Author Topic: Sample Bulking/Cutting Diets  (Read 199933 times)

goldfingaz

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Re: Sample Bulking/Cutting Diets
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2005, 09:19:17 AM »
Very good diets guys, but what type of fat burners or fat burner stacks would you use with the cutting diet, if any?

DMG

• Getbig IV
  • A monster is born...
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2005, 02:17:32 PM »
what type of fat burners or fat burner stacks would you use with the cutting diet, if any?

I'd suggest using Ephedra and Caffeine. Ephedra at 30mg twice per day and Caffeine at 200mg twice a day. This is an excellent stack for burning fat.
Team Testosterone

Kapps

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2005, 09:15:27 PM »
Question. i just started the cutting diet about 4 days ago, and I'm super tired all the time now.
a friend of mine said that maybe the lower cal intake is the cause. any ideas?

DMG

• Getbig IV
  • A monster is born...
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2005, 09:56:34 PM »
Question. i just started the cutting diet about 4 days ago, and I'm super tired all the time now.
a friend of mine said that maybe the lower cal intake is the cause. any ideas?

yep, the combination of low calories and low carbs will do it. Most bodybuilders experience that during their cutting phase before a show. There's not a whole lot you can do to fix the problem other than raise your carbs. It's just a part of the diet.
Team Testosterone

Kapps

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2005, 11:05:19 PM »
thanks

Bast1

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2005, 01:16:01 PM »
The bulking diet is too damn clean.  I'm dieting now and If I had to eat like this all year (except more) I would take up another hobby.

DMG

• Getbig IV
  • A monster is born...
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2005, 11:10:36 AM »
The bulking diet is too damn clean.

nah, thats dedication bro.  ;)
Team Testosterone

Bast1

« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2005, 11:32:43 AM »
nah, thats dedication bro.  ;)

should be able to eat a sandwich or chicken wings..  one decent meal a day.

DMG

• Getbig IV
  • A monster is born...
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2005, 11:38:23 AM »
should be able to eat a sandwich or chicken wings..  one decent meal a day.

yeah, even more so if you have a fast metabolism.
Team Testosterone

Bast1

« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2005, 10:32:25 PM »
yeah, even more so if you have a fast metabolism.

Yes I do.   Now that I'm dieting I realize how good I had it before eating so many delicious foods. ahhh the good old days  ;D

JayHova22

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2005, 08:43:26 AM »
I thought your body can only consume a certain amount of protein in one day?

Jeff Miller

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2005, 01:47:09 PM »
I thought your body can only consume a certain amount of protein in one day?

It's a general guideline that most people can only process 30-50g of protein per serving, and that you should space your protein intake 1.5-3 hours apart.

I get 350-400g a day and I'm just fine.

Ronnie Coleman gets about 600g a day
ChuckNorrisFearsMe

Bast1

« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2005, 09:07:12 PM »
The cutting diet has 50g of fat.  Seems high to me.  How low would you guy recommend that go in say week 10?

cheach

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2005, 12:15:04 PM »
How long should one run a bulking cycle? And what is a realistic amount of lean muscle mass you can put on in a bulking cycle?
Am thinking anything more than 16lbs of lean mass is unrealistic

TNTBOOM

• Getbig III
  • die or diet
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2005, 12:28:11 PM »
How long should one run a bulking cycle? And what is a realistic amount of lean muscle mass you can put on in a bulking cycle?
Am thinking anything more than 16lbs of lean mass is unrealistic
that mostly depends on your body !
some people put weight faster that other and some people have a hard time to put on weight (such as myself)
i dont think there is an answer for that  :-\

DMG

• Getbig IV
  • A monster is born...
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2005, 02:02:04 PM »
TNT is right, there is no answer. It all depends upon each individual.
Team Testosterone

spidey007

• Getbig II
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2005, 07:51:53 PM »
 DMG:
Quick question for ya...been doing a cutting phase for about 2 months.. Carb wise, I am down to one oatmeal packet for breakfast and a 40 gram carb drink for postworkout (these are the only carbs for the day excluding veggies)

I am thinking of going lower in carbs, but I'm debating upon which meal i should pull the carbs from...breakfast or postworkout?

I'm leaning towards breakfast..
I am doing 6 meals a day with enough protein and fat btw...all advice is welcome..thanks

Bast1

« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2005, 08:57:13 PM »
DMG:
Quick question for ya...been doing a cutting phase for about 2 months.. Carb wise, I am down to one oatmeal packet for breakfast and a 40 gram carb drink for postworkout (these are the only carbs for the day excluding veggies)

I am thinking of going lower in carbs, but I'm debating upon which meal i should pull the carbs from...breakfast or postworkout?

I'm leaning towards breakfast..
I am doing 6 meals a day with enough protein and fat btw...all advice is welcome..thanks

I'm not DMG, but Yes I would lower the amount you eat at breakfast but for 8 weeks  I don't think your carbs should be that low yet.   Increase your green veggies if you do decrease your carbs.  What is your carb drink postworkout?   Maybe you should lower your fat or protein instead?  your macronutrient ratios should be similar throughout your diet.

spidey007

• Getbig II
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2005, 09:36:35 PM »
Thanks for the MUCH appreciated advice..

