured, let us all know.
Motherboy (the band).

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2006, 08:45:58 PM »
No such thing as Carb Toleration.
People are fat because the expend less energy than they take in.

lol...there is insulin sensitivity/resistance.

thats why some bodybuilders take insulin and pack on lots of lean muscle tissue....while others use the same amount of insulin and get fat as hell, unless they are taking it with t3,clen,ect.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2006, 08:46:04 PM »
Lower better-quality carbs is the way to go; however this is nothing new. Polliquin is repeating what's been said and published by others.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2006, 08:48:18 PM »
i do some personal training...i have had lots of regular clients who needed to drop body fat...one of the first things i have them do is cut out sugars, regular soda, processed stuff, flour products, ect....i usually add calories and replace those lost with protein and efa's...they start shedding fat almost overnight....lol

Replacing calorie for calorie will not work, you will end up with the same sum and same amount of energy that HAS to be expended.Somewhere along the lines, you are creating a defecit and not replacing calorie for calorie.   People cut out the sugars and such because a small amount adds up to a lot calories quick.

I don`t cut it out because I use them to stay in a defecit.  I use them as my calories. I would rather eat a Krispy Kreme than a chicken breast.

A 250 calorie Krispy Kreme Doughnut is going to require the same amount of energy to burn as a 250 calorie Chicken breast.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2006, 08:52:16 PM »
a calorie = a calorie

haha...monster logic ;D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2006, 08:53:46 PM »
a calorie = a calorie

haha...monster logic ;D

It does!

A calorie is a unit of heat.

A degree of Farhenheit=a degree of Farhenheit.

A watt=a watt

A kelvin=A kelvin

JeanPaul

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2006, 08:56:02 PM »
TA you are a moron. Protein is essential to build lean muscle tissue. While agree with you that bodybuilders eat way to much protein, it's still important to build lean muscle tissue. Fats are imprtant too, hence the name "essential fats". However thee is no such thing as important or essential carbs. Your body doesnt need carbs. And in fact you can build a nice physique by not eating carbs at all. While carbs do give you energy to train harder, they are still not essential for your body.
People must eat as much calories as they need, however if you eat carbs, timing is everything and carb selection is as important as as anything else. You come here and think that by giving advice to eat Krispy Kreme you on to something. You are stupid and have absolutely no clue what you talking about.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2006, 08:57:29 PM »
TA you are a moron. Protein is essential to build lean muscle tissue. While agree with you that bodybuilders eat way to much protein, it's still important to build lean muscle tissue. Fats are imprtant too, hence the name "essential fats". However thee is no such thing as important or essential carbs. Your body doesnt need carbs. And in fact you can build a nice physique by not eating carbs at all. While carbs do give you energy to train harder, they are still not essential for your body.
People must eat as much calories as they need, however if you eat carbs, timing is everything and carb selection is as important as as anything else. You come here and think that by giving advice to eat Krispy Kreme you on to something. You are stupid and have absolutely no clue what you talking about.

I get PLENTY of protein daily to build my 50 ounces of muscle a year.

And to mantain what I have got.

It does not take 300 lbs of meat to do this.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2006, 08:58:26 PM »
It does!

A calorie is a unit of heat.

A degree of Farhenheit=a degree of Farhenheit.

A watt=a watt

A kelvin=A kelvin

ok...replace 1000 calories of baked chicken with veggies with 1000 calories of brownies, oreos...then call me in the morning.....lol

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2006, 08:59:37 PM »

Carb timing has no basis when in a Caloric Deficit since everything ingested is expended.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2006, 09:07:09 PM »
Carb timing has no basis when in a Caloric Deficit since everything ingested is expended.

you are missing the point genius...all calories are metabolized differently.

the body will not use 1000 calories of chicken and spinach the same way it will use 1000 calories of krisy kremes.

if it did i would be knocking down some dounuts right now...lol