Author Topic: Dennis Wolf Signs Exclusive MD Contract  (Read 6220 times)

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
Re: Dennis Wolf Signs Exclusive MD Contract
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2006, 12:08:13 PM »
Guys,

Don't get mad at ghostwriting.  You're assuming most bodybuilders know how to write.  ;D

I'm not too concerned about the writing, even the most educated  gets somebody to write for them as is the case for many books outthere. a ghostwriter cannot express your emotions and aspirations. he can only interpret it.
Get Big, or Die Trying

Pazuzu

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2006, 12:24:45 PM »
Let me explain how I do it. I gather up the questions first. Some are sent to MD and forwarded to me, some are questions people email to me personally from my web site (there are a LOT of those). That's the first part of the column. The second part is a journal, talking about what's going on with their training, personal and professional life, and any issue they may want to comment on.

Next, I call the athlete and I get his answers to all the questions, then talk about what he is up to lately and so on. I take that and write it up, often very close to word for word, sometimes elaborating a little bit. The point is, it would be tough for some of these guys to put these columns into the format that my editor needs. It has to be specific word length and have a certain amount of variety to it. That's where I come in. The information does come from the athletes. I just transcribe it and make sure it's in the right format for the magazine.

If I were just making everything up, that would be a whole other matter.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2006, 12:26:30 PM »
Let me explain how I do it. I gather up the questions first. Some are sent to MD and forwarded to me, some are questions people email to me personally from my web site (there are a LOT of those). That's the first part of the column. The second part is a journal, talking about what's going on with their training, personal and professional life, and any issue they may want to comment on.

Next, I call the athlete and I get his answers to all the questions, then talk about what he is up to lately and so on. I take that and write it up, often very close to word for word, sometimes elaborating a little bit. The point is, it would be tough for some of these guys to put these columns into the format that my editor needs. It has to be specific word length and have a certain amount of variety to it. That's where I come in. The information does come from the athletes. I just transcribe it and make sure it's in the right format for the magazine.

Ron...I want to do that exact thing for a living. How do I go about it? Throw in a good word to Steve for me.
?

Bronx

• Getbig III
  • MuscleMag Group Photo Editor
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2006, 12:31:43 PM »
with the Exception of Tom Prince OR probably shawn ray, All articles are ghost writed

Actually, a much higher number of pros write their own columns, although I can't say Markus will, but more than you think. (and before anyone freaks and flames, I'm not saying that its even remotely close to all.)

AntonioC

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2006, 12:36:33 PM »
First of all Dennis language is Russian as he was born there. His nationality is German. And he moved to Germany few years back. He is fluent in Russian and German, his English is not that great. Everyone who attended Olympia press conference knows exactly what I am talking about. Whatever he will be contributing to MD no doubt will be modified by Ron for "Boss Blechmans" final approval.

Pazuzu

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2006, 01:17:03 PM »
I spoke to Dennis to do his profile (up on the MD site now). His English is not spectacular, but I managed to get all the info I needed from him. It just took a little longer than usual.

Blockhead, all I can say is that I got where I am in the mag biza through a combination of hard work, perseverance, knowing a few of the right people thanks to my previous job with the ESPN American Muscle, being able to write fast and reasonably well. Editors like to know they can count on you, even when they give you very brief deadlines. They like to know they can give you an assignment and then not have to think about it again, instead of calling or emailing the writer to see where the hell the article they need is.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2006, 01:22:38 PM »
I spoke to Dennis to do his profile (up on the MD site now). His English is not spectacular, but I managed to get all the info I needed from him. It just took a little longer than usual.

Blockhead, all I can say is that I got where I am in the mag biza through a combination of hard work, perseverance, knowing a few of the right people thanks to my previous job with the ESPN American Muscle, being able to write fast and reasonably well. Editors like to know they can count on you, even when they give you very brief deadlines. They like to know they can give you an assignment and then not have to think about it again, instead of calling or emailing the writer to see where the hell the article they need is.

I assume they require some kind of degree in communication, or do they?
Get Big, or Die Trying

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2006, 01:23:20 PM »
Steve, I pay a $25 referral for anyone who sends someone to me for a website.

;)

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2006, 01:29:38 PM »
I am proud to announce that Dennis Wolf has signed an exclusive publishing contract with Muscular Development Magazine.

Dennis Wolf and Markus Ruhl, the two "German Giants" will begin writing exclusive monthly columns in MD starting next month.

Nice you can post here but haven't returned one of my emails :)  to busy i was told

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2006, 01:31:39 PM »
Nice you can post here but haven't returned one of my emails :)  to busy i was told
are you implying that Steve Blechman looks like a gayer Geraldo Rivera, Lee?

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2006, 01:32:16 PM »
So if Ruhl and Wold have their own collumns now...who got bumped? I predict LEE:) and Cormier.

If Steve was smart he'd remove Dexter, Gustavo and Henry.

NOBODY can relate to dieting and cardio advice by dexter or Henry...nobody cares about how balanced Gustavos life is and how he has never ever heard of Skip Lacour. I'm tired of reading about the Hammer Incline press and how Joe made Dex eat an extra meal to make him look 'his best yet'.

