Author Topic: Mark Rippetoe can suck my dick  (Read 13804 times)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I read at least a dozen primary sources a day
Re: Mark Rippetoe can suck my dick
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2015, 07:07:51 AM »
you do understand that he is like 55 years old in that picture right?

you think because he has a gut that precludes him from being a good strength coach?

Wendler respects his work.  Coan respects his work.  mark Bell respects his work.

just admit you don't want to squat because its hard and quit your fucking whining.

??? Find the post where I said this?

The comment was he's fat and out of shape, here is the photo proving this.  Lots of 55 year-olds look way better.  You can't dispute this so you shift the goal posts to a "So you're saying he's a bad strength coach lol" straw-man and vicariously claim victory.  Fuck off with that bullshit "bears", you're not dealing with an idiot here.

Read->comprehend->then post, thanks.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2015, 07:11:36 AM »
Likely have to go to Budapest several times a year. Planning on UK layovers so I can finally see some of you fucks.

Haha count me in stud.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2015, 07:48:09 AM »
??? Find the post where I said this?

The comment was he's fat and out of shape, here is the photo proving this.  Lots of 55 year-olds look way better.  You can't dispute this so you shift the goal posts to a "So you're saying he's a bad strength coach lol" straw-man and vicariously claim victory.  Fuck off with that bullshit "bears", you're not dealing with an idiot here.

Read->comprehend->then post, thanks.

no i'm just dealing with a pussy who doesn't want to squat and who's got some strange vendetta against some 55 year old strength coach who he doesn't think is attractive.

for the record I've NEVER, NEVER, met a person who claims that deep squatting was bad for them who actually knew how to squat.  I've met about 300 who claimed this, claimed they could squat 405 and couldn't correctly squat 225. 

also squatting high is much much worse for your knees than squatting deep.  THAT IS A FACT.

MAYBE you are on of those rare exceptions where you actually know how to squat but you have pre exisiting conditions that preclude you from squatting.  but I've been around this game long enough to know that the safe bet is that you're just a pussy who doesn't want to squat because the leg press is easier to load up with 15 plates a side so that you can appear strong to commercial gym newbies.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2015, 07:51:25 AM »
no i'm just dealing with a pussy who doesn't want to squat and who's got some strange vendetta against some 55 year old strength coach who he doesn't think is attractive.

for the record I've NEVER, NEVER, met a person who claims that deep squatting was bad for them who actually knew how to squat.  I've met about 300 who claimed this, claimed they could squat 405 and couldn't correctly squat 225. 

also squatting high is much much worse for your knees than squatting deep.  THAT IS A FACT.

MAYBE you are on of those rare exceptions where you actually know how to squat but you have pre exisiting conditions that preclude you from squatting.  but I've been around this game long enough to know that the safe bet is that you're just a pussy who doesn't want to squat because the leg press is easier to load up with 15 plates a side so that you can appear strong to commercial gym newbies.

The fuck are you going on about "bears" ???  My claim is that he's fat.  Present your dissertation on squatting to someone who gives a fuck.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2015, 07:57:18 AM »
The fuck are you going on about "bears" ???  My claim is that he's fat.  Present your dissertation on squatting to someone who gives a fuck.

AND MY POINT IS THAT HE'S NOT A BODYBUILDER OR PHYSIQUE COMPETITOR, OR EVEN A STRENGTH ATHLETE ANYMORE.  HES A STRENGTH COACH.  AND YOU'RE SITTNG IN HERE CALLING HIM FAT.  WHY?

so i'll ask you what are you going on about?

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2015, 08:01:11 AM »
Because he's setting himself up as a guru in how to work out.  Most who he wants to follow his advice don't want to look like him.  A big hairy ham.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2015, 08:16:34 AM »
Because he's setting himself up as a guru in how to work out.  Most who he wants to follow his advice don't want to look like him.  A big hairy ham.

I've read a lot of his stuff.

he says everything starts with basic strength.

that's his main point.  

you can't properly condition a weak body.  its pointless to take a bunch of middle aged women who are extremely weak structurally (because the only exercise they've ever done is "jogging") and run them through a long series of conditioning drills.  all you'll do is break them down.

and strength all starts with the squat.  and the fact is that 99% of everyone on this board who say they CAN'T squat, CAN.  they just don't want to.  because its hard, humbling, and requires mental and physical discipline.  

I know this because I was in my early 20's one of those guys half squatting 400+ when I wasn't strong enough to squat 225 properly.  my knees hurt, my legs weren't growing and I was frustrated.  but it was my ego that was holding me back.  So I swallowed my pride and learned how to squat from the beginning.  with 45 lbs.  I read everything I could about squatting from guys like Rippetoe, Coan, Tate, etc.  

