Author Topic: Stories - Your favorite stories re pros / legends  (Read 550936 times)

serpico

• Getbig II
  • Getbig or die trying!
Re: Tell your favorite stories re pros/legends
« Reply #575 on: June 11, 2005, 08:43:38 AM »
I think it was the '82 nationals when Dreher won.  '81 was the year of Tim Belknap another  Illinois product. Do you guys remember Bronston Austin? (I took seconds to all these guys!)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #576 on: June 11, 2005, 01:33:50 PM »
Serp, I recall the name (Bronston) but not what he looked like.

I was there when Tim Belnap won the event. It was at Caesars Palace I think.

Here's a couple more shots ...........

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #577 on: June 11, 2005, 02:00:22 PM »
Boys get ready for some unreal pics that no one has ever seen once Stunt gets them developed. 

Okay here is a short story I promise.  Me and Stunt were talking today and it jiggled my brain.  After seeing the pics of the twins...

At a club I bounced at and where Max Rep worked we had a ton of people come in.  In fact it was the #1 restaurant/bar in LA for a couple years.  Allot celebs and such.  ANyway, the Barbarian Brothers came in often cause one of their training partner Bob Sear worked my me as a bouncer as did Ron Gibson and jim Flarerty. 

We served a huge margarita called a Manhattan Maggie it was 32 oz.  Very popular with everyone.  I  loved the Apple Margaritas.  Anyway the twins would come in and almost always order two each and walk around the club with a 32 oz Maggie in each hand drinking them up.

One day they came in and David had a half gallon tub of ice cream eating it while walking around the club.  he ate the whole thing and everyone was looking at him.  when he was done he ordered two Maggies and had a great time.  That place as max has said was the best place to work and get girls.  As Bob could attest too, you could do girls from all over the world and never leave the parking lot.  It was a tourist attraction too!

619Rules

« Reply #578 on: June 11, 2005, 02:21:02 PM »
Onlyme-your not talkin about the Red Onion are you?

Do you remember the Red Onion's? Those were very hot in the early 80's, and very wild. Too bad they all folded.

Stunt-those pics are great-I love the one of Platz-he looks like he is 21 y/o there!

As for the year Lance Dreher won the Nationals, it was 81, b/c Tim Belknap won the LH and Lance won the Heavyweight class, but not the overall which went to Belknap.

I remember Bronston Austin, not big but had a very symmetrical build with good lines.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #579 on: June 11, 2005, 07:39:01 PM »
No it's not the Red Onion it was where me and Max Rep worked Tequilla Willies in the Manhattan Village.  I liked the red Onion.  All the bouncers in the South Bay knew about the bouncers at our place.  We even got an award from the PD.  We were good.  I was bringing home over $600 a week back then and that didn't include what we got at the door from people who didn't want to wait in line.  Plus we got free food.  The 12 eggs omeletes they made us were awesome!

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #580 on: June 12, 2005, 12:40:01 AM »
OK, enough Margarita stuff! Only can't drink worth shit! His idea of drinking with the boys is to get sick on the best looking lady in the house, but I think he told ya that one already.

So let's get back to some old time photos ...........

I gave 134 old time slides to the company who places 35mm slides on disks and should get them back next week. I'm kind of curious to see what they are myself.

Can anyone remove the scotch tape tears on the Gary photo useing PhotoShop?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #581 on: June 12, 2005, 12:57:25 AM »
More oldies.

Bottom shot.... When this picture was shot the guy in the striped shirt goosed Cori and blamed the guy in white.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #582 on: June 12, 2005, 01:00:54 AM »
Last ones tonite.

The bottom picture is a Vietnam Fireteam that kept loseing their rifles and stopped at every tree to have a picture taken.

There are four men in a Fire Team but one guy had to take the photo and the bigger FT member wanted to be in every picture.

Notice the guy in the tree practicing his camoflague technique. You can hardly see him. Definitely Sniper possibilities.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #583 on: June 12, 2005, 08:29:54 AM »
Red Onion? Wasn't that the place where every drink was 70 cents?

Here's a trivia question.....  Name all the bodybuilders who worked Front Doors in various night clubs and the name of the club and the year/years.

That photo of Cory and BM and MF was taken at the Disneyland Hotel on a contest weekend. Jeff MC'd and Cory guest posed.

Here's another pic ......

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #584 on: June 12, 2005, 07:27:39 PM »
Couple more pics ........

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #585 on: June 12, 2005, 08:10:51 PM »
The helicopter pilot in the above photo had to do a lot of computations before he determined that it was safe to take off with Rolf and his GF.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #586 on: June 12, 2005, 08:17:05 PM »
You should notice at least two people in these shots .......

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #587 on: June 12, 2005, 08:26:05 PM »
Everyone was so much younger then and in some cases - alive and kicking.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #588 on: June 12, 2005, 08:34:39 PM »
Okay another story.  Not so much about BB but there are some athletes.  I hope you guys aren't bored with these stories.  To tell you the truth I get my mind joggled and I remember them.  I know they are about me mostly but I don't know that much about anyone else.  Plus it is therapeutic to me to remember my past since my present is so shitty.  So, if they bother you just tell me and I will quit.