Chad and Glass have solid collumns. Hany is perposterous. I never read such self-gratiating self worship nonsense.

I say me and Henry ...Henry for sure

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2006, 01:36:44 PM »
Great news for Dennis!!! I will hopefully be shooting with MD early next year!

Hey Lee!!! how are you mate??

Pazuzu

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2006, 01:37:25 PM »
I won't say who is gone, but I know Lee is still under contract for a couple more months at least - hopefully he stays with MD, I think he's one of the few guys with a lot of personality and opinion. That's why I like working with him on his column. He just doesn't give a fuck if anyone likes him or what he has to say.

As for degrees, I have been a few credits shy of a degree in Mass Communications/Film for over 15 years. Degrees mean absolutely nothing in the type of writing that I do. At least that's what I tell my mother, who still bitches that I never graduated. Ma - get over it!

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2006, 01:49:54 PM »
Great news for Dennis!!! I will hopefully be shooting with MD early next year!

Hey Lee!!! how are you mate??

GOOD AND YOU?
GOING HOME ON THE 17TH TO VISIT FAMILY AND EAT SOME GOOD AUSSIE FOOD.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2006, 01:51:28 PM »
I won't say who is gone, but I know Lee is still under contract for a couple more months at least - hopefully he stays with MD, I think he's one of the few guys with a lot of personality and opinion. That's why I like working with him on his column. He just doesn't give a f**k if anyone likes him or what he has to say.

As for degrees, I have been a few credits shy of a degree in Mass Communications/Film for over 15 years. Degrees mean absolutely nothing in the type of writing that I do. At least that's what I tell my mother, who still bitches that I never graduated. Ma - get over it!

AND THATS HOW IT SHOULD BE TELL IT LIKE IT IS OR YOUR VERSION OF IT :) ....BUT NO BULLSHIT FROM ME NOW I GET SENCORED GO FIGURE...I HEAR MD IS GETTING CALLS TO HELP WITH OLYMPIA NEXT YEAR ..

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2006, 01:57:25 PM »

THAT SUX FOR YOU, LEE :)  I DO ACTUALLY ENJOY YOUR COLUMN, MATE. I GIVE U SIHT CUZ I'M A FAN OF YOU...YOU DO KNOW THAT RIGHT? SAME WITH CORMIER...I 'GREW UP' TO YOU GUYS IN THE LATE 90'S AND SO ON. I PROBABLY GOT A SUPERMAN 'S' TAT ON MY LEFT SHOULDER CUZ OF YOU.

You can decipher through the nonsense, right? I know what gets to you so I use it. Cool?
?

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2006, 02:02:01 PM »
Lee I hope MD pays you more than IFBB aussie show 5k for 2nd. Kids in skateboard parks win MORE.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2006, 02:16:12 PM »
THAT SUX FOR YOU, LEE :)  I DO ACTUALLY ENJOY YOUR COLUMN, MATE. I GIVE U SIHT CUZ I'M A FAN OF YOU...YOU DO KNOW THAT RIGHT? SAME WITH CORMIER...I 'GREW UP' TO YOU GUYS IN THE LATE 90'S AND SO ON. I PROBABLY GOT A SUPERMAN 'S' TAT ON MY LEFT SHOULDER CUZ OF YOU.

You can decipher through the nonsense, right? I know what gets to you so I use it. Cool?

HEY ITS ALL GOOD FUN.....

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2006, 02:22:05 PM »
I won't say who is gone, but I know Lee is still under contract for a couple more months at least - hopefully he stays with MD, I think he's one of the few guys with a lot of personality and opinion. That's why I like working with him on his column. He just doesn't give a f**k if anyone likes him or what he has to say.

your mom posts here...

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2006, 02:49:04 PM »
I've emailed with Dennis and spoken with him on the phone.  His English speaking and writing skills are fine.  Many people in Germany are English-speaking (this according to a friend of mine who is of German ancestry and still goes there to visit family a few times a year).

Show us yer tits, Cara!
Ron: "I am lazy."

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2006, 02:53:34 PM »

You would have made a good bible writer. 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2006, 02:56:43 PM »

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2006, 02:58:38 PM »
are you implying that Steve Blechman looks like a gayer Geraldo Rivera, Lee?

:-\
HAHA, RON.....

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2006, 03:34:34 PM »

I don't think he posts himself...  Cara probably does it for him.  Notice how she always shows up in threads "Steve" starts an hour or two later?
Ron: "I am lazy."

Cara from MD

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2006, 05:56:12 PM »
I don't think he posts himself...  Cara probably does it for him.  Notice how she always shows up in threads "Steve" starts an hour or two later?

We work in the same office, and I'm in front of a computer most of the day (I can feel the early onset arthritis settling into my fingers)...now I'm at home though.  It's almost 9pm.  Time to go find the cat and shut the door.  And furthermore, to all of you people, there will be no frontal viewage of Cara.