Basically what I learned was that most people who don't actually compete in powerlifting overestimate their squat by about 150-200 lbs. They squat high, incorrectly, and too heavy and then they blame the exercise and not themselves when they're sore, beat up, and not any better than they were before.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2015, 08:37:42 AM »
'bears' seems like an appropriate name for someone with a man crush on a chubby, hairy middle aged guy

lol at defending him when his advice is pretty terrible, and he does NOT advocate going ass to ground because his stupid fucking 'squat' form only lets you hit parallel with a bent over torso

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2015, 08:45:03 AM »
Honestly, just cut out the middle man, and go find Bill Starr's work. Rippetoe is a decent coach (barring GOMAD and his squat form stuff), but has an annoying lack of inquisitiveness, and people skills. Starr is like a kindly old uncle that's been there and done that, Rippetoe is for kids that never had a strong male in their lives, and middle aged men that like playing cuck to another middle aged man.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2015, 08:54:31 AM »
'bears' seems like an appropriate name for someone with a man crush on a chubby, hairy middle aged guy

lol at defending him when his advice is pretty terrible, and he does NOT advocate going ass to ground because his stupid fucking 'squat' form only lets you hit parallel with a bent over torso

you've obviously never read his stuff and if you did, you didn't understand it. 

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2015, 08:57:59 AM »
you've obviously never read his stuff and if you did, you didn't understand it.  

isn't it something like this?

bent over like a spastic with 'hip drive' to good morning the bar up?

here is an actual deep squat with good form

hope this helps

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2015, 09:04:35 AM »

hope this helps

once again a guy who doesn't understand the differences between squatting for oly lifters and squatting for a powerlifter.

also I love how you compare a 52 year old man squatting (yeah he was 52 in that video) and one of the greatest strength athletes who ever lived. 

you're showing your ignorance.  stop while you're ahead.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2015, 09:07:52 AM »

hope this helps

and I see nothing wrong with that 315x10  "spastic hip drive"???

you obviously aren't a powerlifting competitor and you don't have much experience squatting.  

stop it.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2015, 09:11:45 AM »
So at 52 you're saying he isn't doing 'his style' of squatting correctly?

you sound very strong, do you have a video of yourself squatting?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2015, 09:13:51 AM »
Who truly gives a fuck ???

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2015, 09:35:15 AM »
So at 52 you're saying he isn't doing 'his style' of squatting correctly?

you sound very strong, do you have a video of yourself squatting?

my best squat was 455 grinder at 190 lbs.  that was about 5-6 weeks ago.  So I'm an OK squatter.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2015, 09:48:20 AM »
my best squat was 455 at 190 lbs.  I'm an OK squatter.

Yeah, I kind of figured that you weren't a 500+ squatter if you were on ripetoes nuts

I can post a vid of me front squatting your max back squat for reps if you'd like, just to confirm that I don't have "much experience squatting"?

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2015, 09:50:02 AM »
Yeah, I kind of figured that you weren't a 500+ squatter if you were on ripetoes nuts

I can post a vid of me front squatting your max back squat for reps if you'd like, just to confirm that I don't have "much experience squatting"?

please do.  i'm not above seeing proof.  if i'm wrong i'm wrong.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2015, 09:54:50 AM »

I cant find my 455 video, have to settle for 475 instead  :-[

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2015, 09:56:49 AM »
Severe ownage by Mighty Mawse

so i'll ask you what are you going on about?

The question I was responding to was over whether he "looks alright for his age or not", before you hopped on his dick.

Try to keep up or maybe just read the thread before vomiting out your uninformed responses.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2015, 09:57:16 AM »

consider me proven wrong.  that's a great squat. 

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2015, 09:57:45 AM »

NICE!!!!!!!!

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2015, 10:00:29 AM »
sadly I can only do 405 paused currently - after hip surgery I have to do everything in slow motion and paused which knocks a lot off the lifts :(

I'm not knocking 455 either btw , I just don't like the hero worship of a guy who only squatted 600 in single ply and on a ton of drugs, especially because he's such an asshole online to people

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2015, 10:02:29 AM »
Severe ownage by Mighty Mawse

The question I was responding to was over whether he "looks alright for his age or not", before you hopped on his dick.

Try to keep up or maybe just read the thread before vomiting out your uninformed responses.

yeah I was owned by a guy who front squats huge weights deep, back squats huge weights deep and pulls heavy ass weight all the time.

Mawse had hip surgery and still squats.  why?  because that's how important it is. 

weren't you the one who said you don't need to squat?

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2015, 10:07:08 AM »
sadly I can only do 405 paused currently - after hip surgery I have to do everything in slow motion and paused which knocks a lot off the lifts :(

I'm not knocking 455 either btw , I just don't like the hero worship of a guy who only squatted 600 in single ply and on a ton of drugs, especially because he's such an asshole online to people

as a beginner/intermediate squatter myself, I have found his stuff really helpful. 

especially the basic philosophy of building strength first, then worrying about physique goals.

I haven't seen him being a dick to anyone.