I think i have been falling into the trap of trying to cut too fast and not seeing the results.  Im thinking of switching to a system like this:
3-5 days--120 grams carbs/day, 400grams protein/day
1 day--460 grams carbs/day, 200 grams protein/day.
(3-5 days low with 1 day high)...
This is my first time dieting down and i am still trying to figure this out..any advice is welcomed...thanks

Bast1

« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2005, 09:40:42 PM »
I found this helpful, looking at his diet week to week and how he decreased calories.  (yes he uses way too many mrps and protein powder instead of meat/egg whites)

http://www.ast-ss.com/jeffwillet/UniverseJournal02/UniverseJournal02.asp?offset=120

DMG

• Getbig IV
  • A monster is born...
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2005, 09:37:36 AM »
Yes, I agree with Bast. You should take some carbs out of your breakfast. Your bodies not going to like it if you take them out of your postworkout meal, since alot of your energy will be drained already.
Team Testosterone

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2005, 08:00:03 PM »
I guess since we're asking for advice, i may as well ask about something that's been bugging me....

I'm currently getting about 90 g of carbs a day (180 lbs BW), almost entirely from 1/2 c. oats for breakfast and SF/FF pudding (maltodextrin) and grits post-workout.  I feel sluggish a lot of the time as you tend to do when you're on low carb.  Anyway, i've dropped to this weight of 180 from a weight of about 220 3 or 4 months ago.  I'm down to about 7% bf.  I'd like to cut up just a little more, but i'm thinking the carbs can't possibly go lower, nor the calories.  Any ideas?  I'm not doing a show, so should i just say fuck it and start gradually bulking again?
:-)

Bast1

« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2005, 09:14:36 PM »
I guess since we're asking for advice, i may as well ask about something that's been bugging me....

I'm currently getting about 90 g of carbs a day (180 lbs BW), almost entirely from 1/2 c. oats for breakfast and SF/FF pudding (maltodextrin) and grits post-workout.  I feel sluggish a lot of the time as you tend to do when you're on low carb.  Anyway, i've dropped to this weight of 180 from a weight of about 220 3 or 4 months ago.  I'm down to about 7% bf.  I'd like to cut up just a little more, but i'm thinking the carbs can't possibly go lower, nor the calories.  Any ideas?  I'm not doing a show, so should i just say f**k it and start gradually bulking again?

I'm at that point as well, where I went down in calories maybe too low.  I decided I would take 3-4 days off and eat moderate carbs, including fruit, milk, yogurt and a high protein-low carb cereal (total protein).  Needed a break from the low carbs.  My body fat is low enough for the time I've put into it and I'm happy with how I look.  I'll get back to dieting hard and doing cardio twice a day soon.

Try doing more cardio instead of reducing your calories if they are low enough as is.  90 carbs is low.   How much cardio have you been doing, how many calories do you burn?  Taking a few days off won't hurt either, just eat clean foods.

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2005, 03:14:34 PM »
Thanks for replying, bast.  I've been trying to do *real* cardio 5 days a week, about 20 minutes after my workout after popping some BCAA tabs.  I usually get my heart rate up to 85% max for at least 12 mins, sometimes as many as 18 or so.  Here's the deal with cardio though.  Being a college student, i walk EVERYWHERE with a 35-lb backpack on my back.  On an average day, i walk 4 miles, not counting the cardio i do in the gym, or other daily activity levels.  I find that my gym cardio is not really necessary or even possible.  I am totally zonked by my lifts (i have upped the intensity big time to avoid losing muscle).  I lift 6 days a week cause i love hitting the iron and i have some body parts that IMO are lagging a bit.  So i don't think upping the cardio is a solution.  I think i may have to go on a little mini-bulk to get my test and and metabolism back on track.  Just for a few weeks or so.  I'll be going to england soon to work, at which point i'll have to totally re-evaluate everything....so at that point i'll probably start cutting again.  Long winded, i know, and i probably could've PM'd you, but thanks for the feedback.
:-)

S0ldier

« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2005, 04:02:21 PM »
I just can't believe you guys are putting fructose in your PWO shake. This will not help transport proteins at all, in fact, fructose will be stored as liver glycogen and used to maintain glucose levels for the CNS, but it will not aid in the uptake of protein to the muscle cells, nor will it provide an adequate insulin response.

The olive oil post workout is an EFA, but this could easily be taken at another time, where it wont slow the digestion of the proteins. Fat metabolism will not adequately aid in the uptake of protein, rather it will cause the protein to sit longer in the GI tract.

I've said it many times Havenbull. DO NOT mix glutamine and creatine in the same drink. Both of these compounds compete for absorbtion, causing one to cancel one of the other compounds out. You'll be wasting your money if you do this.

Actually, they do not compete. They both act via separate cellular receptors located along the small intestine walls. Sinse they do not use the same cellular receptors, there is no worry about competition for absorption.