Author Topic: Jesse Marunde passed away July 25, 2007  (Read 25718 times)

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
Re: JESSE MARUNDE PASSED AWAY
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2007, 08:22:45 AM »
I wish all the best to his family.

As for DW, I think he once admitted to being mentally ill, and although for some it isn't a reasonable excuse, it is arguable that they certainly have their moments where they say/do things that are not contextually proper.

Anyways, all the best to the Marundes.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2007, 08:23:12 AM »
I agree, but at least show some respect.  Thewickedtruth said it best... NO CLASS.  As much shit as we give each other on the boards here, we are all still brothers of iron...  This is what is important... not someones drug regimen.  People are the most important thing.

I like this guy and both like and respect what he has to say. Nice to know there are those out there to still realize that. It's part of hte problem with society today. Especially the younger generations of which I'm apart of.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2007, 08:25:01 AM »
You must know him from more than his posts, especially the ones he's made in the last few months. Because the person he projects himself to be and portrays in his posts, isn't someone I'd describe as a good dude. I was glad to see for once get bigger's come together and keep the bullshit where it belongs but, apparenlty that's alot to ask for him. You're vouching for him though and I've never taken you for stupid, so I'd hope he's not really like this all the time.
i'm not "vouching' for him i'm just saying that DW says a lot of shit to be annoying or shocking like a lot of young guys his age do, it's just his way of getting attention, i believe that he's maybe a little intimidated by Marunde's strength given that they were around the same height and DW is nowhere near as strong as jesse was, DW says some stupid shit sometimes but cut the guy some slack, he's young and possibly has never had to deal with tragedy but maybe he has i don't know.

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2007, 08:26:11 AM »
i'm not "vouching' for him i'm just saying that DW says a lot of shit to be annoying or shocking like a lot of young guys his age do, it's just his way of getting attention, i believe that he's maybe a little intimidated by Marunde's strength given that they were around the same height and DW is nowhere near as strong as jesse was, DW says some stupid shit sometimes but cut the guy some slack, he's young and possibly has never had to deal with tragedy but maybe he has i don't know.

I am positive DW said he has schizophrenia. If that is the case, well, maybe take what he posts with a grain of salt.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2007, 08:27:04 AM »
I knew this would happen....I love the Worlds Strongest man episodes on ESPN. I have seen Jesse a couple of times and for some strange reason i knew he would be the next victim. These newer athletes are using drugs far more potent than anything used in the past and the effects are what we see now...incredible size, strength, speed at the cost of ones life. There was another guy from North Carolina: John Perry,  that died not to long ago. He was a BIG guy like 320 pounds or more and he too died at a very young age:..I think he was 30 or so as well. The sad thing is WSM is hosted by Bill Kazmaier who is one of the former WSM who is still alive and I believe in his fifties and doing well. This same pattern is prevelent in BB where the former BBs are still alive Bertil Fox, Lou Ferrigno, Lee Haney, Columbo, Serge, Beckles etc etc and doing well, while all of the young BB are dying or succumbing to cardiovascular conditions and surgeries.

The get rich quick, hurry up and be famous, get the awards now mindset has got to be put to rest. While we can never stop the use of drugs in sports...there has to be a return to things that are safer and dosages less LETHAL!!!

C

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2007, 08:27:31 AM »
dw isn't right in the head.

RIP Marunde.. I saw him on the WSM contests on ESPN and he was one strong mofo.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2007, 08:28:30 AM »
god u guys snap and act like suffering is not nature. let the man RIP but lets not be cloudy about it

we all have our days, do we want people praising us in our death for something we made the mistake on?

that is not the true way of living jesse knew the dangers, just like me when i smoke up. its all a balance of the natural consequences with luxiries we feel that we need to better our selfs or life styles.

the real focus shoulndt be internal mayhem as a consequence for simply being a #1 competitor. sometimes in life you shouldnt put all your eggs in one basket!
A

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2007, 08:28:36 AM »

Being young is no excuse. You make it sound like he's 10, which is exactly what he sounds like most days. There are better ways of getting attention, as if his goof ball snuff film style youtube vids of his weren't doing enough. I'm 23 and I know he's right at my age if not a little older, some of us grow up faster and experience life sooner than others I guess. Still, there's a time and place for it and this isn't it. Man I must be in one piss ass mood to let what he said get to me. I deal with death alot in what I do. They're people still even in death, at least show ONE last parting bit of respect for their passing.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2007, 08:29:49 AM »
I knew this would happen....I love the Worlds Strongest man episodes on ESPN. I have seen Jesse a couple of times and for some strange reason i knew he would be the next victim. These newer athletes are using drugs far more potent than anything used in the past and the effects are what we see now...incredible size, strength, speed at the cost of ones life. There was another guy from North Carolina: John Perry,  that died not to long ago. He was a BIG guy like 320 pounds or more and he too died at a very young age:..I think he was 30 or so as well. The sad thing is WSM is hosted by Bill Kazmaier who is one of the former WSM who is still alive and I believe in his fifties and doing well. This same pattern is prevelent in BB where the former BBs are still alive Bertil Fox, Lou Ferrigno, Lee Haney, Columbo, Serge, Beckles etc etc and doing well, while all of the young BB are dying or succumbing to cardiovascular conditions and surgeries.

The get rich quick, hurry up and be famous, get the awards now mindset has got to be put to rest. While we can never stop the use of drugs in sports...there has to be a return to things that are safer and dosages less LETHAL!!!