Okay, I slightly talked about this on another thread.  Back in 1988 or so I was in Miami doing an appearance.  These people came up to me while I was doing something for MDA at some hotel.  My manager was with me and started talking to them.  He came back and asked me if I wanted to participate in a Celebrity Golf & Tennis event in Boca Raton.  I said yes.  One of the girls asked me what do i want to do.  I said what.  she said you can  either play in the Golf tournament or the tennis tournament.  I said I want to do both.  She said you play tennis.  i said I actually was an assistant tennis instructor for two summers with Wayne Bryan (who now owns the Pacific Palisades Tennis Club in LA).  She said okay you can do both.

So I reported to the Vitas Gerulitis International Tennis Center in Boca.  I show up and they assign me a personal assistant that will handle all my appearances and anything else concerning the event.  Her name was Cindy Coker from Mankato, MN.  She was absolutely beautiful (and married, but will talk about that later).

She checks me in and gives me my intinerary.  Also, Kappa was a major sponsor and gave us free tennis shoes (along with a coupon for free tennis shoes for a year, limited to 6 pair of course). 

Anyway, we did a “meet and greet” dinner with the corporate sponsors and other people involved with the event.  I was by far the biggest (size wise) person there.  I looked very daper in my Polo shorts and XXXL fusia colored Polo shirt.  Imagine allot of talking and bullshit stuff happening and pictures.

Next day, I play tennis.  They assign me Nels Van Patton (as in Van Patton of Hollywood) as my pro.  Each celeb and corp. sponsor was assigned a pro as a partner.  We played Lyle Waggoner and Stephen Edberg in the first match which we lost.  I was doing good except dropped every volley.  Then it was lunch.  Cindy comes and gets me to take me downstairs where they had a spread of food made for a king.  She asked me if I needed anything I said no but can’t you stay for lunch.  She said no I can’t eat here we have to eat upstairs.  I said bullshit you can eat here with me.  What are they going to do to you.  I say it’s okay.  So she did.  Well we talked and talked and we got along VERY good.  I mean VERY GOOD.

When we were finished we were leaving the room and I knew she liked me.  There was a door going down the hall that I just decided to open and see what was inside. It was empty.  I said what is this she said didn’t know. I said come here she said what I grabbed her hand and took her inside the room and closed the door.  I just grabbed her and started kissing her.  About 10 seconds later she backs away and whispers “I’m married”.  I whispered back “I’m not”.  She smiled and said something like I can get in trouble.  I said “I swear I won’t tell if you don’t”.  She starts to laugh and we kissed a little more then left.  Now each time we look at each other we smile.

So then she tells me about the party that night at some club.  I said okay are you going and she said yes she has to be there.  So I kissed her and said see you tonight.  I went and played another match.  Later the limo comes picks me up that night to take me to the party.  I get there and all the camera people and others looking at me like who are you.  I go in.

Well I notice everyone is in a tux.  I am wearing a pair of black Cavarichi’s and a white Polo shirt and boots.  I am standing there looking like an idiot.  Cindy see me and asks where my tux is I said no one told me to wear a tux and where in the hell can I get a size 62 tux in one day.  I said get me out of here.  She grabs my hand and we head to the back of the room behind the bar.

I am so embarrassed.  Everyone looked so fancy.  Then I look up and at the door is Woody Harrelson.  When I see him I said to Cindy “look even Woody has a tux on”.  Well he see me and waves and literally starts to run-walk over to me.  As he got closer I notice he has one of those t-shirts that look like a tuxedo.  It looked so perfect from far away.  I say to him man thank you for not wearing a tux.  He said he didn’t read the invitation that he loved that shirt.  Then he said at least I don’t look as bad as you. 

So then people are dancing and me and Cindy start to dance then before the first song is over Woody taps me to cut in.  We were next to Lyle Waggoner and Linda Evans dancing together.  They could hear me telling Woody I don’t want to leave her cause I don’t’ want people to see me.  He starts to laugh.  So did Linda and Lyle.  Well just then Kristina Wayborn (James Bond girl from Octopussy) passes by and hears this.  So she grabs me and woody grabs Cindy and we dance around.  That was the night.  A little kissing with Cindy but not much cause she didn’t want the other people working with the event to see her cause it didn’t look good I guess help going out with the whoever.  Oh yea, Stephen Edberg grabbed Cindy and she told me.  I went over to him and asked him what he was doing.  He said he didn’t mean anything it was an accident.  I said to him fine don’t have another accident or I will have one on you.  He said something then left.  He thought he was bad.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #589 on: June 12, 2005, 08:36:36 PM »
PART 2

Next day golf.  They stick me with Dr. J, a corporate guy and the resident pro.  It’s best ball.  We played at the Bear Creek Country Club in Boca built by Nickolas.  The sand traps are so deep, they had these people called “markers” (I think) that would line up where your ball is lying and where the pin is because you couldn’t see over the top and then rack the pit after you are done.  They had stairs going down into them.  I swear they were 20’ deep.

