Author Topic: Anyone miss their deceased dog?!?  (Read 3709 times)

Twaddle

• Getbig V
Re: Anyone miss their deceased dog?!?
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2013, 02:06:52 PM »
Remember doing 9mm pistol shooting on the ranges here in Germany and a German Guy who worked on the ranges came over and asked one of us to shoot his dog to save him going to a vet and paying for it >:( told him to fuck off before he got his face smashed in...what a kunt !

My buddy did this to his own dog.  It wasn't because of the vet cost at all, it's because he thought it was the most humane way of putting his dog down.  His dog was terminal and suffering.  The dog absolutely hated going to the vet.  My buddy didn't want his dogs last moments on earth to be filled with terror, so he carried him out in a field, and gave him a handfull of snacks.  While his dog was munching on the snacks, he popped him in the back of the head.

He told me he was crying the whole time, but his dog didn't have a clue what was happening, and the dog was happy all the way to the end.  He also said he dropped like a sack of hammers, and didn't move a muscle. 

I've also thought about what to do with my dog when the day comes.  She's terrified of vets, and hates strangers coming to our house.  A bullet would be the most humane thing, and least terrifying for her, but I would never be able to do it.   :'(

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2013, 05:22:52 PM »
Sorry to hear. My dog passed away almost a year to the day. Thinking of buying a tree to plant in the backyard along with his ashes to honor him. He always loved sleeping under or shitting under trees. :)

My dog is 13 and loved shitting and sleeping on the living room tile. I imagine I'll need to bust up the slab and bury him there when he dies. Seems fitting

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2013, 05:52:37 PM »
  My dog is 13 and loved shitting and sleeping on the living room tile. I imagine I'll need to bust up the slab and bury him there when he dies. Seems fitting