Bertil Fox is "doing well"?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2007, 08:31:51 AM »
Being young is no excuse. You make it sound like he's 10, which is exactly what he sounds like most days. There are better ways of getting attention, as if his goof ball snuff film style youtube vids of his weren't doing enough. I'm 23 and I know he's right at my age if not a little older, some of us grow up faster and experience life sooner than others I guess. Still, there's a time and place for it and this isn't it. Man I must be in one piss ass mood to let what he said get to me. I deal with death alot in what I do. They're people still even in death, at least show ONE last parting bit of respect for their passing.
i agree, if you've experienced tragedy as far as family and friends passing away then you become more sensitive to these things, i had both my mother and sister die young so i feel for people who have to go through these things, it sucks.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2007, 08:32:56 AM »

Too much drugs..

Couple that with eating so much. Can't tell me it's okay to eat 3x your daily requirements at for a given period of time then stop suddenly, while injecting insulin, growth hormones, grams of test, drugs to draw water out of your body, pain killers, stimulant fat burners, now hormone fat burners, excessive tanning, shitting 3 times day and the list goes on and on.

Back in the day, the guys took some test and and ate good food. That was about it. They were off for periods of time allowing their bodies to recover and are in good health today.

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2007, 08:34:27 AM »
god u guys snap and act like suffering is not nature. let the man RIP but lets not be cloudy about it

we all have our days, do we want people praising us in our death for something we made the mistake on?
that is not the true way of living jesse knew the dangers, just like me when i smoke up. its all a balance of the natural consequences with luxiries we feel that we need to better our selfs or life styles.

the real focus shoulndt be internal mayhem as a consequence for simply being a #1 competitor. sometimes in life you shouldnt put all your eggs in one basket!

I can assure you that when you die, I won't be praising your humanitarism...  rest assured!  you made that choice!

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2007, 08:34:46 AM »
i agree, if you've experienced tragedy as far as family and friends passing away then you become more sensitive to these things, i had both my mother and sister die young so i feel for people who have to got hrought hese things, it sucks.

this is hell on earth. i could be next to die, i just want to live my life for others, i know not to be greedy in this life, take too many chances or else i could die sooner.
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2007, 08:35:50 AM »
I can assure you that when you die, I won't be praising your humanitarism...  rest assured!  you made that choice!

your missing my main point
A

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2007, 08:36:05 AM »
this is hell on earth. i could be next to die, i just want to live my life for others, i know not to be greedy in this life, take too many chances or else i could die sooner.
that's a good outlook DW.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2007, 08:36:21 AM »

Praising our deaths for the mistakes we've made? WHAT?!! We're here giving our condolenses for the man he was and for what his life achievements...

Where does this shit come from? It's as if you contradict yourself every other sentence. Like you believe one thing but chastise it in another. So you're saying DON'T live life doing what you enjoy and don't trry to be successful at it? You make it sound like you knew Jesse personally and all he ever wanted to do was be number on in WSM and nothing more. That was his sole drive in everything...not to bette the sport, not to raise a family, etc.

Whatever the fuck you're smoking, I'd find out where it came from because it's cut with some bad shit!

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2007, 08:38:22 AM »

Then make an actual point, without contradicting yourself...please.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2007, 08:38:27 AM »

So what IS your point exactly? You make it sound like you've gone and changed the world wiht what you've said and done on what...get big? LOL! The way it sounds, you think it's best to hole up in that garage for the rest of your life and not "risk" living.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2007, 08:39:55 AM »
Then make an actual point, without contradicting yourself...please.

No shit, by all means. Enlighten us o'wise one.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2007, 08:40:39 AM »
all bullshit aside this is a very sad tragic thing, 27 years old is way too young to go, just a baby in the grand scheme of things.

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2007, 08:41:29 AM »
Listen DW, I don't want to have all this hostility on this thread, it is the wrong place and also is unneccisary.  Death is no joke to me though, and a mans life is the most valuable thing that can be taken from him.  maybe I misunderstood, and I am sorry for blowing up at you...WE ARE BROTHERS OF IRON!  

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2007, 08:42:52 AM »
all bullshit aside this is a very sad tragic thing, 27 years old is way too young to go, just a baby in the grand scheme of things.

Dave is right here, this thread should be about the tragedy of losing someone so young with so much ahead of him. For the sake of respect, maybe ignore offensive DW posts and maybe take them to pm or something. Just a thought.

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2007, 08:45:37 AM »
I am surprised and impressed at how awesome everyone is being about DW being such a goon. I was half expecting half the board to follow DWs retarded provocative lead. I guess getbig is not entirely negative. I'm 22 and even I can see that sometimes being mindless and childish isn't cool, although as Squadfather points out maybe DW just hasn't experienced anything bad enough to understand. I hope Cali and Dawson are okay!

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2007, 08:48:23 AM »
Dave is right here, this thread should be about the tragedy of losing someone so young with so much ahead of him. For the sake of respect, maybe ignore offensive DW posts and maybe take them to pm or something. Just a thought.

Agreed. And to show that, I'd like to ask all my posts to be deleted by a mod if they get a chance in this thread that have nothing to do with the subject matter.

Steve Pulcinella

• Getbig II
  • www.ironsport.com
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2007, 08:51:14 AM »
Yeah, some of you guys are real assholes. Jesse was a friend of mine and a really great guy. Not a partier, not a bragger, just a hard working son of a bitch. if you knew him you would all be impressed by him in many ways. I was devastated this morning when i found out.