Anway in short Dr. J cheats allot. On the “closet to the hole” hole I got something like 3’ from the hold and was in first place for that.  The prize was a car phone for one year (back then they were like $1,000) and a ticket anywhere in the continental US on United Airlines.  So we are in the clubhouse celebrating my win of that hole.  Then one of the officials come in and tells everyone that (I can’t remember his name) but he played Jimmy Olsen in the Superman movie, got a hole in one.  I swear to god I was pissed.  He won on top of everything else the ticket was upgraded to anywhere in the world United flyes.  And with all the cheating Dr. J did we still lost.

So now it’s done and Cindy comes gets me.  We are having a party that night on a Yacht.  So I go get ready the limo comes and takes to the yacht.  It is called Monkey Business,  The yacht Gary Hart screwed around with that girl.  So we are on this thing drinking up a storm.  I am drinking with the Kenny loggins and this other musician who I never heard of but has won grammys named something Marcelas.  I think he plays a horn or something.  And of course the beautiful Cindy.  So now the funny thing is we are going t take the yacht to dinner.  We pull up to Shooters in ft. Lauderdale, and they valet park the yacht.  I loved it.  So we had dinner and that was that.

Next day, was the basketball game and that night was the end of tennis and the last party.  Myself and Nels played Bjorn Borg and Kristina Wayborn in front of maybe 5,000 people.  The funniest part was when Nels and Bjorn were volleying and not letting the ball hit the ground.  I stood there with my hand on my hip watching them like how about me.  Then all of a sudden Bjorn whacks the ball straight at me and it hits me in the chest and falls straight to the ground.  The ground starts laughing so loud as he comes over to say sorry.  It was funny. 

Anyway there is so much more but I see this is really long.  Almost as long as the 3 day event.  Anyway me and Cindy stayed in very close contact and it actually ended up almost ending her marriage.  Me and Kristina stayed in contact too for awhile.  The others I never saw again.  The pic is me and Kristina.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #590 on: June 12, 2005, 08:37:27 PM »
Well I told you guys to get ready for some pics of BB's you've never seen.  Keep it up Stunt

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #591 on: June 12, 2005, 11:19:13 PM »
More.

First is one of Phil;'s better shots. Sorry but I don't know who took this one.

Can anyone ID the second?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #592 on: June 12, 2005, 11:34:45 PM »
Stunt do you have any of Pete when he did his first guest posing at the Pacific Beach

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #593 on: June 13, 2005, 12:08:20 AM »
Only - Any Pete shots that I may have are presently in the shop getting transferred from slide to disc. They get released next Wednesday.

YOU are in many and I will send them to ya and you can post those yourself with the appropriate story if any.

You got any humerous "No Hope in Dope" stories? I thinkI do recall a couple.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #594 on: June 13, 2005, 01:20:29 AM »
I need to figure out how to make my stories shorter

Milly

« Reply #595 on: June 13, 2005, 07:24:51 AM »
Hey Guys

I just want to say that I am loving this thread, very nostalgic for me even though I am 35 lol.

Onlyme, I couldnt sleep last night due to the extreme humididty here in Montreal and was watching some old WWF tapes my brother gave me a while back and saw your buddie that you speak of several times Tony Halme(ludvig Borga) in one of the main events.

He sure looked like the type of guy not to mess around with.

PS speaking of the wrestlers any good stories on those guys

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #596 on: June 13, 2005, 09:09:29 AM »
Only - great stories as usual

stunt - great pictures of Rolf

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #597 on: June 13, 2005, 09:31:21 AM »
Stunt, I believe the 2nd guy is Justin Brooks.  He was sponsered my muscletech when they first started

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #598 on: June 13, 2005, 11:29:27 AM »
I got Tony his very first wrestlig gig ever.  They brought him over to wrestle with some local guy.  Bob Orton and Steve Strong also wrestled.  It was fun cause we got to go to the Polynesian Cultural Center for the day.  We ended up (all four of us) hula dancing up on stage in front of about 3,000 people.  It was so embarrassing.

The promoter is "The Rock" Dwayne Thomas mom.  Well she tried to rip Tony off by nor payng him in full.  He was to get $5,000 and she wanted topay him $2,500.  He went ballastic in the back and finally got a check for $5,000.  I can't remember the guys name but he is really famous in wrestling back in the 70's and 80's.  He told us that Tony better go to the bank 1st thing in the morning and cash the check cause she will go there and close the account.

So, at 7am me and Tony went to the bank and was first at the door of the bank.  Before it opened there were 4 other wrestlers.  Anyway, we cashed the check and was pulling out of the driveway (at around 8:05am) and here drives up the promoter.  We found out later she did close the account but Tony already got paid.  I wonder if Steve Strong and Orton got paid.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #599 on: June 13, 2005, 12:28:16 PM »
Matt and Jeff in thier younger years